PDA

View Full Version : Randy/Wizardworld LA announcement

HoldyourfireAl
02-02-2007, 09:12 PM
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/conventions/la/WW20070201-death.cfm

HoldyourfireAl
02-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Looks like the middle of March for sneaks, folks!

Bullseye
02-02-2007, 09:16 PM
This blows.

MONSTER
02-02-2007, 09:26 PM
This blows.

Says you. I get to see them in person!:buttrock:

Bullseye
02-02-2007, 09:27 PM

You blow lol.:)

MONSTER
02-02-2007, 09:29 PM
You blow lol.:)

I tell Randy that you and Al said Hi.:tounge: ;)

Bullseye
02-02-2007, 09:33 PM
I tell Randy that you and Al said Hi.:tounge: ;)

Should be a good show. Enjoy.:thumbs2:

MONSTER
02-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Should be a good show. Enjoy.:thumbs2:

Thanks. Its a small show in comparison to San Diego but its a nice warmup. I like that its not too crowded.

JavOner
02-02-2007, 09:35 PM
What a rip-off, i'm not a happy fan :mad:

MONSTER
02-02-2007, 09:36 PM
What a rip-off, i'm not a happy fan :mad:

Huh?:confused:

JavOner
02-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Huh?:confused:

just dont like that we have to wait for sneaks, while folks in LA will see them first. Also that 375 Archangels will be sold to club members.

MONSTER
02-02-2007, 09:47 PM
just dont like that we have to wait for sneaks, while folks in LA will see them first. Also that 375 Archangels will be sold to club members.

How do you know Bowen won't premiere the exclusives on the website at the same time? Bowen has always brought sneaks to shows. This is also not the first convention exclusive. At least this one is available to CC members.

I think you're getting all excited over nothing. You've been collecting for awhile and know this is just how it works sometimes.

JavOner
02-02-2007, 09:54 PM
How do you know Bowen won't premiere the exclusives on the website at the same time? Bowen has always brought sneaks to shows. This is also not the first convention exclusive. At least this one is available to CC members.

I think you're getting all excited over nothing. You've been collecting for awhile and know this is just how it works sometimes.

I undestand all that stuff, but take care off your loyal fans first then the rest. We should get first crack at this bust. And i'm not getting excited is just how i feel. I'm getting this bust no matter what :buttrock: is fraking awsome.

MONSTER
02-02-2007, 09:59 PM
Fair enough but I think BD goal is to bring in new fans by showing off the Big Guns (Spidey, Cap, Wolverine, Iron Man) at the show while doing his best to keep his "loyal fans" happy.

JavOner
02-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Fair enough but I think BD goal is to bring in new fans by showing off the Big Guns (Spidey, Cap, Wolverine, Iron Man) at the show while doing his best to keep his "loyal fans" happy.

I hope thats what happens like this bowen keeps sculpting marvel.

Andy Bergholtz
02-02-2007, 10:13 PM
...just dont like that we have to wait for sneaks, while folks in LA will see them first...

You're kidding right? Doesn't this forum get to see every single Bowen product way earlier than 99.999999% of the rest of the world on a regular basis? Then one thing happens like this and people start acting like Bowen doesn't "take care of the loyal fans"... Yeesh. Speaking of which, I think I missed the newsletter that stated there will be no loyal Bowen fans in attendance at WWLA....

No wonder he shut down his own forum and stopped going to shows like this. Even "loyal fans" can't wait to put you on the chopping block the first instant you don't cater to their every whim.

Closetnerd
02-02-2007, 10:15 PM
You're kidding right? Doesn't this forum get to see every single Bowen product way earlier than 99.999999% of the rest of the world on a regular basis? Then one thing happens like this and people start acting like Bowen doesn't "take care of the loyal fans"... Yeesh. Speaking of which, I think I missed the newsletter that stated there will be no loyal Bowen fans in attendance at WWLA....

WELL SAID... :thumbs2:

JavOner
02-02-2007, 10:30 PM

No wonder he shut down his own forum and stopped going to shows like this. Even "loyal fans" can't wait to put you on the chopping block the first instant you don't cater to their every whim.

Talk about getting excited and sounding like and a$$. And putting people on a chopping block :) .

MONSTER
02-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Talk about getting excited and sounding like and a$$. And putting people on a chopping block :) .

Yeah but if you apologize JavOner, we'll forgive you for acting like an ass.:eplus2:

Andy-You going to be at Wizard World LA?

JavOner
02-02-2007, 10:55 PM
Yeah but if you apologize JavOner, we'll forgive you for acting like an ass.:eplus2:

Andy-You going to be at Wizard World LA?

apologize, Yeah thats going to happen :spam: . I'm not going to LA, pregnant wife also have a 1yr old baby. I was going to go by myself, but i'll take that money an buy a new glass case :buttrock: .

imthkman
02-02-2007, 11:01 PM

375 to CC meembers seems a bit low. I wish it were a bit higher. The only good thing is that Ebay will probably be flooded with them, and maybe the price will stay depressed. The sneaks part doesn't bother me in the least.

JavOner
02-02-2007, 11:02 PM
375 to CC meembers seems a bit low. I wish it were a bit higher. The only good thing is that Ebay will probably be flooded with them, and maybe the price will stay depressed. The sneaks part doesn't bother me in the least.

