PDA

View Full Version : Arms or No Arms

fishbonex
01-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Do you prefer your BD Busts with or without arms? On on ehand I love the armless Busts, they seem to bring a classic Greek feel to these characters that really makes these stand out as originals. But baby-- The Armed Busts look so good in action poses, I can't imagine a Destroyer without those massive arms.

So, how says you?

imthkman
01-31-2007, 01:06 PM
I'd say overall, I prefer arms. But many times, they can be done w/o and still look great. One of my favorite all-time MB is Cyclops, and it has no arms.

rilynil
01-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Definitely with arms. The sculpts look so much more dynamic posed with arms. I don't own a bust without arms and I sincerely doubt I ever will.

Deadpool
01-31-2007, 01:24 PM
Definitely with arms. The sculpts look so much more dynamic posed with arms. I don't own a bust without arms and I sincerely doubt I ever will.

Do you own the BD Vision MB? It doesnt have arms! :D

deaconbluezzz
01-31-2007, 01:25 PM
Once again I'll stand with the minority against 1/2 statues. If you're gonna put arms on it and have them all "action-posed", go the distance and put legs on too.

No arms.

Alex655321
01-31-2007, 01:27 PM
I like them both, but in my collection I like the ones without arms better.

It was not an easy choice since Destroyer and Annihilus came out, they just look incredible with arms!

rilynil
01-31-2007, 01:28 PM
Do you own the BD Vision MB? It doesnt have arms! :D
:laugh: Yep, I own that one. But his arms are simply unseen under the cape! ;) No stubs visible on the Vision! :laugh:

darthmatrix
01-31-2007, 01:30 PM
I perfer armless on most marvel bust

Deadpool
01-31-2007, 01:37 PM
Yep, I own that one. But his arms are simply unseen under the cape! ;) No stubs visible on the Vision! :laugh:

:laugh: :thumbs2:

Ish
01-31-2007, 01:37 PM
arms, only bigger scale bust look good without arms, imho.

cblakey1
01-31-2007, 01:56 PM
Can't vote. No "Both" option. :banghead:

Stooby87
01-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Arms are the way to go.

deaconbluezzz
01-31-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm no fan of the "stubs" look either. The little Thalidomide flippers on Colossus' bust look particularly awful. I'd prefer to see damn near every bust done in the "V" style of Captain America though. I wouldn't mind an occasional "armed" bust, for characters whose arms/hands/weaponry demand it (like BRB for example), but for the most part I'd prefer the classic bust look.

Storm Lover
01-31-2007, 02:29 PM
The earlier busts that were made without arms should be remade. Electro MB is a good example of how this is a great improvement. Imagine The Hulk and Juggernaut MB w/arms.

syzygy
01-31-2007, 02:47 PM
how about a single arm, like clay moore's savage dragon?:)

malkii
01-31-2007, 02:51 PM
i prefer arms myself, just brings the characters to life more...

Equinox24
01-31-2007, 02:57 PM
If they have arms, they're not true "busts". BD (or any manufacturer for that matter) shouldn't even call them that. They should be called what they are and that's half-statues. Everyone knows that this is a money thing. Half a statue is cheaper, that's why they're being made and sold. To me, that's a shame. I look at those two Daredevil half-statues (and many others) and think how great they could've been if they were the WHOLE character. Personally, I wish BD would've never done the half-statues. Would've rather they did a mid-sized, whole version of the characters that was less expensive, rather than compromise what could've been a great full sculpt by sawing them in half and selling them cheaper.

riderV3
01-31-2007, 03:04 PM
This discussion is as old as my wrinkly grandma....:laugh:
Generally I say no arms, but depends, if a character got some fancy stuff on his/her arms, then we should make them with arms.

SD RUM
01-31-2007, 03:10 PM
I prefer arms on MB's. But if the busts looks great w/ or without arms, I'll grab it. I'm not too picky.

Makkari1
01-31-2007, 03:17 PM
Do you prefer your BD Busts with or without arms? On on ehand I love the armless Busts, they seem to bring a classic Greek feel to these characters that really makes these stand out as originals. But baby-- The Armed Busts look so good in action poses, I can't imagine a Destroyer without those massive arms.

So, how says you?

Fishbonex if I didn't say it, welcome to The Staue Forum, where nuts and fanatics voice their opinions. I for one don't care for Mini Bust at all, I like the Full Size all the way. Some MB go well with the no arm look while others would look awkward without them. I agree that the Destroyer would not look good without arms. When you really look at it, this poll shows that people want more to their statue than an armless bandit. Bust that would be great FS are:

1.) The Destroyer
2.) Terrax
3.) Tigra
4.) Gladiator

There are others that should be listed here as well but they escape me at the moment.

whd
01-31-2007, 03:26 PM
I like the fact that BD still mixes it up. Every once in a while a bust with no arms, but I'm glad most have arms. :thumbs2:

Collection King 13
01-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Should be a mix... but obviously somebody keeps putting arms on everything...

deaconbluezzz
01-31-2007, 03:37 PM
LOL...awesome avatar Dana! Hulk Hogun...heh heh heh

Makkari1
01-31-2007, 03:43 PM
LOL...awesome avatar Dana! Hulk Hogun...heh heh heh

You're the one that shouldn't talk about avatars Deacon. I get so distracted when I see one of your post(Hot).:eplus2:

loccio
01-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Arms... Absolutely :buttrock:

deaconbluezzz
01-31-2007, 03:59 PM
You're the one that shouldn't talk about avatars Deacon. I get so distracted when I see one of your post(Hot).:eplus2:

Thanks...I need to whip up more of her to keep you (fellow) pervs happy ;)

Mastermold
01-31-2007, 04:01 PM
I'd say overall, I prefer arms. But many times, they can be done w/o and still look great.

That's generally how I feel too.

The Watcher
01-31-2007, 04:15 PM
I prefer arms.

BTW, some of the museum posed mini busts look pretty good too (Dr. Doom, Captain America, Iron Fist, etc.).

Ink
01-31-2007, 04:26 PM
no arms

armitage
01-31-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm in the minority on this but I like the busts sans arms.

to me my board!
01-31-2007, 04:50 PM
I wouldn't mind an occasional "armed" bust, for characters whose arms/hands/weaponry demand it (like BRB for example), but for the most part I'd prefer the classic bust look.

I agree - well put deacon. :thumbs2: Although I think certain busts could really do with arms: Thanos resculpt holding infinity gauntlet, and Ghost Rider swinging chain....

It all depends on the character - but I think BD are doing way too many busts with arms these days....the armless busts are getting very out-numbered which means displaying them together looks awkward.

A 50 - 50 balance is needed.

SirConor
01-31-2007, 05:07 PM
It depends on the character, truly, however I prefer the busts without arms. Does it matter? No, because nearly every bust now has arms, even when they are completely unnecessary.

JavOner
01-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Armless bust for me all the way.

koten
01-31-2007, 08:34 PM
Definitely with arms. What can I say, arms are great.

Professor Oreo
01-31-2007, 08:39 PM
No arms - unless the arms contain a defining element of character like Wolvies claws or the mandarin's rings.

rilynil
01-31-2007, 08:40 PM
Definitely with arms. What can I say, arms are great.
Yes, I declare I am fully pro-arms. I do not subscribe to the philosophies of the anti-arms contingent. A bust without arms is like arms without hands. And hands without fingers. And fingers without tips.

;)

F.O.O.M.
01-31-2007, 09:09 PM
No arms, which, as people have already said, gives the true definition of
a bust

risingstar
01-31-2007, 09:41 PM
Definitely arms.

jimbo5905
01-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Once again I'll stand with the minority against 1/2 statues. If you're gonna put arms on it and have them all "action-posed", go the distance and put legs on too.

No arms.

I have to agree with the deacon on this one; what concerns me the most is the ever-increasing size of the mb's with arms...they tend to dwarf the older ones and make them look less appealing...:thumbsdow

deaconbluezzz
01-31-2007, 10:10 PM
Yes, I declare I am fully pro-arms. I do not subscribe to the philosophies of the anti-arms contingent. A bust without arms is like arms without hands. And hands without fingers. And fingers without tips.

;)

Actually, a bust without arms is...well...pretty much the definition of a bust ;)

The Fog
01-31-2007, 10:18 PM
Bust's without arm's are bust's, Bust's with arm's are half statues, How can you have a bust with arm's, how can you have a half statue without arm's!!!
If you don't eat your meat , how can you have any pudding?
I like the early bust's, the bust's without arm's. But? This Destroyer thing, wow!

rilynil
01-31-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm glad the arm lovers are doubling up the armless lovers in the poll. :)
I'm not concerned with word definitions. I just believe busts with arms are so much more interesting to look at than simple torsos and heads.

Achiever
01-31-2007, 11:27 PM
Actually, a bust without arms is...well...pretty much the definition of a bust ;)

See, that's where you're wrong. I believe the proper definition of a bust is your avatar.

deaconbluezzz
01-31-2007, 11:31 PM
See, that's where you're wrong. I believe the proper definition of a bust is your avatar.

LOL...I heartily agree. Now if we could just get Randy to work in silicone :eplus2:

Achiever
01-31-2007, 11:33 PM
LOL...I heartily agree. Now if we could just get Randy to work in silicone :eplus2:

Dude, you may be on to something there...:laugh:

SeegRooster
02-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Gotta have arms.

Meteor Man
02-01-2007, 01:21 AM
All arms...all the time!:thumbs2:

htwhlr
02-01-2007, 09:11 AM
arms!:)

JDH
02-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Well, I used to think Rilynil was a man of exquisite taste and discernment...

I never laboured under that misconception with Dana though.

I would be delighted if BD reflected the voting with a one-armless-bust-in-four rotation. Or better yet, release a quarter of each edition with no arms. Just see how unpopular they'd be then.

With barely any exception, the armless busts are displayed proudly in my living room. The armed busts, with a handful of exceptions (a fitting measurement), are banished to my back-up display in my studio, along with that cousin with the hump we never talk about. The cousin, that is, not the hump. We talk about that all the time.

BadLuv
02-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Wow, we're really jones'n for sneeks aren't we. Back to arms vs. no arms topics again.

Ok, voted for arms......again

endsongjen
02-01-2007, 07:12 PM

i totally agree with you neil.