PDA

View Full Version : Characters Within Past 15YRS Need Busted

Tattoo-X
01-03-2007, 11:10 PM
IMO, we need more characters from the past 15 years busted.
So far we only have Doop.
There are so many great characters to draw from.
M2
Thunderbolts
Generation X
X Static

You know, characters like:
Sentry
Tarantula
Spider-Girl
Wildthing
X-23
Onslaught
Bloodhawk
Toxin

Jesse321
01-03-2007, 11:24 PM
Characters like this will spell the end of my collecting days.

bat_collector
01-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Winter soldier
Young avengers
exodus
maggot
marrow
any of the mlf
toxin
x-23 sentry

bring em all on!

deaconbluezzz
Please know that I mean absolutely zero offense by this statement, nor should you take any as you didn't create any of the characters you listed. However, the simple fact of the matter is, the vast majority of the characters created over the past 15 years....

ummm...

well....

...blow.

Why do you think Marvel still makes all their money with characters they created over 40 years ago?

mwf6171
Original Human Torch
Spitfire
Pyro
Toro
Destroyer from Invaders
Whizzer - for Jesse

Jesse321
01-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Original Human Torch
Spitfire
Pyro
Toro
Destroyer from Invaders
Whizzer - for Jesse
Now THERE is a list! :buttrock:

HoldyourfireAl
01-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Hmmm...my initial reaction was like Deacon's, but there are some I like!

Thunderbolts
Young Avengers
Winter Soldier (would prefer a FS!)

I don't know...who else is cool?

HoldyourfireAl
01-03-2007, 11:36 PM
I LOVE the Invaders, but give up after Frank Robbins left. Alan Kupperburg was not for me!

tedmic
01-03-2007, 11:41 PM
I don't think there has been a character I like among superheroes after Wolverine. For me, anyone else after 1980, I could care less.

Underdog07
01-03-2007, 11:43 PM
Industry wide there has been a dearth of characters created in the last few decades that I would want to see immortalized in resin. Off the top of my head, I would think the following may be worthy:

Winter Soldier (very recent but so far a well done character)
Maestro
X-23 (not a fan but a very popular character)

Mind you I buy and read many of the new books that come out, its just the characters don't have that lasting effect or overall fan appeal to justify being sculpted.

deaconbluezzz
I'll conceed, there has been a pearl tossed in among the swine of the past couple decades here and there...but I swear, if Randy were to ever sculpt crap like Marrow, Maggot or Toxin, I'd have to travel to the West Coast and smack him in the nuts with a baseball bat.

HoldyourfireAl
We really need a thread to see which comics Bowen fans have on their reserve lists at their LCS. That would be interesting!

HoldyourfireAl
01-03-2007, 11:44 PM
I'll conceed, there has been a pearl tossed in among the swine of the past couple decades here and there...but I swear, if Randy were to ever sculpt crap like Marrow, Maggot or Toxin, I'd have to travel to the West Coast and smack him in the nuts with a baseball bat.

Ha!!!!:)

mwf6171
01-04-2007, 12:16 AM
Now THERE is a list! :buttrock:

Word!!!

You know, the Young Avengers would be cool as well as a Winter Soldier...........JMO..........

boobhound
01-04-2007, 12:18 AM
M2
Thunderbolts
Generation X
X Static

Sentry
Tarantula
Spider-Girl
Wildthing
X-23
Onslaught
Bloodhawk
Toxin
Um...........................................no. With maybe, just maybe Toxin. Maybe.

Jesse321
01-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Word!!!

You know, the Young Avengers would be cool as well as a Winter Soldier...........JMO..........
I wouldn't mind the Young Avengers .. I like that book .. might take a crack at them myself. :D

jimi311
01-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Just one for me. Jim Lee Cyclops.

SD RUM
01-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Maybe a few members from the Thunderbolts because most of them are reformed villains. I like Radioactive Man and Baron Zemo. I think some Young Avengers might be cool like the Patriot and Hawkeye.

HoldyourfireAl
01-04-2007, 12:59 AM
How 'bout "teen Tony" from Iron Man? ;-p

HoldyourfireAl
01-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Isn't X-23 Machine Man??? Oh, no....he's X-51 & demanding of a FS!

Primal
01-04-2007, 01:01 AM

Then I cant wait til more AOA characters come out. :eplus2:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7480/aoaapocalypse55oh.jpg http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/1195/aoadarkbeast52oc.jpg http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/8375/aoaholocaust29sc.jpg

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=24479

Underdog07
01-04-2007, 01:02 AM
A lot of people are listing characters (or versions of a character) that have appeared in the last few decades. I don't really consider them created over the last few years anymore then I consider a new costume Spidey to be a recent creation (well maybe 2099). I don't want to hijack this thread, but let me ask which of these newer characters do you think has some lasting power?

Tetragrammaton
01-04-2007, 01:02 AM
How 'bout "teen Tony" from Iron Man? ;-p

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now there are some new characters I'd like to see busted or in full-size.

The Exiles are an interesting team in terms of story and look. A classic Mimic would be even better though.
X-23 in FS might be cool.
A Legacy/ Captain Marvel/Photon would be nice as well.
Arana
A new White Tiger bust, I would buy. A classic White Tiger would be even better though.
Maybe the Young Avengers as well.

Seems like a lot of the better "new" characters are junior versions of existing classic characters. So much for innovation and originality.

Jesse321
01-04-2007, 01:16 AM
It's fine with me .. I would let me channel more money into some more useful enterprises. :tounge:

Tattoo-X
01-04-2007, 01:16 AM
A lot of people are listing characters (or versions of a character) that have appeared in the last few decades. I don't really consider them created over the last few years anymore then I consider a new costume Spidey to be a recent creation (well maybe 2099). I don't want to hijack this thread, but let me ask which of these newer characters do you think has some lasting power?

Spider-Girl has already shown lasting power.
So has Thunderbolts.
M2 characters have returned last year and this year.
X-23 is fighting strong to stay in there.
Isn't Onslaught returning?

deaconbluezzz
01-04-2007, 01:22 AM

Yep, just like Herpes...you can't get rid of that either

Underdog07
01-04-2007, 01:24 AM
Spider-Girl has already shown lasting power ?
X-23 is fighting strong to stay in there.?
Not truly original characters though. Its a good storyline and not run of the mill, but a lot of the popularity can be traced back to Spidey and Wolverine's popularity. Its kind of like the characters had a pre-built in ability to succeed.

So has Thunderbolts.?

Again this is a new group comprised larger of old characters being revamped or revisited. Its an enjoyable concept and comic, but I don't think the individual members (at least the majority of them) were truly created in the recent past.

M2 characters have returned last year and this year. ?

These I don't even know. Is m2 like Marvel 2? The New Juggy etc.?

Egads, yes he has returned. Not in a good way mind you. That original storyline pulled me away from Marvel for years.

Underdog07
01-04-2007, 01:26 AM

Tell you partner even if you are not currently experiencing an out-break. Valtrex, its the other little blue pill.

mwf6171
01-04-2007, 01:40 AM
The Invaders better get done and get done soon!!!

bat_collector
01-04-2007, 01:50 AM
Why do you think Marvel still makes all their money with characters they created over 40 years ago?
Because comic fans are notorious for being high on nostaligia and low on accepting new concepts and ideas.

