PDA

View Full Version : Is 2007 the end?!?!?!

Bowen Collector
01-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Does anyone know if 2007 is the final year for the Marvel line. If it is, does anyone think it would be cool if Bowen Designs was to do a DC Comics line.

lord odin
01-31-2007, 03:27 PM
Does anyone know if 2007 is the final year for the Marvel line. If it is, does anyone think it would be cool if Bowen Designs was to do a DC Comics line.
Don`t hold your breath waiting for bowen to get his hands on dc they own all the characters and dc-direct so there`s no need to outsource to bowen.

Collection King 13
01-31-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm sure it wont be the end for their Marvel line... but you never know...

Makkari1
01-31-2007, 03:38 PM

I really hope not, that would be a sad day indeed. I hope Bowen keeps going until his hands fall off, and then he can sculpt with his feet. As for DC, I have a real Marvel bias and would probably stop collecting Bowen if DC came into the picture. DC seems to do their own thing and have no heed for a Bowen, besides DC has been around for 30 years more than Marvel and I can't think of one DC character who has not been made either as a toy or statue.

Crom
01-31-2007, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't completely rule out the possibilty of Bowen working on DC characters. I don't know if he would get the chance to art direct a whole line like he does with the Marvel license, but I could see him working for DC. Possibly a line dedicated just to characters sculpted by Randy? Who knows? I think there is a better chance now than three years ago.

pmpknface
01-31-2007, 03:44 PM
The answer to your question - NO, we don't know.

But probablly not.

Gianco
01-31-2007, 03:46 PM
I would like to see a DC line with Randy Bowen´s treatment!!! But not right now, there are so many cool Marvel characters left to do!

loccio
01-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Oh my god!
I hope not :eek:

rychehitman
01-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Wake up people. When will you all learn to listen to the Lord Odin!

DC comics would NEVER use any other company other than DC Direct put out DC product in regards to statues and busts. Bowen Designs will NEVER get a DC license. That would be one of the worst business moves they could do. Why outsource when you have spent so much time and money building an insource infrestructure? Wont happen! Besides...DC is really TIME WARNER. They ultimately pull the strings.

Randy Bowen, as an individual sculptor, could go to work for DC Direct and sculpt mini busts and statues. They could crate a new line for him, create a new banner under the DC DIRECT name, but thats about it folks.

Ghost
01-31-2007, 03:53 PM
Imagine that, Randy working for DC like the rest of the guys. Wow, no offense to the magnificent work already done by DCD, but I can't wonder the awesome stuff he could create.

I wonder too what Randy would feel about working under another company as a freelancer or such? I don't think he'd want to do that anymore after running your own biz.

pmpknface
01-31-2007, 03:54 PM

Never dude.... they'll never listen. They'll just keep begging until they pass out... :banghead:

ilas
01-31-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't collect much DC stuff, so even if he went to DC, that would probably be the end of my Bowen collection.

lord odin
01-31-2007, 04:07 PM
DC comics would NEVER use any other company other than DC Direct put out DC product in regards to statues and busts. Bowen Designs will NEVER get a DC license. That would be one of the worst business moves they could do. Why outsource when you have spent so much time and money building an insource infrestructure? Wont happen! Besides...DC is really TIME WARNER. They ultimately pull the strings.

Randy Bowen, as an individual sculptor, could go to work for DC Direct and sculpt mini busts and statues. They could crate a new line for him, create a new banner under the DC DIRECT name, but thats about it folks.

Praise the lord and pass the plate the church of Lord Odin the modern day saints the Asgardians is open to all.:)

P.S. I accept Paypal,cashier`s check,money orders and credit cards personal checks also accepted but no blessings until check clears.:)

Juggernaut
01-31-2007, 04:07 PM
I hope Randy continues to produce Marvel character's.

Phase 4

Fs Mister sinsiter and fs Destroyer.

armitage
01-31-2007, 04:17 PM
I'd like to see Randy do DC characters(that sounds perverted):laugh:
Anyhow it'd be nice to see the obscure DC characters get some recognition.
I like Supes,Bats and Wonderwoman as much as the next guy, but I'd like to see some variety.
Metal Men,Doom Patrol( wink wink)

Walrus
01-31-2007, 04:21 PM
Will 2007 end without any new sneak peeks? Looking that way.

Bullseye
01-31-2007, 04:22 PM
DC comics would NEVER use any other company other than DC Direct put out DC product in regards to statues and busts.

Thats not correct. Weta have produced a line of Superman Returns pieces. :thumbs2: Also Koto produced some Batman pieces as well.

rychehitman
01-31-2007, 04:22 PM
I wonder too what Randy would feel about working under another company as a freelancer or such? I don't think he'd want to do that anymore after running your own biz.

Randy has made a very good living with BD and I would hope he has managed his money well. The Marvel licensing red tape might be enough to drive him away from wanting to deal with Marvel directly as a studio owner. Its no secret that Marvel has flooded the market with licenses, and it seems as though BD always has hoops to jump through inorder to please the suits, while tryin gto put out the best product on the market. Imagine how much of a relief it would be to just be a sculptor again, and not have to deal with that crap. Randy could EASILY be offered a artistic director position with DC direct, and make an occasional sculpt himself. Maybe then we would see something other than Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman from DC direct.

I would be happy to see Randy make such a move.

rychehitman
01-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Thats not correct. Weta have produced a line of Superman Returns pieces. :thumbs2: Also Koto produced some Batman pieces as well.

Those were both tied into the movies Bulls, werent they? Different licenses altogether. Weta and Koto could go out there and produce a Miricle Man mini bust out of the blue..could they?

cougartrace
01-31-2007, 04:24 PM
I hope the Marvel Line is continued. DC characters (with the exception of BATMAN) are uninteresting, in my opinion.

Bullseye
01-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Those were both tied into the movies Bulls, werent they? Different licenses altogether. Weta and Koto could go out there and produce a Miricle Man mini bust out of the blue..could they?

Just making the point that if you come up with the right proposal DC will give licences no matter how limited they are.

In saying that why would DC be offering exclusive contracts to sculptors and then give out licences to other companies. But it does seem that these sculptors spend a hell of a lot of their time on action figures which seem to make DC a hell of alot of money.

Ink
01-31-2007, 04:26 PM

Phase 4

and a jim lee cyclops MB:D

Deadpool
01-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Praise the lord and pass the plate the church of Lord Odin the modern day saints the Asgardians is open to all.:)
P.S. I accept Paypal,cashier`s check,money orders and credit cards personal checks also accepted but no blessings until check clears.:)

:laugh: Do you accept Food Stamps! :D

lord odin
01-31-2007, 04:45 PM
:laugh: Do you accept Food Stamps! :D

That would be illegal.:stick:

Between you and me I pay $60 cash for $100 food stamps.:confused2

Makkari1
01-31-2007, 04:54 PM

Phase 4

I hope for phase 4 Randy does the following:
1.) FS Destroyer
2.) FS Terrax
3.) FS Gladiator
4.) Fire Lord
5.) Lord Odin
6.) FS Hercules
7.) FS Beta Ray Bill
8.) 3 unit Warriors 3 bust (3 bust that could be joined together)

I'm their are others that could be added to this list.

Juggernaut
01-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Cool list.

I would like these in phase 4

FS:

Mister Sinister
Destroyer
Deathlok
Dr. Octopuss
Firelord
Gladiator Shiar Imperial Guard
Havok
Polaris
Quicksilver
Marvel Girl Jean grey
Giant-Man
Ant-Man
Wonder Man black outfit
Fantastic Four new version's
Blob

Juggernaut
01-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Also fs:

Loki
Bullseye
Kang
Ultron
Modok

SirConor
01-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Oh how I pray for phase IV... then Randy would have to address whether a FS Sinister will be done (and be done, it should!!).

Colossus
01-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Dc Sux

Tattoo-X
01-31-2007, 05:19 PM
With all the Sneak Peeks, there will most likely be a Phase 4.

Storm Lover
01-31-2007, 05:50 PM

Bowen is a long way from completing all the major characters of Marvel. I hope and pray that this is a false rumor.:bawling:

Make mine Marvel:buttrock:

SL

Storm Lover
01-31-2007, 05:53 PM
I'd like to see Randy do DC characters(that sounds perverted):laugh:
Anyhow it'd be nice to see the obscure DC characters get some recognition.
I like Supes,Bats and Wonderwoman as much as the next guy, but I'd like to see some variety.
Metal Men,Doom Patrol( wink wink)

I hope that never happens.:mad:

HoldyourfireAl
01-31-2007, 06:17 PM
I don't collect much DC stuff, so even if he went to DC, that would probably be the end of my Bowen collection.

Me too. I hope it never happens! I'd like Randy to stay in the Marvel Universe for years to come! I'm sure he would like to do other things, but I'm selfish! Once Randy & Marvel part ways...I'm done.

rychehitman
01-31-2007, 06:18 PM
Well, has anyone tried e mailing Randy on his personal website, and NOT BD site? Maybe he can shed some light on the topic...:)

http://www.randybowen.com/

Kirk Durfey
01-31-2007, 06:22 PM
I think Randy should produce more Kirby Monsters - Fin Fang Foom is lonely and needs company.

I would love to see this Marvel line continue as there are many more characters I would like to see busted. That being said, if Randy decided to work for DC and started a line of DC character busts I'd be on board...

Makkari1
01-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Me too. I hope it never happens! I'd like Randy to stay in the Marvel Universe for years to come! I'm sure he would like to do other things, but I'm selfish! Once Randy & Marvel part ways...I'm done.

We're all addicts and if Randy were to stop doing Marvel, I may just go into a corner and be in a fetal position rocking back and forth. :bawling: At that point the therapy may begin. Does Betty Ford have a recovering statue addict clinic?

HalJordanFan
01-31-2007, 06:33 PM
I really hope not, that would be a sad day indeed. I hope Bowen keeps going until his hands fall off, and then he can sculpt with his feet. As for DC, I have a real Marvel bias and would probably stop collecting Bowen if DC came into the picture. DC seems to do their own thing and have no heed for a Bowen, besides DC has been around for 30 years more than Marvel and I can't think of one DC character who has not been made either as a toy or statue.

Well I hope you had a good time collecting!!!! :stick: BD will probally never get a DC license, but if that 5% chance becomes reality then as Spongebob says it'll be "THE BEST DAY EVER" ( my kids watch that damn show ) All you haters on DC could just go right to SS od DST and keep getting you Marvel stuff.

Makkari1
01-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Well I hope you had a good time collecting!!!! :stick: BD will probally never get a DC license, but if that 5% chance becomes reality then as Spongebob says it'll be "THE BEST DAY EVER" ( my kids watch that damn show ) All you haters on DC could just go right to SS od DST and keep getting you Marvel stuff.

Its OK, you can admit that you watch Sponge Bob, we won't tell.:laugh:

kirthew
The only thing that could revitilize the statue industry... back to the 2000-2002 era.. where edition sizes were in the 3000 to 5000 range... everything sold out... and everyone was happy... would be if BD got a DC Licence...

DC Direct needs to go directly into making action figures... and stop their entire statue production... give a licence out to a company or two... and not spend a dime... It makes perfect business sense... Why sculpt statues when you can just kick back... and allow another company to do your work... and get your product out there for you...

SirConor
Dc Sux

What he said!

HoldyourfireAl
01-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Ya know....I'm thinking here....none of us really knows Randy's business. Who is to say that he can't do statues here & there for other companies? Did he ever say he was exclusive to Marvel? I'm sure since he paid a billion dollars for a Marvel license, it's in his best interest to get the most bang for a buck. Only Randy knows for sure!

TheMadTitan
01-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Also fs:

Loki
Bullseye
Kang
Ultron
Modok

:buttrock: :)

kirthew
01-31-2007, 06:45 PM
Dc Sux

I never understood this... why bash a company? I feel like we are a bunch of fanboys sometimes...

Ghost
01-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Randy has made a very good living with BD and I would hope he has managed his money well. The Marvel licensing red tape might be enough to drive him away from wanting to deal with Marvel directly as a studio owner. Its no secret that Marvel has flooded the market with licenses, and it seems as though BD always has hoops to jump through inorder to please the suits, while tryin gto put out the best product on the market. Imagine how much of a relief it would be to just be a sculptor again, and not have to deal with that crap. Randy could EASILY be offered a artistic director position with DC direct, and make an occasional sculpt himself. Maybe then we would see something other than Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman from DC direct.

I would be happy to see Randy make such a move.

I would too. Just curious to see how he would feel. And well I'm sure he's doing fine, just if he didn't get anymore Marvel, would he just put the studio on hold and go freelance or whaaat?

HoldyourfireAl
01-31-2007, 06:46 PM
The only thing that could revitilize the statue industry... back to the 2000-2002 era.. where edition sizes were in the 3000 to 5000 range... everything sold out... and everyone was happy... would be if BD got a DC Licence...

DC Direct needs to go directly into making action figures... and stop their entire statue production... give a licence out to a company or two... and not spend a dime... It makes perfect business sense... Why sculpt statues when you can just kick back... and allow another company to do your work... and get your product out there for you...

