PDA

View Full Version : What do collectors think about ATTAKUS

Darth Mystery
01-01-2007, 08:11 AM
This thread is for the people who bring us so much pleasure in collecting.

Today i read a thread from Xbri, he had some problems with a diadorama which had some damage, please read the whole story yourself. ATTAKUS brought him the best possible service. This is what brings me to this thread.

I think it's time for us collectors to tell ATTAKUS what we think of them, their idea's, their products and their service.

Of coarse you can tell them which products you want to see in the future, but there are enough threads about this so please minimze this as much as possible. :thumbs2:

Juggernaut
01-01-2007, 11:18 AM
I would like better prices on there product's.

SS comicquettes are about the same scale as Attakus SW statues and there prices are much better.

In general France is too expensive with alot of things's why is that?

optimus
01-01-2007, 12:36 PM
I love Attakus.
This far I only collect Attakus and Sideshow.
Just wish Attakus would put out more Marvel statues!

ump
01-01-2007, 01:38 PM
I Love Attakus!!:thumbs2:
They made the best SW statue in the market:buttrock:
I hope Attakus will make more Sith characters

riderV3
01-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Attakus is an awesome company for sure, they deliver some of the most unique statues in the market that would add flavor to any collections. I'm proud to own some of their stuff and will buy more if they're available.:thumbs2:

JadeGiant
01-01-2007, 04:48 PM
I only have the Hulk FS but I love it. I think there pricepoints are a bit high

Alex655321
01-01-2007, 04:53 PM
I have the Elektra and Human Torch.
I like them, but they are packed away in my closet now.

MONSTER
01-01-2007, 04:56 PM
I was tempted to collect the Star Wars line but got cold feet. Nice stuff but I'll stick with Sideshow, Bowen and Gentle Giant.

BigLeagueChu
01-01-2007, 05:51 PM
They should have a booth at SDCC, one that's just as impressive as Sideshow's.

ta2215
01-01-2007, 09:41 PM
I love Attakus!

They are not really that quick answering PMs or emails but if you go to their forums and post the message they surely answer your q's.

I collect mostly bad guys and I was a fervent fan of Gentle Giant on that area (busts, dios, maquettes, statues) but when space and money started to be scarce my decision was easy, I dropped the GG busts and statues and focus my Star Wars collection using Attakus as my main source.
I still collect the Clone Wars maquettes and the Dios and I even kept a few GG busts (Vader 1, Boba, Stormies, Sidious, Dooku) because they are so awesome but the majority of my bucks are going now to Attakus and Sideshow.

ump
01-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Yes,thats Great to see Attakus in SDCC!!:thumbs2:

Hellboy
01-02-2007, 05:23 AM
Attakus is a great company. My experiences with their customer service has been nothing short of amazing. I'd even go as far as saying its the best I've received from any statue company out there.

As far as their product goes they produce what I feel are the best Star Wars statues on the market today. Even tough I love (and collect) Sideshow's PF line there is something about a fully sculpted piece that wins me over every time. Plus Attakus' paint apps. are simply the best I've ever seen. Add to that the variety of characters they choose to produce and you have my main reasons I consider this my favorite line of statues I collect. Unfortunately its the only line of theirs that I can afford to collect but I currently own 23 SW statues and don't plan on stopping any time soon. Hopefully we get some news on Series 5 soon. :)

I do wish their products were a bit cheaper but that doesn't keep me from collecting them. It does however force me to buy my statues on the secondary market below MSRP. If I had to pay full price I wouldn't be able to maintain much of a collection so I'm patient and wait for what I feel are good deals. I'm always impressed and feel like I get my moneys worth when my statue does finally arrive.

El Diablo
01-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Attakus definately :buttrock: :buttrock:
Customer service is second to none, they sent me a chain for my jabba and pipe for the salacious and hooka pipe as the ones I purchased were missing these items (even more impressive as I bought these statues second hand!!). And even though I offered to pay for them, they were sent free of charge! I know of NO other company that would have done that!.
Also I love the fact that when you see their prototype pics you know that when you purchase the statue, paint wise, it will look just as good.

Collection King 13
01-02-2007, 10:50 AM
I have a few Attakus pieces and I must say that they are a great addition to any collection...

The General
01-02-2007, 11:28 AM
Great statues. Too expensive.

cap70
01-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Yup, have to agree with HB and ED. Attakus makes the best Star Wars statues out there. As much as I love my SS Star Wars pieces, Attakus takes the cake in this one with the "non-human" pieces. Maybe is the big variety of characters, the details, the amazing QC control, the FLAWLESS paint jobs. But the true is, their Star Wars statues are something beautifull and very artful. I NEVER saw anything Star Wars related that looked as impressive as the Attakus Jabba Scene, and I collect from many brands.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/cap70/jabbascene.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k40/cap70/jabbascene2.jpg

Gir
01-02-2007, 05:06 PM
+ quality pieces, nice craftsmanship
+ lots of large pieces
- expensive
- face sculpts are often mediocre or poor

I've heard an explanation for the face sculpts, but it's still a problem regardless of the reason.

andyhb
01-05-2007, 05:51 AM
I am a proud owner of 15 Attakus-Statues.
The best statues by far, i love them.

MK Ultra
01-05-2007, 07:23 AM
Pieces of art, museum calibre stuff. One of the things that impresses me the most about these pieces, is the way Attakus achieves that presence their statues have, awesome sculpting technique!! Beautiful to look at.
Terrific photos. Cap! I see you've added the Gammorrean Guard and Bib Fortuna, looks great congrats!

cap70
01-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Terrific photos. Cap! I see you've added the Gammorrean Guard and Bib Fortuna, looks great congrats!

Thanks MK! My wife bought BOTH for me for Christmas! Is she nice or what? :thumbs2: Gotta love my woman! :buttrock:

larbob
01-05-2007, 01:14 PM
I don't post a lot here but have quite a few SW Attakus statues, 20+ w/Sandtrooper to come. Before I started collecting Attakus I was busy purchasing all the Sideshow/Weta LOTR products which I felt were one of the best....but not compared to Attakus.

As several have stated the Attakus sculpting and paint quality are top notch and what you see in PICs ...the real thing is equal or better. Some of the human faces are not very good such as Obi, Luke X-Wing. But the 1500 edition size is something you can usually count on..no big production runs like I experienced in the last few years with Sideshow.

Diego from Attakus is very responsive and has helped me on couple issues I had with drooopy DV2 lightsaber blades, etc..

larry

Sniper
01-05-2007, 01:23 PM
I love the 5 pieces I own, wish I could get them in the US

Gianco
01-05-2007, 02:45 PM
The best Star Wars sculptures of non-human characters. Excellent customer service, the best! Saludos al colega Diego!

Cap, that's what I call a Jabba scene! Felicitações irmão!

cap70
01-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Thanks Gianguitto! :thumbs2:

CocoPUFF
01-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Any that doesn't have a human face sculpt has been pretty good IMO.

patrickwm68
01-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy Overpriced. That's why I don't own any.

Darth Mystery
01-05-2007, 06:33 PM
Thanks so far, :thumbs2: but keep them coming. There are so many collectors so not everybody gave their opinion yet. :stick:

Hellboy
01-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Love the Jabba setup cap. I can't believe you got all of them to fit into that case, great job. :thumbs2:

cap70
01-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Love the Jabba setup cap. I can't believe you got all of them to fit into that case, great job. :thumbs2:

LOL HB, neither did I!! :laugh:
Was not easy, though, principally putting the cover without hitting any piece, but I'm happy that I could. :)

thanks!

Ghost
01-05-2007, 11:00 PM
I only have one, but I absolutely love my Astroboy. Other stuff aside I think alot of their animated stuff is pretty good. Humanistic character's facially while not so great still are nice. Some paint jobs just aren't on part with other companies especially for the price. But alot of the stuff they put out is top notch.

cap70
01-05-2007, 11:08 PM
Some paint jobs just aren't on part with other companies especially for the price. But alot of the stuff they put out is top notch.

Maybe you got a lemon? :)
Really, I have/had dozens of Attakus pieces and never got a bad painted one. Price for price, the best paint jobs in busines for sure. Generally what you see in the pictures is what you get in the end, unlike other companies. You don't see any paint flaws, nada.

Darth_Ryan
01-05-2007, 11:13 PM
Yes they have the best non human character statues..best vader,jabba,clones,troopers and aliens!!! They also have some good Marvel stuff like Hulk,Daredevil,Elektra,Spidey (some, not all)

ump
01-06-2007, 01:30 AM
Maybe you got a lemon? :)
Really, I have/had dozens of Attakus pieces and never got a bad painted one. Price for price, the best paint jobs in busines for sure. Generally what you see in the pictures is what you get in the end, unlike other companies. You don't see any paint flaws, nada.

Yes,agree!Attakus make the best paint jobs in business for you!!:thumbs2:

larbob
01-06-2007, 10:21 AM
CAP, what are the dimensions of your Jabba display?

larry

Darth Bob
01-06-2007, 03:14 PM
I just love Attakus!

I agree with Cap concerning their paintjobs. Those are just museum worthy.

The first statue I ever picked up was the Attakus Darth Maul back in 2002 and it still is my favourite statue, by far. I still remember being completely blown away by the quality of both the sculpt and the paintjob.

Being a fan of classic neutral poses for statues and not so much a fan of mixed media (though I also love my Vader/Obi-Wan combo by SS), Attakus statues are simply as good as it gets imo. :)

Synergy
01-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Attakus do have the best SW statues out on the market especially the non human characters and the variety of characters are the best on the market.

I would agree with all that have made mention that these pieces are very costly.

The paintjob on these are second to none..........

Skulpturen
01-22-2007, 08:38 AM
They should be less expensive... :(

Buzzie
01-22-2007, 05:23 PM
Jango, Vader (1+2), Royal Guard and Stormie etc. are must
haves for any serious SW collector.

All I need now is a Commander Cody statue... :buttrock:

Since I saw the PF Vader compared to the ATk one.... :stick:
ATk all the way...

John828
05-06-2008, 07:06 AM
I absolutely love Attakus statues. Their non-human SW line are the only statues I currently collect.

My first statue was DV1 when it was initially released and was instantly hooked. Now I have 8 more (Emperor, Royal Guard, Stormie, Boba, Tusken, Jawa, Darth Maul and TIE Pilot) am looking to add another 7 to my collection (Jabba, Salacious & Pipe, Bib, Gamorrean, Jango, Grievous and Clone Trooper).

Their paintjobs and sculpting are just awesome! Yes the prices are a bit high, but I feel that it's completely worth it. I have no desire to get any of the human statues as I don't really think the likeness is there...I hope they do Dooku and Tarkin well.

Ink
05-06-2008, 07:37 AM
too expensive

patman
05-06-2008, 07:45 AM
attakus should get some new marvel stuff out. their paint jobs are simply great (with the exception of the Spidey on a tower statue, which looks plastic-y).

they are expensive but that's probaby because they base their prices in Euros. are their statues made in China?

Josh2K4
05-07-2008, 04:53 AM
I dont agree on the too pricey comments. Surely they costs a lot of money but they are definatly worth it. Size, paint job, sculpt, edition size... all are perfect...

:)thats why I own all :)

:buttrock:

John828
05-07-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't own nearly as many statues as Josh. I agree 100% with him...they are definitely worth every penny! I'll keep buying them. Still planning on getting some of those statues that have already been released and absolutlely can't wait for Series 5!!!