http://www.bowendesigns.com/page_sub.asp?id=2

Looks Good....

sincity
01-19-2007, 08:32 PM
any idea who sculpted this one?

Brian R.
01-19-2007, 08:37 PM
any idea who sculpted this one?

Randy sculpted a new head onto the older Rocco Tartamella sculpted body (from a couple of years ago). This looks great by the way. I can hardly wait! One tiny question: I always thought Hercs costume was more orange than brown. Either way, this is a must have for me.:buttrock:

Stooby87
01-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Looks good. Can't wait to get it.

heirtoasguard
01-19-2007, 08:46 PM
looks good. now get rid of those other old sneek peeks that has been there for years.

Jesse321
01-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Looks good but the skin tones look a bit yellow, maybe all that drinking that Herc is so famous for has finally effected his liver functions?

Fannymac
01-19-2007, 08:47 PM
Randy sculpted a new head onto the older Rocco Tartamella sculpted body (from a couple of years ago). This looks great by the way. I can hardly wait! One tiny question: I always thought Hercs costume was more orange than brown. Either way, this is a must have for me.:buttrock:

Very true - the sash should be orange with a green boarder!

The only other change I would make would be to go with a tan color on the head piece and more of a chestnut brown for the hair - Herc's hair was much lighter than depicted here!

Either way, though, can't WAIT to add this to the Avengers collection - it will look SWEET!!!!!

HoldyourfireAl
01-19-2007, 08:54 PM
I've loved Herc since the 2 Bob Layton mini-series from years ago! When he tried to get Galactus drunk or slip him a mickie was the best!

jimbo5905
01-19-2007, 08:59 PM

Agreed....I also was under the impression that the Marvel Herc had brown hair, unless I'm mistaken and there is more than one Hercules running around the Marvel Universe....this is the Herc formerly of the Avengers, correct???:confused:

tigertank1225
01-19-2007, 09:11 PM
very nice job on the muscularity, can not wait to put him with the other avenger's.

deaconbluezzz
01-19-2007, 09:13 PM
Wow.

That is so much better than I expected it to be...the musculature in particular looks fantastic!

imthkman
01-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Can't wait until he's released. The more Avengers, the better!!! :buttrock:

stevex2
01-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Very true - the sash should be orange with a green boarder!

The only other change I would make would be to go with a tan color on the head piece and more of a chestnut brown for the hair - Herc's hair was much lighter than depicted here!

Either way, though, can't WAIT to add this to the Avengers collection - it will look SWEET!!!!!

This was my first thoght also. Need to adjust the colors before production.

Alex655321
01-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Looks pretty good:thumbs2:

JavOner
01-19-2007, 09:38 PM
I like it cant wait to add it to the collection. Now get to painting the Iron man mb's.

Mastermold
01-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Still looks like Freddie Mercury to me:

http://www.rockmusic.org/queen/fotos/freddie/freddie%20mercury%2035.jpg

Foord
01-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Nah, that's Blue Steel, isn't it?

armitage
01-19-2007, 10:18 PM
I like the other one better.

Underdog07
01-19-2007, 10:21 PM
I was going to pass based on the unpainted, but this has changed my mind. I will be adding him to my Avengers collection.

randy bowen
01-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Looks good but the skin tones look a bit yellow, maybe all that drinking that Herc is so famous for has finally effected his liver functions?

Don't trust the digital from our crappy old camera. in person he looks sun tanned.

randy bowen
01-19-2007, 10:30 PM

Correct. I sculpted a new head, and did a lot of tweaking on the muscles on the upper body. I also cut him at the wrists and added about 1/4' the the forearm leangth and added wrist bands.

Someone will post comp. shots soon enough I'm sure.

The colors still need to be tweaked as well.

lord odin
01-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Still looks like Freddie Mercury to me:

http://www.rockmusic.org/queen/fotos/freddie/freddie%20mercury%2035.jpg
Well he was a member of the champions and now he`s being hunted in civil war.

I've paid my dues -
Time after time -
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face -
But I've come through

We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions - of the world -

galactus
01-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Correct. I sculpted a new head, and did a lot of tweaking on the muscles on the upper body. I also cut him at the wrists and added about 1/4' the the forearm leangth and added wrist bands.

Someone will post comp. shots soon enough I'm sure.

The colors still need to be tweaked as well.

I notice the hair and beard colors are suspiciously close to yours, perhaps a subconcious "slip" on the painters part??? :laugh:

imthkman
01-19-2007, 10:38 PM
G, that avatar is some scary work. I hope that character never graces sculpting clay. :laugh:

CKinSD
01-19-2007, 10:39 PM
he looks pretty cool. nice work

Avenger
01-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Looks great. Another one for my Avengers shelf. Now how about that Black Knight. :D

spider-man
01-19-2007, 10:46 PM
looks awesome! I'll be picking this one up.

galactus
01-19-2007, 10:50 PM
G, that avatar is some scary work. I hope that character never graces sculpting clay. :laugh:

I hear that, it's bad enough to look at on the few occasions I run into it, god knows I wouldn't want it on display in my home!!! :confused2

bat_collector
01-19-2007, 10:52 PM
ugliest. avatar. ever

batman1180
01-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Looks good. Ill pick this up.

patrickwm68
01-19-2007, 11:19 PM
Is it me or does the face look a little bit like Randy?

Equinox24
01-19-2007, 11:24 PM
I like the Herc MB. Base is ok. Wouldn't have minded seeing a lion on the base since he is the Lion of Olympus. I know there are lions on the Captain Britain MB's. But maybe a lion on the Herc base could've been roaring.

Still looks good though.

lord odin
01-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Looks good but i`ll pass FS is enough.

claws181
01-19-2007, 11:29 PM
This looks SWEET!!!!!

Brian R.
01-19-2007, 11:31 PM
I like the Herc MB. Base is ok. Wouldn't have minded seeing a lion on the base since he is the Lion of Olympus. I know there are lions on the Captain Britain MB's. But maybe a lion on the Herc base could've been roaring.

Still looks good though.

The base is Herc's mace. Totally fits with the bust, although a lion would have been cool on his belt buckle, like it was when he first appeared in Avengers.

MKS
01-19-2007, 11:33 PM
I think this looks great - much better than I expected, especially for a bust I didn't really care about. I'll be glad to add it to the collection.

riderV3
01-19-2007, 11:34 PM
It's an okay bust, base is kinda plain, but okay.
The best part of the outfit is the leg bands but too bad it's a bust, no legs...

rychehitman
01-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Glad to see HErcules made it out of limbo!

Looks like a great addition!

I agree...how about that Black Knight mb?

Endless Wake
01-20-2007, 12:41 AM
Took a shot at the colors.
Herc changed outfits as much as the Wasp;
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/Avengers/hercules/hercules.htm

I based these colors off the cover below.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/endlesswake/herccolors.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/endlesswake/marvel-cover-gallery-5-200503241109.jpg
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/endlesswake/herckirby.jpg

el stinkfoot
01-20-2007, 01:19 AM
The face is all wrong. Really wanted a Herc to go with Thor but this aint it.

phnx75
01-20-2007, 01:29 AM
I love it and with a few of those paint mods it should be even better. :)

boobhound
01-20-2007, 01:36 AM
I like it and will buy it to go along with my display, but..............Well, it's off! Paint colors aren't right. And the base/bust isn't ''lining-up''. It's crooked or sumpthin. Like I said, I like it, don't love it. But, I will buy it to put on my display. And, that's all I have to say about it. :confused2

Tony Coca
01-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Hey its Metro Sexual Herc.Werent we told the face would look better painted.:thumbsdow

boobhound
01-20-2007, 01:48 AM
Hey its Metro Sexual Herc.Werent we told the face would look better painted.:thumbsdow
And we waited what like 2 years for this?????

Tony Coca
01-20-2007, 01:50 AM
And we waited what like 2 years for this?????

I think it was longer then that.

Cue in the womp womp music.

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 02:02 AM
Given the fact that I thought the sculpt that was sneaked all those months ago looked awful, I'm pleasantly surprised with what we've seen. It beats the crap out of Gladiator and Havok.

