PDA

View Full Version : Gold Chrome Frankie Raye Nova Update...Please!!

marvelrules67
01-17-2007, 03:22 PM
I know that the Bowen site has a notation posted on the front page about this, but I need some kind of news on this bust. The wait for this piece has dragged out way too long and to get almost no information about what's going on is not very good customer service...IMO.

kawi13x
01-18-2007, 06:32 PM
Has anyone heard anything about this one?

madjazz
01-18-2007, 06:35 PM
I wouldn't mind an update that just said "product has not left China yet".

Tony Coca
01-18-2007, 06:37 PM
Muahahahahahaha NEVER.

thats wrong Randy.:laugh:

Ink
01-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Has anyone heard anything about this one?

not a word

Jesse321
01-18-2007, 06:56 PM
They're having problems with the chrome .. I'm telling you that's the cause for the delay.

rychehitman
01-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Let's start a poll:

How many people have had to dust the space they have reserved for their Gold Chrome Frankie Raye Nove mini bust?:)

I am sure as a businessman Randy is as upset about the situation as we are. I just dont see why, as a fanboy, he is keeping us in the dark?

rychehitman
01-18-2007, 06:57 PM
They're having problems with the chrome .. I'm telling you that's the cause for the delay.

it's either that or the 12 kilos of black tar heroin that was on the same ship coming from China!:)

Ink
01-18-2007, 06:57 PM

you'd think they would give up after all this time and offer somethin else instead

Alex655321
01-18-2007, 07:00 PM

I believe you,
It would be nice if they would update the caption that has been on the website for months.
I don't mind waiting so long, but its nice to hear what is going on.

Ish
01-18-2007, 07:28 PM
whenever it gets here is fine, no rush.

heykool69
01-18-2007, 07:56 PM

You might as well post your chrome Frankie here so we can remember how it SHOULDA look like:)

boobhound
01-18-2007, 08:44 PM
I totally agree. And is why when some on here start yelling, ''CHROME IT''!
I keep saying no please don't! I have my painted Nova on my shelf and I have had her for a great while. But some of ya'll don't have anything.
So, what have we learned? That chroming, bad. :thumbsdow Paint good! :thumbs2:
That is all.

Stooby87
01-18-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm not in too much of a hurry, so I'll wait.

The Fog
01-18-2007, 10:06 PM
I got my confirmation on this bust awhile ago, but can wait till whenever it get's here.
If it wasn't for the Chrome who'd really care, the regular bust was enough.

fossa2
01-18-2007, 10:33 PM
:confused: What makes no sense with this piece at all is that it is an Exclusive. I thought they did not solicit the Exclusives for sale until they were already safely in the warehouse :confused: I know that was the case with a few previous pieces. Why would they put this piece up for sale if they did not have it in hand yet :confused: Especially knowing the problems that always occur with chrome pieces :confused:

Ink
01-18-2007, 10:49 PM
:confused: What makes no sense with this piece at all is that it is an Exclusive. I thought they did not solicit the Exclusives for sale until they were already safely in the warehouse :confused: I know that was the case with a few previous pieces. Why would they put this piece up for sale if they did not have it in hand yet :confused: Especially knowing the problems that always occur with chrome pieces :confused:

BD probably wasn't expecting the probs to occur

ilas
01-18-2007, 10:57 PM

It wasn't a CC Ex though. It was just an Online Exclusive. So basically, it was just a piece that you had to order from the site like any other of the solicited pieces. It essentially became a CC Ex when they cancelled orders limiting everyone to 1 per customer.

MKS
01-18-2007, 11:07 PM
chrome just doesn't seem worth it - there seems to be better alternatives with shiny paints

Jesse321
01-18-2007, 11:14 PM
You might as well post your chrome Frankie here so we can remember how it SHOULDA look like:)
Mine isn't chromed .. it's just painted correctly. :D

1logan
01-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Probably just punishment to those that cancelled there regular version.

rilynil
01-19-2007, 01:46 AM
I'd rather there not be a delay, but I'm not crawling the walls, either. I'm sure when it gets here, I'm going to be thrilled with it. :) I have faith that the chrome will look awesome.

htwhlr
01-19-2007, 09:06 AM
I need some kind of news on this bust.

Too Funny!!

phnx75
01-19-2007, 09:26 AM
you'd think they would give up after all this time and offer somethin else instead

Yeah...the correct (solicited) paint color is a good start. Thank god I had mine repainted.

Meta Jon
01-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Why rush the chroming process when everyone is only going to complain about it if it's not done right??

Geez Louise :rolleyes:

pmpknface
01-19-2007, 10:37 AM
I know that the Bowen site has a notation posted on the front page about this, but I need some kind of news on this bust. The wait for this piece has dragged out way too long and to get almost no information about what's going on is not very good customer service...IMO.

You "need" news? There isn't any. What would be "good customer service?" They have continually updated theire website on a regular basis that they still are not ready. BD can really only say in so many different ways it's not here yet.

For those of us who have purchased chrome pieces before we knew that this was going to be delayed because there are always issues with the chroming. I actually thought at one point that Randy said that he wasn't going to chrome anything anymore because of the issues they run into and I was shocked that they offered to do it again.

Listen to Boob and the others. If you're going to beg and plead for chromed pieces, be ready to pay the price.

Sniper
01-19-2007, 11:39 AM
the only people who are eagerly waiting for this bust are those who sold it off already and are getting massive emails regarding the piece and will have to refund the money

ant-man
01-19-2007, 11:48 AM
whenever it comes it comes...to be honest..im losing much interest in it...its been so long now....:(

Ink
01-19-2007, 11:51 AM
You "need" news? There isn't any. What would be "good customer service?" They have continually updated theire website on a regular basis that they still are not ready. BD can really only say in so many different ways it's not here yet.

For those of us who have purchased chrome pieces before we knew that this was going to be delayed because there are always issues with the chroming. I actually thought at one point that Randy said that he wasn't going to chrome anything anymore because of the issues they run into and I was shocked that they offered to do it again.

Listen to Boob and the others. If you're going to beg and plead for chromed pieces, be ready to pay the price.

and this long wait is the price

pmpknface
01-19-2007, 11:56 AM
and this long wait is the price
YUP! We could have just had a shiny gold painted one (like Jesse's) but chrome is "cool" so we'll just have to wait.

I'm dying to get my greedy little hands on this one, but I can wait. I've gotta deal w/ space issues in the meantime anyhow. ;)

Gatekeeper2Hell
01-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Remember the delay on the Black Panther Classic FS?

The factory finished them and shipped them to BD. BD started spot checking and found a high enough percentage of bad pieces to recall the entire run and have them remade. The original batch arrived when ... late January or early February? The replacements didn't arrive until ... September or October?

Keep in mind that BD doesn't put any kind of exclusive up for sale until its expected to reach them in a week or two. I suspect that they had the busts en route when they took the orders, and upon arrival, saw that the busts looked like crap. If BD had to send the them back to be remade its going to take months to get them again. Based on the BP Classic FS, I wouldn't expect to see them until March. (It might be a smaller run, but it has been stated that the chroming process has a 50% failure rate.)

Also, aside from Terrax's weapon, I believe that this is the first chrome piece that BD has tried to release since changing factories. It's possible that the new factory is having trouble living up to the BD standard on chrome.