Dude...I don't know about you, but I'm more happy with the statue industry than ever! Bowen is making the best products in the history of his line, Hard Hero has a potentially great Iron Man coming out and Master Replicas has Tony's Hulk on tap. I'm a happy consumer!

HalJordanFan
01-31-2007, 06:47 PM
What he said!

You suck!!!!! :buttrock:

HoldyourfireAl
01-31-2007, 06:49 PM
I never understood this... why bash a company? I feel like we are a bunch of fanboys sometimes...

You're right. Bashing sux. Whether it be between sculpting companies, comic companies, whatever. A lot of us have been guilty of it. It's time for us all to grow up just a little. Bashing keeps creators away & minimizes our opinions.

BGA

PS: I still don't want Randy to leave DC for Marvel!

kirthew
01-31-2007, 06:50 PM
Dude...I don't know about you, but I'm more happy with the statue industry than ever! Bowen is making the best products in the history of his line, Hard Hero has a potentially great Iron Man coming out and Master Replicas has Tony's Hulk on tap. I'm a happy consumer!

I guess I am looking at it from a totally different point of view... I would hate to be a statue company with only one place to get a comic licence... Marvel... and then I have 4 or 5 different companies going after that statue dollar... Why do you think edition sizes have fallen so drastically... that a statue that is limited to 2000 sells for half retail on ebay... That is the industry I see... it is a sad state of affairs... sure... it is a great time to be collector.. but a horrible time to be in the business..

HalJordanFan
01-31-2007, 06:50 PM
Sometimes I feel like I'm neck deep in Noser and Fanboy dung!!!!!

CaptCracker
01-31-2007, 06:59 PM
Randy wouldnt be redoing main characters and holding out on others if he's planning to do this for a couple more years.....right?

HoldyourfireAl
01-31-2007, 07:04 PM
I guess I am looking at it from a totally different point of view... I would hate to be a statue company with only one place to get a comic licence... Marvel... and then I have 4 or 5 different companies going after that statue dollar... Why do you think edition sizes have fallen so drastically... that a statue that is limited to 2000 sells for half retail on ebay... That is the industry I see... it is a sad state of affairs... sure... it is a great time to be collector.. but a horrible time to be in the business..

It's capitalism at work my friend. We all vote with our dollars. The companies that stick it out & give the highest quality product with the most variety & a decent cost basis are the ones that will reap the rewards in the long-term.

kirthew
01-31-2007, 07:08 PM
It's capitalism at work my friend. We all vote with our dollars. The companies that stick it out & give the highest quality product with the most variety & a decent cost basis are the ones that will reap the rewards in the long-term.

Actually... in the statue industry... you would be wrong... Diamond keeps pumping out the bottom of the barrel stuff.. and yet they have been doing it for 7 to 8 years now... I dont know how they stay in business with what they release...

HoldyourfireAl
01-31-2007, 07:15 PM
Actually... in the statue industry... you would be wrong... Diamond keeps pumping out the bottom of the barrel stuff.. and yet they have been doing it for 7 to 8 years now... I dont know how they stay in business with what they release...

The only reason a company stays in business is that they make a profit. People must be buying product that some of us deem inferior. Ya know what? It only makes all the companies better!

Zemo55
01-31-2007, 08:16 PM
I betting on a P4. Sure there's a ton of DC characters that I love to see Randy do, but then there's Frazetta art I kill to see Randy render [I think Randy would do a fantastic job on the Frazetta art that graced the cover of E. R. Burroughs THE MOON MAID -- that would be a grail piece for me.] But no matter what Randy does in the future, Make Mine BOWEN!

SimmonM
01-31-2007, 09:24 PM
As someone already pointed out Weta and Kotobukiya have some sort of licensing agreement with DC. While Weta's producing movie statues I don't think Koto is - their Batman, Joker and Superman are clearly comics inspired. So is it really that hard to picture anyone outside of DC Direct obtaining a license?

I'd love to see Bowen Designs take on the DC Universe. Imagine Randy's or even the Kucharek's take on the big three (Supes, Batman & WW). A Shiflett's Doomsday, Darkseid or Lobo - I think that would be cool and I'd really love to see it. I think it would be the perfect compliment to his Marvel line.

risingstar
01-31-2007, 09:40 PM
I sure hope 2007 isn't the end.

HoldyourfireAl
01-31-2007, 09:55 PM
As someone already pointed out Weta and Kotobukiya have some sort of licensing agreement with DC. While Weta's producing movie statues I don't think Koto is - their Batman, Joker and Superman are clearly comics inspired. So is it really that hard to picture anyone outside of DC Direct obtaining a license?

I'd love to see Bowen Designs take on the DC Universe. Imagine Randy's or even the Kucharek's take on the big three (Supes, Batman & WW). A Shiflett's Doomsday, Darkseid or Lobo - I think that would be cool and I'd really love to see it. I think it would be the perfect compliment to his Marvel line.

A nice fantasy compromise would be Bowen continuing the Marvel line & be allowed to freelance a few outside companies' characters every year. I'm sure he'd like another shot at Superman his way, instead of by committee, and I've said before, he was born to do a John Buscema-style Conan the Barbarian. Who knows? Personally, I'd be more than happy if he continued Marvel with a Phase 4.

Ish
01-31-2007, 11:20 PM
that superman was hideous, i don't like it at all.

Conehead
01-31-2007, 11:29 PM

Good post:buttrock:

Achiever
01-31-2007, 11:32 PM

I vote for this as an early nominee for quote of the year.

HalJordanFan
01-31-2007, 11:32 PM
that superman was hideous, i don't like it at all.

It's a classic!

HoldyourfireAl
02-01-2007, 12:52 AM
It's a classic!

Randy doesn't love it! Read his "lost" interview.

Meteor Man
02-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Nah... still hoping for phase IV!

rilynil
02-01-2007, 02:23 AM
I hope the Marvel Line is continued. DC characters (with the exception of BATMAN) are uninteresting, in my opinion.
I've gotta agree. I'm eventually going to get some sort of Batman statue, but don't have any real desire for many others. Oh, but I'd love a great Swamp Thing FS. The only one I've seen pics of is not that impressive.

HoldyourfireAl
02-01-2007, 02:53 AM
The only DC I'd want is....

Green Arrow (have one!)
Firestorm (Ronnie Raymond, of course!)
Swamp Thing (no frickin flowers for hands!)
Flash (Wally West!)
Superman (a DEFINITIVE version, which I think Randy is capable of doing)
Wildstar (from Legion...I always loved the look of this character as a kid)

BGA

armitage
02-01-2007, 02:56 AM
and I've said before, he was born to do a John Buscema-style Conan the Barbarian. Who knows? Personally, I'd be more than happy if he continued Marvel with a Phase 4.

One of the most sensible things you've said.;)

HoldyourfireAl
02-01-2007, 02:57 AM
One of the most sensible things you've said.;)

If folks can't see John Buscema in Randy's work then they have no idea what they are collecting!

armitage
02-01-2007, 03:05 AM
If folks can't see John Buscema in Randy's work then they have no idea what they are collecting!

John Buscema was my favorite artist to this very day.
I'd be freakin' X-static if BD would do a Red Sonja and Conan bust/statue in Buscema's style. Randy's work has a touch of JB influence, which is why I dig it the most.

HoldyourfireAl
02-01-2007, 03:33 AM
I'd be freakin' X-static if BD would do a Red Sonja and Conan bust/statue in Buscema's style. Randy's work has a touch of JB influence, which is why I dig it the most.

Glad to see that someone gets it! I was a Sal Buscema fan myself, but am discovering big brother John's stuff in my declining years!

Tharg
02-01-2007, 06:12 AM
I hope the Marvel licence doesn't run out, but I would also like to see Randy tackle more indy characters, Alien Legion, Marshall Law, Tarrot, Rex Mantooth, The Tick...

Tharg

JDH
02-01-2007, 09:21 AM

Along with Howard the Duck, they stand out as easily the most prominent omissions from the bust line. A shame licensing gets in the way of them both, but maybe it's something Randy might pursue if the Marvel licence proper came to an end: Quasi-Marvel Mini-Busts. He could search out licences for ROM, the Micronauts...

