PDA

View Full Version : Lack of sneaks has killed this forum.

BeerNutta
02-05-2007, 11:09 AM
I used to come here to see other peoples collections, new stuff, sneaks, read what about what might happen in the future of BD from RB himself etc....etc....

It used to excite me and make me want to go out and buy FS.

Then all the B!tC#!NG creeped in and the fun stopped.

Now with the Lack of Sneaks. This forum has died. No one talks anymore. Most people here just complain about why the sneak peak has not arrived.

I am amazed at how, through one page. RB has managed to kill an entire forum.

I wonder if/when the sneaks do show up if people will be grateful and excited or complain and b!t@#. :thumbsdow

Achiever
02-05-2007, 11:22 AM
RB has managed to kill an entire forum.

Randy killed the ENTIRE forum! That jerk!:rolleyes2

Dude, you are sooooo dramatic. Go find something else to do!:thumbs2:

chromesamurai
02-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Ok, now we've overreacted a bit. "Lack of sneaks?" Seriously? That's ridiculous. I love this hobby, but maybe you should visit other websites/get other hobbies/get a job/girlfriend/pet.

Life does not revolve around the Bowen Forum.

phnx75
02-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Just a bit of exageration. It's only been like a week or two. Relax dude.

Killed an entire forum? I don't think that one person...least not Randy...has single handedly killed the forum. Plus this is not the only section of the Statueforum.

Alex655321
02-05-2007, 11:32 AM
As much as I like Bowen Designes, this forum is much more than that.
No reason to go crazy, the sneeks will be up soon enough.
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/alex655321_2006/Joke%20Pictures/sp_ahhh.gifhttp://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/alex655321_2006/Joke%20Pictures/sp_ahhh.gifhttp://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/alex655321_2006/Joke%20Pictures/sp_ahhh.gifhttp://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/alex655321_2006/Joke%20Pictures/sp_ahhh.gif

JLM
02-05-2007, 11:37 AM
With all due respect, that's nonsense. :)

The home grown section is the most vibrant section of this board. Plenty of interesting and unique stuff over there.

Failing that, go outside and enjoy the fresh air. :)

High Lord Apocalypse
02-05-2007, 11:42 AM
With all due respect, that's nonsense. :)

The home grown section is the most vibrant section of this board. Plenty of interesting and unique stuff over there.

Failing that, go outside and enjoy the fresh air. :)

yeah beernutta, i agree with jonathan and the rest of the boys. the home section is off the hook, have you seen saul's bug eyes?:)

besides randy is not obligated to show us sneeks every week or whenever fans think he should. if anything we're spoiled and i think randy even puts stuff up a little ahead of schedule so we won't keep whining like this.

it'll be here soon enough.

snappahead
02-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Not being a Bowen collector, I can't help but enjoy all this a little bit. I wonder if Randy had any idea how much torture that page was going to inflict or if this is all a surprise to him. Either way, I think it's brilliant. That practically blank page has gotten more attention then any one sneak ever could.

I collect SS and HH. If you think the wait for Bowen sneaks is long...try waiting for an HH sneak LOL. Randy has spoiled you guys. It's hilarious to see some members on here go nuts when it's only been a couple weeks since the last sneak.

JLM
02-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Not being a Bowen collector, I can't help but enjoy all this a little bit. I wonder if Randy had any idea how much torture that page was going to inflict or if this is all a surprise to him. Either way, I think it's brilliant. That practically blank page has gotten more attention then any one sneak ever could.

It reminds me of the bit in The Truman Show, where the show goes off the air, and all of a sudden the ratings go up.

Tetragrammaton
02-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Well, if the only reason you ever log onto the forum is to see Bowen sneeks, then I guess the forum has been "dead" to you for the last two weeks.

phnx75
02-05-2007, 12:13 PM
yeah beernutta, i agree with jonathan and the rest of the boys. the home section is off the hook, have you seen saul's bug eyes?:)

besides randy is not obligated to show us sneeks every week or whenever fans think he should. if anything we're spoiled and i think randy even puts stuff up a little ahead of schedule so we won't keep whining like this.

it'll be here soon enough.

