PDA

View Full Version : You just gotta love listening to athletes speak

Underdog07
09-20-2006, 04:52 PM
I was listening to sports talk in Boston and this Patriot defensive back kept using the word physicality. Is that a word? What does "ality" add to a word? Can one have intelligality? If so, that is so me. It compliments my speedicism.

carrillj
09-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I was listening to sports talk in Boston and this Patriot defensive back kept using the word physicality. Is that a word? What does "ality" add to a word? Can one have intelligality? If so, that is so me. It compliments my speedicism.

Yes, it is a word and I'm guessing that particular player used in in the right context.

"physicality  –noun, plural -ties.

1. the physical attributes of a person, esp. when overdeveloped or overemphasized.

2. preoccupation with one's body, physical needs, or appetites."

fossa
09-23-2006, 04:17 PM
good = Charles Barkley. he always cracks me up!

bad = PROFESSIONAL ANNOUNCERS and also athletes who use the word HEIGHT*H*:stick: :stick:
there is NO SUCH WORD as heighth :stick:
length = yes
width = yes
heighth = NO:stick:

OneOne78
09-23-2006, 05:50 PM
No one could ever beat RICKY HENDERSON! He has to be the all time king.

'Nuff
09-23-2006, 05:53 PM
No one could ever beat RICKY HENDERSON! He has to be the all time king.

I'd like to nominate Mike Tyson and Emmit Smith...

OneOne78
09-23-2006, 11:28 PM
I'd like to nominate Mike Tyson and Emmit Smith...Runner ups :thumbs2:

bat_collector
09-24-2006, 01:40 AM
I hate it when they get football players as announces who are not well-spoken at all (e.g. Deion Sanders, who only seems t talk about himself, and tony siragusa, whatever he is saying).

sellin71
09-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Michael Spinx takes the cake.

Collection King 13
09-24-2006, 10:33 AM
THere are some that are bad and some that are good...

sellin71
09-24-2006, 10:46 AM
Here are some more, you decide if they are bad or good:

"Pro atheletes make a lot of money but we spend alot of money too" - Patrick Ewing couple of years ago when asked about the escalating salaries.

"I have to be assertive, and if the ball doesn't go in, it gives us a good rebounding opportunity."
- Los Angeles Lakers G Kobe Bryant, on why he shoots so much

"I'm going to the Bahamas. I'm going to get a tan."
- Terrell Owens, on how he intends to spend time during his one-week suspension

"Therapy can be a good thing; it can be therapeutic."
-- Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez on the benefits of seeing a, well, therapist

"That's why I don't talk. Because I talk too much."
-Joaquin Andujar

"It's a partial sellout."
-Atlanta Braves broadcaster Skip Caray, trying not to say the game has only drawn 6,000 fans

"We're not attempting to circumcise rules."
-Bill Cowher, Pittsburgh Steelers coach

Car50n
09-24-2006, 12:09 PM
"rich people don't write checks. Straight cash homey." -Randy Moss after being asked if he'll cut a check for his "mooning" fine

sellin71
09-24-2006, 03:08 PM
"rich people don't write checks. Straight cash homey." -Randy Moss after being asked if he'll cut a check for his "mooning" fine

He should have said, "Thugs don't write checks. People are afraid that you will close the account before they can cash them."

Underdog07
09-24-2006, 05:15 PM
He should have said, "Thugs don't write checks. People are afraid that you will close the account before they can cash them."

Or he could have been honest and asked "How do you spell Randy?"

Underdog07
09-24-2006, 05:22 PM
"I can dribble with my left, I can dribble with my right. I am amphibious." -Shaquille O'Neal

'Nuff
09-24-2006, 05:25 PM
"To get a better piece of chicken, you'd have to be a rooster."...Mickey Mantle on how good the chicken was at his restaurant.

hawkeyethearcher
09-25-2006, 02:49 AM
shannon sharpe. this guy is speaking in tongues. i dont have a clue what he is saying. we used to laugh when he was a player and would talk to the media. now he is on a sports show. come on.

Tony Coca
09-25-2006, 10:17 AM
The funniest ever was when Tyson said he was going to eat the guys kids and then praised to allah.

sellin71
09-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Here's one from Edgerrin James following their lose to the Rams yesterday.

"It's crazy. It's ridiculous," he said. "We've got to do something different. If we want different results, we've got to do something different. There's something we're not doing right. I don't know. I'm just doing my job. We've got to do something different. I don't know what it is."

Sniper
09-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Actually this weekend on HBO boxing lenox lewis was trying to say Inebriated to describe the boxer who was wobbling into the corner and didn'e have his legs under him. MAx kellerman finally helped him out with a small laugh and said don't you mean inebriated and lewis responded laughing and that too. In his defense he is a very well spoken former heavy weight. Just a funny moment.