PDA

View Full Version : The (almost) Complete Bowen List for Newbies COMMENTS

Tattoo-X
01-22-2007, 07:11 AM
I have thought for years that Man-Thing was first.
It probably shipped 3rd, but wasn't it the first to be offered in Previews?
8 years ago, I can't remember 8 days ago.

Anyway, Comicboy,
Randy mentioned once that the Bronze's are actually part of phase 1.

Joy Snyder is not mentioned as sculpting Sunfire. Have you asked her permission to release that info?

Punisher and Fin Fang Foom busts were also available as Collector's Club Exclusives.

Spider-Man Peter Parker Alter-Ego bust was later available to dealers through Previews.

Doop was not a Collector's Club Exclusive.

Ghost Rider (chrome) statue is a strange one. It was only offered at first through BD website and a biker magazine. Not exactly exclusive, but Diamond (which BD supposedly gauges production run) did not offer it until after it hit the marked.
Sorta like the White Moon Knight. You'd be very lucky to find one at your LCS.:banghead:

Comicboy
01-22-2007, 07:55 AM
Hey Tat, thanks for your input. I'm working on it still. This is the kind of feedback I need though. I got alot of new info just tonight digging thru the internet archive of past Bowen pages (pricing mostly). It goes back to 1999 but you have to really dig thru it because not everything still works(links). I'm trying to get these lists as accurate as possible and alot of info out there is different (Azogs-Bowens are different in alot of respects). Bowen's new Legacy is not entirely accurate, they used alot of info from their old Archive. So I've been doing my best to get it as close as possible. The Archive here is not accurate either, yet. As soon as I get these lists done I will edit that info into our Archive. I'm trying to get a database we can all agree on. :)

I know the bronzes are part of phase one, but they are bronzes, thats why I didn't label them as phase one. I can add that though. Kinda like I didn't add in Stan or Jack. Some consider them, some don't. They are Marvel pieces so they will get added just not sure if I should phase them or not.

Joy Snyder: I had it in my notes that she co-sculpted it, or did the original and Randy tweeked it. I like giving sculptors credit. Did she do this then or no?

Punisher and Foom: yes they were but they were con-exclusives first, thats why they were done that way. I can add that in too if you'd like.

Spider-Man: again was first a Wizard Mag Exclusive.

Doop: a website exclusive - changed now

Ghost Rider: I just left that as a regular release. I don't know if people consider that an exclusive.

JDH
01-22-2007, 08:18 AM
I thought it was in the public domain that Joy Snyder sculpted Sunfire (or at least co-sculpted it).

Tattoo-X
01-22-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm glad you liked my input. I was afraid you wouldn't. Many think I come across as an @$$. Anyway, I made a few notes below.

Hey Tat, thanks for your input. I'm working on it still. This is the kind of feedback I need though. I got alot of new info just tonight digging thru the internet archive of past Bowen pages (pricing mostly). It goes back to 1999 but you have to really dig thru it because not everything still works(links). I'm trying to get these lists as accurate as possible and alot of info out there is different (Azogs-Bowens are different in alot of respects). Bowen's new Legacy is not entirely accurate, they used alot of info from their old Archive. So I've been doing my best to get it as close as possible. The Archive here is not accurate either, yet. As soon as I get these lists done I will edit that info into our Archive. I'm trying to get a database we can all agree on. :)

I know the bronzes are part of phase one, but they are bronzes, thats why I didn't label them as phase one. I can add that though. Kinda like I didn't add in Stan or Jack. Some consider them, some don't. They are Marvel pieces so they will get added just not sure if I should phase them or not.

I personally don't consider them Phase 1, since they were such a low run and low production run.

Joy Snyder: I had it in my notes that she co-sculpted it, or did the original and Randy tweeked it. I like giving sculptors credit. Did she do this then or no?

She did sculpt it, but wanted to remain "Anonymous" for a certain reason.

Punisher and Foom: yes they were but they were con-exclusives first, thats why they were done that way. I can add that in too if you'd like.

Yes I would. They where first offered to Members if I remember correctly. Then the remainder were sent to the Cons. Con goers did receive their's first.

Spider-Man: again was first a Wizard Mag Exclusive.

Doop: a website exclusive - changed now

No. Not an exclusive. Just a low print run that sold out in a day or so.

Ghost Rider: I just left that as a regular release. I don't know if people consider that an exclusive.

No, I guess it wouldn't be. Just released somewhat in phases. First Heather told me she knew nothing about it. Then it was in a Biker mag just before the regular one was released, and on the BD site around that time. When it shipped, it showed up in Previews. Very confusing and misleading info at the time.

Comicboy
01-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Punisher, Foom and Doop fixed. Bronzes are staying seperate.

I'll probably add the GR info to the Archive description when I get going on that again.

As far as Joy goes, her name is staying then unless I'm told to take it off. She did the sculpt, she gets credit.

Thanks Tat, if you or anyone run across anything else that sends up a flag, please let me know.

Question: Foom, sculpted by Neil Surgess or Carl Surges? BD has it down as Carl everyone else has it as Neil. And which is the proper spelling for both, Surges or Surgess? Again they are down as both. Anybody got Foom handy?