PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 68

Tony Coca
03-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Just posting the main fights

Matt Hughes vs. Chris Lytle is up next.

Fight was on the ground. Lytle tried a guillotine and neutralized Hughes for a while. Hughes got side control and threw a few punches but not much. At the end of the round, Hughes was about to get an armbar when time ran out. Close round slightly going to Hughes.

Hughes took him down and trapped the head, hammering him with elbows and punches. Lytle's left eye was busted up pretty good. Hughes got side control and even a full mount. Lytle used the cage to reverse, but in going for an armbar, lost his position. Definitely Hughes' round.

Hughes took him down and controlled Lytle the entire round, but didn't do much. Lots of booing because it was a bad round. Hughes went for an armbar late but Lytle got out of it.

Straight 30-27 scores for Hughes, but it was a bad fight and not a dynamic win.

High Lord Apocalypse
03-04-2007, 12:30 AM
thanks tc

Tony Coca
03-04-2007, 12:37 AM
Rich Franklin vs. Jason MacDonald is up next.

Batista is at ringside. Franklin connected with a lot of punches and showed good takedown defense. At one point Franklin threw MacDonald down and was throwing a lot of punches but as MacDonald started playing a submission game, Franklin backed off. MacDonald got a takedown late. Franklin's round easily.

Franklin gave MacDonald a real beating late in the round from the top with punches from the mount and back. It was seconds from being stopped when the round ended, but MacDonald's corner saw how wobbly he was and called it off, so Franklin won at the end of the second round. Unlike Hughes, I'd say very good performance by Franklin.

High Lord Apocalypse
03-04-2007, 01:42 AM
how's round 5 of the couture fight going?

High Lord Apocalypse
03-04-2007, 01:53 AM
thanks for the pm tc, i'll be waiting.

Twoguns-Crowley
03-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Couture wins and is champ again, didn't think that would happen but he dominated Silvia. Damn, that one tuff ol' dude.

High Lord Apocalypse
03-04-2007, 01:58 AM
hell yeah 2gunz!!!

High Lord Apocalypse
03-04-2007, 01:59 AM
past-his-prime beat in-his-prime

MONSTER
03-04-2007, 02:04 AM
Randy dominated Tim for 25 minutes. It was freakin' awesome!!!

Doc Sonic
03-04-2007, 02:14 AM
Randy is part cyborg.

snappahead
03-04-2007, 02:29 AM
Captain America's back! Sweetness! I hate Sylvia..I wonder if Randy would fight Cro Cop:confused:

MONSTER
03-04-2007, 02:32 AM
Captain America's back! Sweetness! I hate Sylvia..I wonder if Randy would fight Cro Cop:confused:

His next fight will be against the winner of the Cro Cop/Gonzaga fight. So yes his next fight will probably be Cro Cop.

At this point I would not bet against Randy. The guy is unbelievable!!!

chrisg
03-04-2007, 02:37 AM
I never in a million years would have believed Randy could win. I'm glad, but, WOW. I still can't believe it. Randy is a machine.

MONSTER
03-04-2007, 02:41 AM
I never in a million years would have believed Randy could win. I'm glad, but, WOW. I still can't believe it. Randy is a machine.

I think that was the case for most. I really wanted Randy to win but wasn't sure he could do it.

boondocksaint
03-04-2007, 03:02 AM
I think that was the case for most. I really wanted Randy to win but wasn't sure he could do it.

really? tim did the same thing he did in his last two defenses...came out and played it safe....randy wasnt having that
then sylvia punked at the end and said he had an injury....

Tony Coca
03-04-2007, 04:03 AM
For those who didnt see it here is the play by play

RANDY WON 50-45 across the board.

Couture decked Sylvia in round right after faking a kick and scoring with an overhand right. He went for the kill, but Sylvia survived, regained his bearings and the rest of the round had Couture underneath Sylvia, but having his back. Couture kept trying for a choke but never came close.

Couture took Sylvia down in the second round. He kept busy with punches to the head and body, as well as some elbows, giving Sylvia a bloody nose. It was hilarious in that the fight wasn't that exciting on the ground, but the crowd was so pro-Couture that every time John McCarthy stood them up to create more action, they booed heavily. Couture took him down a second time right at the end of the round.

Both guys were exhausted at this point, but Couture has balls of steel and fought through it. Couture outstruck Sylvia, got a takedown and won the round. At this point Couture had the match won unless he was knocked out or submitted.

Couture took him down again in round four. After a stand-up, Couture was scoring with overhand rights. Sylvia just had no game plan and clearly had taken Couture too lightly. By this point he was too tired to execute. Couture got another takedown and scored with elbows to the head and more punches.

Round five saw Couture land more punches standing, and got another takedown. He got into a mount, scored with knees to the body, more elbows, got another mount. After a stand-up, he can another takedown. Couture had a swollen left eye but he pitched a five round shutout here. This was by no means fight of the year, but it will go down as one of the most memorable fights in history.

As great as Pride's show was last week, and it was, this match had more emotion and meaning than last week's entire card times two.

Sam Wilson
03-04-2007, 08:52 AM
thanks coca. The next time Cro Cop fights in UFC is on the london card, correct?

Ish
03-04-2007, 11:07 AM
good for randy, now how we gonna get team quest to shut up, with hendersons win also :banghead: :laugh:

bat_collector
03-04-2007, 01:09 PM
well, sylva should look on the bright side, at least he won't be destroyed by cro cop now

MONSTER
03-04-2007, 02:27 PM
thanks coca. The next time Cro Cop fights in UFC is on the london card, correct?

Yup.

good for randy, now how we gonna get team quest to shut up, with hendersons win also :banghead: :laugh:

Randy is not a part of Team Quest anymore.:stick:

Also don't forget Sokoudjou's 23 second knockout of Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. Team Quest is on a roll.:buttrock:

Ish
03-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Yup.

Randy is not a part of Team Quest anymore.:stick:

Also don't forget Sokoudjou's 23 second knockout of Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. Team Quest is on a roll.:buttrock:

mma grupie, lol he'll be back on the team soon...

MONSTER
03-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Randy started his own MMA gyms and is part of the Legends gym with Bas Rutten. Man I am a MMA groupie.:o

Ish
03-04-2007, 03:05 PM
Randy started his own MMA gyms and is part of the Legends gym with Bas Rutten. Man I am a MMA groupie.:o

i don't see that partnership lasting too long, epecially since bas is trying to come back...

Sam Wilson
03-04-2007, 04:40 PM
i don't see that partnership lasting too long, epecially since bas is trying to come back...

in a recent magazine interview Bas said he aint coming back. He's got to many injuries.

metfan923
03-04-2007, 06:23 PM
man... i really wanted him to win. im glad randy came through! sweetness....

boondocksaint
03-04-2007, 06:25 PM
man... i really wanted him to win. im glad randy came through! sweetness....

same here....the last 2 sylvia fights were garbage he played both fights safe

what a chump claiming he had an injury