Alex655321
01-04-2007, 02:03 AM

The Invaders work for me.
Original Human Torch, Wizzer, and Union Jack:buttrock:

SquiderM3
01-04-2007, 02:11 AM
I want the Dazzler, roller skates and all. Why not, everyone else is asking for characters that'll never work.

Underdog07
01-04-2007, 02:11 AM
Because comic fans are notorious for being high on nostaligia and low on accepting new concepts and ideas.

Vertigo and the Ultimate line were pretty well received by the masses.

What I think people don't take the chance on our the throw away characters that are just put out to have a #1 issue. That was insane in the 90s (Darkhwak, Sleepwalker, Ragman, Morbius, Spirits of Vengence, etc). Characters were being created just for the sales of the 1st few issues, then the series would be cancelled after 20 issues tops. (I know those characters are not all 90s created characters). So people started to draw lines taking the stance that until a book has established itself, why invest the time or money into buying it.

HoldyourfireAl
01-04-2007, 03:09 AM
The Invaders work for me.
Original Human Torch, Wizzer, and Union Jack:buttrock:

I would love Union Jack, but I don't like the mb.

HoldyourfireAl
01-04-2007, 03:09 AM
I want the Dazzler, roller skates and all. Why not, everyone else is asking for characters that'll never work.

Umm...why not?

HoldyourfireAl
01-04-2007, 03:11 AM

What I think people don't take the chance on our the throw away characters that are just put out to have a #1 issue. That was insane in the 90s (Darkhwak, Sleepwalker, Ragman, Morbius, Spirits of Vengence, etc). Characters were being created just for the sales of the 1st few issues, then the series would be cancelled after 20 issues tops. (I know those characters are not all 90s created characters). So people started to draw lines taking the stance that until a book has established itself, why invest the time or money into buying it.

I actually liked some of those books, but there was no follow through, so I stopped buying.

rilynil
01-04-2007, 04:44 AM
X-23, Young Avengers, Domino and Spider-Girl are all worthy IMO. I would even buy a couple of Runaways busts, specificallly Nico and Molly, because they're fun, interesting characters.

rilynil
01-04-2007, 04:53 AM
:laugh: You may have hit the nail on the head. :)

Also, I almost forgot to say I would definitely buy New X-Men busts: Mercury, Surge and Rockslide, especially, besides X-23. NXM has been my favorite comic for a good while now. Kyle and Yost are doing an excellent job with these characters.

mwf6171
01-04-2007, 09:15 AM
I would love Union Jack, but I don't like the mb.

:stick: :stick: :stick: :stick:

risingstar
01-04-2007, 09:21 AM

While that is in part true, there's something to be said about Marvel likely not wanting to risk alienating the casual fan who isn't aware of the numerous changes that may occur in any given year with any given character.

It's not just about accomodating the 40 year old fan who misses the days of Kirby. It's also about finding a way to accomodate the fan who doesn't know that things have changed since Kirby too.

I think Marvel is doing its best to please everybody. Unfortunately, its impossible to please everyone equally.

Seamus McClernan
01-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Sentry
Tarantula
Spider-Girl
Wildthing
X-23
Onslaught
Bloodhawk
Toxin

Where are all the "great" characters??

pmpknface
01-04-2007, 10:43 AM
There are plenty of characters that have been created since 1990 that are bust worthy, there just aren't a TON of them.

Also, I think BD's license is for the current universe, so I don't think the M2 or 2099 universes care covered. I could be wrong on this but I don't think so. Too bad too, because I'd love a Spider-Girl. :(

For whatever reason, Randy's said in the past that he's not interested in doing the Thunderbolts. Gggggggggggrrrrrrrrr............... I'm dying for those!

But there are others...

Tattoo-X
01-04-2007, 10:44 AM

Right there!

Tattoo-X
01-04-2007, 10:47 AM
There are plenty of characters that have been created since 1990 that are bust worthy, there just aren't a TON of them.

Also, I think BD's license is for the current universe, so I don't think the M2 or 2099 universes care covered. I could be wrong on this but I don't think so. Too bad too, because I'd love a Spider-Girl. :(

For whatever reason, Randy's said in the past that he's not interested in doing the Thunderbolts. Gggggggggggrrrrrrrrr............... I'm dying for those!

But there are others...

Randy once said his license only excludes the Ultimate characters.

pmpknface
01-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Ok. Thanks for the clarification. I knew there was SOME restriction.

endsongjen
01-04-2007, 01:24 PM
i agree with rilynil, id buy all the ones he listed, even the runaways characters. ofcourse im probably not that big of a "fan" in ya'lls opinions. i just started reading them hahah!

Kirk Durfey
01-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Character wise, I'm not interested in any of them. If the bust looked great, I would possibly buy it anyways...

Jack8022
01-04-2007, 03:34 PM
I'd buy the original Thunderbolts (in their TB costumes, that is) as MB's. I'm not crazy about the 2099 stuff though.

BadLuv
01-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Ok one more time...

New Mutants / X-Force
Cable
Cannonball
Copycat
Shatterstar
Feral
Meltdown / Boom-Boom
Warpath
Siryn
Sunspot
Rictor
Domino
Caliban
Moonstar
Magma
Magik
Warlock
Cypher
Skids

X-Factor
Multiple Man
Strong Guy
Wolfsbane
Forge
Wild Child
Shard
Random
Rictor
Siryn

Excalibur
Captain Britain
Meggan
Phoenix II
Shadowcat
Kylun
Douglock
Pete Wisdom
Black Knight
Captain UK
Crusader X
Nocturne
Sage

Generation X
Banshee
Emma Frost
Skin
Synch
M
Husk
Jubilee
Chamber
Penance
Mondo

Tattoo-X
01-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Most of the new characters are carbon copies of older ones, but so what.
Not truly original characters though. Its a good storyline and not run of the mill, but a lot of the popularity can be traced back to Spidey and Wolverine's popularity. Its kind of like the characters had a pre-built in ability to succeed.

When did I say anything about original characters? Are you saying that characters don't deserve busting if they're not original?
Not counting repaints, we got Scarlet Spider, Carnage, War Machine, Morbius, and Super Skrull for example of not being "original."

Again this is a new group comprised larger of old characters being revamped or revisited. Its an enjoyable concept and comic, but I don't think the individual members (at least the majority of them) were truly created in the recent past.

These I don't even know. Is m2 like Marvel 2? The New Juggy etc.?
Yes.

Egads, yes he has returned. Not in a good way mind you. That original storyline pulled me away from Marvel for years.

tyler
01-04-2007, 08:17 PM
I'd pay top dollar for a Blink bust.

OneOne78
01-04-2007, 09:03 PM
M2
Thunderbolts
Generation X
X Static

Sentry
Tarantula
Spider-Girl
Wildthing
X-23
Onslaught
Bloodhawk
Toxin
I think Tarantula has been around longer than 15 years.