I'll admit the base needs some toning up, and the colours may need adjusting, but just why is this so bad?

Tony Coca
01-20-2007, 02:05 AM
Given the fact that I thought the sculpt that was sneaked all those months ago looked awful, I'm pleasantly surprised with what we've seen. It beats the crap out of Gladiator and Havok.

I'll admit the base needs some toning up, and the colours may need adjusting, but just why is this so bad?

besides the things you mentioned,The new Head.

boobhound
01-20-2007, 02:06 AM

With over 2 years wait. This should be the best d@mn bust ever shown by Bowendesigns. And with paint colors off and bust base, bust it's self being ''off'' it ain't! :thumbsdow

Mastermold
01-20-2007, 02:06 AM

The upper lip needs to be smaller -- I think that's what says Freddie about it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/joefixit/freddie20mercury2035.jpg

Tony Coca
01-20-2007, 02:08 AM
With over 2 years wait. This should be the best d@mn bust ever shown by Bowendesigns. And with paint colors off and bust base, bust it's self being ''off'' it ain't! :thumbsdow

Dont get to mad Boob,its just the Noser in him.:laugh:

boobhound
01-20-2007, 02:13 AM
Dont get to mad Boob,its just the Noser in him.:laugh:
Oh, I'm not mad.............just severly disappointed!
I mean, you're right it's been longer than 2 years and for what? A naked torso of a Greek? god. Or is it Roman? Anyways, he doesn't have a complex costume or nothing he's naked!!! And we waited patiently, well ok we waited. For over 2 years!!!! And this is what we get? For $50.00, we get a ''off kilter'', bad paint color, just mediocre bust!
Again, not mad. Just disappointed.

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 02:28 AM

The reason it was a two year wait isn't because two years worth of research and development was being put into it...it was because Hercules really ain't that important. Aside from a short stint in the Avengers, a membership in the lamest group Marvel ever created (until X-Force), and a 4 issue mini-series...what the Hell has he done?

Nothing.

Oh, and furthermore...

I'm not a "noser" (what a wonderful term by the way...it was almost funny the first time I heard it used here, and it just keeps...gettin'...funnier every time, pat yourselves on the back folks). If I were, I wouldn't have come on here saying how bad the last few pieces (Havok, Gladiator, Rhino) have looked.

...and the first sculpted head looked like something a monkey flung at a wall.

lord odin
01-20-2007, 02:32 AM
The reason it was a two year wait isn't because two years worth of research and development was being put into it...it was because Hercules really ain't that important. Aside from a short stint in the Avengers, a membership in the lamest group Marvel ever created (until X-Force), and a 4 issue mini-series...what the Hell has he done?

Nothing.

Oh, and furthermore...

I'm not a "noser" (what a wonderful term by the way...it was almost funny the first time I heard it used here, and it just keeps...gettin'...funnier every time, pat yourselves on the back folks). If I were, I wouldn't have come on here saying how bad the last few pieces (Havok, Gladiator, Rhino) have looked.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/taxx10/lottie.jpg

Tony Coca
01-20-2007, 02:34 AM

Nothing.

Oh, and furthermore...

Yeah and lame ass characters like Prowler,Rawhide Kid are.

Yeah but after youve said those comments the words out of your mouth are "I'll still have it in my collection".So that does make you a noser knowing the piece looks bad and still getting it cause it has the Bowen name attached to it.

And as for the original face looking like a monkey flung it at a wall,you should go and have your eyes checked at Pearl Vision.It might have needed some minor tweaks but it sure as hell looked better then the new one.

lord odin
01-20-2007, 02:36 AM

Yeah but after youve said those comments the words out of your mouth are "I'll still have it in my collection".So that does make you a noser knowing the piece looks bad and still getting it cause it has the Bowen name attached to it.

And as for the original face looking like a monkey flung it at a wall,you should go and have your eyes checked at Pearl Vision.It might have needed some minor tweaks but it sure as hell looked better then the new one.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/taxx10/hercules.jpg
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/taxx10/Hercules20proto2.jpg

armitage
01-20-2007, 02:38 AM
I disagree with the "monkey poo" statement.
The first Herc preview was perfect. So why the need to go back and futz with it??
Kinda pointless IMO. It was an incredible waste of time however.
I'm not belittling Randy's work, I just think well enough shoulda been left alone.

boobhound
01-20-2007, 02:39 AM

Nothing.

