PDA

View Full Version : Silliest Bowen Statue Complaints HOF!

HoldyourfireAl
01-17-2007, 02:57 AM
Let's go cry babies! Here's a thread to list all your nit-picking about Bowen stuff! This is a thread that will live FOREVER!!!!

So...what are the Hall of Fame silly complaints? I'm not talking about Thanos paint. I'm talking about capes not sitting on shoulders correctly (eventhough the Marvel artists drew them that way!), spots on the Hulk's tongue, and even one I'm guilty of...dirty nails on the Shifflet Bros. Hulk!

Away we go....

moon_knight1971
01-17-2007, 03:17 AM
The silly smile on the Wonder Man MB. It's actually dead on IMO but I can still hear people talking about it!
http://www.fanboyplanet.com/comics/images/wonderman.jpg

moon_knight1971
01-17-2007, 03:19 AM
Oh, and there's Gladiator's skin tone.
http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/7/70/Gladiator_head.jpg

moon_knight1971
01-17-2007, 03:22 AM
Then there's the real mistake that very few speak of........
http://www.incognitocomics.co.uk/cache%5CSFULLS_206001.jpg

If you don't see it, the left shoulder is WAY to high up. Even for a comic book character I can't believe it.....:(

moon_knight1971
01-17-2007, 03:25 AM
My only complaint would be that caped FS & MBs have removable magnetic heads. I have the Classic Warlock statue and there's just too much neck action going on. It's like Adam is related to some alien Giraffe species or something.....:)

Alex655321
01-17-2007, 04:00 AM

If you don't see it, the left shoulder is WAY to high up. Even for a comic book character I can't believe it.....:(

Your right:eek:
That is kinda glaring, once you know it's there:(

Alex655321
01-17-2007, 04:02 AM
Someone mentioned in the Phasing Vison that you can see the peg in the phasing leg.
Once I noticed it, I can't stop seeing it to the point that it bugs me.

Still want to get a hold of that one. Someday.

chromesamurai
01-17-2007, 07:28 AM
Deadpool FS is far too sexy.

deaconbluezzz
01-17-2007, 08:20 AM
I think the tempest in a teapot over Hawkeye's ankle was a bit silly.

deaconbluezzz
01-17-2007, 08:23 AM
...and even one I'm guilty of...dirty nails on the Shifflet Bros. Hulk!

Away we go....

Funny thing Al, but that was one of the things I loved about the Shiflett's Hulk. I mean, you spend all day knocking down buildings, tossing tanks around, and beating up on other super-powered palookas, and your manicure is gonna take a lickin' ;). It just made sense.

Collection King 13
01-17-2007, 09:18 AM

I think I was the 1st to bring that up... :)
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h256/collectionking13/yellowjacketbox.jpg

Meta Jon
01-17-2007, 10:14 AM
How about people complaining about shipping dates.
I'm sure Bowen doesn't hang onto these pcs until people start saying "whens ________ going to ship??"

Collection King 13
01-17-2007, 10:17 AM
How about people complaining about shipping dates.
I'm sure Bowen doesn't hang onto these pcs until people start saying "whens ________ going to ship??"

Complaining about ship dates is just stupid...

deaconbluezzz
01-17-2007, 10:37 AM

Y'know, I must have missed that controversy when it popped up years ago...you're right though. Let's have Randy hurry up and give us a Yellowjacket FS so we can ditch the MB :)

imthkman
01-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Your right:eek:
That is kinda glaring, once you know it's there:(

I know. I never noticed it until someone else (CK i think) brought it up a while back. Now it's all I notice when I look at the bust. :bawling:

Tetragrammaton
01-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Let's not forget the "Randy, why is his pistol in his left hand, if the holster is on his right hip?" rant.

http://i10.tinypic.com/2rh1mwj.jpg

Underdog07
01-17-2007, 10:49 AM
I hear these two far too frequently:

"Gray Hulk makes my ass look too big" and "Sunfire's costume clashes with my eyes.":laugh:

The Watcher
01-17-2007, 10:49 AM
Let's not forget the "Randy, why is his pistol in his left hand, if the holster is on his right hip?" rant.

It's the only reason why I didn't buy the statue.

armitage
01-17-2007, 10:50 AM
People cry and Randy sculpts a new head for beast?!?
Yet I can't even get a Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider bust?!?! What do I have to do? Shed blood?:banghead: :banghead:

Barbarian
01-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Deadpool FS is far too sexy.
:laugh: Too True!

Same here. It just doesn't make sense, and I can't get past it.

yorick
01-17-2007, 01:18 PM

This is the similar problem I have with the new Nick Fury FS--wrong hand for the pistol based on the chest holster.

It's petty, but it bugs...

bat_collector
01-17-2007, 02:03 PM
I think the tempest in a teapot over Hawkeye's ankle was a bit silly.

Yeah, terrilbe anatomy getting a free pass because the base is "cool." Why should anyone complain about that?:laugh:

Teague
01-17-2007, 02:04 PM
"Hey Randy, why don't we have a Doop statue yet!?!" :laugh:

Teague
01-17-2007, 02:05 PM

Wow...never noticed that. Maybe he was swiping a power from Arms-Fall-Off-Boy. :laugh:

Equinox24
01-17-2007, 02:54 PM
It's one of the reasons I did buy it.

mwf6171
01-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Biggest mistake that I can see is that there is no Original Human Torch, Spitfire, Toro or Pryo mini bust.....

CKinSD
01-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Yeah, terrilbe anatomy getting a free pass because the base is "cool." Why should anyone complain about that?:laugh:

almost as bad as folks comparing real human anatomy to a comic book character...lol:laugh:

skorpsta
01-17-2007, 10:27 PM
classic bowen hulk statue the back left foot does not go flush to the base. not only on mine but a few people, i mean its easy to fix by making the peg whole a lil wider so it falls back on the left foot but it should be perfect from the start when buying it.

deaconbluezzz
01-17-2007, 10:40 PM

Tell ya what, I'll give you a pass on terrible English, and you give Randy a pass on terrilbe anatomy...deal?

randy bowen
01-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Tell ya what, I'll give you a pass on terrible English, and you give Randy a pass on terrilbe anatomy...deal?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JavOner
01-17-2007, 11:01 PM
My only complaint of BD is the slow shipping. But i understand they dont have a huge staff.

Walrus
01-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Well, without question the way Randy so callously disregards the importance of family. To have Magneto and Wanda standing there without their son and brother... it's atrocious.

I'm gonna go put on "Cats in the cradle" now.

deaconbluezzz
01-17-2007, 11:31 PM
Well, without question the way Randy so callously disregards the importance of family. To have Magneto and Wanda standing their without their son and brother... it's atrocious.

I'm gonna go put on "Cats in the cradle" now.

LOL...Picturing Magneto with a tear rolling down his cheek..."When ya comin' home son I don't know when, but we'll be together then..."

riderV3
01-17-2007, 11:41 PM
There's a fingerprint on Rhino's raised foot...

bat_collector
01-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Oh, and don't forget the ackward head angle on Dr. Strange. It does not look properly sculpted on.

The whole in the butt of Thanos. That's a great one, too.

And the whole sasquatch cube base fiasco.

Barbarian
01-18-2007, 12:14 AM
...The whole in the butt of Thanos...
Eh? I don't know that one. I'll have to check mine now.

syzygy
01-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Oh, and don't forget the ackward head angle on Dr. Strange. It does not look properly sculpted on.

The whole in the butt of Thanos. That's a great one, too.

And the whole sasquatch cube base fiasco.

should be "hole".:confused2 :)

Makkari1
01-18-2007, 03:28 PM

Hey, that was a legitimate complaint. Some of us who know and love Gladiator feel that his skin tone is more purplish than blue and the pics on the Bowen web site even portrayed it as such. Also the ears on the final release were way off, much too big and the pics on the Bowen site had them smaller for the character, very misleading. But the last thing you forgot is how some pieces came cross-eyed :eek: If you had been waiting for a very long time for one of your favorite characters to be made and it was done wrong you'd pissed too. :mad:

Collection King 13
01-18-2007, 03:37 PM

I didnt even notice that! LOL!

cougartrace
01-18-2007, 04:11 PM
some of you are real picky, but I guess you have some entitlement for the dollars you spend.

Makkari1
01-18-2007, 05:14 PM
some of you are real picky, but I guess you have some entitlement for the dollars you spend.

damn skippy we do.:mad:

risingstar
01-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Silliest complaint: Not enough free stuff when you join the collector's club.

SquiderM3
01-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Two shots at a FS Green Goblin and they still can't get it right! Psst...take a peek at DST's, go from there.

boobhound
01-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Yes, but it should be to a point. IMO, I mean these are comic book characters and mass produced. Most of the complaints are not very valid in my opinion. And most can or could be very easily fized too. If you don't like it, don't buy it. If you do and it's a paint problem, paint it again. Alot fuss needlessly I believe.

risingstar
01-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Two shots at a FS Green Goblin and they still can't get it right! Psst...take a peek at DST's, go from there.

I thought the second GG was a vast improvement on the first.

JavOner
01-18-2007, 09:19 PM
I came up with another complaint. FS character that have big capes, there almost impossible to display. Especially when the cape is huge,for example moonknight,dr strange. No more HUGE CAPES please.

The Fog
01-18-2007, 09:33 PM
My new girlfriend's boob's are to big for my mouth, Oh BD complaint's, I'm not that anal to complain about these, I'm just glad I have what I, which is about all of them.
I just read the complaint's and laugh, I don't see anyone else startig their own business.
The best part is the same people B&M, then they buy them and keep posting to B&M some more.

Ink
01-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Silliest complaint: Not enough free stuff when you join the collector's club.

speaking of, I need to renew

boobhound
01-18-2007, 09:55 PM
My new girlfriend's boob's are to big for my mouth, Oh BD complaint's, I'm not that anal to complain about these, I'm just glad I have what I, which is about all of them.
I just read the complaint's and laugh, I don't see anyone else startig their own business.
The best part is the same people B&M, then they buy them and keep posting to B&M some more.
Well, if you ever want to break up with her, just send her my way. :thumbs2: lol :buttrock:

The Fog
01-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, if you ever want to break up with her, just send her my way. :thumbs2: lol :buttrock:
Figures you'd see that, gotta go, guess where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boobhound
01-18-2007, 10:34 PM
Figures you'd see that, gotta go, guess where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not boobhound for nuthin! :thumbs2:

bomen
01-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Boobhound..
easy fix. don't inflate her as much next time.

BeerNutta
01-19-2007, 01:27 PM
I didnt even notice that! LOL!

No!!! I pre ordered that one. Now its going to annoy me forever!!!!!

BeerNutta
01-19-2007, 01:29 PM

Who has ever had a gf with boobs small enough to fit in their mouth? Poor bastard.

boobhound
01-20-2007, 01:44 AM
The Hercules bust just shown. This is what we have waited almost 2 years for? Paint colors aren't right. And the base/bust isn't ''lining-up''. It's crooked. I mean, I'll still buy it for my display, but. Well, with a 2 year wait it's, well bad. I am ''hitting a wall''! For the past 2 weeks, I have been struggling with just getting rid of all of my Bowen busts, and getting out all together. I could be buying a Harley instead of buying mini busts of resin. And the sculpts and paints are getting kind of blah.

lord odin
01-20-2007, 02:18 AM
The Hercules bust just shown. This is what we have waited almost 2 years for? Paint colors aren't right. And the base/bust isn't ''lining-up''. It's crooked. I mean, I'll still buy it for my display, but. Well, with a 2 year wait it's, well bad. I am ''hitting a wall''! For the past 2 weeks, I have been struggling with just getting rid of all of my Bowen busts, and getting out all together. I could be buying a Harley instead of buying mini busts of resin. And the sculpts and paints are getting kind of blah.