OneOne78
01-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Original Human Torch
Spitfire
Pyro
Toro
Destroyer from Invaders
Whizzer - for JesseNow we're talking!!!!:buttrock:

boobhound
01-04-2007, 09:12 PM
My thoughts also.

MAN-APE/KLAW in 2007

OneOne78
01-04-2007, 09:15 PM
My thoughts also.

MAN-APE/KLAW in 2007Well atleast you know you will be getting Klaw.

marvelboi77
01-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Blink
Spidergirl
Domino

Rome
01-04-2007, 10:28 PM

you said it:buttrock:

boobhound
01-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Well atleast you know you will be getting Klaw.
? What? When? How do you know/say this?

MAN-APE/KLAW in 07

Tattoo-X
01-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post

you said it:buttrock:

Bye guys.
You'll be missed, but easily replaced.
Replaced with younger collectors that don't care for the older characters, and want the characters they grew up with.

Jesse321
01-04-2007, 11:32 PM
Bye guys.
Replaced with younger collectors that don't care for the older characters, and want the characters they grew up with.
Oh yeah .. collectors that can't afford 45 dollar busts and 200 dollar statues .. much less 3 bucks a comic now a days ... way to replace us Tat, that's a SURE FIRE business plan if ever I heard one. :rolleyes:

boobhound
01-04-2007, 11:37 PM
Quote:

Bye guys.
I hate to say it, but you are wrong. Older characters have better orgins and years of stories that still captivate new readers. New characters lack the ''staying power'' of older ones. They are here now, today. But, gone and forgotten tommorow. Just look at Sentry, even his orgins have been written as decades ago.

MAN-APE/KLAW in 07

rilynil
01-04-2007, 11:45 PM
Oh yeah .. collectors that can't afford 45 dollar busts and 200 dollar statues .. much less 3 bucks a comic now a days ... way to replace us Tat, that's a SURE FIRE business plan if ever I heard one. :rolleyes:
But Jesse, young collectors grow up, get better jobs and make more money over time. And many of them make enough money now. I don't know about y'all, I sure couldn't afford squat when I was 18. But that was long ago. Just as it is with music fans, movie fans, art fans, etc., the younger generation replaces the older generation, eventually. Personally, I have a hard time reading comics from the 90s. I just don't care for the art style and they seemed to lack the heart of a decade earlier. HOWEVER, I have seen many folks here on the forum talk fondly of "the comics I grew up with in the 90s" and I don't knock them for it. It's the same way I feel about the 70s and early 80s.

And don't forget that Storm, Colossus, Wolverine and Nightcrawler were new characters once. I don't know for sure, but I guarantee you there was some 40-year-old guy sitting around in 1978 saying "Marvel is putting out crap. Where is Jack Kirby? None of these guys will be remembered by the turn of the century. There's not been a single good character created since Stan quit writing! Rocket Racer, my assss!"

But my main view is this: I'm enjoying a lot of the newer characters, as are many other people. But also consider this: Take away all of Stan Lee's creations or co-creations, and what's left? Not nearly as much.

Stan spoiled us, pure and simple. :)

boobhound
01-04-2007, 11:51 PM
But Jesse, young collectors grow up, get better jobs and make more money over time. And many of them make enough money now. I don't know about y'all, I sure couldn't afford squat when I was 18. But that was long ago. Just as it is with music fans, movie fans, art fans, etc., the younger generation replaces the older generation, eventually. Personally, I have a hard time reading comics from the 90s. I just don't care for the art style and they seemed to lack the heart of a decade earlier. HOWEVER, I have seen many folks here on the forum talk fondly of "the comics I grew up with in the 90s" and I don't knock them for it. It's the same way I feel about the 70s and early 80s.

And don't forget that Storm, Colossus, Wolverine and Nightcrawler were new characters once. I don't know for sure, but I guarantee you there was some 40-year-old guy sitting around in 1978 saying "Marvel is putting out crap. Where is Jack Kirby? None of these guys will be remembered by the turn of the century. There's not been a single good character created since Stan quit writing! Rocket Racer, my assss!"

But my main view is this: I'm enjoying a lot of the newer characters, as are many other people. But also consider this: Take away all of Stan Lee's creations or co-creations, and what's left? Not nearly as much.

Very true and insightful. Ri.:)

MAN-APE/KLAW in 2007

Jesse321
01-05-2007, 12:00 AM

Very true .. but take a good look at the customers in most comic shops today, average age is usually 30 to 35 and up, look at most conventions, the people spending the money are the older ones, again 30 to 35 and up.

While there's no denying that there are younger customers, (1) they're the minority, and (2) 9 times out of 10 they spend the least amount of money on the hobby. Most don't bother buying monthly books, they usually wait for trades and sometimes not even, they just wait for the theatrical versions to be made.

Why do you think that Marvel is pulling out characters and titles like Ms. Marvel, Spiderwoman and Heroes for Hire out of mouth balls, answer, they're trying to recapture the time when comics were actually turning a profit. These days it's advertising and movies that are keeping most of these companies afloat.

And I don't know about anyone else, but in the LCS that I frequent, most of the product that I see hanging on the shelves and ending up deeply discounted later is modern stuff ... granted that most of the stuff just isn't up to the quality that we've come to expect from some companies and I think they would likely sell better if they where better thought out, but that's just speculation on my part.

What I'm trying to say is you can't alienate one group, in favor of another group when you know you have a "captive audience" already .. it's just not smart business. Now, that's not to say that these characters shouldn't be made, but not at the expense of the classic collector, who's been spending money on the hobby for years and years.

rilynil
01-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Very true .. but take a good look at the customers in most comic shops today, average age is usually 30 to 35 and up, look at most conventions, the people spending the money are the older ones, again 30 to 35 and up.

While there's no denying that there are younger customers, (1) they're the minority, and (2) 9 times out of 10 they spend the least amount of money on the hobby. Most don't bother buying monthly books, they usually wait for trades and sometimes not even, they just wait for the theatrical versions to be made.

Why do you think that Marvel is pulling out characters and titles like Ms. Marvel, Spiderwoman and Heroes for Hire out of mouth balls, answer, they're trying to recapture the time when comics were actually turning a profit. These days it's advertising and movies that are keeping most of these companies afloat.
Excellent points, Jesse. Very, very true. There's no doubt the industry has changed in the last 25 years, and will continue to change. There are more than a few things that worry me about the comic book industry's future (but the fate of Social Security worries me more, to tell the truth :laugh:). Regardless, I do believe this: Spider-Man, Hulk, Superman, Batman, etc., will outlive us all.

And I believe there are new characters who will survive, as well.

deaconbluezzz
01-05-2007, 12:11 AM

Marvel's Big Guns are all heading towards middle age, but what's really incredible is that DC's big three...Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman...are all well into their 60's (next year will be Superman's 70th anniversary!!).

Just like in rock music, all the best stuff has already been done, and all the current guys can do is grind out variations of what's been created before by greater talents.

rilynil
01-05-2007, 12:16 AM
And, oh yeah, I almost forgot another thought: MAN-APE 07 BAYYYYYBEEEEEEEEEE!