GET
02-01-2007, 11:06 AM
I hope he does both.There

simongarth
02-01-2007, 11:11 AM
DC would be awesome!! I'd have to buy a whole new room of curios, just to hold them.

darthmatrix
02-01-2007, 12:16 PM
I hope 07 isnt the end and I hope Bowen stays away from DC

jimbo5905
02-01-2007, 12:25 PM
All of you DC haters are just scared...you all know that Batman would go through your "beloved" X-men like a hot knife through butter....Wolverine, HAH!!! Fanboys unite!!:)

A fs "museum" pose Batman by bowen would be INCREDIBLE....I have the original done by Randy, but his work has jumped by leaps and bounds since then...Marvel *****s itself out like a $5 hooker, why can't DC??

spider-man
02-01-2007, 12:51 PM
A fs "museum" pose Batman by bowen would be INCREDIBLE....I have the original done by Randy, but his work has jumped by leaps and bounds since then...Marvel *****s itself out like a $5 hooker, why can't DC??

well , this part of your comment is true anyway.

HalJordanFan
02-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Randy doesn't love it! Read his "lost" interview.

Why does it matter to me what Randy likes??? :banghead: He's not my god as he is yours. I have my own personal opinions and can think for myself. If you need someone to think for you then please send me all your money and statues.

jimbo5905
02-01-2007, 01:39 PM
well , this part of your comment is true anyway.

Both parts of my comments are true....I would LOVE to see Marvel and DC get together and do a Batman vs. Wolverine book....some of us who grew up on "Superfriends" just don't understand the fascination with the X-men....I mean, come on, Wolvie regenerates from a single drop of his blood?!?! Give me a break...I'll take the Hulk over Wolverine anyday....ok, I need to slow down a bit. I am, after all, 35 years old, and I'm bragging on a fictional character whooping a$$ on another fictional character.....:confused2

HoldyourfireAl
02-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Along with Howard the Duck, they stand out as easily the most prominent omissions from the bust line. A shame licensing gets in the way of them both, but maybe it's something Randy might pursue if the Marvel licence proper came to an end: Quasi-Marvel Mini-Busts. He could search out licences for ROM, the Micronauts...

Randy's Micronauts! A big fantasy!!!!! I'd buy everyone FS!!!!!!!!! He would have to do the ship as well, The Endeavor!!!!

HoldyourfireAl
02-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Why does it matter to me what Randy likes??? :banghead: He's not my god as he is yours. I have my own personal opinions and can think for myself. If you need someone to think for you then please send me all your money and statues.

All I'm saying is that, I'm sure he would love to re-do Superman on his terms.

darthmatrix
02-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Batman vs. Wolverine

I'd take Wolvie :stick:

jimbo5905
02-01-2007, 05:37 PM

Well....I'm sure you've been wrong before, so this won't be the first time...:stick:

darthmatrix
02-01-2007, 06:18 PM

Well....I'm sure you've been wrong before, so this won't be the first time...:stick:

well there was this one time long ago when i thought batman could beat Wolverine. i was wrong then :stick: :tounge:

Tattoo-S
02-02-2007, 03:59 AM

Hmmm, I wonder if other feel the same when they pull their heads out to breath!.....:laugh: :laugh:

Tattoo-S
02-02-2007, 04:01 AM

I have wondered this for nearly 10 years, it's basically because they have a monopoly on distribution, that encompasses the globe. If a good company came along and could give them a run for their $$ for even 6 month, we would most likely see Diamond shrivel and die......I am keeping my fingers crossed, but I'll not hold my breath. :mad:

GET
02-02-2007, 02:52 PM
To me it doesn't matter which Comic Book character he does.In the end ,me and you will be buying some of it anyway to satisfy our addiction.

genesimmons1
02-02-2007, 02:57 PM
I tihnk its time to just do say quarterly projects with marvel. that will make his stuff more of an event.I hope that dc and him get together for a complete round of fullsizes.remember with most of the remaining marvel stable he would have to keep them at a1000 or lower. so he should himself do the dc stable,while still over seeing the marvel work.

genesimmons1
02-02-2007, 04:31 PM
dc has to be the next step,right? even dc would have to see who did there 2most famous statues ,the superman from seinfeild, and the bowen batman. dc statue company needs some shaking up.this would be perfect for them. ...bowen does dc... thats all the ads would have to say.people would come running.