And spoiled we are. :)

endsongjen
02-05-2007, 12:17 PM
yup this forum is still alive and kicking

SD RUM
02-05-2007, 12:22 PM
In the beginning I just looked at the Bowen section but then I began to check out other areas on this forum. There are a lot of great sections on this forum like artist alley, sculptor's corner and comics. When it comes to new sneaks, we just have to be patient. Explore other sections on this forum, you won't be disappointed.

boondocksaint
02-05-2007, 12:26 PM
one of the funniest threads ive ever read,,,

limit yourself to one product and this is what happens....insanity! LOL

HalJordanFan
02-05-2007, 12:37 PM
This is the craziest thing I've ever read. This forum is ALOT more than just BD. While they're my favorite sculpting right now (until DC does something better) this forum has tons to offer. From the sculpting pages, General Discussion, other companies etc....This place is great if your a statue collector.

Sniper
02-05-2007, 12:40 PM
heY I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE HH STEALTH IRONMAN PICKS FOR MONTHS... IT HAS BEEN SO LONG I DON'T CARE ANYLONGER AND WILL NOT BE PICKING THIS PIECE UP, I WILL BUY THE BOWEN MINI BUST AND THAT WILL BE ENOUGH
I GUESS WELLWISHER WILL CALL ME A BOWENOSER

lord odin
02-05-2007, 12:42 PM
I never cared for sneaks it`s fine with me if there`s never another sneak.

deaconbluezzz
02-05-2007, 12:43 PM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1177563/FredSanford.gif

heh heh heh

Cage
02-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Am I the only one who clicks "New Posts"? I rarely go to one section I just constantly go to new posts and have a ball.

endsongjen
02-05-2007, 12:48 PM
cage. adriana lima is the hotness, never noticed her on there. lol

lord odin
02-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Am I the only one who clicks "New Posts"? I rarely go to one section I just constantly go to new posts and have a ball.
I do the same.

boondocksaint
02-05-2007, 12:49 PM

thats what i do,,,,never checked by sections only new posts...unless i posted something and i havent been on in a day or 2

The General
02-05-2007, 12:51 PM
My opinion hasn't changed. Everything is Zurbs fault. So if this forum is dead it's all because of Zurb. That Lucas clone remington man beard bastich.:buttrock:

Collection King 13
02-05-2007, 12:53 PM

Thats how I've done it since day 1!!! :buttrock:

chromesamurai
02-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Boy, this thread seems really silly right now, doesn't it?

Tetragrammaton
02-05-2007, 03:00 PM
NO, this thread does not seem any sillier now than it did before!

Besides, this thread concerns sneeks and all we got so far in terms of sneeks today is a 26-inch Sentinel that we had already seen pics of about six months ago.

RichBamf
02-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Randy Bowen killed the Forum

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If the only place you check is the Bowen section, how did you not get bored before?

Primal
02-05-2007, 03:06 PM
I kinda thought Bowen gave plenty of sneak peaks. More so than lots of companies out there.
If you're expecting sneaks on a daily basis then well, cant help you there.

Same here.
Plenty of good stuff all over the place. :thumbs2:

chromesamurai
02-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Well, the thread was silly to begin with, yes.

And I don't know about you, but I'd prefer seeing stuff pop up in the ordering section than the behind the scenes. They're closer to release. The Rogue was a nice surprise, since she'd been sneaked ages ago. There's stuff that was sneaked long before her that still haven't seen the light of day.

And invariably, with sneaks come drama. Honest feedback and criticism is good, but then you have people whining and threatening to sell their crap if Randy doesn't resculpt someone to make their belt half an inch thicker.

Alex655321
02-05-2007, 04:47 PM
heY I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THE HH STEALTH IRONMAN PICKS FOR MONTHS... IT HAS BEEN SO LONG I DON'T CARE ANYLONGER AND WILL NOT BE PICKING THIS PIECE UP, I WILL BUY THE BOWEN MINI BUST AND THAT WILL BE ENOUGH
I GUESS WELLWISHER WILL CALL ME A BOWENOSER

:laugh:;) :thumbs2:

Alex655321
02-05-2007, 04:49 PM

Thats exactly how I view it.
Only way to catch all the action as it happens.

Tattoo-X
02-05-2007, 04:51 PM
I used to come here to see other peoples collections, new stuff, sneaks, read what about what might happen in the future of BD from RB himself etc....etc....

Now with the Lack of Sneaks. This forum has died. No one talks anymore. Most people here just complain about why the sneak peak has not arrived.

I wonder if/when the sneaks do show up if people will be grateful and excited or complain and b!t@#. :thumbsdow

You're right, RB managed to kill the forum by flooding it with Sneak Peeks. Then leaving a dry spell with nothing to talk about.

Underdog07
02-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Rumors of the forum's death have been greatly exaggerated.

Since the initial sneak post on BD's site, the forum has had great threads ad discussions regarding: the awards section come alive, a lot of discussion about the Huge EBay Sideshow scam, the StatueForum - Hard Hero issue, and the SuperBowl. And more discussions are coming up/heating up such as the NY Comic Con, BD's Sentinel, my birthday, and other things.

There is lots going on and no reason that a lack of sneaks should "kill the forum". Although I agree people whining about the lack of sneaks is tiresome. But hey, whining in general is tiresome.

Tattoo-X
Ok, now we've overreacted a bit. "Lack of sneaks?" Seriously? That's ridiculous. I love this hobby, but maybe you should visit other websites/get other hobbies/get a job/girlfriend/pet.

Life does not revolve around the Bowen Forum.

LOL. Exactly.

Bullseye
You people do realise there are other sections on this forum besides Bowen Designs.

Underdog07
02-05-2007, 04:53 PM
Thats exactly how I view it.
Only way to catch all the action as it happens.

I never knew about this option until Galactus referred to it about 3 months ago. I then looked around and found out what it does. That alone made the Forum much more enjoyable. Now I see things from all different sections.

JLM
02-05-2007, 04:54 PM
Rumors of the forum's death have been greatly exaggerated.

Since the initial sneak post on BD's site, the forum has had great threads ad discussions regarding: the awards section come alive, a lot of discussion about the Huge EBay Sideshow scam, the StatueForum - Hard Hero issue, and the SuperBowl. And more discussions are coming up/heating up such as the NY Comic Con, BD's Sentinel, my birthday, and other things.

There is lots going on and no reason that a lack of sneaks should "kill the forum". Although I agree people whining about the lack of sneaks is tiresome. But hey, whining in general is tiresome.

Is that a hint? ;)

Tattoo-X
02-05-2007, 04:55 PM

I collect SS and HH. If you think the wait for Bowen sneaks is long...try waiting for an HH sneak LOL. Randy has spoiled you guys. It's hilarious to see some members on here go nuts when it's only been a couple weeks since the last sneak.

He knows.
It's known as the Chaos Marketing Tactic that BD is well known for IMO.

Zemo55
02-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Well, if the only reason you ever log onto the forum is to see Bowen sneeks, then I guess the forum has been "dead" to you for the last two weeks.

Here, here! We'll get the sneaks when we get the sneaks. Sure, we'd all have loved to had then in a day or two and we did spend time with I hope this and maybe that, but fantasty is part of the hobby. Hey, Bowen's fueling and filling fantasies, and that a good thing the way I see it.

Underdog07
Is that a hint? ;)

How'd that get in there?

armitage
Randy ate my last piece of Coconut Cream Pie!!
All is lost! Everything I hold sacred is now and forever gone. Thanks alot Bowen

BeerNutta
02-06-2007, 06:05 AM
Er... guys. I meant that no one seemed to be talking anymore because everyone seems to be complaining about how the sneak peak page hasn't show yet. Thats all.

When I say kill, I just meant the forum seems dead these days. As in dead because there is not much talking going on in here.

Geez... You guys are so literal. :redface:

Hell I am glad that you guys voiced your opinions though. Its nice to see some life in here for once.

