PDA

View Full Version : Hawkeye fullsize

martijn
01-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi all.
I won hawkeye fullsize a few days ago on the bay.:buttrock:
Was looking for it the day he came out.
In my opinion this is one of bowen's best sculpts.
I think it will arrive to me in a couple of weeks (holland)
I never seen this sculpt in real live only on pictures.
What do you guys think of him is he as good as he looks on all the pictures i seen of him.
Thanks.

ant-man
01-20-2007, 04:52 PM
....one of my favorite characters...and Bowen did a great job on him...u will be very happy....one of the Best sculpts this phase....:thumbs2:

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 04:58 PM
....one of my favorite characters...and Bowen did a great job on him...u will be very happy....one of the Best sculpts this phase....:thumbs2:

I love him. The colours are fantastic, and the pose is really dynamic. One of 2006's best.

lord odin
01-20-2007, 08:27 PM
I`m a big fan of Hawkeye but I regret buying this.Next to my DST which is my favorite and Hard Hero this comes in last and i`m selling it tax time.

Walrus
01-20-2007, 08:59 PM
I really like the Bowen Hawkeye. Saw the other two up close and am very glad I went with Bowen. Hope you like yours

Statuesque Fellow
01-20-2007, 09:02 PM
What do you guys think of him

his ankle is screwed up

The Fog
01-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Here we go!!!
Love the Bowen Hawkeye, DST is nice, HH is big?

Cage
01-20-2007, 09:12 PM
BE VERY CAREFUL HANDLING HIM OUT OF THE BOX!!! SOME PEICES ON THE BASE ARE VERY FRAGILE!!! (I broke ant man's Helmet, totally my fault, but I barely touched it accidently) A great sculpt and super statue for sure.

giro
01-20-2007, 09:13 PM
One Of The Best To Me Bowen Hawkeye Looks Great With The Rest Of The Avengers

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 09:15 PM
his ankle is screwed up

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1177563/albundy9wq.jpg

Oh God...again with the ankle!

B!tch!n about Hawkeye's ankle is like b!tch!n about Jessica Simpson's ingrown toenail.

genesimmons1
01-20-2007, 09:32 PM
his ankle is not that bad I can see a super hero archer holding that pose easily. hard hero one is allright but dosent come close to bowens.you get a much glossier paint job with bowen plus the base with all the super hero equiptment embedded in to it.

Ink
01-20-2007, 09:37 PM
his ankle is not that bad I can see a super hero archer holding that pose easily. hard hero one is allright but dosent come close to bowens.you get a much glossier paint job with bowen plus the base with all the super hero equiptment embedded in to it.

ditto that, there's nothing wrong with it at all

lord odin
01-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Here we go!!!
Love the Bowen Hawkeye, DST is nice, HH is big?
It`s in scale with the rest of the HH statues say what you want about Hard Hero but without a doubt they are in scale too bad the same can`t be said about other companies.:)
This was not directed at you Mako.

Underdog07
01-20-2007, 10:19 PM
One of my favorite characters and one of my favorite sculpts. Its funny, the minibust is one of the worst mbs while the FS is one of the best FSs.

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 10:40 PM
One of my favorite characters and one of my favorite sculpts. Its funny, the minibust is one of the worst mbs while the FS is one of the best FSs.

Funny how that happens. I hated the Hawkeye and Dr. Strange busts, but those became two of my favorite FS statues last year.

HoldyourfireAl
01-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Hawkeye by Bowen ROCKS hard! Best Avenger ever (after Cap!)

cyberpunk12
01-20-2007, 11:23 PM
This is a great statue... and I agree it's one of Bowen's best. The level of detail on this sculpt is phenomenal and the pics don't do it justice. I'm betting you'll be quite pleased martijn.

I don't mind the so-called ankle issue either. I'm not going to argue about whether or not a pose is physically possible for a superhero. Besides... this pose just kicks too much booty to be nickled and dimed the way it has been. Hawyeye is one of my favorite characters and I think Bowen really nailed his grit and determination with the whole "last Avenger standing" concept.

