PDA

View Full Version : Yes it's Over.

Tony Coca
11-19-2006, 03:33 AM
GSP Beat Hughes tonight at the UFC PPV.

Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre is up next.

Hughes got a much bigger reaction. Both have their fans but Hughes has all the casual fans in his corner. Hughes does not look as confident as usual. St. Pierre is nervous, can't stand still. They both seem to knos this won't be easy. Actually Hughes got three times the reaction as St. Pierre when all was said and done.

I'd say 75-80% pro Hughes. There are "USA " chants and people are stomping their feet before it even starts.

Crowd turned for St. Pierre as won the round, dominating the stand-up. St. Pierre put Hughes down right at the end of the round with a flurry of punches and if the bell hadn't sounded that could have been it. Maybe 10-8 for St. Pierre.

St. Pierre put him down with a left high kick, basically in the kick it was the knee to the side of Hughes' head, and finished him with a flurry on the ground before it was stopped at 1:25 of the second round.

St. Pierre said he'd give him a rematch but this was a totally dominant performance.

snappahead
11-19-2006, 05:44 AM
Hell's yeah, baby. I'm thrilled to see that punk get his a$$ handed to him finally. I just found out about this and actually stood up and did a fist pump LOL. Great news to me. As much as I respect Hughes as a fighter, he's proven over and over again what a jerk he is and this was a butt whoopin that was well deserved..plus I just really like St. Pierre:) The canadians are taking over the UFC. First Silva, now St. Pierre. Now where's their heavyweights? Someone needs to get rid of that crappy Sylvia.

boondocksaint
11-19-2006, 06:10 AM
silvia very dissapointing....he plays it safe and makes the fights boring.....same thing he did with arlovski...

hughes im pretty stunned to see him get rocked like that...
we'll see a rematch

Tony Coca
11-19-2006, 08:45 PM
real crappy video but it shows what happened.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BkgrX0dabTg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BkgrX0dabTg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

boondocksaint
11-19-2006, 08:48 PM
yeah he rocked him with that kick....the elbows sealed the deal! very impressive fighter gsp is....he will beat serra(sp?) and we'll see him and hughes go at it...

i cant wait for ortiz liddel 2!

Tony Coca
11-19-2006, 08:56 PM
yeah he rocked him with that kick....the elbows sealed the deal! very impressive fighter gsp is....he will beat serra(sp?) and we'll see him and hughes go at it...

i cant wait for ortiz liddel 2!

Chucks going to beat Titos ass that night.

boondocksaint
11-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Chucks going to beat Titos ass that night.

if you watch the replay close you see where chuck gets the thumb in his eye...
chucks a better puncher but he cant touch titos ground game IMO....but i dont know to much! LOL

im an ortiz fan so i guess my opinion doesnt count...hes bangin jenna! lucky bastich! LOL

Tony Coca
11-19-2006, 09:04 PM
if you watch the replay close you see where chuck gets the thumb in his eye...
chucks a better puncher but he cant touch titos ground game IMO....but i dont know to much! LOL

im an ortiz fan so i guess my opinion doesnt count...hes bangin jenna! lucky bastich! LOL

I like Tito as well but he's no match for Chuck.And come on honestly who hasnt Banged Jenna.LOL.

Ish
11-19-2006, 09:50 PM
who won the silvia monson fight?

Tony Coca
11-19-2006, 09:55 PM

silva

boondocksaint
11-19-2006, 10:14 PM

i lost all respect for silvia....he plays it safe now that he has the belt same thing with the last fight with arlovski....very boring fight
the crowd was booing the whole fight..

Ish
11-19-2006, 10:48 PM
silva

how the f*** did that happen?

Ish
11-19-2006, 10:49 PM
i lost all respect for silvia....he plays it safe now that he has the belt same thing with the last fight with arlovski....very boring fight
the crowd was booing the whole fight..

silvia is a piece of crap, he's just all hyped up, i mean come on, he got beat with that stupid ankle lock...

boondocksaint
11-19-2006, 10:51 PM
how the f*** did that happen?

he practiced his sprawl defense
he did a great job defending his take down attack

he just didnt bring the offensive fire power we know he has which is a shame he couldve knocked this guy out!

then he calls a guy out at the end of the fight saying hes gonna knock him out,,,,know "maniac" you will play it safe again and give a boring fight!
big john had to actually step in and say "Guys this is a Fight...you need to fight!"

misanthrope
11-19-2006, 10:54 PM
damn! i was bettin against sylvia. hes a bum. the big guys are always affraid of takin an @$$ whoopin. id of booed too. glad to see hughes now has a reason to shut the hell up.

Ish
11-19-2006, 11:37 PM
he practiced his sprawl defense
he did a great job defending his take down attack

he just didnt bring the offensive fire power we know he has which is a shame he couldve knocked this guy out!

then he calls a guy out at the end of the fight saying hes gonna knock him out,,,,know "maniac" you will play it safe again and give a boring fight!
big john had to actually step in and say "Guys this is a Fight...you need to fight!"

well you oviouly don't know monson...

snappahead
11-20-2006, 06:56 AM
I like Chuck too, but I would like to see him get his ass kicked. He's been unstoppable for a long time. If Tito gets Chuck down, it's over, but Chuck's got one of the best takedown defenses around. It'll be very interesting to see how that fight goes. Right now..I'm just siked to see GSP whoopin Hughes' a$$. Awesome.

boondocksaint
11-20-2006, 07:22 AM
well you oviouly don't know monson...

i know what i saw and he looked like sh*t....one dimensional in this fight..

overkill
12-09-2006, 06:27 PM
Jerome Le banner has been calling out Tim Silvia for over a year now. That is one guy that will beat the dogsh1t out of Silvia. And it felt great watching Hughes get knocked around. Tired of his nonsense.