PDA

View Full Version : Hercules: What's your preference? (New painted pics of 1st sculpt now added)

randy bowen
01-20-2007, 11:09 AM
Based strictly on what you've see so far; which do you prefer?

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/statueforum/herc.jpg

http://www.bowendesigns.com/images/pagecontent/Hercules%20proto1.jpg

lord odin
01-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Both and this variant Hercules.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/taxx10/Willie_Lumpkin.jpg:buttrock:

Endless Wake
01-20-2007, 11:16 AM
I prefer the new sculpt by far. But I'm all for variants if it makes people happy.

The Hercs side by side;

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d100/endlesswake/hercsbyside.jpg

rychehitman
01-20-2007, 11:24 AM
both please.

One for an Avengers display, and one for the Champions display.

About that Champions display though.....can we get a Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider out of the deal?

Tony Coca
01-20-2007, 11:34 AM
rocco and vinnies.

ickwinzs
01-20-2007, 11:38 AM
how about the new body and R&v's head

bat_collector
01-20-2007, 11:41 AM
I llike the new one, maybe because its painted up

armitage
01-20-2007, 12:06 PM
I like the original head sculpt by far. And for those who don't.....well,you're obviously drunk.:laugh:

Primal
01-20-2007, 12:10 PM
New one.

The old one is a bit too stiff & the forearms are too short.

The head on the new needs to be a bit bigger though. But maybe that's because of the camera angle.

JDH
01-20-2007, 12:10 PM
No problem with two being released, but I vastly prefer the new version.

Jesse321
01-20-2007, 12:23 PM
I like both, but given the choice I would buy the original.

bat_collector
01-20-2007, 12:27 PM
I need to see the orignal painted up to make a decision

utappedout
01-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Both are good, but I'm a bit more partial to the original one.

MikeNegin
01-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I like the original! The head on the new on just seems off to me; It looks to small for the body and a bit on the "pretty" side; Hercules should have more of a rugged/hamsome look.

Jesse321
01-20-2007, 12:36 PM
I like the original! The head on the new on just seems off to me; It looks to small for the body and a bit on the "pretty" side; Hercules should have more of a rugged/hamsome look.Agreed :thumbs2:

Achiever
01-20-2007, 12:56 PM
I like the smirk on the original. Fits the character more. But the musculature on the body on the new one looks bigger and more defined. Those combined would be ideal.

Otherwise, just go with the new one. The face on it is still pretty good.

MaxGoof
01-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Could someone explain why virtually every reply is made by people preferring the original head, yet the new one is killing the original in the poll...? This seems questionable.

randy bowen
01-20-2007, 01:06 PM
I like the original! The head on the new on just seems off to me; It looks to small for the body and a bit on the "pretty" side; Hercules should have more of a rugged/hamsome look.

The digital camera that we're using, gives a distorted "fish eye" view when we shoot close-ups. People who saw the inital new Hulk (fs) digitals, and have seen the actual statue know what I'm talking about. He (Herc.) doesn't look as pin-headed in person.

Regardless, I have photos of a painted copy of the original Herc. bust that Jess is going to attempt to post. Stay tuned...

JadeGiant
01-20-2007, 01:10 PM
No problem with two being released, but I vastly prefer the new version.

ditto:thumbs2:

bat_collector
01-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Could someone explain why virtually every reply is made by people preferring the original head, yet the new one is killing the original in the poll...? This seems questionable.

vocal minority.

and as of right now 18 people want the orignal released vs 23 that only want the tweaked one. not exactly a blow out

Jesse321
01-20-2007, 01:17 PM
Regardless, I have photos of a painted copy of the original Herc. bust that Jess is going to attempt to post. Stay tuned...Cool, that way we can compare apples to apples.

Now about that Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider and Darkstar to finish off the Champions line up ... when are we getting those again? :D

bat_collector
01-20-2007, 01:20 PM
we should also close the thread and restart the poll. painted pics may make a big difference

BillyPilgrim
01-20-2007, 01:21 PM
I agree with a previous post that the new head seems a bit small for the body. I like the head it reminds me Jason and the Argonauts however, not hercules.

JDH
01-20-2007, 01:22 PM
New pics from Randy:

JDH
01-20-2007, 01:23 PM
New pictures only confirm for me how superior the tweaked version is.

armitage
01-20-2007, 01:24 PM
I don't think this does the sculpt any justice.
Maybe it's just the pics?!?

bat_collector
01-20-2007, 01:26 PM
come on jess, the difference in the quality of the painters is a mile wide

still not apples to apples

armitage
01-20-2007, 01:27 PM

still not apples to apples

:laugh:
My sentiments exactly.

workingdog
01-20-2007, 01:29 PM
how about the new body and R&v's head

I like this idea!

Jesse321
01-20-2007, 01:30 PM

still not apples to applesNot ONLY the painter (who made the piece look like a DRAG QUEEN body builder!), but the sculpt is still VERY rough, it should never have even been painted at that stage in the first place!

This is a load of garbage!

bat_collector
01-20-2007, 01:30 PM
and it doesn't help the extreme close up of the terrible paint job make it worse

armitage
01-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Not ONLY the painter (who made the piece look like a DRAG QUEEN body builder!), but the sculpt is still VERY rough, it should never have even been painted at that stage in the first place!

Ditto!
And there couldn't be a stronger sales pitch for Randy's new Herc, than comparing these two.

randy bowen
01-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Not ONLY the painter (who made the piece look like a DRAG QUEEN body builder!), but the sculpt is still VERY rough, it should never have even been painted at that stage in the first place!

The original bust was painted at this stage because so many people seemed to like it. This was painted about 10 months ago.

Granted, this was the first time I used this particular painter, but to call his work garbage seems to be a little over the top.

At what stage should this have been painted?

randy bowen
01-20-2007, 01:41 PM
and it doesn't help the extreme close up of the terrible paint job make it worse

How should I have photographed it? Would you prefer a dimly lit long-shot?

randy bowen
01-20-2007, 01:42 PM
vocal minority.

and as of right now 18 people want the orignal released vs 23 that only want the tweaked one. not exactly a blow out

Huh? Where on the poll can I find that 18 people voted for the original? Did I miss something?

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 01:43 PM

Because just like in every other instance, the folks who are unhappy with a product are the only ones who voice an opinion. No one walks up to the counter at McDonald's to compliment them on a delicious burger.

Jesse321
01-20-2007, 01:43 PM
The original bust was painted at this stage because so many people seemed to like it. This was painted about 10 months ago.

Granted, this was the first time I used this particular painter, but to call his work garbage seems to be a little over the top.

At what stage should this have been painted?
How about when it was smoothed down, finished and ready for production? You can't seriously expect me (or anyone else) to believe that THIS was the piece you were sending to the factory to produce AS IS?

Over the top? Are you kidding me? I could have painted that bust better using my left foot and q-tips!

Come on Randy .. this paint up is a joke.

If this is what it's going to look like, then just release yours and be done with it.

JDH
01-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Jeez louise, all this over Hercules. Sheesh.

Alex655321
Because just like in every other instance, the folks who are unhappy with a product are the only ones who voice an opinion. No one walks up to the counter at McDonald's to compliment them on a delicious burger.

Good point deacon:thumbs2:

deaconbluezzz
Randy, just shut down the polls, go grab some lunch, and make the version you sneaked yesterday.

There are some folks here who will never, ever be satisfied with anything...don't give yourself an ulcer trying to appease them.

armitage
Randy! What if you made a fuller beard on yours, and made his face not so gaunt?
I think it would make all the difference.

armitage
01-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Randy, just shut down the polls, go grab some lunch, and make the version you sneaked yesterday.

There are some folks here who will never, ever be satisfied with anything...don't give yourself an ulcer trying to appease them.

I think Randy's concern for his customers happiness is very admirable. You don't see that in other companies. Maybe it's a pain in the @ss, but retaining customers by providing quality goods is the right thing to do.

randy bowen
01-20-2007, 01:49 PM
How about when it was smoothed down, finished and ready for production! You can't seriously expect me (or anyone else) to believe that THIS was the piece you were sending to the factory to produce AS IS?

Over the top? Are you kidding me? I could have painted that bust better using my left foot and q-tips!

What it boils down to is this: It takes me more time to smooth out and sand someone elses work, than it does to simply sculpt a new head. The changes I would have made would have greatly changed the original head anyway.

Regarding you calling someones work garbage: OK, you have your opinion. I didn't relaize that you were a professional painter. I just know that you've basically given the poor guy a punch in the gut with a comment like that.

You might choose something more constructive.

randy bowen
01-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Randy! What if you made a fuller beard on yours, and made his face not so gaunt?
I think it would make all the difference.

Create a poll and see if people want a fuller beard.

All I want to do is sell as many Hercules mb's as possible. If more people want the original bust, by all means this will make me happy.

ickwinzs
01-20-2007, 01:51 PM
your customers are sure a passionate Bunch!

Jesse321
01-20-2007, 01:51 PM
What it boils down to is this: It takes me more time to smooth out and sand someone elses work, than it does to simply sculpt a new head. The changes I would have made would have greatly changed the original head anyway.
Okay, then way bother with the original either way? Isn't it going to take the same amount of time to smooth it out now than I would have then?

I guess I'm not understanding this.

OK, you have your opinion. I didn't relaize that you were a professional painter.I never said that I was, but I also wasn't aware that you needed anything beyond reasonably acute vision to tell a good paint job from a bad one .. and with all due respect, the distinction here is ridiculously obvious. :peoples:

JDH
01-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I much prefer the neatly cropped beard. The fuller beard is one of the worst things about the first one.

randy bowen
01-20-2007, 01:52 PM

No ulcer here pal :)

- I'm going to be taking off in a few minutes to take my daughter to a dog show. I simply thought it might help to illustrate my decision process if the folks got to see what I'm seeing.

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 01:53 PM

Regarding you calling someones work garbage: OK, you have your opinion. I didn't relaize that you were a professional painter. I just know that you've basically given the poor guy a punch in the gut with a comment like that.

Jesse? Constructive criticism? You have read this board before, right Randy? After all, of all the people here (and don't take this personal, I like you Jesse), he is pretty much the King of histrionic reactions :)

bat_collector
01-20-2007, 01:54 PM
lets get back on topic

some of us like both versions of the hercules, and if there is a market, randy wants to sell both

so, is there a market for both?

Jesse321
01-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Jesse? Constructive criticism? You have read this board before, right Randy? After all, of all the people here (and don't take this personal, I like you Jesse), he is pretty much the King of histrionic reactions :)Whatever .. this is so pitiful, it's actually funny. :laugh:

randy bowen
01-20-2007, 01:56 PM
Okay, then way bother with the original either way? Isn't it going to take the same amount of time to smooth it out now than I would have then?

I guess I'm not understanding this.

I'm not understanding your misunderstanding. Not all 'tweaks' are about the surface finish. It goes far beyond that.

In many cases there are extensive 'tweaks' to sculptures that no one even catches.

Sam Wilson
01-20-2007, 01:56 PM
I think it's funny that people who don't care about Hercules are some of the most vocal opponents of this paint job. I never understood why someone feels that they are so important they MUST sound off on everything, even if it is meaningless to them. Oh well, like assholes, everyone has an opinion I guess.

tigertank1225
01-20-2007, 01:57 PM
randy, i would love to have both. than i can put one with my avengers bust's. than the other with the champions. i am sure most of the people on this forum would agree with me. i would take the one most people like make 2000. than the other for club members. this would sell!!!!!!

randy bowen
01-20-2007, 01:59 PM
I think it's funny that people who don't care about Hercules are some of the most vocal opponents of this paint job. I never understood why someone feels that they are so important they MUST sound off on everything, even if it is meaningless to them. Oh well, like assholes, everyone has an opinion I guess.

word

(let's go for pie next time I'm in Atlanta):buttrock:

deaconbluezzz
I much prefer the neatly cropped beard. The fuller beard is one of the worst things about the first one.

jdh, being a silver age afficianado like myself, clearly pictures Herc the way he was back in the 60's, not the 70's/80's. Back then he had a very close-cropped beard as well.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1177563/1749_4_128.jpg

randy bowen
randy, i would love to have both. than i can put one with my avengers bust's. than the other with the champions. i am sure most of the people on this forum would agree with me. i would take the one most people like make 2000. than the other for club members. this would sell!!!!!!

