PDA

View Full Version : February is Drodfest.

Bullseye
01-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Okay guys and gals for those of you who have not purchased from Danny let me first tell you you are missing out on a first rate service. You get great discounts and it helps to keep this place alive. I am sure we all agree its a great place to hang out so for the month of february lets put aside the ordering from our LCS or our main dealers. Lets give Danny some business. It all helps.

If you cannot wait till February there is always January

Click here for the Comicstatues Discount Codes thread! (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=11646)

marvelboi77
01-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Screw this.... every month is Drod fest for me. ERRR.... it would be if Bowen released there stuff on time.

Anyways Bulls is right buy from the best.

ilas
01-24-2007, 06:32 PM
What discounts are available? I've been eyeing 2 pieces on there but haven't ordered yet. And looks like that free shipping deal is over.

CompEng1
01-24-2007, 08:07 PM
I usually get my statues from Danny. Love my Thing exclusive. Looking at buying BD Hulk, and will get it through him as well. Have had to slow down a little with this house purchase but I'll be buying again soon.

Gatekeeper2Hell
01-24-2007, 10:20 PM
What discounts are available? I've been eyeing 2 pieces on there but haven't ordered yet. And looks like that free shipping deal is over.

I believe the discounts and free shipping are for pre-orders. And the discount codes only appear to be for Bowen and Hard Hero.

Example: The Bowen Daredevil busts are listed at $49.95 each. When they go into your cart their price changes to $45 each. When you log in for the checkout process, their weight is calculated at 0 lb. for $0. As you proceed through the screens, you can enter the 10% off coupon code listed here (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=11646). This takes 10% off the original price, so each bust costs $40.

imthkman
01-24-2007, 10:28 PM
I switched to Danny a couple "Drodfests" ago. Now, I only buy from him. He's the best, and you won't beat his pre-order prices on Bowen stuff. :buttrock:

JadeGiant
01-24-2007, 10:30 PM
I switched to Danny a couple "Drodfests" ago. Now, I only buy from him. He's the best, and you won't beat his pre-order prices on Bowen stuff. :buttrock:

WORD ... that's a fact!:buttrock:

JDH
01-25-2007, 06:29 AM
I added a link to the thread about Comicstatues discounts in Bullseye's first post.

Jesse321
01-25-2007, 08:59 AM
I switched over last Drodfest. :D

Robot
01-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi everyone. I've been lurking for quite sometime now, and I love reading you're thoughts/comments/suggestions. It's fun to read what other collectors think and talk about. I myself have 150 mini busts (all I'm missing is that pesky chrome SS, and the thorn in my side, cube base sasquatch!)

I have two questions if I could ask:

1. What is DRODFEST?
2. Awhile ago, someone posted a awesome pic of their collection, (I searched and I can't find it!) It was of mini-busts, and they were in glass cubes and I remember there being a window in the background (it kinda looked like a garage maybe?) anyway, in one of the cubes there were the 3 versions of Captain Marvel and, I could'nt believe my eyes, there was a SECOND green version of Cap, but it looked like there was black or dark shading or highlights on his muscles/abs soforth. Do any of you know what that is? I thought I had everything, but I've never seen that anywhere! Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Deadpool
01-25-2007, 12:05 PM
I switched over last Drodfest. :D

Ditto! I only buy from D as well! :thumbs2:

Barbarian
01-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Just pre-ordered the Attakus Sandtrooper from him, and it's the cheapest one around PLUS the shipping is free! Thanks Danny!

endsongjen
01-25-2007, 12:14 PM
im starting this year too, ive been on his site but nothing i really want has come out so yea. but when it does i def. will.... from now on get all my stuff from danny.

Barbarian
01-25-2007, 12:20 PM
HOLY CRAP! Just scored a sketched BD Hulk yesterday from Danny!
Thanks, brotha!!!

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?p=978907#post978907

SD RUM
01-25-2007, 12:50 PM
I just pre-ordered a Wasp bust for $36.00!!! What a deal, thanks for all the info guys. I'm going to do all my pre-orders w/ comicstatues.com.

JDH
01-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi everyone. I've been lurking for quite sometime now, and I love reading you're thoughts/comments/suggestions. It's fun to read what other collectors think and talk about. I myself have 150 mini busts (all I'm missing is that pesky chrome SS, and the thorn in my side, cube base sasquatch!)

I have two questions if I could ask:

1. What is DRODFEST?
2. Awhile ago, someone posted a awesome pic of their collection, (I searched and I can't find it!) It was of mini-busts, and they were in glass cubes and I remember there being a window in the background (it kinda looked like a garage maybe?) anyway, in one of the cubes there were the 3 versions of Captain Marvel and, I could'nt believe my eyes, there was a SECOND green version of Cap, but it looked like there was black or dark shading or highlights on his muscles/abs soforth. Do any of you know what that is? I thought I had everything, but I've never seen that anywhere! Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Welcome to the forum - have a great time here. Drodfest is basically a show of thanks to the forum's head honcho D Rod (Danny), where members are encouraged to buy their pieces from his online retail site comicstatues.com - forum members enjoy a discount.

By the sound of it, that extra version of Cap'n Marvel was a custom altered rendition of Genis-Vell's Alex Ross designed costume. Not an official release from Bowen Designs, but one of a number of pieces shown here that talented sculptors and painters have customised into one off pieces. If you browse around, or search for 'customs',you'll probably find a bunch of them. Bowen's second Black panther bust and the Scarlet Spider bust actually started out as custom jobs shown on this forum.

Robot
01-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Thanks for the reply JDH. I will check out Dan's site for sure, and I had no idea there was such a thing as customs! Man, ya learn something new everyday! Thanks again!

Doc Sonic
01-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Thanks for the reply JDH. I will check out Dan's site for sure, and I had no idea there was such a thing as customs! Man, ya learn something new everyday! Thanks again!

I felt the same way when I first joined. There's a wealth of information here. Check out all the threads and welcome to the forum:)

Deadpool
01-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Just ordered the Spidey MB along with the two DD MB's! :thumbs2:

Closetnerd
01-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Just ordered 4 busts from Danny!
Thanks for all you do, brutha.........

Icedragon
01-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Just placed my first order with the site. Looking forward to seeing Bishop MB when it becomes available. Thanks for the great price, and looking forward to ordering more stuff down the line!

riderV3
01-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Danny is helping me with a statue, I know you can do it, Danny the young man! Please make it happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs2:

lovemunkey187
01-29-2007, 04:00 AM
What are the shipping costs like for us English collectors?

Justin
01-29-2007, 06:46 AM
What are the shipping costs like for us English collectors?

It should give you the total cost of shipping when you get to the final part of your transaction :thumbs2:

Bullseye
02-05-2007, 06:55 PM
Just ordered Rogue, Beast (x-men), and the two She Hulks from Danny.

Doc Sonic
02-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Just ordered Shaman. After the discount and free shipping you can't beat the price.

Jesse321
02-05-2007, 08:48 PM
I just ordered the Capt. Britain, the Shaman and the Thunderbird .. I'll probably pick up the Avengers She Hulk, the Avengers Beast and the Rogue as well, but I want to see them first.

JadeGiant
02-05-2007, 09:15 PM
2 BD Hulks from Danny, HH Iron Man, and maybe a bust thrown in for god measure

The ill Jedi
02-08-2007, 12:42 PM
I just ordered my Bowen Classic Spidey and Symbiote Busts from him and I'm eyeballing a few more things too. D Rod you :buttrock:

Jack's Username
02-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Is it just me or has the "shipping method" section of the order form changed? I no longer see any options and the default method shows EMS for $5, which ends up added to my pre-order total. Did the ordering process change for domestic?

Doc Sonic
02-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Is it just me or has the "shipping method" section of the order form changed? I no longer see any options and the default method shows EMS for $5, which ends up added to my pre-order total. Did the ordering process change for domestic?

What are you ordering?

Jack's Username
02-08-2007, 10:35 PM
What are you ordering?

Most recently it was the Beast X statue. That order status changed from received to pre-order, but the $5 shipping charge is still there. I also attempted placing orders for the Daredevil MBs along with Captain Britain, but the same thing was happening with the shipping method.

Just found it odd as this never happened on past preorders I had placed.

Doc Sonic
02-08-2007, 11:05 PM
I just went to comicstatutes.com to see what happens when I try to order. I ordered yesterday without any problem

I put a Capt. Britain bust in the basket. The shipping said UPS and that it was free. Are you in the states?

Doc Sonic
02-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Also did you put in the sfbd code?

Jack's Username
02-09-2007, 01:26 AM
Yep, on both counts (in the states and used the forum code). I've never had a problem in the past. Anytime I try to checkout now, it tells me: "This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order", and lists EMS and tacks on $5 to the order. Maybe Drod can sort me out. Thanks for checking though, Doc. Must just be me. Strange.

lovemunkey187
02-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Just ordered Rogue, Beast (x-men), and the two She Hulks from Danny.

Seen as your on the Emerald Isle what was the shipping cost?

Bullseye
02-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Your talking around $60 per statue (approx).

malkii
02-16-2007, 04:31 PM
I have been buying all my statues from Danny since I found this site... A+ guy to deal with...