PDA

View Full Version : Pride: Hunt vs Fedor

bat_collector
01-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Now that's a fight! Anybody see it? What did you think.

Fedor proves again why he's the champ. And further shows why the UFC HW division before cro cop sucked

Sam Wilson
01-02-2007, 10:09 PM
it was a small miracle that Hunt escaped that first armbar of Fedor's, I was in shock, I was certain the fight was over. Fedor didn't trade with him much, but that's okay, Hunt has an Iron head, and it was also clear Fedor was having problems in the clench taking Hunt down, but Hunt does weight 60lbs more and has a much lower center of gravity.

All in all though Fedor proved why he is the champ, and at the same time Hunt showed that he deserved his title shot.

MONSTER
01-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Both of these guys will be fighting in the UFC by the end of this year. I'm looking forward to seeing Fedor vs Crocop 2. Love him or hate him, Dana White is going to make it happen.

The General
01-02-2007, 11:39 PM
Both of these guys will be fighting in the UFC by the end of this year. I'm looking forward to seeing Fedor vs Crocop 2. Love him or hate him, Dana White is going to make it happen.

You want to make money and get famous you have to go to the UFC. Cro Cop is known to MMA fans all over the world but before 07 is over everyone will know who Cro Cop is.

Ish
01-02-2007, 11:41 PM
You want to make money and get famous you have to go to the UFC. Cro Cop is known to MMA fans all over the world but before 07 is over everyone will know who Cro Cop is.

actually you make more money in japan, thats why all the talent is there.

Car50n
01-03-2007, 12:07 AM
the money and worldwide acknowledgment is in Pride. I dont want to turn this into a USA vs the rest of world, but i grew up in a fight appreciating latin family, first boxing, then japanese pro wrestling, gradually MMA. I respect the fact that the Gracies(not just Zafa) used UFC as a vehicle in the states. but i didn't like the way they looked down on other promotions.

getting back the Hunt/Fedor. i was amazed at Hunt's escape, not to mention Fedor's rubber arm. it was a very good fight. either of those guys would annihilate the current UFC HWts.

Ish
01-03-2007, 12:47 AM
it was a small miracle that Hunt escaped that first armbar of Fedor's, I was in shock, I was certain the fight was over. Fedor didn't trade with him much, but that's okay, Hunt has an Iron head, and it was also clear Fedor was having problems in the clench taking Hunt down, but Hunt does weight 60lbs more and has a much lower center of gravity.

All in all though Fedor proved why he is the champ, and at the same time Hunt showed that he deserved his title shot.

i didn't see no miracle, that's the sloppiest arm-bar fedor has done yet, i don't think he was his usual self, he was a bit passive, the striking was hunts, better combination, he did a good job at keeping sidemount and had a good kimura attempt but it was loose, fedor just wiggled his hips out of harms way, it was great at the and fedor was like, "this is how it's done", and out of a half guard lol.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_PpI9QwMy6A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_PpI9QwMy6A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

bat_collector
01-03-2007, 12:59 AM
fedor at the end just said, "i'm gonna end this fight" and did what ever he wanted to hunt. Great fight.

bat_collector
01-03-2007, 01:00 AM

Everyone in the states, but I understand that pride pays (paid) more too. Hopefully dana white will actually pay these guys.

The General
01-03-2007, 10:09 AM
actually you make more money in japan, thats why all the talent is there.

So why would Cro Cop & Rampage come for? I just figured it was the other way around if flip'n Cro Cop came here. There has to be some reason he came.

MONSTER
01-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Pride has been having major issues over the last year. They lost their TV deal and things have been going downhill from there.

Cro Cop went to the UFC because they offered him more money. Fedor is going to fight for Bodog in Fed. Things are not looking good for Pride right now. Its a shame because competition is good.

The General
01-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Pride has been having major issues over the last year. They lost their TV deal and things have been going downhill from there.

Cro Cop went to the UFC because they offered him more money. Fedor is going to fight for Bodog in Fed. Things are not looking good for Pride right now. Its a shame because competition is good.

What's Bodog? Never heard of it? I've been out of the loop ever since my hot box went down. That hot box was up and running for 10+ years before it went down.:bawling: And it really didn't go down, it just stopped getting the PPV channel once cable went digital. RIP hot box.:thumbsdow

MONSTER
01-03-2007, 12:03 PM
http://www.bodogfight.com/

Started by bodog, the online gambling site.

The General
01-03-2007, 12:14 PM

I didn’t know they started a MMA league. That guy that looks like Big Poppa Pump on Bodog’s home page looks badass, I wonder if he’s any good? Fedor won’t fight there too long. I can’t wait until all the big dogs come to UFC.

Leon
01-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Hunt vs Fedor was a good fight. Hunt is getting better on the ground, but he's still no match for Fedor.

bat_collector
01-03-2007, 12:31 PM
I've just read where the athletes were better treated in japan, and were known not because of a reality tv show but because of their actual ability.

Car50n
01-03-2007, 12:40 PM

normal ring..YAY..dana white needs to realize that the cage is ridiculous.

Pride lost it's TV deal due to some shady businessmen(yakuza) asking for certain results, and pushing specific fighters. a lot of fighters were getting screwed out of money. and contracts were getting undercut. some of the bigger names in Pride were making 6 figures, some made 7 figures with endorsements.
Bob Sapp made millions as a spectacle, as opposed to a good fighter. when yakuza tried to get in on Sapp's money, he split to K1. Mirko did the same thing for a 3 fight deal, then back to Pride for a huge pay raise.
All the big names leave Pride for about 3 fights or 1 year. until they get offers they can't refuse. it's smart business practice. pride is the place that fills up 55,000 seat stadiums regularly(tokyo dome.) with their record being 91,107 people at the PRIDE and K-1 co-production, Shockwave/Dynamite. UFC couldn't break 15,000 with Tito vs Chuck 2.

Sam Wilson
01-03-2007, 01:07 PM
i didn't see no miracle, that's the sloppiest arm-bar fedor has done yet, i don't think he was his usual self, he was a bit passive, the striking was hunts, better combination, he did a good job at keeping sidemount and had a good kimura attempt but it was loose, fedor just wiggled his hips out of harms way, it was great at the and fedor was like, "this is how it's done", and out of a half guard lol.

I agree, the application was sloppy, but for a second there Fedor looked like he had it sunk in pretty tight, it was from the same angle he submitted Mark Coleman in the 2004 HWGP...

The General
01-03-2007, 01:10 PM
normal ring..YAY..dana white needs to realize that the cage is ridiculous.

Pride lost it's TV deal due to some shady businessmen(yakuza) asking for certain results, and pushing specific fighters. a lot of fighters were getting screwed out of money. and contracts were getting undercut. some of the bigger names in Pride were making 6 figures, some made 7 figures with endorsements.
Bob Sapp made millions as a spectacle, as opposed to a good fighter. when yakuza tried to get in on Sapp's money, he split to K1. Mirko did the same thing for a 3 fight deal, then back to Pride for a huge pay raise.
All the big names leave Pride for about 3 fights or 1 year. until they get offers they can't refuse. it's smart business practice. pride is the place that fills up 55,000 seat stadiums regularly(tokyo dome.) with their record being 91,107 people at the PRIDE and K-1 co-production, Shockwave/Dynamite. UFC couldn't break 15,000 with Tito vs Chuck 2.

I never liked the cage either.

Sam Wilson
01-03-2007, 01:19 PM
I never liked the cage either.

the cage is what makes the critics think MMA is a bloodsport. It is ridiculous and an antiquitated marketing tool, MMA is serious and its fans are serious so put the damn sport in a goddamn ring. I'm just sayin...

ftrez
01-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah but with the octagon (not cage) you don't have to reposition the fighters in the center of the ring when the get too close to the ropes. And there's no threat of falling out of the ring either.

Actually, I don't care either way, ring vs. cage, I just want to see good fights. Where do you guys see the Pride matches? Are they all the ppv's? I occassionally find some cable channel with some loud mouth and Frank Trigg as the host which shows some fights.

Ish
01-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Yeah but with the octagon (not cage) you don't have to reposition the fighters in the center of the ring when the get too close to the ropes. And there's no threat of falling out of the ring either.

Actually, I don't care either way, ring vs. cage, I just want to see good fights. Where do you guys see the Pride matches? Are they all the ppv's? I occassionally find some cable channel with some loud mouth and Frank Trigg as the host which shows some fights.

yes they're on ppv.

Car50n
01-03-2007, 06:44 PM

i like the repositioning. unlike the cage, the person on the bottom doesn't have a HUGE disadvangtage, some guys are very comfortable on the ground, but in the cage, that skill is hampered. soon as their shoulders and neck are against it, the mounted fighter just has to pull a 'guy metzger' and machine gun punch until Mccarthy calls it. nothing but a series of taps, they cant break a wet paper bag, but u can't really punch back.

you can Youtube a lot of fights, plus other online video sites, like DailyMotion.com