PDA

View Full Version : What Yankee Fans Want

Underdog07
10-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Listened to 3+ hours of sports talk this morning while sitting in the car. Here is a summary of what I heard:

Outright cut RJohnson, Pavano, Wright and Giambi (thus eating $80+ million)

Trade Damon because he was laughing yesterday

Don't re-sign Sheffield or Mussina because they are not true Yankees (Moose did not throw at the Red Sox a few years ago).

Fire Torre. Keep Torre. Fire Torre.

and of course trade ARod. One caller suggested they target Miggy Cabrera. Yeah, the marlins will take on ARod's extra $20 million a year salary. What planet was this guy from.

Tony Coca
10-08-2006, 02:12 PM
I agree with everything there.Especially the part of getting Giambi out of NY.

carrillj
10-08-2006, 02:17 PM
It's strange how all hell breaks loose in New York, whenever the Yankees don't win the World Series. Most teams would consider their season a success just for reaching the playoffs. I guess that ridiculously high NY Yankee payroll demands a championship team every year. :rolleyes2

Tony Coca
10-08-2006, 02:18 PM
It's strange how all hell breaks loose in New York, whenever the Yankees don't win the World Series. Most teams would consider their season a success just for reaching the playoffs. I guess that ridiculously high NY Yankee payroll demands a championship team every year. :rolleyes2

why do you think they get paid so much for.

boondocksaint
10-08-2006, 02:23 PM

i consider it somewhat of a success due to all the injuries and starting pitching problems they had

carrillj
10-08-2006, 02:25 PM
why do you think they get paid so much for.

It shouldn't be about getting a bunch of high paying stars on 1 team, it should be about putting together a team that has the right chemistry to work well together to be a champion. It's hit or miss in baseball, but it goes just about the same for almost all sports teams. That's why US sports teams usually play so bad in world competition...but that's another story.

Tony Coca
10-08-2006, 02:26 PM
It shouldn't be about getting a bunch of high paying stars on 1 team, it should be about putting together a team that has the right chemistry to work well together to be a champion. It's hit or miss in baseball, but it goes just about the same for almost all sports teams. That's why US sports teams usually play so bad in world competition...but that's another story.

I was kidding.Im happy we got to the playoffs.Upset that we are out but hell as the saying goes always next year.

Daredevil
10-08-2006, 02:36 PM
They just want the entire Mets roster on their team.

Underdog07
10-08-2006, 02:58 PM
As a non-Yankee fan, what I find most beautiful is that this is an extremely weak free agent class coming up. I'd love the Yanks to sign Zito for 6 years, Carlos Lee for 5 years and bring back Soriano for another 5 years.

That will lead to jjust more of the same.

SirConor
10-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Yankees are the biggest joke in sports. Gotta love it :D

stormshadow75x
10-08-2006, 03:54 PM
As a non-Yankee fan, what I find most beautiful is that this is an extremely weak free agent class coming up. I'd love the Yanks to sign Zito for 6 years, Carlos Lee for 5 years and bring back Soriano for another 5 years.

That will lead to jjust more of the same.

you got that right.... & you'll have Pinella kicking & screaming :banghead: every freaking game.....

:thumbs2: :buttrock:

Poor Jeter....:bawling:

VaultMan
10-08-2006, 04:13 PM
Outright cut RJohnson, Pavano, Wright and Giambi (thus eating $80+ million), trade Damon because he was laughing yesterday, don't re-sign Sheffield or Mussina because they are not true Yankees (Moose did not throw at the Red Sox a few years ago).

Fire Torre. Keep Torre. Fire Torre.

and of course trade ARod.

I hope Yankee Fan gets everything they are asking for...and they'll have an inexperienced roster, with a brand new manager and miss the playoffs for a few seasons...you can then feel whats its like to lose 90-100 games a year, then we can hear you cry MORE. Friggin Yankee fans are the BIGGEST babies in SPORTS. PERIOD.

Lousy sports fans, who dont consider the truth and authenticity of the game, but rather the fact that entire rosters need to be dismantled and managers need to get the axe when they lose.

Though I will say that its probably time to get a good manager that can put a TEAM together, and not a lot of high-end contracts.

Tony Coca
10-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Yankees are the biggest joke in sports. Gotta love it :D

Arent you a Cubs fan.

devlinboy
10-08-2006, 07:17 PM
arods contract is not too bad if you think of how the rangers are paying a decent chunk

sincity
10-08-2006, 08:57 PM
maybe the yankees could try to build from within
draft some quality players and keep them
instead of trading for a player on the way down
look what the twins, tigers and A's have playing "DRAFT PICKS"
isn't jeter their best player surprise
he was drafted and developed (look it up)
and be a little more selective on free agent
best players do not equal championships

just ask redskins fans
snyder was the worst thing to happen to them
even gibbs can't help

Primal
10-08-2006, 09:00 PM

That's because unlike the rest of the country, NY demands perfection. :eplus2:

sincity
10-08-2006, 09:02 PM
That's because unlike the rest of the country, NY demands perfection. :eplus2:

and yet they never achieve it

Tony Coca
10-08-2006, 09:03 PM

Of course they do.Im here.:peoples:

sincity
10-08-2006, 09:05 PM
Of course they do.Im here.:peoples:

ok so thats 1

Primal
10-08-2006, 09:05 PM

As much as I dog the Yanks...they are the winningest team in sports history.

Yes...winningest is a word. :D
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/winningest

OneOne78
10-08-2006, 09:13 PM
I just love how Yankees fan react when their team gets bumped. Only person that throws a bigger tantrum is the boss (surprised he hasn't had a stroke yet). I'm sure heads are going to roll in the off season, this will be fun to watch.

bat_collector
10-08-2006, 09:16 PM
I love it, I love it, I love it!

sincity
10-08-2006, 09:19 PM
As much as I dog the Yanks...they are the winningest team in sports history.

Yes...winningest is a word. :D
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/winningest

well winning isn't everything
neither is winningest

Primal
10-08-2006, 09:20 PM
I love it, I love it, I love it!

What? The Braves? :laugh:

SirConor
10-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Arent you a Cubs fan.

Touche.:confused2 Good memory, too. :laugh: