PDA

View Full Version : 40 years of Avengers / X-Men DVDs

Tetragrammaton
03-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Anyone own these?

Wondering if they re-colored them as per the Marvel Masterworks HC? Good buy?

rilynil
03-11-2007, 12:35 AM
I like 'em. I've got those two DVDs and the Amazing Spider-Man DVD. I don't know if they were re-colored, but they look nice. I'm going to read the whole run of them one day. But I just can't get adjusted to reading comics on a computer yet. Still, I'm glad I have these DVD collections. I think they're well-worth the money.

whd
03-11-2007, 12:47 AM
No they don't look recolored to me. All of the older books look like they were individually scanned, as is. Some of the early issues used are not always in the best condition. You can see creases on the covers in some cases. At the same time, I think these DVDs are still well worth purchasing.

Underdog07
03-11-2007, 12:47 AM
But I just can't get adjusted to reading comics on a computer yet.

I had the same problem with the Spideys. Gave them to a friend's son. Great deal. They look great, but just didn't read easily for me.

Gangleri
03-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Captain America is being offered for preorder this month and Hulk in a month or two....I believe Thor, DareDevil are/were scheduled for 2007 and or 2008 (on the What's Next in/on the Spidey disc). Great for research/archiving.

Leon
03-11-2007, 05:57 AM
But I just can't get adjusted to reading comics on a computer yet.

I bought a small old laptop so I could read those comics in bed :buttrock:

rilynil
03-11-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm probably going to order all of them simply because it's cool to have entire collections in such small packages. :buttrock:

lord odin
03-11-2007, 09:16 AM
I bought a small old laptop so I could read those comics in bed :buttrock:

That`s what I do I have my entire collection on DVD.:buttrock:
I hope marvel and dc start selling digital comics because there is a market for it.
Every weekend I have my niece and her friend catalog and backup my comics they are 12 years old and know so much about technology that either they`ll take over the world or destroy it.:thumbs2:

lord odin
03-11-2007, 09:19 AM
I had the same problem with the Spideys. Gave them to a friend's son. Great deal. They look great, but just didn't read easily for me.
Did you try reading them on a pc or laptop?
I read mostly from the laptop it`s way better and if you configure the controls just one press of the mouse button to turn the page and another press to turn back.

VaultMan
03-11-2007, 05:28 PM
I like 'em. I've got those two DVDs and the Amazing Spider-Man DVD. I don't know if they were re-colored, but they look nice. I'm going to read the whole run of them one day. But I just can't get adjusted to reading comics on a computer yet. Still, I'm glad I have these DVD collections. I think they're well-worth the money.

Any sound effects with these while you read, like a "swooosh" here, or a "kaboom" there?

rilynil
03-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Any sound effects with these while you read, like a "swooosh" here, or a "kaboom" there?
Nope, no sound effects. The only sound is the click of your mouse when you turn the page. :)

Jesse321
03-11-2007, 06:01 PM
I've got the FF and the X-Men, while they're both great, the problem is that you're locked out from cropping or lifting any of the artwork out of the DVD without the password for it, so you can't use it for reference material.

Teague
03-11-2007, 06:03 PM
I got one of these, but honestly, I've never even opened the case. Reading comics on the computer just holds nothing for me. It was a thoughtful gift, but I'll just never use it.

Tetragrammaton
03-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I've got the FF and the X-Men, while they're both great, the problem is that you're locked out from cropping or lifting any of the artwork out of the DVD without the password for it, so you can't use it for reference material.

That's insane, it's the main reason I'd want this. I suspect you're still able to do a print-screen and paste into an image processing application like photoshop.

whd
03-11-2007, 09:54 PM
That's insane, it's the main reason I'd want this. I suspect your still able to do a print-screen and paste into an image processing application like photoshop.

That method works fine with these.

lord odin
03-11-2007, 09:56 PM
The software for my custom set is CDisplay and I got no problems at all.
I`m sure there is a way around that password what`s the name of the software that lets you view them?

armitage
03-11-2007, 10:56 PM
3bags sold me my first dvd-rom of the FF. I really love seeing comics that I would never normally get to see. It's nice also because they don't take up massive amounts of storage space. I've since picked up The Avengers and am looking to get the Spidey DVD-Rom. Can't wait for a Cap, Thor and Hulk either.
I don't have a problem clipping and saving an image onto the desktop for reference on my computer. Not sure what you mean about password? I haven't encountered that.

Leon
03-12-2007, 03:26 AM

Yep, that's true. But like Tet said, you can use 'print screen' and paste it somewhere else.

The software for my custom set is CDisplay and I got no problems at all.
Can't use CDisplay with these dvd's, they're not .cbr or .rar files. Only acrobat reader works.

lord odin
03-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Yep, that's true. But like Tet said, you can use 'print screen' and paste it somewhere else.

Can't use CDisplay with these dvd's, they're not .cbr or .rar files. Only acrobat reader works.
That sucks i`ll stick with my set CDisplay is way better.:buttrock: