PDA

View Full Version : Classic Spidey bust : did the Kucharek Bros err ?

Saturday_Knight_Surfer
01-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Well, i don't know if someone mentioned it before, but i just saw a detail about the Classic Spidey bust. As it was the case for the Baron Zemo bust, the line going up Spidey's mask don't connect with the right lines on his chest. It just shows it's not so easy to translate in 3D a comics character. ;)

Just take a look at these pics and just follow the white lines :

http://evrard.e.free.fr/Images/Marvelgraph/Spidey_bust/Classic_Spidey_bust2-err.jpg

http://evrard.e.free.fr/Images/Marvelgraph/Spidey_bust/Classic_Spidey_bust-err.jpg

CKinSD
01-28-2007, 12:42 PM
ok u have to much time on your hands to trace out all the lines... lol

rychehitman
01-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Someone has too much time on their hands!

:) :) :)

MaxGoof
01-28-2007, 12:51 PM
WHA?!

Peter's mask is a separate piece he puts on! If he turns his head or puts it on at an angle that's anything but perfectly precise, the lines WON'T match up with his chest.

This bust is PERFECTLY accurate.

Get a life and stop nitpicking. :p

Saturday_Knight_Surfer
01-28-2007, 12:52 PM
ok u have to much time on your hands to trace out all the lines... lol

Opening the pics, tracing the lines, saving the pics, uploading pics on my ftp. Three minutes. LOL ;)

Well not a big problem. Just another silly complaint. ;)
http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=42111

ant-man
01-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Opening the pics, tracing the lines, saving the pics, uploading pics on my ftp. Three minutes. LOL ;)

Well not a big problem. Just another silly complaint. ;)
http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=42111

wow...we are sure picky here on the forum.....it seems nothing....and i mean nothing slips pass us....

Conehead
01-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Someone has too much time on their hands!

:) :) :)

You said it,what a way to spend time on a weekend.

Collection King 13
01-28-2007, 01:36 PM
I see nothin wrong with it.

HalJordanFan
01-28-2007, 01:48 PM
This is honestly the biggest mess up in statue history!!! I don't collect MB and currently have none in my collection. But I was actually considering getting this one, but after seeing this goof I'd never ever get this peice!!!! Thank you so much Saturday_Knight_Surfer for pointing out the HUGE flaw!!!! You just saved me!!! Phew!!!!!

Was that too much sarcasim or just right?!?!?!

If I sculpted the statue I'd probally kill myself from the stress of the statueforum.com people.

lord odin
01-28-2007, 01:52 PM
This is honestly the biggest mess up in statue history!!! I don't collect MB and currently have none in my collection. But I was actually considering getting this one, but after seeing this goof I'd never ever get this peice!!!! Thank you so much Saturday_Knight_Surfer for pointing out the HUGE flaw!!!! You just saved me!!! Phew!!!!!

If I sculpted the statue I'd probally kill myself from the stress of the statueforum.com people.
Could you imagine what it would be worth then?:buttrock:
Death is good for artists and flippers of said art.:buttrock:

Saturday_Knight_Surfer
01-28-2007, 02:58 PM

Really glad I saved you life. After all it's my work... :p
And you still have the symbiote version if you want to start a MB collection. No problem with web lines with this one... :p

[More seriously]
I hope you didn't take it too seriously. :confused:
I just posted this because i thought it was a funny detail. As i told, it's not so easy to translate 2D in 3D. The Baron Zemo MB have the same [very little] problem.
[/More seriously]

P1X4R
01-28-2007, 03:06 PM
sometimes we need to take a step back or two to truly enjoy a piece for what it's meant to be. looking at things with a microscope sort of spoils the spirit of art. it reminds me of that scene from the movie Star Trek: First Contact where Picard and Data are touching the Phoenix and then Data starts analyzing the hull's structural integrity. :)

JadeGiant
01-28-2007, 03:40 PM
wow, pass for sure ... I need to cancel my orders ... not

Jesse321
01-28-2007, 03:46 PM
This is EXACTLY why I didn't bother saying anything about it .. you feed people mistakes often enough, anything and everything becomes acceptable. :rolleyes2

For the record SKS .. you're absolutely right .. not that it matters, but you are right. :thumbs2:

HalJordanFan
01-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Really glad I saved you life. After all it's my work... :p
And you still have the symbiote version if you want to start a MB collection. No problem with web lines with this one... :p

[More seriously]
I hope you didn't take it too seriously. :confused:
I just posted this because i thought it was a funny detail. As i told, it's not so easy to translate 2D in 3D. The Baron Zemo MB have the same [very little] problem.
[/More seriously]

I was just joking around man! I think that it's a nice piece, but since it's not FS it's not for me! I actually prefer when people like Jesse critique items on here. It gives us something to talk about rather than just polling about what statues we're pre-ordering and things of that nature. It's good that so many have a good eye for mistakes. I just wish that some of the main companies would really listen to the things that are said on here.

genesimmons1
01-28-2007, 09:28 PM
why did some of you guys kill saturday knight surfer? he just pointed out something he saw.I thought it was interesting.I would like to know if those lines realy dont match up or is it just the way he has his head turned.

riderV3
01-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Hey, human make mistakes, some people can't even draw the lines right so don't even talk about sculpt the lines right.

Primal
01-28-2007, 11:05 PM
You're right SKS.
We should have the K-Bros' collective heads for this.

riderV3
01-28-2007, 11:08 PM
You're right SKS.
We should have the K-Bros' collective heads for this.

So I guess a petition is going to be signed and we're going to cut off K-bros' fingers so they won't ever make the same mistake again!:stick:
BTW, don't forget to outcast them from scuptor's society plus life-time enslavement and scar him with a heated-red iron plate carved with correct spidey facial lines so they will never forget how to sculpt them lines.

rychehitman
01-29-2007, 01:19 AM
Maxgoof's reaction really cracked me up for some reason!:)

But seriously...once these ship, just snap the heads off and send them back to Bowen Designs for replacment!:thumbs2:

The Watcher
01-29-2007, 03:44 AM
It would be Nice if we still had the option of deleting our posts (and threads).

rychehitman
01-29-2007, 08:46 AM
It would be Nice if we still had the option of deleting our posts (and threads).

I totally agree!

ah, the good old days indeed!

Primal
01-29-2007, 09:45 AM
And posting youtube videos on most threads. :bawling:

firestorm
01-29-2007, 09:48 AM
Great lookin' bust... got mine on preorder, but did the look of underarm webbing change from the original image posts to the ones now on BD's site?... what was the reason for that?... just curious... I kinda preferred the original webbing that was shown, but hell, I ain't gonna nitpick... it's still a helluva lot better looking sculpt than the first minibust... always had a problem with no arms and that spider on his chest... the new one has more of a Ditko look and feel to it...

JLM
01-29-2007, 09:48 AM

Me too. :)

Achiever
01-29-2007, 03:31 PM
There is no reason for this kind of terrible costume error. Randy, I expect this to be fixed once the final product comes out.:)

RichBamf
01-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Has anyone asked if SKS, knew if the mask and costume were two seperate pieces?
SKS also didn't say he'd not buy the bust or anything, all he said was that it must be difficult to translate the sculpt to 3D.

Sometimes you guys should re-read a post before jumping all over someone...

i am directing this at no one in particular, just think we'd all benefit from a think before we post philosophy.

rychehitman
01-29-2007, 03:57 PM
You guys arent being fair.

This MIGHT NOT BE Spidey in his classic costume with the mask that comes off, but rather the symbiote costume in of the classic suit, or the Iron Spider armor that chabges appearance as well...

Interesting...........

Saturday_Knight_Surfer
01-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Has anyone asked if SKS, knew if the mask and costume were two seperate pieces?
SKS also didn't say he'd not buy the bust or anything, all he said was that it must be difficult to translate the sculpt to 3D.

Sometimes you guys should re-read a post before jumping all over someone...

i am directing this at no one in particular, just think we'd all benefit from a think before we post philosophy.

That was the idea. :thumbs2:
And Spidey's red and blue costume is surely difficult to draw and sculpt. ;)

BadLuv
01-29-2007, 06:36 PM

But seriously...once these ship, just snap the heads off and send them back to Bowen Designs for replacment!:thumbs2:

Wow, would that work? Just kidding. Did make me laugh thou.

F.O.O.M.
01-29-2007, 09:15 PM
My, my, aren't we all the sarcastic type tonight....