Oh, and furthermore...

Ok, to put things in perspective. I am not nor did I label anyone as a ''noser''. I have been called that before and didn't like it then or now!
Second, valid point. Hercules ain't really that important honestly. But, according to you if it ain't a very top tier character you don't care about it. Well, I have a 160 something character display that I have put alot of time and money into. And I work very hard for my dollar and I have waited for over 2 years for what I thought would be an excellent sculpt and it ain't!
I mean if I'd known it was going to look like this, I'd rather had it 2 years ago and would have seen something alot better hopefully today.
And, maybe next time it will be a character you like or have been wanting for a while say maybe a ANTMAN fs. And we'll see what you have to say about it then.

lord odin
01-20-2007, 02:40 AM
The first Herc preview was perfect. So why the need to go back and futz with it??
I'm not belittling Randy's work, I just think well enough shoulda been left alone.

This is about Hercules not Rawhide kid.

deaconbluezzz

Lame as he may be, Rawhide Kid had 135 issues of his own title in the 60's...Hercules had how many?

Furthermore, I said it was better than I expected, NOT that it has obvious flaws but I'm still buying it. I never said I was gonna buy it...so who's eyes need checking, hmmmmm?

Oh, and thanks for the reminder Odin...it looks just as bad as I remembered :thumbs2:

Tony Coca

Yeah there has been too many pieces that have gotten head resculpts and the second head has done nothing for the piece but make the character look off.

boobhound
01-20-2007, 02:42 AM
Agreed. I don't mean it to sound like I'm doing that either. IMO, it was perfect the first time and to draw it out over 2 years?? And this is what we get?

armitage
01-20-2007, 02:43 AM
This is about Hercules not Rawhide kid.

That's what I'm talking about!:confused:
Either way....1st head sculpt=good....... 2nd attempt not so good.

If they really wanted to rework a head, it shoulda been Havoks.

Doctor Pym
01-20-2007, 02:44 AM
I never liked the way the musculature looked in the Tartamella sculpt sneaked originally... it looked like an also-ran bodybuilder, but it didn't look like Hercules. Randy's tweak on the upper-body proportions made Hercules look more like an Olympian demigod.

IMO, Hercules looks more distinctive with a fuller beard, but I can go with this version. I've already got the Koma Designs 1/6th Hercules (and the Hard Hero Hercules FS on the way) with a full-bearded Herc, so this one will be a nice departure. And with orange instead of brown on the costume, it will look great.

Thanks for making the Hercules MB a reality! The Avengers collection wouldn't be complete without him.

lord odin
01-20-2007, 02:45 AM
Yeah there has been too many pieces that have gotten head resculpts and the second head has done nothing for the piece but make the character look off.

I like a little head in a mint box.:tounge:

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 02:46 AM
*GASP*

I just realized that I've spent 30 minutes of my life in a discussion about the quality of a Hercules mini-bust!! This is somewhat akin to arguing the artistic and sociological impact of the latest Bon Jovi CD...

I must be more tired than I thought...ZZZzzzzzzzz

lord odin
01-20-2007, 02:46 AM
That's what I'm talking about!:confused:
Either way....1st head sculpt=good....... 2nd attempt not so good.

I was being sarcastic silly.:tounge:
You could just have easily been talking about RK.

armitage
01-20-2007, 02:51 AM
I was being sarcastic silly.:tounge:
You could just have easily been talking about RK.

Ahh!" I see now" said the blind man.
Too much coffee for me this evening...having troubles maintaining my attention span.

boobhound
01-20-2007, 02:55 AM
*GASP*

I just realized that I've spent 30 minutes of my life in a discussion about the quality of a Hercules mini-bust!! This is somewhat akin to arguing the artistic and sociological impact of the latest Bon Jovi CD...

I must be more tired than I thought...ZZZzzzzzzzz
Well.........you did ask what was so bad about it.