Do like I do if it doesn`t look right don`t buy it vote with your dollar.
I`ve passed on so much stuff any I don`t have any regrets doing it.:thumbs2:

boobhound
01-20-2007, 02:23 AM
Do like I do if it doesn`t look right don`t buy it vote with your dollar.
I`ve passed on so much stuff any I don`t have any regrets doing it.:thumbs2:
Well, I might. But, I was wanting to put him in my Avengers display. But, like I said. Been really contemplating just getting out all together. And here lately? I have been passing on alot! So, I know exactly what you mean! :thumbs2:

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 03:32 AM
Well, I might. But, I was wanting to put him in my Avengers display. But, like I said. Been really contemplating just getting out all together. And here lately? I have been passing on alot! So, I know exactly what you mean! :thumbs2:

I think Bowen is better than ever! They almost lost me with the attention to X-Men FSs in Phase 1. I'm glad I came back!

bat_collector
01-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I think Bowen is better than ever! They almost lost me with the attention to X-Men FSs in Phase 1. I'm glad I came back!

not surprised at all

x-men rule

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 03:26 PM
not surprised at all

x-men rule

X-Men have had their moments...Byrne/Austin, ****rum, Paul Smith, Morrison (except what he did to the Beast!), and of course, Whedon & Cassaday's current run, which may be the best thing on the stands!

I just think they have been over exposed for so long, I didn't get excited by Bowen statues of them. Everyone does X-Men statues! By now they're boring to me. Sorry!

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 03:27 PM
New Thread Alert!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hercules Beard adjustment?"

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 03:28 PM

It absolutely is, but I think it could still be better!

Jesse321
01-20-2007, 03:30 PM
New Thread Alert!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hercules Beard adjustment?"Randy himself asked for that one. :stick:

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Randy himself asked for that one. :stick:

He's just as bad!

:buttrock:

Jesse321
01-20-2007, 03:31 PM
:laugh:

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Looks like Hercules is today's big controversy! What will it be tomorrow?
Woo-Hoo!

HalJordanFan
01-20-2007, 07:27 PM

Agreed. But it still not where it should be.

randy bowen
01-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Randy himself asked for that one. :stick:

Not really. Someone asked if I could just make the beard fuller. I suggested that he start a poll to see if anyone agreed with him.

Mastermold
01-20-2007, 07:31 PM
Seems face sculpts on any character cause the most discussion.

Jesse321
01-20-2007, 07:33 PM
Not really. Someone asked if I could just make the beard fuller. I suggested that he start a poll to see if anyone agreed with him.
Create a poll and see if people want a fuller beard.
You told him to "create a poll" (which he did) .. I don't understand how this falls into the "not really" catagory, but then again I really don't wanna know, I've started enough trouble for one night.:confused2

The Fog
01-20-2007, 07:51 PM
What does "HOF" stand for House of Fool's?
Just seem's like it's the same old complainer's and want to be sculptor/painter/art director "fool's" all the time.
Like I said before, I'm just happy with what I have, and what's coming out.
Hey thirty year's ago these were just wishful thinking, now their all right here, and nobody does them better then BD, maybe there not as "perfect" as some would wish but then everybody look's at each piece differently, BD makes them, and the House of Fool's degrades them.

boobhound
01-20-2007, 07:57 PM
You told him to "create a poll" (which he did) .. I don't understand how this falls into the "not really" catagory, but then again I really don't wanna know, I've started enough trouble for one night.:confused2

No, Jesse. I have a feeling that I may have been the cause of all this trouble because of my very late night comments last night. For that I do apoligize.

badhulk
01-20-2007, 07:59 PM
:confused2

boobhound
01-20-2007, 08:00 PM
What does "HOF" stand for House of Fool's?
Just seem's like it's the same old complainer's and want to be sculptor/painter/art director "fool's" all the time.
Like I said before, I'm just happy with what I have, and what's coming out.
Hey thirty year's ago these were just wishful thinking, now their all right here, and nobody does them better then BD, maybe there not as "perfect" as some would wish but then everybody look's at each piece differently, BD makes them, and the House of Fool's degrades them.
I gotta disagree Mako. I never intended to ''degrade'' Randy's work at all, nor Bowendesigns. I am a huge fan of Randy's and Bowendesigns, in fact I am trying to get a BD logo tattooed on my right bicep!!! When's the last time you felt that strongly about anything?

Alex655321
01-20-2007, 08:13 PM
I gotta disagree Mako. I never intended to ''degrade'' Randy's work at all, nor Bowendesigns. I am a huge fan of Randy's and Bowendesigns, in fact I am trying to get a BD logo tattooed on my right bicep!!! When's the last time you felt that strongly about anything?

Boob if you do that, they should sculpt a FS Man-Ape in your honor:buttrock:

Ish
01-20-2007, 08:14 PM
spiderwoman fs sucked...

Tony Coca
01-20-2007, 08:15 PM
cube/rock base.

Tony Coca

Or a staue of him with his nose up Randys Butt.:laugh:

boobhound
Alex, it's not a question of IF it's when. Money and artist being what it's really about! :)

Ish
01-20-2007, 08:17 PM

thats gonna be a small logo...

if you were ever gonna tatto somebody's name on your body it should only be your kids.

boobhound
01-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Or a staue of him with his nose up Randys Butt.:laugh:
Coca, last night should've proved that I am not a ''noser''! But, I do think BD does the very best when it comes down to it.

boobhound
01-20-2007, 08:18 PM

if you were ever gonna tatto somebody's name on your body it should only be your kids.
That's cold, Ish. And I don't/never will have kids.

Tony Coca
01-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Coca, last night should've proved that I am not a ''noser''! But, I do think BD does the very best when it comes down to it.

for a guy talking about getting the bowen logo on his arm to me it sounds like a noser.

Ish
01-20-2007, 08:20 PM

thats right you're never gonna get layed :D

boobhound
01-20-2007, 08:21 PM
for a guy talking about getting the bowen logo on his arm to me it sounds like a noser.
Well, to each his own. :)

Ish
01-20-2007, 08:21 PM

?????

boobhound
01-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Well, I got a Rooster on my left bicep and it hasn't slowed down the steady stream of women yet! :)

boobhound
01-20-2007, 08:24 PM
?????
I was talking about my ''no pulled punches'' discussion of the Hercules mb.

Ish
01-20-2007, 08:25 PM
I was talking about my ''no pulled punches'' discussion of the Hercules mb.

link?

boobhound
01-20-2007, 08:27 PM
link?
In this thread and the other one http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=42307

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 08:30 PM

ABSOLUTELY!

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 08:32 PM
spiderwoman fs sucked...

You're just saying that was a "silly complaint", right?

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 08:33 PM

Any particular reason for this?

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 08:33 PM

Or Lindsay Lohan! See's HOT & a bad girl! Woo-Hoo!

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 08:34 PM

LAID!

Ish
01-20-2007, 08:36 PM
You're just saying that was a "silly complaint", right?

if you notice this stoped being a "silly complaint" thread by the 4th post, people have real complaints about some pieces.

The Fog
01-20-2007, 08:36 PM
I gotta disagree Mako. I never intended to ''degrade'' Randy's work at all, nor Bowendesigns. I am a huge fan of Randy's and Bowendesigns, in fact I am trying to get a BD logo tattooed on my right bicep!!! When's the last time you felt that strongly about anything? Holy Misperception, wasn't spouting off about you, totally sorry for that.
I too love BD's work, it's really the only stuff I buy, just my overzealousness of the "critical" statement's made sometime about pieces being lax in some areas.
Actually I'm adding to the crying with this statement.
Sorry Boobhound, not ment as a personal attack. I've painted with a broad brush, my mistake

boobhound
01-20-2007, 08:37 PM
I just particularly don't want to have kids. I love kids and my nieces and nephews and other peoples. I just don't want any of my own.

Ish
01-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Or Lindsay Lohan! See's HOT & a bad girl! Woo-Hoo!

why would you tattoo her name in your body??

boobhound
01-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Holy Misperception, wasn't spouting off about you, totally sorry for that.
I too love BD's work, it's really the only stuff I buy, just my overzealousness of the "critical" statement's made sometime about pieces being lax in some areas.
Actually I'm adding to the crying with this statement.
Sorry Boobhound, not ment as a personal attack. I've painted with a broad brush, my mistake
Oh no it's cool. I just meant and wanted to clarify that I did not nor intend it to be ''degrading'' in regards to any of my comments about this bust or Randy's work or any others for that matter. It's cool! :thumbs2: :)

Ish
01-20-2007, 08:40 PM

booby is probably shooting blanks. lol

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 08:41 PM
why would you tattoo her name in your body??