If we did this- Would you prefer one over the other to have a lion buckle?

Endless Wake
01-20-2007, 02:00 PM
IF only one were to be made, I'd have to say Randy's version. It fits more in line with the previous BD busts. The smirk is characteristic of Herc but emotion in a bust is not necessary (HULK, Thor, Daredevil, Cap).

Sam Wilson
01-20-2007, 02:00 PM
word

(let's go for pie next time I'm in Atlanta):buttrock:

by pie I know you mean pie AND fried chicken. WORD...:DJsmile:

JDH
01-20-2007, 02:01 PM
If we did this- Would you prefer one over the other to have a lion buckle?

The classic,close cropped beard version!:)

deaconbluezzz
Whatever .. this is so pitiful, it's actually funny. :laugh:

Funny, but true. Be honest...when there's something you have an issue with on the board, you tend to go a bit...well...bugf*ck.

randy bowen
jdh, being a silver age afficianado like myself, clearly pictures Herc the way he was back in the 60's, not the 70's/80's. Back then he had a very close-cropped beard as well.

By the way- I read in an interview with Jack Kirby (looong ago) that Marvels Hercules was inspired by the Steve Reeves Hercules movies. This was part of the inspiration for my 'take' on the head.

William Paquet

Can I get in on this?

ummm....

word.

randy bowen
01-20-2007, 02:02 PM

Can I have a side of waffles with that?

Jesse321
Funny, but true. Be honest...when there something you have an issue with on the board, you tend to go a bit...well...bugf*ck.
Your right, and I'm not going to bother anymore. :)

randy bowen
Can I get in on this?

ummm....

word.

You're invited for pie as well William :)

Pogo4321
01-20-2007, 02:03 PM
The newer version looks more "polished" and the pics are much better.

I like the original and would buy it--would prefer it not be the exclusive.

William Paquet
01-20-2007, 02:04 PM

:thumbs2: :buttrock: :)

Sam Wilson
01-20-2007, 02:05 PM

and waffles. And friend chicken. And sweet tea. WORD indeed.

and maybe some pulled pork if there is time... :confused2

deaconbluezzz
Your right, and I'm not going to bother anymore. :)

LOL...no, you just go have your own made and tease us with it afterwards!

Jesse321
LOL...no, you just go have your own made and tease us with it afterwards!Not worth it.

William Paquet
01-20-2007, 02:06 PM
and waffles. And friend chicken. And sweet tea. WORD indeed.

and maybe some pulled pork if there is time... :confused2

There's always time for pulled pork.:)

tigertank1225
By the way- I read in an interview with Jack Kirby (looong ago) that Marvels Hercules was inspired by the Steve Reeves Hercules movies. This was part of the inspiration for my 'take' on the head.

i remember reading that also. look's alot like steve reeves.:thumbs2:

randy bowen
Thank goodness for pie. The universal peace maker.

Blessed are the pie makers, for they shall inherit the Earth.

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 02:08 PM

Yep, and it shows!

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1177563/Reeves.jpg

William Paquet
01-20-2007, 02:10 PM
Blessed are the pie makers, for they shall inherit the Earth.

Other than those which make mincemeat, who shall inherit gastrointestinal cramps, explosive diarreah, vomiting, etc...

JDH
01-20-2007, 02:13 PM
I'd love to see the new Herc sculpted by Randy sport the lion buckle!

As Randy's version more closely resembles the Kirby Herc, here's a shot of the King's depicton of the lion buckle of Olympus!

http://kirbymuseum.org/blogs/kirby/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/MarvelPremiere26_555.jpg

JadeGiant
01-20-2007, 02:16 PM
The pic below with the lion belt buckle for me
pie:thumbs2:
chicken:thumbs2:
pork:thumbs2:

armitage
01-20-2007, 02:19 PM
As Randy's version more closely resembles the Kirby Herc, here's a shot of the King's depicton of the lion buckle of Olympus!

http://kirbymuseum.org/blogs/kirby/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/MarvelPremiere26_555.jpg

I don't think his face looks Kirby at all. It's too thin.

randy bowen
01-20-2007, 02:24 PM
New pics from Randy:

I'm surprised no one had any nipple comments. :confused2

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 02:26 PM

LOL...the mauve lipstick draws my attention away from them.

