PDA

View Full Version : Odin and other Asgardian associated characters

Dvdmac
12-18-2004, 09:26 PM
It seems like no one has mentioned these guys to much.

I in the middle of reading the new series....like issue 40......and was wondering why these characters have not garnered much interest?

Well know characters if you read Thor....and very interesting features would make great sculpts.

A Shifflet Odin is a must for me.

Bullseye
12-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Could happen. There was a very nice Thor/Loki statue which was up ofr discussion.

Dvdmac
12-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Could happen. There was a very nice Thor/Loki statue which was up ofr discussion.

That was a very nice statue.....what was the final word on why it was pulled......because it was a Diorama?

Bullseye
12-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Don't know. I came across a picture of it on Rocco's website today. But its not clear as to why Bowen won't or can't produce it. Its too good neve to be done.

C. Bormann
12-18-2004, 09:35 PM
It was pulled because Randy said the overall response they received, did not favor a DEFEATED THOR pose.

dr.doom
12-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Randy said Asgardian Gods will be in phase III (if phase III will happen,but we all hope so ;) )

Bullseye
12-18-2004, 09:40 PM
It was pulled because Randy said the overall response they received, did not favor a DEFEATED THOR pose.

Thats crazy. Of all the dioramas I've seen of Spider-man he is getting his ass kicked. This didn't stop them from being made. :banghead:

Sniper
12-18-2004, 09:41 PM
phASE THREE MUST HAPPEN!

deaconbluezzz
12-18-2004, 09:42 PM
Thats crazy. Of all the dioramas I've seen of Spider-man he is getting his ass kicked. This didn't stop them from being made. :banghead:

Well, part of Spider-Man's appeal is that he's the average guy who sometimes does get his A$$ handed to him by the bad guy...not so for the God of Thunder. That being said, I really would like to see a full-size statue of Loki in his classic costume to go with Bowen's Thor masterpiece.

C. Bormann
12-18-2004, 09:45 PM
I thought it was a great sculpture, but the adverage person in America doesn't read every comic book to understand the signifigance of this piece. So it wouldn't be a hugh money maker. Randy also added in his posting, that he hopes that another company produces this statue. It just won't be produced by BD.

Dvdmac
12-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Randy said Asgardian Gods will be in phase III (if phase III will happen,but we all hope so ;) )

Glad to hear that.....there are some great Characters.......above and beyond the normal scope of what he has been doing with the marvel heroes and villians.

Let's him get into Mythology and such.....like the Midgard Serpant...trolls, and the fronst Giants, Hella, Surtur....etc

Sniper
12-18-2004, 10:09 PM
NO one wants a defeated thor, I wanted it , it looked awesome! THe surfer and thor is hot looking also

deaconbluezzz
12-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Sniper, who would you like to see Thor paired off with in battle? Hulk vs. Thing is a given, but who would look great battling Thor? The Surfer?

wktf
12-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Clay Moore has the ultimate Thor v. Surfer statue. Pics are on this site. Thor v. Hulk would be a given, too!

And a full size Odin is a MUST HAVE!

Sniper
12-18-2004, 11:50 PM
they both would be good, but the one with the surfer adn thor looked awesome!

deaconbluezzz
12-18-2004, 11:51 PM
Call me crazy, but I've always wanted to see Thor facing off against the Destroyer in statue form.

http://www.comics.org/graphics/covers/896/200/896_2_118.jpg

EXITAR007
12-18-2004, 11:52 PM
I would love to have odin,sif,warriors three,hela,ulik,destroyer,kurse,ymir,surtur,enchantress,heimdall,executioner,balder,karnilla
and all the heralds of galactus.

wktf
12-19-2004, 12:05 AM
How about this one?

deaconbluezzz
12-19-2004, 12:12 AM
That's another classic cover wktf! I just have a special place in my heart for the Destroyer ever since seeing him put the smackdown on Thor wayyyyyyy back in an episode of the old Marvel Super Hero cartoons from the 60's. He's one of the very few foes that Thor can't beat by physical means.

OneOne78
12-19-2004, 12:18 AM
I'm in for Odin & Asguardians mini bust :thumbs2: As far as statues go :confused:

Sniper
12-19-2004, 12:23 AM
like the hulk idea

carrillj
12-19-2004, 12:25 AM
Can someone please post pics of these characters?

carrillj
12-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Can someone please post pics of these characters?

...from the new series, not the classic characters.

I'm just wondering what is generating the little hype from a new comic series, such as the Loki/Thor comic.

Is it the story? Is it the art? Or is it the sculpture that we have recently seen on this forum?

:confused:

Wayne Industries
12-19-2004, 01:05 AM
Odin and Loki would be cool standing next to the FS thor....

Mosby
12-19-2004, 01:22 AM
Balder, Enchantress, Odin and many more -- yeah, I would love to get a lot of the gods. I WOULD prefer them in mini-bust format, though, because paying the f/s price would be a tough sell. But overall, verily I say thee: AYE!