But an X-23 FS would certainly rock my world even more ;)

bat_collector
01-05-2007, 12:27 AM
People just don't want to take risks anymore. Look at hollywood with all the remakes, reboots, and sequals. They want safe bets. Create something new and chances are people won't care. But slap a known license (transformers, underdog, anything "nostaligic) and you at least got interest no matter how crappy the movie may be. Biggest case for the latest nostaliga craze: Rocky Balboa, Rambo, Die Hard and Indy getting new installments.

Things get even worse with comics. We never want to see Superman, Batman, WW, Spidey, Hulk, Cap change that drastically. If we did Superman would still be blue lightining and Azrael would be Batman. And after the 90's I think comic fans are even LESS receptive about new heroes in the DC/Marvel U. Sure we have great independent series out there with great new characters, but it seems its increasingly harder to be new in the DC/Marvel U. And if you are new, you better be wolverine's female clone (X-23), a resurrected Bucky (winter soldier), a new version of a dead character (blue beetle, batwoman).

boobhound
01-05-2007, 12:30 AM
And, oh yeah, I almost forgot another thought: MAN-APE 07 BAYYYYYBEEEEEEEEEE!

But an X-23 FS would certainly rock my world even more ;)
That's what I'm talking 'bout!
Show th luv!

MAN-APE/KLAW in 2007

Jesse321
01-05-2007, 12:30 AM
BC .. true, but it's funny that DC's top book right now (52) doesn't have the "big 3" in it.

mwf6171
01-05-2007, 12:31 AM

And I don't know about anyone else, but in the LCS that I frequent, most of the product that I see hanging on the shelves and ending up deeply discounted later is modern stuff ... granted that most of the stuff just isn't up to the quality that we've come to expect from some companies and I think they would likely sell better if they where better thought out, but that's just speculation on my part.

What I'm trying to say is you can't alienate one group, in favor of another group when you know you have a "captive audience" already .. it's just not smart business. Now, that's not to say that these characters shouldn't be made, but not at the expense of the classic collector, who's been spending money on the hobby for years and years.

Dude, you saying 30 to 35 is OLD!?!?!?!?!? :bawling:

Jesse321
01-05-2007, 12:40 AM
Dude, you saying 30 to 35 is OLD!?!?!?!?!? :bawling:Mike .. I'm going to be 43 in a couple of months ... if 35 is old DAMN MAN I'm in SERIOUS trouble! :laugh:

Tattoo-X
01-05-2007, 12:44 AM
I hate to say it, but you are wrong. Older characters have better orgins and years of stories that still captivate new readers. New characters lack the ''staying power'' of older ones. They are here now, today. But, gone and forgotten tommorow. Just look at Sentry, even his orgins have been written as decades ago.

MAN-APE/KLAW in 07

I never said older characters don't have better origins.

Tattoo-X
01-05-2007, 12:46 AM

So you're saying that there's no 20-30 year olds collecting, and that todays teens are not going to collect busts/statues in the next few years?:peoples:

boobhound
01-05-2007, 12:47 AM
I never said older characters don't have better origins.
You got me wrong. I mean't over the new characters. And didn't mean to imply you said that they didn't. Sorry. :)

MAN-APE/KLAW in 07

Jesse321
01-05-2007, 12:50 AM
So you're saying that there's no 20-30 year olds collecting, and that todays teens are not going to collect busts/statues in the next few years?:peoples:No, I'm saying that those collectors are in the minority and don't spend NEARLY as much money on the hobby as collectors who have been in it for 20 years or more already.

mwf6171
01-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Mike .. I'm going to be 42 in a couple of months ... if 35 is old DMNA MAN I'm in SERIOUS trouble! :laugh:

:eek:Jess, 42 IS old.................................sorry dude, that sucks.........................:eplus2:

Tattoo-X
01-05-2007, 01:00 AM

That's so true. Because most conventions cost bucks to get in. Nearly everything is high end. Most can't get their parents to take them.

I'd love to see Tarantula (NEW CHARACTER) busted from Heroes for Hire.

I've seen older products discounted too.

I'm 40, but could care less for the original Havok, Destroyer, and many others.
If I don't buy someone will. If you don't buy someone else will.
Many people have moved on. Newbies will most likely be younger, so their interests beyond the "heavy hitters" will be characters they grew up with.
JMO.

Jesse321
01-05-2007, 02:49 AM
I'm 40, but could care less for the original Havok, Destroyer, and many others.

If I don't buy someone will.
Um ... exactly who do you think your kidding here??? ME???

You keep buying everything just to keep your highly coveted "completist status" weither you like them or not, all the while making sure that you still justify the fact that you don't have the CBS by not counting it in YOUR "official tally" so you can still keep your "title".

Exactly which one of us hasn't "moved on" in this scenario? :rolleyes: At the very least, I support my opinions by not buying the characters that I don't want in my display.

bat_collector
01-05-2007, 09:57 AM
BC .. true, but it's funny that DC's top book right now (52) doesn't have the "big 3" in it.

There are of course exceptions and I agree 100% with you. But I find it funny that many of the comic readers on this board bailed on it after one or two issues. 52 is the best series of the year, but ignored on this board.

Jesse321
01-05-2007, 10:30 AM
There are of course exceptions and I agree 100% with you. But I find it funny that many of the comic readers on this board bailed on it after one or two issues. 52 is the best series of the year, but ignored on this board.
As are the majority of DC books regardless of how good they are .. this board is SO slanted towards Marvel it's pathetic.

Bullseye
01-05-2007, 10:34 AM
I think Bowen has to take care of the modern comic reader as well so some modern characters no matter no much we may think are lame are cool to others just as some of the more obscure classic characters are to them.

Bullseye
01-05-2007, 10:35 AM
As are the majority of DC books regardless of how good they are .. this board is SO slanted towards Marvel it's pathetic.

I think much of this is to do with the hobby this board relates. If Bowen were to have a DC licence I think you would see a different attitude in this section at least;)

Jesse321
01-05-2007, 10:37 AM
I think much of this is to do with the hobby this board relates. If Bowen were to have a DC licence I think you would see a different attitude in this section at least;)
OR maybe if DCD actually put out a line of busts that was worth collecting! :banghead:

Tattoo-X
01-05-2007, 10:42 AM
Um ... exactly who do you think your kidding here??? ME???

You keep buying everything just to keep your highly coveted "completist status" weither you like them or not, all the while making sure that you still justify the fact that you don't have the CBS by not counting it in YOUR "official tally" so you can still keep your "title".

Exactly which one of us hasn't "moved on" in this scenario? :rolleyes: At the very least, I support my opinions by not buying the characters that I don't want in my display.

And saying those characters are not worthy of being busted, because you don't want them in your collection.

Jesse321
01-05-2007, 10:45 AM
And saying those characters are not worthy of being busted, because you don't want them in your collection.
I never said "they're not worthy of being busted" .. I SAID that "once those start getting made it would spell the end of MY collecting days" .. meaning I wouldn't buy them ... and I stand by that comment.