Endless Wake
01-20-2007, 03:32 AM
Variant? Who said variant? You guys want a variant? ok.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/endlesswake/hercvariant.jpg

Gangleri
01-20-2007, 03:51 AM
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=40752&page=4&highlight=steve+reeves

Found this from RB in the above thread ---

"Wait for paint...I was influenced by the old Steve Reeves look. (very close cropped beard).

Some have mentioned that the Herc. bust is not all that different from the original. That's because it is Rocco's bust with a new head and some anatomy tweaks."

----

While it's not exactly a copy of the art from Champions #1 (how I plan to display) I enjoy the fact that the bust gives a nod to the Movie Hercules (Reeves) but uses elements of the "Marvel" depiction of the character.

That said .... I hope BD gives those of you unhappy with the modifications a
chance to purchase the earlier sculpt.

I know how you feel ... I hope Randy considers doing a Perez style Beast mb. After seeing the FS I wish they had offered that option when doing the original mini-bust. Can always hope for a revisit for the Beast and they offer the option now with Hercules.

Tony Coca
01-20-2007, 04:03 AM

If I see you at the Con Im going to hit you.:stick:

Tattoo-X
01-20-2007, 04:21 AM
Ah, that looks much better.:thumbs2:
The painted one posted on the Bowen site, that is.

rychehitman
01-20-2007, 09:14 AM

that looks fantastic!:buttrock:

randy bowen
01-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Oh, I'm not mad.............just severly disappointed!
I mean, you're right it's been longer than 2 years and for what? A naked torso of a Greek? god. Or is it Roman? Anyways, he doesn't have a complex costume or nothing he's naked!!! And we waited patiently, well ok we waited. For over 2 years!!!! And this is what we get? For $50.00, we get a ''off kilter'', bad paint color, just mediocre bust!
Again, not mad. Just disappointed.

This bust is a prototype. The off-kilter part is easily remedied, as is the paint.

JDH
01-20-2007, 09:31 AM
Looks superb - once the brown parts go orange, and if it was possible to get that Lion of Olympus belt buckle instead, it would be perfect. The head sculpt is bang on.

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 09:36 AM
This bust is a prototype. The off-kilter part is easily remedied, as is the paint.

I know it's a minor point, but adding some length to the arms made a huge difference...good call! Aside from toning up the base a bit, and perhaps going a bit more orange on the brown areas, I wouldn't change a thing. Massive improvement over the initial prototype IMO.

MaxGoof
01-20-2007, 09:36 AM
So Randy, is there any chance of Rocco's original head being released as a club variant for those who want it? Herc is an important enough and popular enough character that a run of 600 or whatever for a variant would sell with no problems. I've never had anything but love and praise for your other sculpts, but the head we have now is -NOT- Marvel's Hercules. After waiting 3 years from the initial Herc sneak peek, it's a huge let-down to get this stoic-looking representation of the character.

rychehitman
01-20-2007, 09:38 AM
I agree that Rocco's head was a better representation, but really would rather not have a variant, just the original head put back on. The smirk was a defining part of the sculpt and represented the character well.

galactus
01-20-2007, 09:40 AM
How about a drunken faced Hercules variant with Beer Mug base :thumbs2:

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 09:40 AM
Looks superb - once the brown parts go orange, and if it was possible to get that Lion of Olympus belt buckle instead, it would be perfect. The head sculpt is bang on.

Amen. I'm stunned that there is any negative feedback on the facial sculpt...the improvement is undeniable. Unless, of course, you are part of the contingent that is so hooked on the previous mini-series that you prefer Hercules as a drunken goofball.

galactus
01-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Amen. I'm stunned that there is any negative feedback on the facial sculpt...the improvement is undeniable. Unless, of course, you are part of the contingent that is so hooked on the previous mini-series that you prefer Hercules as a drunken goofball.

See my post above yours :buttrock:

In all honesty, I just think that some people associate Herc as being semi-self absorbed as well as a joker, so a little smirk is sort of a trademark for him. Both faces look fine, I guess it's just the expression on the first version that some people appreciate.

