PDA

View Full Version : Every good hero deserves a good villain

Tharg
01-18-2007, 06:28 AM
Hi all,

I think that 2007 is going to be a big year for Dr. Strange (joining the Avengers roster) and Namor (his new limited series sounds interesting.) The time is right to get some of their rogues busted; I'm thinking about the Dreaded Dormammu (all time fave of mine) and, as so many of you have wisely suggested, Tiger Shark.

Likewise, it would be good the get The Fury to display alongside Captain Britain and some Omega Flight members for Alpha Flight.

Tharg

JDH
01-18-2007, 06:39 AM
I'm in for Dormammu, he's a must bust to complete the Bring on the Bad Guys set.

http://www.howardhallis.com/drstrange/books/bringonbadguys.jpg

Bullseye
01-18-2007, 07:18 AM
A loki is needed for sure.

lovemunkey187
01-18-2007, 07:30 AM
I don't get why there's so much vocal support for a Loki FS.

To me he's not exactly got the most stylish and impressive costume.

ant-man
01-18-2007, 09:15 AM

BLASPHEMY!!!!!..

how dare you make such statements....!!!:mad:

cougartrace
01-18-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm not a huge Loki fan either. I just don't think he's the most menacing of villains. However, I do believe that Loki should be done to complement other statues that have been made.

Juggernaut
01-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Loki is a very interesting villain along with Mister sinsiter.

Thes two have some of the most impressive outfit's.

Fs Loki and Mister Sinsiter.

deaconbluezzz
01-18-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm in for Dormammu, he's a must bust to complete the Bring on the Bad Guys set.

Bust? He's a must FS mon frere! We've got FS'ers of most of the folks on that cover either here or in the queue...and I think Dormammu could be one of the most striking of the lot.

...plus it'll make it alot easier to lobby for a bust of Clea, which is what I really want.

imthkman
01-18-2007, 11:08 AM

Well, he's got to be considered Thor's arch-enemy (IMO) and a major villian in Marveldom. (Not sure that's even a word, but i digress.) So for collectors of FS's, he's the perfect complement to Thor. Plus, I actually think his costume looks fine. The MB is one of the most underrated in the BD line IMO, so I'm sure BD would do a good job with the FS.

Achiever
01-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Every good hero needs a good villian? Well then, what's up with no KLAW for Black Panther?!?!?!?!?!!?

Brian R.
01-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Every good hero needs a good villian? Well then, what's up with no KLAW for Black Panther?!?!?!?!?!!?

Exactly, plus a Whirlwind for Hank Pym, Dormammu for Doc Strange, and a Crimson Dynamo for Iron Man. We've apparently got a Tiger Shark for Namor coming, so that's a step in the right direction.

Achiever
01-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Exactly, plus a Whirlwind for Hank Pym, Dormammu for Doc Strange, and a Crimson Dynamo for Iron Man. We've apparently got a Tiger Shark for Namor coming, so that's a step in the right direction.

Yes, I suppose. Baby steps...

Alex655321
01-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I think Loki would look great as a FS:buttrock:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/alex655321_2006/Reference%20Art/Loki_asgard.jpg

pmpknface
01-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Good one Alex! Yeah, Loki is one of the core, old-school villians who's a MAJOR dude still not done. It'll happen eventually.

SD RUM
01-18-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm all for villains. Bring them all on. Here are a few I would like to see...The Brotherhood, Radioactive Man, Morg and Stryfe.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/eko29/Marvel%20Universe/800px-Brotherhood_of_Evil_Mutants.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/eko29/Marvel%20Universe/400px-Radioactiveman.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/eko29/Marvel%20Universe/Morg_002.jpg
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o209/eko29/Marvel%20Universe/Stryfe_002.jpg

SD RUM
01-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Bring on a FS Loki too and bust the dreaded Dormammu!!!

Deadpool
01-18-2007, 01:07 PM
KURSE!!!

For my Boy Primal!!!! :buttrock:

BadLuv
01-18-2007, 01:16 PM
I think Loki would look great as a FS:buttrock:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/alex655321_2006/Reference%20Art/Loki_asgard.jpg

Damn, I wish the MB looked that good. If a FS ever get's produced it should look like this. :buttrock:

High Lord Apocalypse
01-18-2007, 01:24 PM
mandarin

pmpknface
01-18-2007, 01:44 PM
madarin
Well, he's happening at least.

MKS
01-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Dormammu is a must

ant-man
01-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Dormammu is a must

agreed...he is a MUST FS of course...Klaw as well...FS...:buttrock:

The Watcher
01-18-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm really looking forward to a FS Loki statue. He'll look great next to the FS Thor statue or in a FS classic villain display (Loki, Red Skull, Dr. Doom, Magneto, etc.).

The quality of statues in phase II and III are better than they were in phase I, so maybe the delay is a good thing for Loki and Dormammu fans.

Makkari1
01-18-2007, 03:38 PM
A full size Destroyer is needed to compliment the new Thor thats comming out. Loki may be a Thor villian, but he has to use The Destroyer to try and kill or defeat Thor.:) So Randy make a FS Destroyer especially after how well the MB did last year winning the poll "Best MB for 2006". Not bad for a not so famous character, huh :buttrock:

Grumpy
01-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I totally agree with the fact that there should be an arch enemy for every hero. Cap has his Red Skull, Thor absolutely needs Loki, Klaw for Black Panther, Dormammu for Doc Strange but who are the arch enemies for Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision (Ultron?), Black Widow, or Punisher? For that matter, we have statues of Thanos and Juggernaut for example. Who are their arch heroes? Other than himself, who's the arch enemy of Deadpool?

Makkari1
01-18-2007, 05:12 PM
I totally agree with the fact that there should be an arch enemy for every hero. Cap has his Red Skull, Thor absolutely needs Loki, Klaw for Black Panther, Dormammu for Doc Strange but who are the arch enemies for Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision (Ultron?), Black Widow, or Punisher? For that matter, we have statues of Thanos and Juggernaut for example. Who are their arch heroes? Other than himself, who's the arch enemy of Deadpool?

For Thanos it would be either all of the Avengers or The Silver Surfer. As for Juggs I would think that all of the X-men would face him. Either one of these guys are team beaters.

GoldNova
01-18-2007, 06:13 PM
I won't argue with the need for a Klaw bust. He's definitely on my want list.

But I do not agree with the notion that he's the Panther's arch-enemy. And not Man-Ape either (another bust-able character). If you want the defining Black Panther villain, you need to go to his first series in Jungle Action. Erik Killmonger is in my opinion the ultimate Panther villain. T'Challa never beat him once in any of their encounters!!

jimbo5905
01-18-2007, 06:21 PM

Now you're talking!!! TESTIFY!!!!:buttrock: :buttrock:

jimbo5905
01-18-2007, 06:26 PM
agreed...he is a MUST FS of course...Klaw as well...FS...:buttrock:

Oh, Randy....are you watching this??? The support for KLAW, Master of Sound, in fs or mb form is continuing to grow.....give us what we want.....please!!!
KLAW KLAW KLAW KLAW

The Fog
01-18-2007, 10:09 PM
FS GRIM REAPER, with the Chrome Scythe.
KLAW would be cool too, mb only for me.

SeegRooster
01-19-2007, 12:30 AM
How many times must I say it?
BULLSEYE!!!

boobhound
01-19-2007, 12:53 AM
I have been asking for Villains, lots more Villains.
Tigershark, Klaw, Man-Ape, Grim Reaper, Whirlwind, Wrecking Crew, Beetle, Venomm, Tarantula, Lightmaster, El Agulia, Orka, Krang, Radioactive Man, Sauron, Mesmero, Arcade, Black Queen, Kurse, Enchantress, Malekeith, Force, Blizzard, Sunturion, Batroc, classic Sabertooth, Zaran, Razorfist, Whiplash, Blacklash, Serpent Society, Spymaster, all of them!!!!!!!
We need them! And now all you guys are on board??? Well, it took awhile, but glad to have ya'll onboard!!!!! :buttrock:

deaconbluezzz
01-19-2007, 12:54 AM
...but who are the arch enemies for Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision (Ultron?), Black Widow, or Punisher?

To be honest, none of those guys are really 1st tier Marvel heroes, so I frankly couldn't care less about trying to figure out who their "arch-enemys" are. I'd prefer Randy not even start down the path of making FS villain statues except for the very upper-echelon of bad guys. In other words, the bete noire of Marvel's A-list.

Loki and Bullseye would definately make that list. As would Doc Ock, the Abomination, the Mandarin, and Mephisto.

Klaw...ummm...not so much.

boobhound
01-19-2007, 01:37 AM
To be honest, none of those guys are really 1st tier Marvel heroes, so I frankly couldn't care less about trying to figure out who their "arch-enemys" are. I'd prefer Randy not even start down the path of making FS villain statues except for the very upper-echelon of bad guys. In other words, the bete noire of Marvel's A-list.

Loki and Bullseye would definately make that list. As would Doc Ock, the Abomination, the Mandarin, and Mephisto.

While I realize that most of this thread is talking about Full-Size. I gotta disagree Deacon, I believe that 1st tier all the way to 10 th tier characters should be done. There are alot of us that love the obscure characters and are waiting for them!!

Grumpy
01-19-2007, 11:52 AM

Once again, you prove the point that opinions are just like a$$holes, everybody has one. Thanks for sharing yours.

deaconbluezzz
01-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Once again, you prove the point that opinions are just like a$$holes, everybody has one. Thanks for sharing yours.

Wow.

Just giving my opinion, which is what I thought this board was about. No need to go and be a d!ck.

ant-man
01-19-2007, 12:28 PM

Damn...no need to be nasty....:(

Achiever
01-19-2007, 03:23 PM
How many times must I say it?
BULLSEYE!!!

Well, judging from your post count, I'd say you've only said it about 9 times. That's not enough!!!:)

erock16
01-19-2007, 03:33 PM
:buttrock: Where is the love for the silver samuri

Zemo55
01-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Bring on a FS Loki too and bust the dreaded Dormammu!!!

Loki Fs :buttrock: Dormammu MB or FS :buttrock: :buttrock:

Then we need Enchantress FS and Clea MB and Baron Mordo MB.

Zemo55
01-19-2007, 03:55 PM

A FS Mandarin is a great idea! And Doc Ock is a must!

JDH
01-19-2007, 04:01 PM

Too late, with some of the bad guys that have been done, alas.

So, just checkng, no Trickshot statue to go with Hawkeye on your shelf huh?;)

deaconbluezzz
01-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Too late, with some of the bad guys that have been done, alas.

So, just checkng, no Trickshot statue to go with Hawkeye on your shelf huh?;)

Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem with going whole-hog making MB's of various super-villains, I'm just saying that there are plenty of heroes left to do...I don't want to get mired down in making FS statues of bad guys.

JDH
01-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem with going whole-hog making MB's of various super-villains, I'm just saying that there are plenty of heroes left to do...I don't want to get mired down in making FS statues of bad guys.

You know me, I have one villain statue and that's it. Only other one I'd buy would be Mephisto. I used to toy with being potentially interested in the 'Bring On...' statue set, but Red Skull's wrong costume killed my interest and I never liked the Abomination character anyway. So it's 'Bring on' busts only for my display. For me, villains and team members get in the way of the glorious 60s, 70s and 80s heroes who held their own titles, or significant anthology runs. They are the real magic of the BD Marvel collection, but have really fallen by the wayside recently, particularly in bust form. A shame.

deaconbluezzz
01-19-2007, 04:53 PM
You know me, I have one villain statue and that's it. Only other one I'd buy would be Mephisto. I used to toy with being potentially interested in the 'Bring On...' statue set, but Red Skull's wrong costume killed my interest and I never liked the Abomination character anyway. So it's 'Bring on' busts only for my display. For me, villains and team members get in the way of the glorious 60s, 70s and 80s heroes who held their own titles, or significant anthology runs. They are the real magic of the BD Marvel collection, but have really fallen by the wayside recently, particularly in bust form. A shame.

I agree about the Red Skull FS...that (and the realization that we will most likely never see a FS Dormammu) took the wind out of my sails regarding a BoTBG cover recreation.

Take heart though jdh, the classic Wasp bust was a nice nod to Marvel's silver age, and perhaps a precursor to an upcoming Full Size Ant-Man statue...that Randy mysteriously refuses to comment on :peoples:

JDH
01-19-2007, 05:37 PM
Take heart though jdh, the classic Wasp bust was a nice nod to Marvel's silver age, and perhaps a precursor to an upcoming Full Size Ant-Man statue...that Randy mysteriously refuses to comment on :peoples:

Apart from in Captain America polls...

Fingers crossed we'll see Hank and Jan with legs (and at least a Dreadly Dormie bust) by the time Big Bertha breaks into song on the whole BD line.

deaconbluezzz
01-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Apart from in Captain America polls...

Fingers crossed we'll see Hank and Jan with legs (and at least a Dreadly Dormie bust) by the time Big Bertha breaks into song on the whole BD line.

Hmmmm...

In the past, Randy had always asked for the mods to whip up a poll for him...so I wasn't certain if that was his option, or just someone else being a wisea$$ ;)

I've said this before so often that I'm getting tired of it myself, but with all the various and sundry Pym busts Randy has sculpted, I'm sure he himself must be chomping at the bit to give us a FS. And wouldn't the modern/classic Wasp busts look nice paired up with a Yellowjacket/Ant-Man FS pair of statues? :thumbs2:

JDH
01-19-2007, 06:10 PM
I might be wrong, but as far as I know Randy has cracked the polls.

Walrus
01-19-2007, 06:16 PM
A Yellowjacket variant would be a great addition to the Antman FS that must be done. There is a complete FS Bowen Avenger display out there in our future, I know it. The question is... how far?

deaconbluezzz
01-19-2007, 06:55 PM
A Yellowjacket variant would be a great addition to the Antman FS that must be done. There is a complete FS Bowen Avenger display out there in our future, I know it. The question is... how far?

I can understand the size restrictions on a Giant-Man/Goliath statue, so Ant-Man/Yellowjacket would be just fine with me! All I'm hoping for is the aforementioned item, the Wasp, Quicksilver, and Hercules...then my Avengers FS collection can call it a day.

lovemunkey187
01-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Madam Hydra, with the skull/tentacle emblem as the base:buttrock:
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6972/mh22su.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6452/mh227nn.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

A couple of Hydra agents would be mighty cool as well.

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Madam Hydra, with the skull/tentacle emblem as the base:buttrock:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6452/mh227nn.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

A couple of Hydra agents would be mighty cool as well.

Now THAT would be a hot statue, and a perfect companion to not only the Nick Fury FS statue, but Spider-Woman as well!