Look at today. Theres a sentinel pic and a few items for order and the place is a buzz again.

Also, I do go to read in other forums.

htwhlr
02-06-2007, 07:42 AM
There's other forums????:banghead:

chromesamurai
02-06-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm glad there's sneak peek dry spells as well. No one said Randy has to update every week. This way, it builds tension.

Just sit back and have some fun, damn. It's fun seeing new stuff, but sneaks are not the greatest things ever to happen to mankind. May I recommend boobs?

d rod
02-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Not to get anyone "sneak" crazy but when they finish our home in Ft Worth, I'll show you the statue Randy made as a house warming present. Yes, it's a one of a kind. I'll throw in a sneak soon enough. Amazing man Randy has been for doing this and nobody get jealous!!

(hey, Underdog posted a dream, why can't I)

Alex655321
02-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Not to get anyone "sneak" crazy but when they finish our home in Ft Worth, I'll show you the statue Randy made as a house warming present. Yes, it's a one of a kind. I'll throw in a sneak soon enough. Amazing man Randy has been for doing this and nobody get jealous!!

aw man...how long do we have to wait for this:( :) lol

endsongjen
02-06-2007, 01:07 PM
ur gonna be nearby me!!! can i come over? lmao jk

Crom
02-06-2007, 01:16 PM

Hate to burst your bubble Drod, but the statue Randy made for you is actually a re-do of the one he made for CK13.

VaultMan
02-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Randy killed the ENTIRE forum! That jerk!:rolleyes2

Dude, you are sooooo dramatic. Go find something else to do!:thumbs2:

Yep.:thumbs2:

HoldyourfireAl
02-06-2007, 04:03 PM

I don't think the forum has been killed because of lack of sneaks, but I feel the nasty attitude of some forum members has led to no sneaks. Lighten up folks & enjoy! Most of us do!

Al

Perna
02-06-2007, 04:20 PM
There's other sections on this forum? :D

Storm Lover
02-06-2007, 04:23 PM
I don't think the forum has been killed because of lack of sneaks, but I feel the nasty attitude of some forum members has lead to no sneaks. Lighten up folks & enjoy! Most of us do!

Al

Please get a life.:banghead:

SL

boobhound
02-06-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm glad there's sneak peek dry spells as well. No one said Randy has to update every week. This way, it builds tension.

Just sit back and have some fun, damn. It's fun seeing new stuff, but sneaks are not the greatest things ever to happen to mankind. May I recommend boobs?
You called???:)

Juggernaut
02-06-2007, 05:20 PM
http://www.accesswave.ca/~shawnbrockley/Animated_Gifs/woohooboobs.gif

chromesamurai
02-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Alright, but why does that guy have a Mario Van Peebles shirt?

riderV3
02-06-2007, 05:29 PM
yeah we cannot deny about all the b!tching but just think from another perspective, why there's no one b!tching back in Phase 1 and 2?
Because the quality of final product doesn't hold up anymore like Phase 1 and 2, and RB almost stop sculpting MB himself and so forth...
The overall down-shift of BD is what make us b!tching.

chromesamurai
02-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Overall quality is an odd thing too, look at some of the older pieces...

The Thanos mini-bust has horrendous paint apps.
Hawkeye was ridiculed quite a lot for the goofy look.
There were a lot more instances of bad paint applications back then. A lot more sculpt issues that, if they were taking place now, would have unending drama about them.

Nowadays, most gripes are just stuff about characters having an odd belt, or the paint being off by the slightest shade or something. Honestly, a lot of complaints recently are pretty minor. The last real complaint that I can say had a valid base was the Thanos paints. And I'm not talking the color, I mean the rubs.

I think the sculpt quality is better now than it ever has been. And with a few minor exceptions, the paint is looking great. I think a lot of people complaining are just people who like to complain about anything.

VaultMan
02-06-2007, 06:29 PM
With all the name calling, how long before this thread gets closed...?

chromesamurai
02-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Hopefully soon. It's a silly thread.

rychehitman
02-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Ok...consider it closed.:)