If you're going to say I said something, at least be accurate about exactly what I said, if you read something further into it, that's on you, not me. :)

Tattoo-X
01-05-2007, 10:49 AM
I never said "they're not worthy of being busted" .. I SAID that "once those start getting made it would spell the end of my collecting days" .. meaning I wouldn't buy them ... and I stand by that comment.

If you're going to say I said something, at least be accurate about exactly what I said, if you read something further into it, that's on you, not me. :)

You're implying that.
And that BD should only listen to 30+yr old collectors.
BTW, I got into collecting MBs for the character, not the freakin base.

bat_collector
01-05-2007, 10:53 AM
OR maybe if DCD actually put out a line of busts that was worth collecting! :banghead:

the women of the dcu is a huge selling line, plus batman black and white

Jesse321
01-05-2007, 10:54 AM
You're implying that.
And that BD should only listen to 30+yr old collectors.
You didn't say I "implied" it you said I "said" it .. and again I said or implied nothing of the kind .. you read that into it.

BTW, I got into collecting MBs for the character, not the freakin base.
Then why is it so important to you to make sure that everytime there is a completist thread that you mention "you're still a Marvel MB completetist except for the CBS which you don't consider an actual variant"

And if all you wanted was "the characters" ... what's the point of having all the other variants except the CBS? .. especially the useless ones? :confused:

Sorry ... I guess my thought processes just work differently than other peoples.

bat_collector
01-05-2007, 10:55 AM

Again, totally agree. DC did a great series, released it on time, and nobody wants to talk about it. But hey Kingpin got a freakin one shot and it should be comic of the year.:rolleyes:

rychehitman
01-05-2007, 11:10 AM
I think a lot of people are waiting for the trade and not buying the weekly installment

Deadpool
01-05-2007, 11:14 AM

I may know of a certain someone! ;)

pmpknface
01-05-2007, 11:43 AM
This whole thing has gotten totally out of control. Let's see here...

1) I doubt many people talk about DC books because this area is a Bowen Forum, and he has no DC license. Go to the comic section and talk about them there.

2) The fact that there aren't any recently reated characters in the BD line doesn't mean much, just that BD prefers to work on older ones. But to conisder it the end of the universe if he made a MB of someone "recent" is insane.

There are HUNDREDS of people calling for a MR. SINISTER FS and his first appearrance was in 1987! And he already has a MB! The clone saga is around 10 years old and we have a FS SCARLET SPIDER and a MB!

It's not as if anyone here is calling, or would even expect, BD to suddenly start putting out new stuff only. But it would be cool to thrown in an Onslaught or an X-23 or a Gravity or a Hood or maybe even a Vulcan (the 3rd Summers brother!) or Sentry in with the 10th version of Wolverine and Spidey and the retro Masters of Evil and Alpha Flight, etc...

Oh - And for the record, I turned 31 in September and have been at this since the Nightcrawler MB came out.

GoldNova
01-05-2007, 12:18 PM
I should probably remain silent here, because I haven't read that much from the last 15 years. My main collecting days ran from 1970 to 1990.

But I still faithfully collect Captain America. And I would like to see busts of:

Cross Bones
Diamondback
Winter Soldier

pmpknface
01-05-2007, 12:26 PM
I should probably remain silent here, because I haven't read that much from the last 15 years. My main collecting days ran from 1970 to 1990.

But I still faithfully collect Captain America. And I would like to see busts of:

Cross Bones
Diamondback
Winter Soldier
Hey man - you read and buy MB's you've got as much right to speak as anyone else! :D

And Winter Soldier is another good one I overlooked in my above rant. :p

Jesse321
01-05-2007, 12:27 PM
If you buy these pieces, you have just as much a say as anyone else. :)

bat_collector
01-05-2007, 01:07 PM
It's not as if anyone here is calling, or would even expect, BD to suddenly start putting out new stuff only. But it would be cool to thrown in an Onslaught or an X-23 or a Gravity or a Hood or maybe even a Vulcan (the 3rd Summers brother!) or Sentry in with the 10th version of Wolverine and Spidey and the retro Masters of Evil and Alpha Flight, etc...

Oh - And for the record, I turned 31 in September and have been at this since the Nightcrawler MB came out.

Exactly!!!!

and don't forget exodus

ant-man
01-05-2007, 01:07 PM
M2
Thunderbolts
Generation X
X Static

Sentry
Tarantula
Spider-Girl
Wildthing
X-23
Onslaught
Bloodhawk
Toxin

X-Static would ROCK!!!!!:buttrock:

Jesse321
01-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Exactly!!!!

and don't forget exodus
Que cosa mas grande .. fuemos poco y pario Katana! :rolleyes:

Tattoo-X
01-06-2007, 01:36 AM
If it makes people feel better, I'm not a Bowen Completist of any kind. I just have one Bust of each Marvel character Bowen Designs has released.:eplus2:
And I'm very happy with my collection. I don't know how CBS and being a Completist turned up in this thread.

I'm not going to restate my opinion about the CBS, Alter Egos, and repaints. Although I will say this. If I was ever to thin out my collection, Gold Bucky, Lead Nova, Gold Yellowjacket would be the first to go. Then followed by some of the other variants, and characters like Wonder Man, Destroyer, Terrax, and a few others.

My bad. I guess I implied younger collectors would want more recent characters. Let's forget about age here. It's true, that younger fans as a whole don't collect higher end products. I've read that 30+ age group buy more trading cards, and attend more concerts. Remember though, the teenagers that loved those characters in the 90's are now in their 30's.

I think older collectors want a variety. I'm 40, and I'd buy new Tarantula over Songbird, 90's Havok over Original, Impossible Man over Terrax, Lyja over FF She-Hulk, X-23 over Elektra, Gaurdians of the Galaxy characters over Inhumans, Thunderbolts over Alpha Flight, to name a few. I like characters from all time periods. People have their favorites. So why not mix things up a little more? More newer, obscure, and female villain characters please.

Randy said that he's going to continue releasing Spideys and Wolvies because they sell. Because that's what grandma would pick up for little Johnny. I think the same would be true for the new, young collector deciding to see what this "resin craze" is all about. So the would be collector goes to his LCS looking for a "heavy hitter" only to find none. Let's say there's only Fin Fang Foom and Destroyer, or X-23 and Sentry to choose from. Assume that they are equally priced, the newbie would more than likely buy a newbie character.

Since CBS was brought up, I'll rant a little more. CBS/RBS was BS. So was Lead Nova, Gold Bucky, Red Friday, Hercules, She-Hulk, Rawhide Kid.......

boobhound
01-06-2007, 01:52 AM
If it makes people feel better, I'm not a Bowen Completist of any kind. I just have one Bust of each Marvel character Bowen Designs has released.:eplus2:
And I'm very happy with my collection. I don't know how CBS and being a Completist turned up in this thread.

I'm not going to restate my opinion about the CBS, Alter Egos, and repaints. Although I will say this. If I was ever to thin out my collection, Gold Bucky, Lead Nova, Gold Yellowjacket would be the first to go. Then followed by some of the other variants, and characters like Wonder Man, Destroyer, Terrax, and a few others.