Ink
02-02-2007, 04:34 PM
I have wondered this for nearly 10 years, it's basically because they have a monopoly on distribution, that encompasses the globe. If a good company came along and could give them a run for their $$ for even 6 month, we would most likely see Diamond shrivel and die......I am keeping my fingers crossed, but I'll not hold my breath. :mad:

hopes & dreams...

genesimmons1
02-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Both parts of my comments are true....I would LOVE to see Marvel and DC get together and do a Batman vs. Wolverine book....some of us who grew up on "Superfriends" just don't understand the fascination with the X-men....I mean, come on, Wolvie regenerates from a single drop of his blood?!?! Give me a break...I'll take the Hulk over Wolverine anyday....ok, I need to slow down a bit. I am, after all, 35 years old, and I'm bragging on a fictional character whooping a$$ on another fictional character.....:confused2

over the last 5 years or so marvel has got absured with wolvies regenerative powers.punisher runs him over with a steam roller.a flat pulpy puddle,and he gets up from that .they need new blood at the top of that company in the worst way.

lord odin
02-03-2007, 05:25 PM
over the last 5 years or so marvel has got absured with wolvies regenerative powers.punisher runs him over with a steam roller.a flat pulpy puddle,and he gets up from that .they need new blood at the top of that company in the worst way.
That`s nothing he got nuked by Nitro down to bones and he heals right up.:thumbsdow

Juggernaut
02-03-2007, 05:32 PM
When did Wolverine get rolled over by a steam roller and get nuked by Nitro?

lord odin
02-03-2007, 05:36 PM
He fought Nitro in wolverine #43 I think that was when he went boom.
I don`t know about the steam roller.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/taxx10/Wolb.jpg

jimbo5905
02-03-2007, 05:51 PM
He fought Nitro in wolverine #43 I think that was when he went boom.
I don`t know about the steam roller.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r131/taxx10/Wolb.jpg

The way Marvel has portrayed Wolverine is absurd....you'd think that they put him on the same power level as Superman....I really wish that Nitro had burned up that last drop of blood so that we wouldn't have to deal with this fiasco anymore....they've really taken away what made the character cool in the first place...Wolverine is NOT on the same level as the Hulk, Thor, Superman, or Batman....BATS WOULD HAND WOLVERINE HIS ASS IN TEN SECONDS FLAT....END OF STORY....:thumbs2:

Juggernaut
02-03-2007, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the info.

Juggernaut
02-03-2007, 05:54 PM
I know Wolverine has his healing factor.

Getting nuked should have been to much even for Wolverine.

jimbo5905
02-03-2007, 06:17 PM
I know Wolverine has his healing factor.

Getting nuked should have been to much even for Wolverine.

Thanks for the info.:peoples:

Juggernaut
02-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the info.:peoples:

So your a smart ass. :stick: :laugh:

genesimmons1
02-03-2007, 07:44 PM

the steam roller event was in a garth ennis punisher comic.I read it at a bookstore so I cant remember the issue.but its true,believe me.I stood there with my mouth open for a few seconds.

jimbo5905
02-03-2007, 08:11 PM
So your a smart ass. :stick: :laugh:

I make my momma proud...:) :thumbs2:

HalJordanFan
02-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Wow Marvel is really over the top with Wolverine now huh? I haven't read a book in quite a few years, but I see I'm not missing much. I was under the impression that the Hulk's healing was faster than Wolvie's. According to that picture their healing powers are equal.

lord odin
02-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Wow Marvel is really over the top with Wolverine now huh? I haven't read a book in quite a few years, but I see I'm not missing much. I was under the impression that the Hulk's healing was faster than Wolvie's. According to that picture their healing powers are equal.
The Hulk was the fastest healer except maybe Deadpool but they have it where Wolvie can heal fast from anything.

Scottsdale Saint
02-04-2007, 03:57 AM
the steam roller event was in a garth ennis punisher comic.I read it at a bookstore so I cant remember the issue.but its true,believe me.I stood there with my mouth open for a few seconds.while i agree that Marvel is completely over the top with Wolvie's healing factor, the Punisher appearance was a complete goof. Ennis was just doing his usual, i hate costumes and i'm going to abuse them as much as possible.

tarim69
02-04-2007, 04:47 AM
Back when I was reading Uncanny X-Men(I stopped around when Paul Smith shortly after Paul Smith left the book,# 180s I think), Wolverines mouth was always bigger than he was able to back up. Especially during the Claremont/Byrne era. He always seemed to be taken out early,Cyclops was able to knock him around a bit,Colossus even took him out with just one punch.
That healing factor in those pages is ridiculous. I remember a Pyro made fire monster had him for only a few seconds, not even long enough to shred his costume, but Wolv was out of it for awhile while he regenrated and even said it was a close call.

So back then he definitely could have been killed if sustaining enough damage. As the character became more popular they made him much stronger.

