PDA

View Full Version : Statues with height..

James UK
01-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Looking at my collection, Moon Knight really stands out because of his height and he's great to display behind others; it gives a really dramatic scene.

It would be great if where appropriate to the character, there were some more high ones or even alternative bases high /low.

Any thoughts R?

phnx75
01-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Moon Knight looks great, but he is so impossible to display with the rest of my collection in the display case. I wish they's had gone just an inch or so shorter on the stand. 15-16 inches is high enough for my statues. After that it becomes a major display problem.

JDH
01-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Can I beat Deaconbluezzz to suggest a Giant-Man/Goliath?

phnx75
01-24-2007, 03:44 PM

Actually I would like a Giant-Man w/Wasp. I just don't know about the size. He needs to of course be larger than the other Avengers, but anything much taller than Moon Knight (including the base) and I would probably have to pass on it. As it is I will probably have to pass on Sentinel cause I have nowhere to put him.

lord odin
01-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Sentry with his watchtower base looking over all lesser statues.

Ink
01-24-2007, 04:36 PM

no:stick:

Jameshowlett
01-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Giantman would rock, no need to make him as tall as MK, 14 inches is big enough.

SD RUM
01-24-2007, 05:29 PM
A Goliath or Giant Man statue as tall as Thanos would be a good size.

Makkari1
01-24-2007, 07:12 PM

I so wish that Sentry would just go away. I am just so repulsed by this character:mad: This is for his creators:stick: :stick:

chromesamurai
01-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Yeah, just wait until that Sentinel. It'll be plenty tall enough for ya.

deaconbluezzz
01-24-2007, 09:39 PM

*sigh* I've grown so predictable.

As far as a Giant-man/Goliath statue height is concerned, shortly after Hank Pym became Goliath and re-joined the Avengers, he wound up stuck at 10 feet tall. If the majority of Randy's FS statues are based on heroes that are 6 feet tall, 10 feet isn't that ridiculous of an increase. I think a Goliath statue roughly the same size as Galactus, with a nice flat base, would be very do-able!

Even though Giant-Man usually grew to about 12 feet tall during battles, I could live with overlooking the additional 2 feet in order to get a Giant-Man variant :thumbs2: