PDA

View Full Version : Come on, is anyone really surprised....

The General
11-02-2006, 11:01 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/em_swift/11/01/clemens.real/

Collection King 13
11-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Not Surprised at all...

The General
11-02-2006, 11:13 AM
I've been saying this for the longest time already. People just are so wrapped up into hating Bonds that they stop and look at the other players in the MLB. They also brought up a good point about steroids being around since the 1930’s and that we don’t even know if Aaron was clean. I’m going to ask Zurb if it’s true that steroids were around in the 30’s.

Yo Cage remember what we were talking about in Hooters?:thumbs2:

risingstar
11-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Clemens' off season work out regimen has actually become quite legendary. However, that doesn't necessarily negate the plausibility that steroids helped him endure the rigorous training...

How do/did all these players continue to pass every one of their drug tests?
It's astounding when you think of it...

As an aside, back in graduate school, we used to get calls a week in advance by "the Federal powers that be" that they would be conducting an investigation of our research premises and so on. It gave us ample time to "clean up" whatever needed to be cleaned up so that we seemed above board. From what I gather, this happens in most major universities.

P.S. Here's hoping Clemens is clean.

Nightwinger
11-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Here are some comments. Sorry if any are stupid.

Humans LOVE to win....at ANY cost. Are we really that niave to think ANY
athelete would use drugs????

Why all the hubb bubb about steroids??
What about pain killers that subside any pain that a player can still play???

My real problem with the article is the guy that 'outed' other players that
alleggedly did steroids. What a PUSSSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If he got caught. Take your punishment. Unless he has UNDISPUTED proof...
photos or video. Keep your mouth shut--dirtbag!!!!!!!!!!!!

bat_collector
11-02-2006, 09:41 PM
I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Bond,s though, NAIL HIM TO THE WALL!

risingstar
11-02-2006, 10:17 PM
How much do you think Bond's record breaking homerun run ball will go for?

nbr3bagshotrow
11-03-2006, 01:33 AM
Who cares? Baseball's boring anyways.:confused2

OneOne78
11-03-2006, 10:22 AM
:stick: Checkers is not a sport

OneOne78
11-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Not Surprised at all...
Ditto

OneOne78
11-03-2006, 10:28 AM
How much do you think Bond's record breaking homerun run ball will go for?
Alot! Unfortunately there are people out there with alot of money to burn. The person may actually be a huge Bonds fan and believes he never used steriods, a flipper or just may want to get his/her five minutes of fame by shelling out big bucks for it.

The General
11-03-2006, 10:30 AM
I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Bond,s though, NAIL HIM TO THE WALL!

You should talk, your just as big a mo mo as he is.

bat_collector
11-03-2006, 11:27 AM
You should talk, your just as big a mo mo as he is.

What, I've made money and broke records in sports by cheating?

I dont' remember doing that.

Seriously, I wish there was some action taken against ANY of these players we all know used drugs (Sosa, Mcguire, bonds, etc). But, when its all said and done all of them will be the hall of fame.

The General
11-03-2006, 12:24 PM
What, I've made money and broke records in sports by cheating?

I dont' remember doing that.

Seriously, I wish there was some action taken against ANY of these players we all know used drugs (Sosa, Mcguire, bonds, etc). But, when its all said and done all of them will be the hall of fame.

I heard that you were using the clear while you were posting and doing your mod duties. Your post count is tainted.

Seriously though, just remember so far there is no dirty drug test for any of those players you mentioned.

bat_collector
11-03-2006, 12:53 PM
I heard that you were using the clear while you were posting and doing your mod duties. Your post count is tainted.

Seriously though, just remember so far there is no dirty drug test for any of those players you mentioned.

There weren't even drug tests being done until recently period!

Baseball has too much invested in these players to throw them under the bus and are letting them get away with it.:thumbsdow

The General
11-03-2006, 12:56 PM
There weren't even drug tests being done until recently period!

Baseball has too much invested in these players to throw them under the bus and are letting them get away with it.:thumbsdow

It wouldn't have mattered anyway. The tests aren't good enough.

Bonds was tested the last year more than anybody and the year prior he was tested a bunch of times also and he was always clean.

MLB screwed the pooch on this one. Big time.

bat_collector
11-03-2006, 02:54 PM
It wouldn't have mattered anyway. The tests aren't good enough.

Bonds was tested the last year more than anybody and the year prior he was tested a bunch of times also and he was always clean.

MLB screwed the pooch on this one. Big time.

You probably also believe that OJ was realy innocent, too.

Not sure why you are such a bond apologist. The main thing is there is plenty of evidence linking him to using some sort of performance enhancing drug, and you know it. He's just played the system to get away with it.

Hey, Mcguire did that as well.

The General
11-03-2006, 03:17 PM
You probably also believe that OJ was realy innocent, too.

Not sure why you are such a bond apologist. The main thing is there is plenty of evidence linking him to using some sort of performance enhancing drug, and you know it. He's just played the system to get away with it.

Hey, Mcguire did that as well.

Dude do you just want to argue about Bonds? Is that what you want? My post wasn’t saying Bonds was innocent – I was trying to make a point that MLB’s tests don’t work. If anything what I said makes it sound like I really think he’s guilty but you want to go 10 rounds over Bonds I have no problem spanking you like the 2 times I destroyed Daywalker.

Also my stance isn’t all because I’m a Bonds apologist – My argument from day 1 is that this country is all about innocent until proven guilty and it gets me sick how people want to string em’ up without a trial. My other point is that no matter how big an ass he is he has never given a reason not to believe him, it’s not like he’s Pete Rose a known liar. I’m a Bonds fan but why I argue this with so much fury is because of those 2 points I mentioned not because I’m Bonds #1 fan.

kirthew
11-03-2006, 05:14 PM
I voted for all three... what can I say.. I left my medication at home.

Justin
11-08-2006, 06:06 AM

Agreed! :laugh:

The General
11-18-2006, 01:58 AM

Oh and hockey isn't? I'd rather watch Oprah watch a football game than watch 2 minutes of a hockey game.