As for Bowen, I understand he has to do what sells, but hes got ANOTHER Wolverine coming out. He does some independent stuff occasionally,Id like to see him do some other stuff - Judge Dredd, The Tick, Ninja Turtles, Tetsuo,Gatchaman,a FS Groo (which I was planning on doing next since my Faun plans got killed since MIM is doing one)....something different.

Im not really a Bowen collector.His new Thor is magnificent, itll be my only statue by him since his Hunter Rose Grendel which I got years ago.

And Im looking foward to his Goon

Juggernaut
02-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the info Gene.

genesimmons1
02-04-2007, 12:49 PM
while i agree that Marvel is completely over the top with Wolvie's healing factor, the Punisher appearance was a complete goof. Ennis was just doing his usual, i hate costumes and i'm going to abuse them as much as possible.
yea I hear you saint.but, it was done in an official comic.and then a few years later they have nitro nuke him.I am not sure which scene would be more ubelievable.its just the point that somebody is out of control in the marvel offices.I dont know if the writers are running the asylum or not but there doing things that are gonna be hard to come back from.Imean is any body gonna be able to look at mr fantastic in a good way again after his civil war appearences.the way he is acting dosent seem much like himself at all .unless they are totaly gonna leave him separated from his wife and the rest of the heroes that he ,you know, tried to imprison for not seeing things his way.I dont know ,thats why I think somebodys gotta go at the top,and I guess that means joe q.

lord odin
02-04-2007, 01:00 PM
yea I hear you saint.but, it was done in an official comic.and then a few years later they have nitro nuke him.I am not sure which scene would be more ubelievable.its just the point that somebody is out of control in the marvel offices.I dont know if the writers are running the asylum or not but there doing things that are gonna be hard to come back from.Imean is any body gonna be able to look at mr fantastic in a good way again after his civil war appearences.the way he is acting dosent seem much like himself at all .unless they are totaly gonna leave him separated from his wife and the rest of the heroes that he ,you know, tried to imprison for not seeing things his way.I dont know ,thats why I think somebodys gotta go at the top,and I guess that means joe q.

I think marvel has to stop and see where they are so they can see where they are going.

genesimmons1
02-04-2007, 02:34 PM
the whole civil war story is such a mistake .I know its selling reams.I am buying and reading it but almost like the way you want to see a car wreck.and millar has written some of my favorite stories.any body read his authority stories,there great. but this is not working out.they make spidey give up his secret id.you know the thing that keeps frail aunt may or his hot wife from being killed,raped,or a combination of the two, by his very pissed of foes.then like the next month he decides he made a terrible mistake and switches sides to the side we all know he would have been on in the begining anyway.and than the goverment is going to hire venom!!! bullseye!!!and the rest of those homicidal maniacs!!! to round up the rest of the heroes who are against registration.ironman and mister fantastic are ok with this?I mean any comic story is going to sound realy out there,but this is realy streching it way to thin.

lord odin
02-04-2007, 02:55 PM
the whole civil war story is such a mistake .I know its selling reams.I am buying and reading it but almost like the way you want to see a car wreck.and millar has written some of my favorite stories.any body read his authority stories,there great. but this is not working out.they make spidey give up his secret id.you know the thing that keeps frail aunt may or his hot wife from being killed,raped,or a combination of the two, by his very pissed of foes.then like the next month he decides he made a terrible mistake and switches sides to the side we all know he would have been on in the begining anyway.and than the goverment is going to hire venom!!! bullseye!!!and the rest of those homicidal maniacs!!! to round up the rest of the heroes who are against registration.ironman and mister fantastic are ok with this?I mean any comic story is going to sound realy out there,but this is realy streching it way to thin.
I couldn`t agree more about civil war and if they can clone Thor why don`t they clone some other heroes instead of using killers and psychopaths like Bullseye.:thumbsdow

genesimmons1
02-04-2007, 03:11 PM
I couldn`t agree more about civil war and if they can clone Thor why don`t they clone some other heroes instead of using killers and psychopaths like Bullseye.:thumbsdow

perfect point odin, about cloning thor.I mean some of this story line is reading like fan fiction writing,not the company that is supposed to be in charge.ther are points in this story that, they touched on ,that should have never been brought up.to me it seems like a desperate story that just happened to come out right after infinite crisis when dc was really making its best run at marvel ever in terms of sales and fan appreciation.I mean a clone of thor? by mr fantastic and iron man?I mean thats just like laugh out loud funny, if you ask me.I mean you cant argue with the sales.but lets wait and see how this car wreck of a story keeps people around.