Perna
12-19-2004, 01:40 AM
I'd love Hela, Odin, Kurse, Ulik, Enchantress, and the Warriors Three to be made into mini busts.

Grumpy
12-19-2004, 02:59 AM
Not only would I love to see an Asgaardian "theme" which would include more busts and statues of Thor, Loki and many of the others mentioned here, but I am surprised that there are more Namor/Submariner "theme" busts.

Can anyone explain to me why the Inhumans got so much attention?

Dvdmac
12-19-2004, 09:40 AM
Not only would I love to see an Asgaardian "theme" which would include more busts and statues of Thor, Loki and many of the others mentioned here, but I am surprised that there are more Namor/Submariner "theme" busts.

Can anyone explain to me why the Inhumans got so much attention?

Grumpy, I am with you there. I can't believe the inhumans received so much attention. Other than Black Bolt, crystal, lockjaw....I really dont' think that they are that great at all.

Good books to read....but they just don't have the appeal of the supporting cast of Thor.....Maybe it has to do with the Mythology aspect of it.

to me my board!
12-19-2004, 11:03 AM
The Rainbow Bridge somehow incorporated into a base for a full size Odin would be soooo cool!!!

A Surtur full size statue would be also amazing - although maybe too obscure for some people.

Other than them I would like to see all the other Norse Gods be busted - Enchantress, Balder, Ulik etc...

These are all well overdue - Grumpy has a point with the Inhumans getting done before the Asguardians. As much as I love the Inhumans, only Thor and Loki have been given the Bowen treatment so far...

The Watcher
12-19-2004, 11:19 AM
Whoever's doing the Scarlet Witch for Bowen is the one I would want to do Hela.

deaconbluezzz
12-19-2004, 11:28 AM
As incredible as a Hela sculpt would look, I'd really love to see the Enchantress produced. She's just...well she's...I mean...she's just so HOT!!

The Watcher
12-19-2004, 11:33 AM
As incredible as a Hela sculpt would look, I'd really love to see the Enchantress produced. She's just...well she's...I mean...she's just so HOT!!

Sure, the Enchantress is charming but Hela (death) is just so...intoxicating.

EXITAR007
12-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Sure, the Enchantress is charming but Hela (death) is just so...intoxicating.
and hela is loki`s daughter and thor`s niece.

deaconbluezzz
12-19-2004, 11:44 AM
Just like many folks are not big Inhumans fans, I was never a huge Asgardian fan. I wouldn't buy the Warriors Three, Balder, Sif or Heimdall. However I wouldn't mind seeing Odin, the Enchantress, and the Executioner.

The Watcher
12-19-2004, 11:47 AM
I would imagine there aren't very many branches in the family tree when you're talking about gods and such.

deaconbluezzz
12-19-2004, 11:49 AM
LOL...Yep, where God's are involved you usually end up with a family tree that looks like a stump ;)

EXITAR007
12-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Just like many folks are not big Inhumans fans, I was never a huge Asgardian fan. I wouldn't buy the Warriors Three, Balder, Sif or Heimdall. However I wouldn't mind seeing Odin, the Enchantress, and the Executioner.
I`m not a big inhumans fan but I love how they look as a group next to the ff.if I wasn`t a completist I would have gotten them anyway.now as for the asgardians I go on the record right now that i`ll buy every last one if made and again it has nothing to do with me being a completist there just awesome characters who are long overdue the bust and statue treatment.

FOR HONOR FOR GLORY FOR ASGARD

Dvdmac
12-19-2004, 12:21 PM
I`m not a big inhumans fan but I love how they look as a group next to the ff.if I wasn`t a completist I would have gotten them anyway.now as for the asgardians I go on the record right now that i`ll buy every last one if made and again it has nothing to do with me being a completist there just awesome characters who are long overdue the bust and statue treatment.

FOR HONOR FOR GLORY FOR ASGARD

I think that Heimdell would like just Raw standing on the Rainbow Bridge guarding Asgard...

The possiblities are endless with the Asgardians and could very well be the rock Phase three is based on.....not to mention all the villians that are missing

Makkari1
01-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Call me crazy, but I've always wanted to see Thor facing off against the Destroyer in statue form.

http://www.comics.org/graphics/covers/896/200/896_2_118.jpg

This is almost a reality.:thumbs2:

Makkari1
01-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Its amazing that nearly 4 years ago we were talking about doing the Asgardians and now we have some of them at least. Thor, Odin, FS and Thor, Beta Ray Bill, and the Destroyer mb. Still a 20" Mangog. :thumbs2:

to me my board!
01-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Enchantress is a must - Hela and Maleketh I would love to see as well.

ant-man
01-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Enchantrees without a doubt....

daveyyojimbo
01-24-2008, 10:51 PM
I think a FS Hela would be spectacular. One of the best costumes in the marvel universe IMHO.

Tetragrammaton
01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Shouldn't they be called Oklahomians from now on?

Makkari1
02-08-2008, 02:00 PM
MANGOG nuff said.

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii117/makkari1/Mangog.jpg