I really dont care for sneak pics. I agree with you on the 375 for members.

marvelboi77
02-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Don't worry guys... I will bring the digital camera and I will hook you all up when I get back from the show on Friday. Of course I will have to send the pics to someone because I still can't get those damn web/ photo sites to post my pics.

JavOner
02-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Don't worry guys... I will bring the digital camera and I will hook you all up when I get back from the show on Friday. Of course I will have to send the pics to someone because I still can't get those damn web/ photo sites to post my pics.

Photobucket.com my friend,from there is just copy and paste.

jk2law
02-02-2007, 11:23 PM
Actually I got a booth in L.A. and look forward to seeing Randy. I signed up months ago and wasn't sure it would be fun but I guess we got a bonus.

Ghost
02-02-2007, 11:27 PM
Sweet deal. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up another Bowen piece for the flat. I'm Bowen less at the moment!!!

d rod
02-02-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm actually glad that he's going to have some sneaks there. It's good for the industry. Like anyone else, I would like to be the first to see it. But, sacrificing a first view is ok if it means that the industry gains from it. I'm glad he's going to the show and I hope it's great for him and goes to more shows.

btw: Toy Fair in Feb is where a ton of manufacturers are going to show sneaks and they also have loyal fans.

heykool69
02-03-2007, 12:08 AM
Was gonna save up to go SDCC. But since i've heard Randy & Andy are gonna be there.... heck i'll be there 3 days just to catch a glimpse :)

JadeGiant
02-03-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm actually glad that he's going to have some sneaks there. It's good for the industry. Like anyone else, I would like to be the first to see it. But, sacrificing a first view is ok if it means that the industry gains from it. I'm glad he's going to the show and I hope it's great for him and goes to more shows.

btw: Toy Fair in Feb is where a ton of manufacturers are going to show sneaks and they also have loyal fans.

I agree - I think it is cool for these to debut at the show - nice incentive for people at the show ... plus, I am sure we will see them shortly afterward anyway

d rod
02-03-2007, 12:18 AM
also, talking about bowen pieces. all you fans need to see the statue forum awards. it opened today. bowen up for bust and statue of the year so go in there and vote for your favorite piece. there are also comic book categories but make sure you make your voice heard. it's the first section of this forum.

fred flintstone
02-03-2007, 04:43 AM

could be worse - you could live in australia and thus not get to the show and unable to join BDCC to get one of the 375!
:bawling:

2000man
02-03-2007, 05:17 AM
I think it is great that not only is Randy doing a con, but giving the folks at the show something worth looking at. We'll get our death bust and sneaks soon enough

randy bowen
02-03-2007, 02:47 PM

A little bird told me that Eric Sosa and Ray Villafane were going to be there as well.

C. Bormann
02-03-2007, 02:49 PM
A little bird told me that Eric Sosa and Ray Villafane were going to be there as well.

I think that little bird is the WIZARD WORLD LA website:laugh:

MONSTER
02-03-2007, 03:02 PM

Sweet! I am going to be lugging around a ton of statues to get signed. Should be fun!

Randy-Any chance of you bringing the Bib Fortuna bust you sculpted to the show?

randy bowen
02-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Sweet! I am going to be lugging around a ton of statues to get signed. Should be fun!

Randy-Any chance of you bringing the Bib Fortuna bust you sculpted to the show?

I'll try to remember to bring it.

MONSTER
02-03-2007, 03:12 PM
I'll try to remember to bring it.

Awesome!!! I've been wanting to see it since you first mentioned it!:buttrock:

ZKULPTOR
02-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Pardon the intrusion man, and no disrespect to you or anyone...but Andy is one of the coolest people I've met, and I think he deserves a bit of respect, and for the record, he's right BD is always showing sneaks all the time...
don't take it so hard, bro..looking forward to meeting you there ;)
My two cents ;)
Sosa

ZKULPTOR
02-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Hi Randy, it's true..just hoping Andy will join us also.

MONSTER
02-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi Randy, it's true..just hoping Andy will join us also.

Ditto!

Tony Coca
02-03-2007, 04:18 PM
cool.

now where are the sneaks.:peoples:

JavOner
02-03-2007, 05:40 PM
Pardon the intrusion man, and no disrespect to you or anyone...but Andy is one of the coolest people I've met, and I think he deserves a bit of respect, and for the record, he's right BD is always showing sneaks all the time...
don't take it so hard, bro..looking forward to meeting you there ;)
My two cents ;)
Sosa

Verry cool and i respect your opinion as i did his :thumbs2: . Just alot folk around here dont respect others opinions. Especially when your opinion is not the same as their's.

HoldyourfireAl
02-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Verry cool and i respect your opinion as i did his :thumbs2: . Just alot folk around here dont respect others opinions. Especially when your opinion is not the same as their's.

Maybe by the time Randy's new sneaks appear, all of us will have finally learned to respect each other and the creators & producers who read & post here.

Good Thoughts!

Al

C. Bormann
02-03-2007, 07:22 PM
In this day and age of camera phones and high speed internet, I have a feeling that people on the forum will be seeing the sneak peeks before the fans at the back of the line at WWLA.

Closetnerd
02-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Just bought my VIP tickets. Including my Archangel MB guaranteed!
Looking forward to a mini SDCC........