PDA

View Full Version : Jla / Avengers

d rod
08-21-2004, 12:25 PM
JLA/AVENGERS: THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION HC - SIGNED VERSION

PRICE:
$250.

Signed By the entire creative team of writer Kurt Busiek with artist George Perez and colorist Tom Smith and Re-Marked with a Superman Head Sketch!. The entire team of creators signs this beautiful collection!

The landmark crossover event of the decade is collected in a spectacular 2-volume slipcased hardcover set! Volume 1 presents the 224-page 4-issue miniseries including introductions by Stan Lee and Julius Schwartz and a key to the characters featured on the cover. The 80-page Volume 2 contains the original 21 pages of pencils from the aborted 1980s crossover an article on what went wrong by K.C. Carlson the new miniseries proposal and plot development a Perez portfolio of art done to commemorate the project and annotated notes from Kurt Busiek to the characters and more.

Each Signed copy features a certificate of authenticity and is sealed with a DF Holo-Foil sticker!

* INCENTIVE *
ORDER 3 COPIES OF JLA/AVENGERS HC AND GET 5 RANDOM DC SIGNED BOOKS AT NO ADDITIONAL COST!

http://www.dynamicforces.com/images/JLAAvengersCollectorsEdCVR.jpg

MONSTER
08-21-2004, 09:40 PM
$250.00! Very cool but $250!?

Tattoo-X
08-21-2004, 09:51 PM
Send me your regular copies, I can have Kurt sign them anytime. I think he's going to be at the Portland show on Oct 10th. It sure beats $250.

Is this one of those Dynamic Forces over priced things?

Superhero
08-23-2004, 01:41 AM
This may be a silly question, but I assume it is George Perez doing the sketching? $250.00 seems high. There is a unremarked version that is identicle for $75.00. I believe but I am not sure that it is also signed.

MoonKnight1
08-24-2004, 12:07 PM
How do you start a new thread as opposed to just replying to an exisiting one?

marvelboi77
08-24-2004, 11:14 PM
Avengers JLA was not very good. The art was good but the story does not hold up to today standards. 1980 yes but not today. My examples being Northstar hitting on Colossus in Ultimate X-Men. Daredevils girlfriend thinking she has HIV. Black Cat getting raped. The story would have been good for kids but kids don't collect comics anymore.

MONSTER
08-24-2004, 11:24 PM
Avengers JLA was not very good. The art was good but the story does not hold up to today standards. 1980 yes but not today. My examples being Northstar hitting on Colossus in Ultimate X-Men. Daredevils girlfriend thinking she has HIV. Black Cat getting raped. The story would have been good for kids but kids don't collect comics anymore.

In what comic did the Black Cat get raped? :eek:

Tetragrammaton
06-04-2005, 08:00 PM
For what this title represents, it was easily my favorite comic of all-time (not to say it could not have been better).

Daredevil
06-04-2005, 08:05 PM
In what comic did the Black Cat get raped? :eek:

He's exaggerating the storylines of today compared to the meeker ones of the past. nothing like that happened.

Tetragrammaton
06-05-2005, 03:39 AM
How do you start a new thread as opposed to just replying to an exisiting one?

Hey Moonknight1,

Just make sure your in the forumdisplay screen (just after you click into a forum) there is a New Thread button top left handside.

Enjoy your stay. Friendly mbrs all around.

Bullseye
06-05-2005, 06:19 AM
How about some pics?

Tetragrammaton
06-05-2005, 04:22 PM
If you meant from the mini-series, here you go. All this in just issue no. 1!

I never got the hard cover. If you never read I strongly recommend. Not the greatest story ever told, just wonderful to finally see the Earth`s Mightiest and the World`s Greatest get together.

Waited a long time for this one.

MisterToyNYC
07-31-2005, 04:03 AM
He's exaggerating the storylines of today compared to the meeker ones of the past. nothing like that happened.

Au contraire, mon frair. Although the actual rape of Black Cat didn't, or hasn't, happen, it appears as if it's about to happen in Kevin Smith's "Spider-Man/Black Cat: Evil That Men Do". I believe it was issue #3 that left off with Black Cat being drugged by the villain, Mr. Brownstone. A drug which has paralyzed her and it looks as if Mr. Brownstone is about has his way with her.

I also just read that Mr. Smith has finally finished that mini-series and we all should see the conclusion of this story some time early next year. God willing :)

Eric

wizard-comics
07-31-2005, 12:09 PM
I also just read that Mr. Smith has finally finished that mini-series and we all should see the conclusion of this story some time early next year. God willing :)

Eric

I won't hold my breath on Kevin Smith...he came on to Marel and DC comics scene and those titles were the Shiz-nit (Daredevil, Green Arrow) but once the delay happened with Spider-man and Blackcat...I think everyone wrote him off...

Did everyone notice how the value and demand of those comics went down after the constant delays?......

wktf
08-01-2005, 10:59 AM
Au contraire, mon frair. Although the actual rape of Black Cat didn't, or hasn't, happen, it appears as if it's about to happen in Kevin Smith's "Spider-Man/Black Cat: Evil That Men Do". I believe it was issue #3 that left off with Black Cat being drugged by the villain, Mr. Brownstone. A drug which has paralyzed her and it looks as if Mr. Brownstone is about has his way with her.

Eric
The drug was heroin. Pretty nasty. Having lived in NYC during the 80s and havnig frequently gone through Washington Square Park, not to mention riding the subways first from Queens and then from Brooklyn into Manhattan, I've seen plenty of people strung out on heroin. It's debilitating. If that's what's in the Black Cat she's in a lot of trouble.

Phil3940
10-17-2005, 12:55 AM
I wonder that do you have more jla/avengers pics or wallpapers ?

rychehitman
10-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Very Nice Image!

Justin
10-17-2005, 11:07 PM
That is a great pic of Supes.. i may pick this series up even tho i'm not a great fan of either team

marvelboi77
10-17-2005, 11:25 PM
In Spiderman Black Cat the evil that men do #3 she's about to get raped. I may have jumped ahead and created my own outcome for my own sanity. Because the book is over 3 f''ing years late. I'm sure Spiderman will save her before she is penatrated, becuase she likes woman.

mwf6171
10-17-2005, 11:41 PM
In Spiderman Black Cat the evil that men do #3 she's about to get raped. I may have jumped ahead and created my own outcome for my own sanity. Because the book is over 3 f''ing years late. I'm sure Spiderman will save her before she is penatrated, becuase she likes woman.

I knew I liked Black Cat for a reason!! :eplus2: :buttrock: :laugh:

Sam Wilson
10-18-2005, 12:33 AM
danny, wasn't there just a Perez signed version of this book for a little less green?