JadeGiant
01-20-2007, 02:28 PM

LMAO ... you're just stirring the pot now aren't you:laugh: :laugh: ... but now that you point it out

workingdog
01-20-2007, 02:28 PM
I'd love to see the new Herc sculpted by Randy sport the lion buckle!

I agree! Herc is the Lion Of Olympus after all!

http://i18.tinypic.com/34t93wx.jpg

workingdog
01-20-2007, 02:29 PM

Or why no scales on the sash ;)

AK84
01-20-2007, 02:29 PM
The new tweak do look a lot better than the original Herc. Hate it when you do a good job on a character that I don't fancy.

The only problem I could see is that the blue used on apocalypse. Pls Randy, could u use a metalic blue for his suit instead of a normal flat based paint blue. Sorry for being out of topic but he's my favourite villian and I do very much hope its done right.

JDH
01-20-2007, 02:31 PM
I agree! Herc is the Lion Of Olympus after all!

What with his way with the ladies, I always thought of him as the Loin of Olympus...:)

workingdog
01-20-2007, 02:33 PM
What with his way with the ladies, I always thought of him as the Loin of Olympus...:)

:laugh: :laugh:

AK84
01-20-2007, 02:34 PM

Not nipples again. After what they have said about hulk nipples, I'll look at his nipples everytime I see a hulk statue. :mad: :banghead: . Since u've mentioned, I do prefer the nipples on the first sculpt.

Crom
01-20-2007, 03:24 PM

That sounds good. Now I have a hankerin' for Roscoe's! Unfortunately I am on the wrong coast.

Sam, Randy and Will, maybe you can stop by in Virginia Beach? I am planning on opening the first Honky Bucket. We are going to crush Cracker Barrel.

Honk if you love Honkey Bucket!

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 03:35 PM
http://www.comics.org/graphics/covers/2653/400/2653_4_1.jpg

My preference! Bob Layton Hercules RULES! Woo-Hoo!

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 03:37 PM

Imagine that!

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 03:42 PM

Nice! It would be cool if posters realized that creators do have feelings. Bravo, Randy!

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Create a poll and see if people want a fuller beard.

All I want to do is sell as many Hercules mb's as possible. If more people want the original bust, by all means this will make me happy.

For all the crap this one sculpt is getting, you would think that it would sell 5,000 copies? Will it? Let's start a poll!

boobhound
01-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Nice! It would be cool if posters realized that creators do have feelings. Bravo, Randy!
Well,let it be noted that I have not and am not going to ''slam'' Randy's or any other creators work, well........Joe Q is another matter entirely! All, I said last night was for a naked upper body I was expecting alot more! But, Randy has come on here and addressed my critiques so I will wait and see.

boobhound
01-20-2007, 03:54 PM
http://www.comics.org/graphics/covers/2653/400/2653_4_1.jpg

My preference! Bob Layton Hercules RULES! Woo-Hoo!
And I also thought we were going to see that one!

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 03:56 PM
And I also thought we were going to see that one!

Probably after Randy's time :(

Jesse321
01-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Just for the record, you AND Randy might want to re-read my comment, I didn't call the paint up or the painter "garbage" I called the comparison between the two pieces "a load of garbage" ... there are two TOTALLY SEPARATE sentences involved.

As far as the "drag queen" comment, I said it, I own it, I stand by it and I will gladly accept any heat I get for it ... but get the facts straight.

Now, all of that being said, give us two sculpts on equal footing then you can form an informed opinion. Give us one sculpt totally finished and one obviously still needing finishing, and all you're getting is a slanted/skewed vote count, because people are naturally going to gravitate to the finished more refined piece.

SD RUM
01-20-2007, 04:30 PM
I like the new version a lot better.

simongarth
01-20-2007, 04:33 PM
New one.

Daredevil
01-20-2007, 04:39 PM
new one. There is no need for a variant with the SAME uniform and pose for a C list character.

wktf
01-20-2007, 05:12 PM
The classic,close cropped beard version!:)

I totally agree! This is the Hercules for me! :buttrock:

wktf
01-20-2007, 05:13 PM

Can one more join the pie and chicken party?

jimbo5905
01-20-2007, 05:21 PM
I really like the newer version better, as long as we get the color-scheme right (brown hair, please)....and I would prefer no variant if you don't mind....don't want to have to hit the 'bay for some $500 cubed Hercules just to satisfy my completeism!!!

'Nuff
01-20-2007, 05:31 PM
There's always time for pulled pork.:)

Damn right...with a side of Texas popcorn...:buttrock:

galactus
01-20-2007, 05:59 PM
I have mixed feelings on the entire thing. Since I always look at Bowen busts as being more "iconic" in nature, the serious look of the new face seems to fit in more with the entire line. Though, I will admit that the smirk and the fuller beard do have a certain appeal to them as well. I don't think that all the effort of finishing the original head is going to result in more sales for all intents and purposes. If the new head is done and Marvel is ok with it, I'd say just go with it.

Brian R.
01-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Now that I see them both painted, I think the newer tweaked version is far superior (no matter how bad some of you think the paint looks).

Tony Coca
01-20-2007, 06:28 PM
New pics from Randy:

now thats better.looks good even with the rush paint job.

Mastermold
01-20-2007, 06:54 PM
I like the new better, but I'd suggest reducing the upper lip.

The Fog
01-20-2007, 07:26 PM
New one, I think the older one look's like Ferrigno if he were Hercules, the New one is definetly Steve Reeves, aka Machista!!!
Not really a Hercules "Marvel Avengers" fan but guess he's got to br there.
Liked him breakin' lion's neck's in old Rome, not crackin' head's and speakin' weird accent's in New York.
Were there Lion's in Old Rome?

Tattoo-X
01-20-2007, 08:27 PM

I want both.
Seeing how the POLL is going, I'll vote for one being an exclusive.
Something looks way off on these sneeks. Paint color seems to vary and the sculpting looks really rough. I don't think it's a fair comparison of the two versions.
Maybe change the suit a little. Perhaps a rock base.
Too bad the White Elektra wasn't more than just a repaint. Different head and/or weapons would have been great.

http://universmarvel.com/ftp/nico/Bowen/buste/hercules1.jpg

http://www.roccoandvinnieart.com/hercules.jpg

Meteor Man
01-21-2007, 02:01 AM

Man....I just don't see what the people who are saying the old one is better are seeing???:confused: The new Hercules sculpt is VASTLY SUPERIOR in every way that I can see. The old one looks like a freakin' cake topper compared to the new one IMO. Hmm...maybe that's a bit harsh, how's this. I like the new one alot more!:)

Underdog07
01-21-2007, 02:07 AM
I prefer the new tweaked one.

monomaster1
01-21-2007, 03:01 AM
I like the original sculpt because Herc looks more rugged. I think that he's been portrayed in the comics as being a 'veteran' from his very first appearance and should look closer to 35 than 25, which is really the difference in the two sculpts.

lovemunkey187
01-21-2007, 04:41 AM
Based strictly on what you've see so far; which do you prefer

This one.

The other looks waaaaaaaaay too camp and confirms why the gay man I work with enjoys Steve Reeves movies.

The Watcher
01-21-2007, 04:48 AM

I've learned to trust the polls even when I disagree with them. I think Randy should go with his instincts and do what he thinks is best.

Hopefully, this Hercules critique issue won't turn into another Sasquatch cube/rock base situation. It gets old after awhile.

Doctor Pym
01-21-2007, 04:52 AM
No contest. The new, tweaked version is better.

pmpknface
01-22-2007, 12:11 PM
I voted for the new one. It just looks smoother and more refined. Now, if BD wanted to tweak his expression, which is what I think most people would want, then that's fine too.