My bad. I guess I implied younger collectors would want more recent characters. Let's forget about age here. It's true, that younger fans as a whole don't collect higher end products. I've read that 30+ age group buy more trading cards, and attend more concerts. Remember though, the teenagers that loved those characters in the 90's are now in their 30's.

I think older collectors want a variety. I'm 40, and I'd buy new Tarantula over Songbird, 90's Havok over Original, Impossible Man over Terrax, Lyja over FF She-Hulk, X-23 over Elektra, Gaurdians of the Galaxy characters over Inhumans, Thunderbolts over Alpha Flight, to name a few. I like characters from all time periods. People have their favorites. So why not mix things up a little more? More newer, obscure, and female villain characters please.

Randy said that he's going to continue releasing Spideys and Wolvies because they sell. Because that's what grandma would pick up for little Johnny. I think the same would be true for the new, young collector deciding to see what this "resin craze" is all about. So the would be collector goes to his LCS looking for a "heavy hitter" only to find none. Let's say there's only Fin Fang Foom and Destroyer, or X-23 and Sentry to choose from. Assume that they are equally priced, the newbie would more than likely buy a newbie character.

Since CBS was brought up, I'll rant a little more. CBS/RBS was BS. So was Lead Nova, Gold Bucky, Red Friday, Hercules, She-Hulk, Rawhide Kid.......
um..........ok. Tat-X, you are taking this wayyyyy to serious. It's all good. And you forgot to say that you also have a SUPER-SWEET Wife that is one of the finest ladies on the Planet! :buttrock: I know that I ''cut up'' with ya and ''bust yer chops'' but just as badly as I wish for MAN-APE, I actually pull for yours to get resin treatment also. That bein said well bust'em all Randy!
MAN-APE/KLAW/BI-BEAST trifecta in 2007

Tattoo-X
01-06-2007, 02:06 AM
um..........ok. Tat-X, you are taking this wayyyyy to serious. It's all good. And you forgot to say that you also have a SUPER-SWEET Wife that is one of the finest ladies on the Planet! :buttrock: I know that I ''cut up'' with ya and ''bust yer chops'' but just as badly as I wish for MAN-APE, I actually pull for yours to get resin treatment also. That bein said well bust'em all Randy!
MAN-APE/KLAW/BI-BEAST trifecta in 2007

Yes, my wife is great!:thumbs2:

I've wanted Klaw for some time.
And I support you for Man-Ape and Bi-Beast.
Right after Defenders, Gaurdians of the Galaxy, Spider-Girl, and X-23.:eplus2:

rilynil
01-06-2007, 02:35 AM
Let's see now: I support Boobhound whole-heartedly with Man-Ape and Bi-Beast, yet I also publicly support Tattoo-X with X-23 and Spider-Girl. Hey, I'm becoming a politician! I'll promise my support to anyone who supports my interests! Somebody shoot me before I run for something!!

Tattoo-X
02-05-2007, 05:08 PM
Seeing Captain Brittain up for sale reminds me how much I'd like to get 90's versions of Shadowcat, Polaris, and Havok.

Rome
02-05-2007, 05:14 PM

exactly how I feel:thumbsdow

Ink
02-05-2007, 05:16 PM
M2
Thunderbolts
Generation X
X Static

Sentry
Tarantula
Spider-Girl
Wildthing
X-23
Onslaught
Bloodhawk
Toxin

jim lee cyclops
cable
stryfe
jubilee
JJJ

Raven1014
02-05-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm a huge comic fan and head over to Midtwon Comics every week for my new books. Right now I collect somewhere in the range of 40 titles a month, including mini sereis and the occasionly story arc (like the run of Action Comics right now).

While there have been quite a few interesting characters thrown around on this thread, the truth is most of them are not deserving...yet. If at all.

Onslaught - one old mini-seires and two issues into a new one and a few cameo appearances in X-Men issues. The character has been in maybe 12 issues total.

Runaways - is that really that popular a series? I don't collect it, so I'm not sure where is ranks each month, but again...how long have these characters been around?

X-23 - while I like the character and she is very popular right now. Let her be around for 5 years before she becomes a must for a statue.

Thunderbolts - another title I like, but it's on it's 4th incarnation of the title in about 110 issues. Now all the old characters have been thrown to the scrap heap again (except Songbird) and the new team is all (mostly classic)villians.

Toxin - lets have a Carnage before Carnage's offspring

Sentry - is there a real call for him? He has some fans, but it seems most people are indifferent at best.

Winter Solider - of all the newer character mentioned, this I can see a statue of him being made. Because he's not new. He's a newer version of Bucky, who is as an old of a character as I can think of.

Seeing as how there is a limited number of statues that Bowen can produce each phase, a lot of these characters should not even be mentioned. As it is, there have been quite a few already made that just seem to have been bad decisions (i.e three versions of Namor? - I know he has his fans, but in terms of popularity he's just not up there). There have been quite a few older characters mentioned, that while may not be classics are far more deserving right now.

Hell...I'd low to see a full size Spiral, Shatterstar and Magik, but realize it's most likely not going to happen. Mostly because while I'm a big fan of them, they aren't huge characters in terms of popularity and are not considered classics.

Tattoo-X
04-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Shadowcat w/Lockheed
Polaris (90's)
Havok (90's)
Spider-Girl
Tarantula (new character)
Toxin
and so many others, but not to say that I don't want older characters.
Just that a little more variety would be nice, and the hobby could use some newer collectors that can identify better with more recent character.

VaultMan
04-15-2007, 08:19 PM

I agree (see post #1).

On the other hand, Winter Soldier, Hydra, AIM, PsychoMan, Grim Reaper... all beg to be made.

VaultMan
04-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Winter Solider - of all the newer character mentioned, this I can see a statue of him being made. Because he's not new. He's a newer version of Bucky, who is as an old of a character as I can think of.

Damn right. Bust him!:thumbs2:

Tony Coca
04-15-2007, 08:22 PM
ok lets get some real characters.

You people and your winter soldier.

deaconbluezzz
04-15-2007, 08:26 PM
M2
Thunderbolts
Generation X
X Static

Sentry
Tarantula
Spider-Girl
Wildthing
X-23
Onslaught
Bloodhawk
Toxin

...I'm still waiting for the great characters you mentioned...

Unless of course you mean the Thunderbolts, in which case I'd love to see a Silver Age Power Man, Beetle, and Radioactive Man!

Jabberwocky
04-15-2007, 08:27 PM

Hey... I read that Morbius comic and I enjoyed it... believe it or not. :redface:

That's where my love of the character started and eventually I ended up liking and respecting the original incarnation more than the modern bondage version.

As for characters of the last 15 years, I wouldn't mind a Spidey 2099. Even though I hated the comic, I thought the costume was cool and would probably pick up a FS. Someone mentioned Maestro and I would have to agree that he is deserving too.

Tony Coca
04-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Scorpion
Brother Voodoo
Captain Marvel(Photon)
Dazzler(Disco version)
Cloak and Dagger
Puma
Tarantula
Mimic
Toad
Mastermind
Blob
White Tiger

VaultMan
04-15-2007, 08:34 PM
ok lets get some real characters.