I'll never understand the overall negative buzz where the bust is concerned. I think the pose is perfect for the character... arms crossed, smug grin. Is it that most people would have preferred an action pose with the bow or what?

deaconbluezzz
01-20-2007, 11:36 PM
I'll never understand the overall negative buzz where the bust is concerned. I think the pose is perfect for the character... arms crossed, smug grin. Is it that most people would have preferred an action pose with the bow or what?

With me it's just that I always see Geddy Lee from Rush wearing Hawkeye's outfit when I look at the bust :confused2

Underdog07
01-21-2007, 02:33 AM
With me it's just that I always see Geddy Lee from Rush wearing Hawkeye's outfit when I look at the bust :confused2

No way. Its Jeff Probst. Survivors ready, go!

The Watcher
01-21-2007, 04:14 AM
Funny how that happens. I hated the Hawkeye and Dr. Strange busts, but those became two of my favorite FS statues last year.

Maybe on a slow day, we can opine on which is the best FS/MB combination and which is the worst FS/MB combination.

speedracer
01-21-2007, 04:39 AM
Hawkeye has it's shortcomings but for what it is..it's a very nice piece..congrats..it's the only one i own so i cant compare..=)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/shoecatalog/hawkeyel8-22-06011.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/shoecatalog/hawkeyel8-22-06009.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/shoecatalog/hawkeyel8-22-06008.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/shoecatalog/hawkeyel8-22-06007.jpg

HoldyourfireAl
01-21-2007, 04:41 AM

Hey! Don't talk trash about my favorite singer in my favorite band! New album in April by the way! Woo-Hoo!

HoldyourfireAl
01-21-2007, 04:42 AM
Randy should do RUSH statues!

HoldyourfireAl
01-21-2007, 04:44 AM
http://static.flickr.com/58/189226584_91d5e9aaf9_m.jpg

rychehitman
01-21-2007, 07:44 AM
I am really hoping for a Museum Hawkeye at some point to go with the Museum Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Vision, and Scarlet Witch.

Underdog07
01-21-2007, 08:01 AM
I am really hoping for a Museum Hawkeye at some point to go with the Museum Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Vision, and Scarlet Witch.

Ditton that. He's a Marvel mainstay yet often an underappreciated character.

Underdog07
01-21-2007, 08:02 AM
Maybe on a slow day, we can opine on which is the best FS/MB combination and which is the worst FS/MB combination.

Great question. I can think of many examples were I like one or the other but not many where I think both are great or not so great.

lord odin
01-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Good idea my best goes to Silver Surfer and Galactus for best MB/FS.:buttrock:

genesimmons1
01-21-2007, 08:31 AM
nice pictures of the base speed racer ,and to think bowen had a tree stump as his first base. does anybody have a picture of that earlier base?I dont think I would have interest in a museum piece of hawkeye.this one kinda says it all.

lord odin
01-21-2007, 08:43 AM
nice pictures of the base speed racer ,and to think bowen had a tree stump as his first base. does anybody have a picture of that earlier base?I dont think I would have interest in a museum piece of hawkeye.this one kinda says it all.
I`d have no interest in a museum Hawkeye is one of those characters that screams action.

The Watcher
01-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Great question. I can think of many examples were I like one or the other but not many where I think both are great or not so great.

It would be hard to beat the Dr. Doom combination or the Juggernaut combination or the Man-Thing combination but then there's always the Daredevil (red or yellow w/the upcoming Kucharek mini busts) combination and the Apocalypse combination...

The Watcher
01-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Good idea my best goes to Silver Surfer and Galactus for best MB/FS.:buttrock:

Galactus and any of his heralds are probably the best mixed combination of FS and MB although the FS Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister MB might be intriguing.

lord odin
01-21-2007, 10:31 AM
Galactus and any of his heralds are probably the best mixed combination of FS and MB although the FS Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister MB might be intriguing.
I agree.

Ish
01-21-2007, 01:24 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1177563/albundy9wq.jpg

Oh God...again with the ankle!

B!tch!n about Hawkeye's ankle is like b!tch!n about Jessica Simpson's ingrown toenail.

:puke2: that would bother me!! no more than her nose though...or if she speaks....