She's HOT! And she's BAD! AND...she hangs out with Paris & Brittney! Woo-Hoo!

Primal
01-20-2007, 08:41 PM

I think that was the hippy 3bags who pointed that out. :laugh:

boobhound
01-20-2007, 08:42 PM
booby is probably shooting blanks. lol
Maybe, I never ever have had a close call. But, I just don't want any of my own. I love kids, just don't want to have any.

Ish
01-20-2007, 08:43 PM
She's HOT! And she's BAD! AND...she hangs out with Paris & Brittney! Woo-Hoo!

you're a silly guy BGA, i bet you're sporting a BD tatoo right now...

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 08:43 PM
if you notice this stoped being a "silly complaint" thread by the 4th post, people have real complaints about some pieces.

Well, saying something "sucks" is kinda mean. Dontcha think? Not to beat on you, just realize that some of these guys read the threads.

:thumbs2:

Ish
01-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Maybe, I never ever have had a close call. But, I just don't want any of my own. I love kids, just don't want to have any.

when you meet the right chick you will ;)

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 08:44 PM

I used to feel the same way 'till I turned 31 and my fiance and I had an "oops". Now I can't imagine not having a kid.

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 08:45 PM
you're a silly guy BGA, i bet you're sporting a BD tatoo right now...

Nah...just a tattoo of Randy's old avatar on my upper thigh!

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 08:46 PM
when you meet the right chick you will ;)

See? You can be nice! :buttrock:

Ish
01-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Well, saying something "sucks" is kinda mean. Dontcha think? Not to beat on you, just realize that some of these guys read the threads.

:thumbs2:

what guys? randy?, he knows it didn't come out the way it should have. as a buyer it's jmho.

Ish
01-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Nah...just a tattoo of Randy's old avatar on my upper thigh!

omg that has to be the sickest thing a randy fan has ever said...:eek:

Ish
01-20-2007, 08:49 PM
See? You can be nice! :buttrock:

thats 'cause booby is my boy. ;)

boobhound
01-20-2007, 08:50 PM
I used to feel the same way 'till I turned 31 and my fiance and I had an "oops". Now I can't imagine not having a kid.
Well, I am 36 now. I just really don't want to have any kids. Like I said, I have nieces and nephews and I can do anything with them that I'd do with my own. And I can give them back!!!!!
I don't agree with bringing kids into this world the way it's going. And if I ever want one, I can always adopt. There are alot of kids without anyone but the system. I also, like the ''freedom'' of not having kids. If I want to go to Australia in the middle of the night I can just go. If I had a kid, well I couldn't.

boobhound
01-20-2007, 08:51 PM
thats 'cause booby is my boy. ;)
That's right! :thumbs2: :buttrock: :)

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 08:52 PM

:)

boobhound
01-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I gotta say, that is pretty sick! Visually and other ways.

boobhound
01-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Congratulations, by the way! :thumbs2:

Spoil that kid every single day! :buttrock:

Primal
01-20-2007, 08:59 PM
What was the point of this thread again? :D

Oh yeah. Anyone remember this one?
The center line on Zemo's chest connects with the line going up the side of his face to his eye. :laugh:

When it shouldve connected with the line going up the center of his mask.
I cant imagine the hissy fits this wouldve caused today. :laugh:

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9517/ln0tb.jpg

Ish
01-20-2007, 09:00 PM

The center line on Zemo chest connects with the line going up the side of his face to his eye. :laugh:

GOD you're a geek...

but you're right, pretty funny.

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Congratulations, by the way! :thumbs2:

Spoil that kid every single day! :buttrock:

LOL...yeah, tell me that while he's sitting in the next room whaling away at orcs on his Xbox360.

boobhound
01-20-2007, 09:03 PM
LOL...yeah, tell me that while he's sitting in the next room whaling away at orcs on his Xbox360.
Well, ain't that one of the many things little boys do?????? :thumbs2: :)

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Well, ain't that one of the many things little boys do?????? :thumbs2: :)

Yeah, and I envy him everyday! When I was his age there were only 5 channels on TV, and frikkin' PONG was still 4 years away from being created ;).