You people and your winter soldier.

Damn right Coca.:stick: He's too cool to be un-busted.

Ink
04-15-2007, 08:36 PM
jim lee cyclops:D

Wolverine1
04-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Cannonball
Cable
X Factor Havok
X factor Polaris
Strong Guy
X factor Multiple Man
Toxin
Sentry
Ronin

GET
04-15-2007, 10:28 PM
WINTER SOLDIER!!!:thumbs2:

Tattoo-X
04-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Cannonball
Cable
X Factor Havok
X factor Polaris
Strong Guy
X factor Multiple Man
Toxin
Sentry
Ronin

Finally an intelligent response.:thumbs2:

imthkman
04-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Cannonball
Cable
X Factor Havok
X factor Polaris
Strong Guy
X factor Multiple Man
Toxin
Sentry
Ronin

I would buy those. I could do without everyone after Multiple Man. I was a big X-Factor fan. I'd like to see Forge as well.

rilynil
04-16-2007, 12:24 AM
X-23 for certain. :buttrock:

Wolverine1
04-16-2007, 12:35 AM
FORGE!

Teague
04-16-2007, 12:36 AM
Lots of good choices...but isn't the contract only for classic characters? Or has that changed?

Wolverine1
04-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Lots of good choices...but isn't the contract only for classic characters? Or has that changed?
Anything in the 616 verse I think....

Tattoo-X
04-16-2007, 01:15 PM

Nothing has changed.

Randy said that Marvel told him anything except the Ultimate characters.

TigerEyes
04-16-2007, 02:16 PM
I tried to think about this question fairly....
within the last fifteen years, what characters would i want in busts?

the short list....
Chamber
Winter Soldier
Songbird
Citizen V

fishbonex
04-17-2007, 11:55 PM
M2
Thunderbolts
Generation X
X Static

Sentry
Tarantula
Spider-Girl
Wildthing
X-23
Onslaught
Bloodhawk
Toxin

the only way to make this a worse idea is to add Gambit, Darkhawk, Nigh----ch and Cap Wolf to the list.

Roguewarrior
04-18-2007, 12:10 AM
I would not mind the original Thunderbolts but I am still prefer to see the New Warriors before the Thunderbolts hit the scene.

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:00 AM
I tried to think about this question fairly....
within the last fifteen years, what characters would i want in busts?

the short list....
Chamber
Winter Soldier
Songbird
Citizen V

DEFINITELY Winter Soldier! Songbird....MAYBE!

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:01 AM
M2
Thunderbolts
Generation X
X Static

Sentry
Tarantula
Spider-Girl
Wildthing
X-23
Onslaught
Bloodhawk
Toxin

Sorry dude, but except for Thunderbolts, I have to say the rest are crap! Change X-23 to X-51 & I'm with ya brotha!

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:02 AM

Hmmm...we agree again!

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:03 AM

I'd have to agree.

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:04 AM

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=24479

:puke2:

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:06 AM

Why? Just...why?

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:06 AM

FS Union Jack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:07 AM

I like new concepts & ideas...when they're good!

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:09 AM
Ok one more time...

New Mutants / X-Force
Cable
Cannonball
Copycat
Shatterstar
Feral
Meltdown / Boom-Boom
Warpath
Siryn
Sunspot
Rictor
Domino
Caliban
Moonstar
Magma
Magik
Warlock
Cypher
Skids

X-Factor
Multiple Man
Strong Guy
Wolfsbane
Forge
Wild Child
Shard
Random
Rictor
Siryn

Excalibur
Captain Britain
Meggan
Phoenix II
Shadowcat
Kylun
Douglock
Pete Wisdom
Black Knight
Captain UK
Crusader X
Nocturne
Sage

Generation X
Banshee
Emma Frost
Skin
Synch
M
Husk
Jubilee
Chamber
Penance
Mondo

:puke2:

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:11 AM
Quote:

Bye guys.

OK...we'll see. Want to put money on it?

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:11 AM

:laugh: :laugh:

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:14 AM

There were 40 year old guys back then thinking the original X-Men SUCKED! That's why it got cancelled or went to reprints. Those 40 year old guys loved the stories, character development & art of the new X-Men!

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:16 AM
Excellent points, Jesse. Very, very true. There's no doubt the industry has changed in the last 25 years, and will continue to change. There are more than a few things that worry me about the comic book industry's future (but the fate of Social Security worries me more, to tell the truth :laugh:). Regardless, I do believe this: Spider-Man, Hulk, Superman, Batman, etc., will outlive us all.

And I believe there are new characters who will survive, as well.

I hope so! I'm all about good, new characters!

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:17 AM
No, I'm saying that those collectors are in the minority and don't spend NEARLY as much money on the hobby as collectors who have been in it for 20 years or more already.

Agree...again.

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:19 AM

Hmmm...DC I buy....Batman, Action, Green Lantern, Green Arrow. Green Arrow is cancelled! Thank God for Marvel!

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:20 AM
I think Bowen has to take care of the modern comic reader as well so some modern characters no matter no much we may think are lame are cool to others just as some of the more obscure classic characters are to them.

There's always Sideshow or one of those other companies to handle those characters.

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:22 AM
You didn't say I "implied" it you said I "said" it .. and again I said or implied nothing of the kind .. you read that into it.

Then why is it so important to you to make sure that everytime there is a completist thread that you mention "you're still a Marvel MB completetist except for the CBS which you don't consider an actual variant"

And if all you wanted was "the characters" ... what's the point of having all the other variants except the CBS? .. especially the useless ones? :confused:

Sorry ... I guess my thought processes just work differently than other peoples.

What's CBS???????????

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:23 AM
X-Static would ROCK!!!!!:buttrock:

what's a X-Static?????????

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:28 AM
Let's see now: I support Boobhound whole-heartedly with Man-Ape and Bi-Beast, yet I also publicly support Tattoo-X with X-23 and Spider-Girl. Hey, I'm becoming a politician! I'll promise my support to anyone who supports my interests! Somebody shoot me before I run for something!!

What's this "supporting" other people? Does that mean that YOU will buy the statue? If not, supporting someone is silly! I want a Machine Man FS. It's not getting a lot of votes. That means it won't get made. I don't want anyone "supporting" me. I wish they liked the character as much as me, but alas...it's not to be. Life goes on...

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:30 AM
Damn right. Bust him!:thumbs2:

FS him!

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 02:31 AM
Captain Marvel(Photon)
Dazzler(Disco version)

Tarantula

Would but FSs!

rilynil
04-18-2007, 03:20 AM
For jezzuz sake, Al, you just posted 21 straight times!!
Lay off the damn Bowen crack and get some sleep. You're scaring the children!

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 03:40 AM
For jezzuz sake, Al, you just posted 21 straight times!!
Lay off the damn Bowen crack and get some sleep. You're scaring the children!

