PDA

View Full Version : Spidey villains

GET
01-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Hey guy's i know a lot you probably notice this by now, but why are the new spidey villains permanently attach to the base. it make the statues cheap lookin..Is this a new direction for BD? I like the peg idea you know.
I would prefer to attach the statue myself it adds a lil excitement
to mount it on even its just a quick second. My 2 cent...

The Watcher
01-20-2007, 05:52 AM
Welcome to the forum GET.

Another advantage to having a base that seperates from the statue is that it allows people to take the base to conventions in order to have it signed instead of having to lug the entire statue around all day.

Underdog07
01-20-2007, 06:17 AM
Another advantage to having a base that seperates from the statue is that it allows people to take the base to conventions in order to have it signed instead of having to lug the entire statue around all day.

Damn good idea. I've been strapping my Detolf to my back and carrying everything that why. :laugh:

Seriously, I am sure its just a co-incidence that it is happening for Spidey Villians. I like have the attached statue base, but Watcher does have a good point. Other then that though, I don't see any pros/cons to having a separate base.

Stooby87
01-20-2007, 06:55 AM
Wow, I did not know that is the reason why the base is separated from the statue.

lord odin
01-20-2007, 10:12 AM
I know statues that are attached have problems with broken/cracked ankles.
Cap/DD

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 10:13 AM
I always thought the reason statues started getting made seperately from the bases was due to the strain on the ankles while they're being shipped. I've heard too many horror stories about the old Cap, Thor, and Daredevil full-sizers re: broken ankles...all were made back in the early days as one piece.

SquiderM3
01-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Hey guy's i know a lot you probably notice this by now, but why are the new spidey villains permanently attach to the base. it make the statues cheap lookin..Is this a new direction for BD? I like the peg idea you know.
I would prefer to attach the statue myself it adds a lil excitement
to mount it on even its just a quick second. My 2 cent...

Cheap looking? How? I've had so many problems with pegs lining up that if every new statue comes in one piece, I'm a happy camper.

SD RUM
01-20-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm happy with either base as long as my FS comes out of the box with no damage.

Sleeper
01-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Villains like Rhino look good as a solid one piece attached to the base. Them thick ankles help him a great deal. Would like the thinner ankled villains come in the peg fashion, they just can't always hold it up in the moves.

Didn't know people got their statues signed though.