Primal
01-20-2007, 10:36 AM
How about a drunken faced Hercules variant with Beer Mug base :thumbs2:

Was he drunk here? :laugh:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5945/174943560ii.jpg

Endless Wake
01-20-2007, 10:54 AM
Base is fine. Randy's head sculpt is much better, a smile would have been great though (no smirk).

Endless Wake
01-20-2007, 10:57 AM
If I see you at the Con Im going to hit you.:stick:
I'll hide from you by putting on a pair of glasses, its fool proof.

MaxGoof
01-20-2007, 11:06 AM
I agree that Rocco's head was a better representation, but really would rather not have a variant, just the original head put back on. The smirk was a defining part of the sculpt and represented the character well.

What's the problem with a variant? People who prefer either head get what they want, and let's be realistic here: it'll sell. We're talking about a variant of Hercules, not Baron Blood. There are next to no "completists" left, so why not let everyone get what they want?

lord odin
01-20-2007, 11:09 AM
What's the problem with a variant? People who prefer either head get what they want, and let's be realistic here: it'll sell. We're talking about a variant of Hercules, not Baron Blood. There are next to no "completists" left, so why not let everyone get what they want?
Good point I don`t have a problem with it.

htwhlr
01-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Not my most favorite character but I like the bust.

Crom
01-20-2007, 02:59 PM
I like the changes, but I think I would personally prefer a slightly bigger beard. I understand the Reeves look, but I think the close beard takes away some of the power of the character. The only other thing I would recommend is making the base a bit shinier. The gold seems a bit dull. I know the eye should focus on theigure, not the base think it would help.

boobhound
01-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Ah, good then. I was really getting worried. And very sorry if it seemed like I was ''slamming'' your work. I was just speaking my mind. And very much was not ''slamming'' your work! Just BD to me has always been the ''top dog'' and I don't want it to ''slip into mediocrity''. :)

SD RUM
01-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Looks pretty good. I'll be getting one.

starbrand
01-22-2007, 02:53 PM

Im new to this board but ill voice my opinion as someone who was waiting for this bust and as a fan of the character.

Randy`s bust (or the tweaking of the original bust) is just better. And if not for other reasons, then for this one in the quote above.

Hercules as a drunken goofball, is on itself a letdown on the original character. And here ill let you decide "wich original". It can be the mythological one, or the Kirby one. You pick. People need to remind that Hercules a character is an archetype of the tragic hero. In neither the Kirby days, or even the ancient tales ones, he was the goofball that Marvel chosed to portray in latter years. Sure it adds comedy, and he also has it, but not in such an exageratted mode. Too much is too much.

We already have, pardon the expression: a Marvel Legends Hercules. As for me, i want one that convey his heroic bigger than life nature. And this one does it.

Nothing wrong with the first head sculpt. It just isent the better representation of Hercules to me. And thus i comend Randy to come with this solution. And because i dont want to look like im selling Rocco short here (only his decision of the sculpt) im showing the other Herc bust im trying to get my hands on:

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/8885.shtml

Wich, by the way besides being marvelous (heh) gives the same heroic feeling.

starbrand
01-22-2007, 03:03 PM

Im new to this board but ill voice my opinion as someone who was waiting for this bust and as a fan of the character.

Randy`s bust (or the tweaking of the original bust) is just better. And if not for other reasons, then for this one in the quote above. Hercules as a drunken goofball, is on itself a letdown on the original character. Stan and kirby cleary understood that and didnt went that route. People need to remind that Hercules a character is an archetype of the tragic hero. In neither the ancient tales or even the Kirby days, he was the goofball that Marvel chosed to portray in latter years. Sure it adds comedy, and he also has it, but not in such an exageratted mode. Too much is too much. Hes starting to become a parody on itself.

We already have, pardon the expression.. a "Marvel Legends Hercules". As for me, i want one to convey his heroic bigger than life nature. And this one does it! Nothing wrong with the first head sculpt. It just isent the better representation of Hercules to me. Randy as far as im concerned has done a pretty good job so far. And because i dont want to seem like im taking a beef with Rocco, how about showing the other Herc bust that im trying to get my hands on..

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/8885.shtml

..Wich, by the way besides being marvelous (heh) gives the same heroic feeling.