You're right! I have to watch Vic Mackey now!

rilynil
04-18-2007, 03:42 AM
You're right! I have to watch Vic Mackey now!
:thumbs2: As long as you're still coherent enough to tell time, go for it! :thumbs2:

Meta Jon
04-18-2007, 08:55 AM
What's CBS???????????

cube base sasquatch

Tattoo-X
04-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Well IMO two narrowed viewed individuals revived this thread right into the crapper.:banghead:

HoldyourfireAl
04-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Well IMO two narrowed viewed individuals revived this thread right into the crapper.:banghead:

:buttrock:

Don't be mad Tat! As long as all those characters you love sell well & are loved by folks like you, who cares what we think? I LOVE Machine Man. People think he sucks. Oh, well! What matters is that you have passion! :)

rilynil
04-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Who's the other one? :laugh: I only count one. Unless you're counting yourself. ;)

Psylocke
04-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Penance would make for an amazing Bust

insomniac
04-18-2007, 04:59 PM

My question is WHY these characters need to be busted? M2 and 2099 no longer exist for a reason. The Thunderbolts, Generation X and X Static have very small fan bases and probably even smaller percentage of bust and statue collectors follow these books.

Psylocke
04-18-2007, 06:36 PM
Generation X was a diamond of a book at the start.Possible the greatest Marvel/X-book at that time

Tattoo-X
04-18-2007, 07:19 PM
My question is WHY these characters need to be busted? M2 and 2099 no longer exist for a reason. The Thunderbolts, Generation X and X Static have very small fan bases and probably even smaller percentage of bust and statue collectors follow these books.

They are still showing up in the comics.:banghead:

rilynil
04-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Exactly! :thumbs2: Some of the characters who get busted haven't shown up regularly in decades!

Roguewarrior
04-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Ok one more time...

New Mutants / X-Force
Cable
Cannonball
Copycat
Shatterstar
Feral
Meltdown / Boom-Boom
Warpath
Siryn
Sunspot
Rictor
Domino
Caliban
Moonstar
Magma
Magik
Warlock
Cypher
Skids

X-Factor
Multiple Man
Strong Guy
Wolfsbane
Forge
Wild Child
Shard
Random
Rictor
Siryn

Excalibur
Captain Britain
Meggan
Phoenix II
Shadowcat
Kylun
Douglock
Pete Wisdom
Black Knight
Captain UK
Crusader X
Nocturne
Sage

Generation X
Banshee
Emma Frost
Skin
Synch
M
Husk
Jubilee
Chamber
Penance
Mondo

Of that list I would be interested in about a eighth of that.

New Mutants / X-Force
Cannonball
Siryn
Sunspot
Magik

X-Factor
Multiple Man
Siryn

Excalibur
Shadowcat
Black Knight
Nocturne

Generation X
Banshee
Jubilee

Ink
04-18-2007, 07:25 PM
chamber would make a nice MB

Wolverine1
04-19-2007, 01:58 AM
There's always Sideshow or one of those other companies to handle those characters.
Thats why they are getting more of my money than Bowen is here lately....

HoldyourfireAl
04-19-2007, 01:59 AM

I think it would be silly not to do Spider-Man 2099.

HoldyourfireAl
04-19-2007, 02:00 AM
Thats why they are getting more of my money than Bowen is here lately....

Cool. Buy what you like. I want classic Marvel, I go to Bowen. You want 1990s & up, go to SS. There's enough companies for everyone's tastes!

Psylocke
04-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Cool. Buy what you like. I want classic Marvel, I go to Bowen. You want 1990s & up, go to SS. There's enough companies for everyone's tastes!

I thought the Classic thing was relative now? lol

Tattoo-X
04-19-2007, 09:39 AM

SS has mini busts?:confused2

insomniac
04-19-2007, 05:10 PM

I would hope that is not the only requirement for creating a statue or bust. If it is we can just go alphabetically through the list and make all characters. I am sure every character would have some fan support too.

rilynil
04-19-2007, 05:11 PM
I would hope that is not the only requirement for creating a statue or bust. If it is we can just go alphabetically through the list and make all characters. I am sure every character would have some fan support too.
Um, comics featuring many of these characters are selling. There is a fan base, although you may just not be a part of it. :)

insomniac
04-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Um, comics featuring many of these characters are selling. There is a fan base, although you may just not be a part of it. :)

I never disagreed that there is a fan base for these comics. I just said that it is small and probably the fan base for these characters that also collect statues and bust is even smaller. Most people that collect statues or bust are probably older than your average comic collector. Bust and statues are fairly expensive and people without a lot of disposable income are less likely to take up the hobby. The reason the so called "CLASSIC" characters do fairly well is that most people that followed those characters as a kids in the 70's and 80's are now in a better financial position to buy these expensive toys. Characters like Gladiator and Destroyer may not appear much in current comics but many collectors have fond memories of these characters and are willing to spend the money to buy the statue or bust.

rilynil
04-19-2007, 06:42 PM
No harm in making new characters, though. DST's Ultimate line and X-23 busts are a part of many people's collections. Plus, there are more than a few forum members who regularly state their desire for newer characters.

I don't think anyone is going to riot if X-23 gets made before Paste Pot Pete.

Wolverine1
04-20-2007, 01:50 AM

Got that right....

rychehitman
04-20-2007, 02:14 AM
No harm in making new characters, though. DST's Ultimate line and X-23 busts are a part of many people's collections. Plus, there are more than a few forum members who regularly state their desire for newer characters.

get the rope!:mad:

:)

Roguewarrior
04-25-2007, 11:50 PM

no maybe not PPP but Cat-man, Ape-man and Bird-man better be done first!

Tattoo-X
03-15-2008, 01:34 AM
M2
Thunderbolts
Generation X
X Static

Sentry
Tarantula
Spider-Girl
Wildthing
X-23
Onslaught
Bloodhawk
Toxin

Is this really too much to ask?

How about 1 recent character for every 10 Thor/Iron Man bust released?

Come on Randy. My niece is beggin for a Spider-Girl bust. And Spider-Girl is the longest running series for a female Marvel title. Hey, this reminds me. Could we also get a female character for every 4 obscure (30> character appearances) characters busted?

Tharg
03-15-2008, 04:55 AM
Wow; some angry collectors around.

Older characters, newer characters,it's all subjective. People like what they like.

And no character 'deserves' to be made; I don't care if they are over 20 yrs old or 20 days old. BD is a business - Randy will make busts and statues that he thinks will sell - simple as that.

Because Stan, Jack Steve and the original Marvel creators created such an amazing array of characters and stories in the first place, means that the Marvel universe has flourished and grown for years and luckily enough for us Randy has a vast pool of characters to draw inspiration from.

Its all good gentlemen.

Tattoo-X
03-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Wow; some angry collectors around.
Older characters, newer characters,it's all subjective. People like what they like.

And no character 'deserves' to be made; I don't care if they are over 20 yrs old or 20 days old. BD is a business - Randy will make busts and statues that he thinks will sell - simple as that.

Because Stan, Jack Steve and the original Marvel creators created such an amazing array of characters and stories in the first place, means that the Marvel universe has flourished and grown for years and luckily enough for us Randy has a vast pool of characters to draw inspiration from.

Its all good gentlemen.

Where?;)