God I'm old.

I could sure use a FS Ant-Man sneak to cheer me up Randy!

boobhound
01-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Yeah, and I envy him everyday! When I was his age there were only 5 channels on TV, and frikkin' PONG was still a 4 years away from being created ;).

God I'm old.

I could sure use a FS Ant-Man sneak to cheer me up Randy!
You and me both, old that is. I was always outside though. Getting dirty, running, climbing, tearing up something. I had guns, made out of sticks. Trash can lid was Cap's shield, wooden mallet was Thor's hammer, chain for Power Man's belt, sash for Iron Fist's mask, beach towel for Superman's cape. Man, those were the days!!!!

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 09:20 PM
You and me both, old that is. I was always outside though. Getting dirty, running, climbing, tearing up something. I had guns, made out of sticks. Trash can lid was Cap's shield, wooden mallet was Thor's hammer, chain for Power Man's belt, sash for Iron Fist's mask, beach towel for Superman's cape. Man, those were the days!!!!

Yeah, me too! My folks still have a pic of me with a round sheet of plywood that my dad cut for me so I could make Cap's shield. I painted the whole thing, then took magic markers to my thermal long-johns to make the costume.

That horrified my mom, but she wouldn't cut up our flag to make it for me, so what else could I do???

Yeah, those were certainly the days...

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Now there's an idea for a thread!! Have the forum members post pics of themselves done up as their favorite heroes when they were kids...

boobhound
01-20-2007, 09:27 PM
Yeah, me too! My folks still have a pic of me with a round sheet of plywood that my dad cut for me so I could make Cap's shield. I painted the whole thing, then took magic markers to my thermal long-johns to make the costume.

That horrified my mom, but she wouldn't cut up our flag to make it for me, so what else could I do???

Yeah, those were certainly the days...
Man, you went all out! I was just in my jeans (Tuffskins) and with all my Marvel and DC ''props''. But, I would give anything to go back to have just 1 whole day again with my Grandfather there!!!!!:)

Gangleri
01-20-2007, 09:31 PM

The center line on Zemo chest connects with the line going up the side of his face to his eye. :laugh:

It's those D@*N unstable molecules!! Please send any complaints/costume malfunctions to R. Richards care of the Baxter Building NY.

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Wow. I could have looked at that Zemo bust for months and never noticed that. It's too bad I never cared for that generation of Baron Zemo, cuz I always thought that was a stunning bust.

Meteor Man
01-21-2007, 01:51 AM

Ah Gladiator...:bawling: How I'd love to see a Gladiator FS...:confused2 :buttrock:

HoldyourfireAl
01-23-2007, 11:45 PM
I think the new Hercules controversy takes the cake!

NovaKane
01-24-2007, 06:51 PM
How in the name of all that is resin did this thread run for 14 pages with no mention of the infamous Hulk's nipples (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=28124&highlight=Hulk+nipples) thread?

That was the best thread ever!

boondocksaint
01-24-2007, 06:54 PM
How in the name of all that is resin did this thread run for 14 pages with no mention of the infamous Hulk's nipples (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=28124&highlight=Hulk+nipples) thread?

That was the best thread ever!

i agree the nipple fiasco was the best :thumbs2:

chromesamurai
01-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Let's not forget the stupid Water Tower Spidey debacle. We can suspend disbelief in comics, but not comic-based statues?

OR the Thanos color situation. My Thanos is directly above me as we speak. I look at him all the time. I am a GIANT Thanos mark. And the lighter blue color doesn't bother me at all. The gold color is also right on. Pop open a copy of Infinity Gauntlet (which to me is the quintessential Thanos). His outfit is depicted as being shiny, which is not something the color yellow usually does. I would accept a satiny color or gold, but flat yellow or orange looks silly.

And I do believe I disproved the Hawkeye ankle anatomy thing all together. I have a pic in one of those complainey threads of my ankle at the same angle as Hawkeye's. And I'm not even a gymnast/superhero. It looks a bit silly, but it's correct. The boot is throwing everyone off, that's all.

Toast
01-26-2007, 09:27 AM

Hey maybe he likes to the cross draw on his weapon. HAHa