I'm all for a variant, but I'd want there to be something else different about it. But that's just me...

BadLuv
01-22-2007, 12:35 PM
OMG, The second version only. Not a fan of the first sculpt.

Fannymac
01-22-2007, 01:11 PM
After waiting three years for this sculpt, I just want it released!!!!!
If I had to nit-pick, though - I would go with the more recent one, with the first one's color scheme - it looks more like the Marvel Hercules vs. the movie version!
Personally, I would like a LITTLE fuller beard and lighter hair, plus I'm all for the lion's head buckle!!!
Let's just get this baby out!

Rome
01-22-2007, 02:03 PM
Sorry but no contest here at all. The new tweaked version by far. Though I would kinda like a Slightly fuller beard.

OneOne78
01-22-2007, 02:32 PM
both please.

One for an Avengers display, and one for the Champions display.

About that Champions display though.....can we get a Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider out of the deal?
Sounds like a good idea

Kirk Durfey
01-22-2007, 04:01 PM
I was never a fan of the first sculpt, so I voted for the new one. I agree with
pmpknface, if there is a varient then it should be more different (differenter?) than these two are...

pmpknface
01-22-2007, 04:42 PM
I was never a fan of the first sculpt, so I voted for the new one. I agree with
pmpknface, if there is a varient then it should be more different (differenter?) than these two are...

Thanks Dirk! For example... there's THIS costume:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/pictures/individuals/h_1d/hercules.gif

claws181
01-22-2007, 04:49 PM
I like them both. But I have to say the new one is better.

Fannymac
01-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Thanks Dirk! For example... there's THIS costume:

http://www.marveldirectory.com/pictures/individuals/h_1d/hercules.gif

Never was a fan of this one - MUCH prefer the original costume!

pmpknface
01-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Never was a fan of this one - MUCH prefer the original costume!
Sure, that's cool. But since we're discussing the possibility of a varaint, wouldn't this be better than having 2 of the same pose in the same outfit?

1logan
01-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Randy you aska difficult question, the original version looks undone now and a shoddy paintjob so far. smooth like the second version and I'd be all over it....and yes I like the second costume too.

I always liked the H chest version over the one strap. But I like the original boots the most.

pmpknface
01-23-2007, 11:26 AM
Not much support for a Herc variant, I guess....

deaconbluezzz
01-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Not much support for a Herc variant, I guess....

Or in Warner Bros. cartoon lingo...

Tweaked Hercules Bust
(Landslidus Unanimous)

gottohaveitall68
01-23-2007, 12:01 PM

yours is the only one to get :buttrock:

hungrydaddy
01-23-2007, 02:31 PM
new one by far

Jameshowlett
01-23-2007, 02:47 PM

I would rather have a smiling Hercules -just not that smile!LOL I like the grimace Hercules waaay better than the smiling herc.

Jameshowlett
01-23-2007, 03:02 PM

Sam I feel the same way! Ditto that!

tyler
01-23-2007, 03:18 PM
The new version is far better, IMO.

starbrand
01-24-2007, 07:46 AM
I agree.

I happen to be that tired of the 24/7 "goofball" Hercules that Marvel has exageratted in later years, exception obviously of the current "Civil War" and "Ares" series among a few stories. Thats not what the character is, and frankly we kind of already have the Marvel Legends series for that side of the character already... I rather have a bust that reminds people that hes an archetype of the tragic hero as well. And since the Kirby years are the inspiration for Randy`s visual tweakings, its spot on.

While im new to the board, ill voice my opinions on what could look better. The Lion belt its probably more aproppiate, since its the symbol that defines the hero in more ways than one. What more? The colors, but since Randy already mentioned in one of these Hercules threads that those arent the finished ones, ill leave it to his capable hands so to speak. The toga could benefit with a detailed texture, kind of like Cap`s chain mail armor, since some renditions of Marvel Herc have those...maybe i guess.

Out of that its perfect. And i hope that my answer doesnt come off as a slant to Rocco`s work, after all, i want happen to want this one too:

http://www.roccoandvinnieart.com/

Cheers, Randy. Keep the good work.