PDA

View Full Version : Annihilation Conquest!

Primal
03-12-2007, 06:00 PM
THE WIZARD SKETCHBOOK: ANNIHILATION CONQUEST
Marvel's new designer supreme Marko Djurdjevic reaches for the stars in this dark cosmic sequel
By Ben Morse

You didn’t really think it ended with Annihilus, did you?
Nova and company succeeded in putting a halt to the Annihilation Wave for the time being in Annihilation #6, but where one threat falls, several more rise up, paving the road to this year’s sequel—“Annihilation: Conquest.”

“It’s a dark and frightening time,” editor Bill Rosemann describes the post-Annihilation Marvel cosmos. “The Skrull Empire has been obliterated. The Kree struggled to rebuild and protect their once-proud civilization. Guns are loaded and pointed at borders, everyone is gripped by fear and paranoia.”

The Nova ongoing series rockets out the gate in April by Annihilation: Nova writers Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning and artist Sean Chen (X-Men: The End), with a new Annihilation: Prologue one-shot also by Abnett and Lanning with art by Brian Denham (Iron Man: Hypervelocity). From there the story continues in Nova plus three miniseries: Quasar written by Christos Gage (Stormwatch: PHD) with art by Eric Basaldua (Witchblade), Star-Lord by original Annihilation writer Keith Giffen and artist Timothy Green (Rush City) and Wraith by writer Javier Grillo-Marxuach (Annihilation: Super-Skrull, TV’s “Lost”).

Finally, starting this fall, the main event—Annihilation: Conquest by Abnett, Lanning and artist Tom Raney (Ultimate X-Men).

Wizard presents a glimpse at these dynamic new character designs and numbered art notes scanned in by cover artist supreme Marko Djurdjevic (Daredevil) plus a bonus Nova sketch from Chen and more “Annihilation: Conquest” information than you can shake a light saber at.
Prepare to be annihilated!

Star-Lord
“Peter Quill is a tragic figure,” shares Giffen. “We’ll find out in the mini exactly what it was that broke him. He takes a team behind enemy lines against beings who control technology— it’s like dumping Nick Fury in the middle of a science fiction war.”
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5996/annihilsg8.gif

Wraith
“He represents the dark side of the Marvel cosmic universe,” says Grillo-Marxuach. “He is a gunslinger through and through, a man with no soul who is not about to let something like the occupation of the entire Kree empire stand in the way of his vendetta. Because of him, the reader will get a whole different perspective on several of Marvel’s cosmic warriors, including a certain super-powered Skrull I’ve written before.”
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5714/wraithkw0.gif

Nova
“It’s going to be a tough homecoming,” says Abnett of Nova’s return to Earth in issue #2 of his series. “The world has changed and so has he.”

“He knew a little about Civil War, but not that the New Warriors died or the notion that they ‘started it,’” continues Lanning. “He feels he should have been there with them. His reunion with Penance [aka former New Warrior Speedball] will be one uncomfortable meeting.”

Quasar
“As if it wasn’t bad enough being the daughter of Captain Marvel, now you’ve got to follow in the footsteps of Quasar, protector of the entire universe,” relates Gage of Phyla-Vell. “She’s feeling a lot of pressure but doesn’t really have the luxury of learning as she goes. On top of that, she’ll be facing off with the Super Adaptoid, who not only has all the powers of the Avengers, but of her father as well.”
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/4193/quasaram9.gif
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonus

ROCKET RACCOON!
As a bonus, here’s a sketch of Marvel’s ’80s carry-over space adventurer, Rocket Raccoon by Annihilation: Conquest—Star-Lord artist Timothy Green.

“Star-Lord might not have advanced technology, transportation or weapons, but he does have a hand-picked ‘Dirty Half Dozen’ consisting of Bug, Captain Universe, Deathcry, Groot, Mantis and Rocket Raccoon,” says editor Bill Rosemann. “So, yeah, he’s screwed. But hey—Rocket Raccoon!”
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/67/racoonky1.gif

Juggernaut
03-12-2007, 06:18 PM
That's cool.

I like the cosmic Marvel character's so that's nice.

Juggernaut
03-12-2007, 06:20 PM
When will Marko Djurdjevik start to pencil the interior art in comic book's?

Tony Coca
03-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Wow more crap from marvel.I see another book that will be canceled after 7 issues.

galactus
03-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Wow more crap from marvel.I see another book that will be canceled after 7 issues.

Yeah, but they PLAN on canceling it after 7 issues right from the start, this way they can call it a mini series :thumbs2:

wktf
03-12-2007, 06:34 PM
I loved Rocket Racoon from bakc in the '70s.

Wolverine1
03-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Saw this in Wizard. Any other info on Star Lord?

Daredevil
03-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Rocket Racoon!

lord odin
03-12-2007, 08:43 PM

I say 5 issues.:laugh:

whd
03-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I loved Rocket Racoon from bakc in the '70s.

I think he might have been an early 80's creation, but I'm right there with you. I think of him every time I hear that old Beatles song. :thumbs2:

Vince-Vell
03-13-2007, 01:49 PM
im gonna try Quasar since i liked Phyla-Vell, but not sure if the way marvel is going i will stay on long enough. Come to think of it, prob will be the only book i will be buying from marvel since ANNIHILATION!

hawkeyethearcher
03-13-2007, 03:14 PM
was the first annihilation any good. maybe reading about space stories will get me past whats goign on on earth. ill have to pick up the trades.

anything that brings back rocket racoon has gotta be good. i wonder if captain marvel will end up being a part of this. cant wait to see what they do with him.

tuv1305
03-13-2007, 03:44 PM
was the first annihilation any good. maybe reading about space stories will get me past whats goign on on earth. ill have to pick up the trades.

anything that brings back rocket racoon has gotta be good. i wonder if captain marvel will end up being a part of this. cant wait to see what they do with him.

I wasn't a huge fan of the minis leading into the first Annihilation but the main event itself was pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing this continued.

Primal
03-13-2007, 03:45 PM
I wasn't a huge fan of the minis leading into the first Annihilation but the main event itself was pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing this continued.

The main event was great.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Surfer mini as well. :buttrock:

Primal
06-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Lookin good. :)

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9741/starlord1np3.jpg http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/5740/annconstr001014colfn1.jpg

fossa2
06-06-2007, 12:47 PM
The only 1 I am nterested in is Wraith...& the main story line, too. I enjoyed ALL of the first set of books :thumbs2:

sleepindeath
06-06-2007, 01:33 PM
I cannot wait for Rocket Racoon to kick some Bug @$$.

protector2814
06-06-2007, 01:53 PM
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/starlor11

I loved the Annihilation series. The whole time the world was buzzin' about Civil War, this series was the quiet storm. Couldn't believe that they reintroduced Peter Quil as Star Lord. Wish they'd kept his groovy early 70's costume. Maybe they'll bring it back in NOVA.

Primal
06-07-2007, 06:06 AM
The awesome cover art continues. :buttrock:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3815/annhilationxw9.jpg

Primal
06-07-2007, 08:52 AM
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/4508/wraithdy5.jpg

Primal
06-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Anyone reading this?

I thought the first issue was pretty good!

SPOILERS!!!!

The arrival of the spaceknights & the eventual takeover by the Phalanx was interesting enough to keep me buying this. :)

Cant wait til a pissed off Peter Quill comes back to lay the smackdown! :buttrock:

So now Phyla-vell & Moondragon are lesbians? Or have they always been? :sly2:

Vince-Vell
06-28-2007, 03:14 PM
So now Phyla-vell & Moondragon are lesbians? Or have they always been? :sly2:

im reading it and enjoying Pyla-Vell. Yuo her and MoonDragon been at it seince end of Genis-vells Cap Marvel PAD run. They sorta sparked there, and least marvel keep them together onto conquest.

I have to say this Cosmic marvel event has been great, i just hope Bendis and JoeQ dont push in on it. Seems with them staying away its going great.

thecallahan
06-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Reminds me, I need to get those Annihiliation HC's.

whd
06-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Reminds me, I need to get those Annihiliation HC's.

I've been thinking about doing that myself. The third volume just came out yesterday.

twisterred
06-29-2007, 01:00 AM
I've been thinking about doing that myself. The third volume just came out yesterday.

run don't walk to get them! IMO Civil War overshadowed this better series unfortunately last year. Hopefully this time it'll get more attention from the fans.

thecallahan
06-29-2007, 09:08 AM
run don't walk to get them! IMO Civil War overshadowed this better series unfortunately last year. Hopefully this time it'll get more attention from the fans.

Amazon plus Prime membership guarantee's they come to me fast and cheaper than at an LCS. Why run when they come to you? :thumbs2: :laugh:

Primal
08-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Did anyone read Annihilation: Starlord?

It's basically setting up the cast of characters but I couldnt help but enjoy Starlord's sarcastic sense of humor. :laugh:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/5461/starlord1vc5.jpg

joefixit2
08-12-2007, 10:46 AM
I am enjoying all the books just as much as I enjoyed the last mini-series. Great cosmic stuff.

mad titan
08-12-2007, 12:54 PM
with charactors like wraith ,gamora,ronan the accuser,skrulls,moondragon,quasar,starlord up against the phalanx,what a great story line.it would sure be nice to get other marvel cosmic charactors into the picture such as guardians of the galaxy,warlock,beta ray bill,firelord and even the original captain marvel,but genis will do.as for other great villians to spin out of this lord charon,magus,warlocks dark side,stranger,seth the death god and where is the mad titan in all of this,could he be waiting for his oppertune time to make his appearrance.i,ve loved marvels cosmic stories since the early seventies.

outlikealight
08-12-2007, 01:15 PM
It has all been very good so far. I'm really enjoying wraith.

Out

fossa2
08-12-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm really enjoying wraith.

ditto :thumbs2:

I love Kyle Hotz's art :buttrock: & the story/character is very intriguing!

cma3
08-12-2007, 01:24 PM
all three conquest books are fantastic. those nic klein covers are smokin and hotz work on wraith is outstanding.

i like how that banned genius at the start of this that said this would suck without ever reading it. clean yer eye smoky.

anyone who has not or is not reading anything annihilation is missing out big time. i love the fact that this is still thought to be under the radar, meanwhile every issue of nova is selling out.

mad titan
08-12-2007, 04:16 PM
big time is an under statement,with the best to come.

Makkari1
08-13-2007, 08:40 PM
Good series.:thumbs2:

Primal
08-13-2007, 10:22 PM
It has all been very good so far. I'm really enjoying wraith.

Out

The tone of that book is way dark, moody & his origin just depressing :(

...but it's great! :thumbs2:

mad titan
08-20-2007, 08:02 PM
this new charactor wraith has alot of potential for future events,if marvel doesn,t kill him off in the annihilation trilogy.the need for new charactors has been a long time coming.

mad titan
09-06-2007, 08:07 PM
number tree of wraith was a good read,just wondering who the villian is that killed his parents.i guess the answer is just around the corner once wraith catches up with him or her.

mad titan
09-06-2007, 10:27 PM
this annihilation series and the mini,s running through this event is great .I especialy like the wraith series.after going through avengers annual 7 and marvel two in one 2 i can,t stop wondering when marvel will bring back warlock.this annihilation event would be a perfect oppertune time for his entrance with thanos not to far behind.make 2008 a true cosmic era like it was in the days jim starlin did for the seventies.I got my wish with captain marvel back through the negative zone in november,lets make it two out of three. i certainly hope that annihilation conquest brings back some of the old school cosmic heroes and villians surpassing d c ,sinestro corps ,atrue marvelite fan.

tuv1305
10-13-2007, 06:01 AM
Just finished reading Annihilation:Conquest Nova #7 and really loved it. This has been a great series so far.

Roguewarrior
10-14-2007, 12:01 AM
Just finished reading Annihilation:Conquest Nova #7 and really loved it. This has been a great series so far.

Ive liked the first two of this story Ive not read #7 yet hope it is good. I have really enjoyed the concept of Nova being all that remains of the Nova Corps.

Primal
11-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Well the setup books are just about done and they were great! And I just knew it was gonna be HIM who they were referring to as being the savior! :buttrock: :buttrock:

The main series begins today! :buttrock:

http://i24.tinypic.com/dwceqc.jpg

thecallahan
11-07-2007, 12:28 PM
It'll look great next to the Annihilation Wave OHC's :buttrock:

protector2814
11-07-2007, 02:55 PM
By god, that's a gorgeous cover.

Argonus
11-07-2007, 05:11 PM
By god, that's a gorgeous cover.

Haha.. I just posted that same sentiment in another thread.. my bad. :stick:

But yeah.. the covers are exceptional.

Looks like another series I'll eventually pick up (in full, or hc). :D The premise is sweet, and I BELIEVE Thanos is in it, is he not?

Primal
11-08-2007, 10:25 AM
The premise is sweet, and I BELIEVE Thanos is in it, is he not?

He was in the first series "Annihilation". I dont believe he'll be in "Conquest" but you never know.

Daredevil
11-08-2007, 10:30 AM
whos th savior?

Primal
11-08-2007, 10:40 AM
Did anyone read the first issue?!?! :buttrock:
Highlight the blank spaces below to read the spoilers.

Not only did "the savior" adam warlock come back after a long hiatus in the Quasar book, but now we have the early Kirby monster Xemnu joining Groot in the series! :buttrock:

The High Evolutionary is back too! Hopefully he'll play a major role! :buttrock:

AND as if all that wasnt enough, the true mastermind is revealed! :buttrock:

mad titan
11-10-2007, 07:09 PM
marvel sure out did them selves on annihilation conquest.a true story and work of art,and as usual ai was right who was the savior,i was just totaly caught off guard with blastar and xemnu in the beginning of the story,as i got to the last few pages this issue literaly knocked my socks off,talk about old school with the likes of the high evolutionary and ultron in the last panel.what a perfect cliff hanger leading into issue two.any one not reading this series is missing out.tom raney,s art is breath taking.keep up the good work,a loyal marvelite.

thecallahan
11-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Damn Primal, all of that sounds amazing!

JDH
11-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Just hopped on board for issue #1, having avoided the prequels on the basis that the Annihilation ones were pretty pointless. The issue was good, I only have one query - can anyone fill me in on why Heather looks like she does?

cma3
11-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Just hopped on board for issue #1, having avoided the prequels on the basis that the Annihilation ones were pretty pointless. The issue was good, I only have one query - can anyone fill me in on why Heather looks like she does?

That couldn't be further from the truth.

The actual Annihilation invasion/war books are a must read...if thats what you are talking about.

JDH
11-11-2007, 03:54 PM
That couldn't be further from the truth.

The actual Annihilation invasion/war books are a must read...if thats what you are talking about.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Having read the four prequels to Annihilation and the one-shot, I found that they added nothing to the story and were below-par in writing and art. I regretted spending my money on them, which is why I steered clear of the four prequel mini-series to Conquest, preferring to give it a go at the main event.

Primal
11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Damn Primal, all of that sounds amazing!

They've been great reads bro! You wont regret it when you get around to reading the collected editions.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Having read the four prequels to Annihilation and the one-shot, I found that they added nothing to the story and were below-par in writing and art. I regretted spending my money on them, which is why I steered clear of the four prequel mini-series to Conquest, preferring to give it a go at the main event.

Then you missed out on quite a bit for Conquest. The new Wraith character has been cool as hell especially with his revealed origin; the Starlord book has been lots of fun with the ensemble cast of wackos lol (i.e. Groot & Rocket Raccoon's odd-couple relationship, Starlords sarcasm); Quasar & Moondragon's quest to find the savior & battles with the Super-Adaptoid; Nova's "death", replacement & resurrection vs a brainwashed Destroyer & Gamora.

In all I'd say the Conquest prequels have been a LOT more satifying than the previous ones. Art & storywise. :buttrock:

Deathlok2001
11-11-2007, 09:41 PM
This storyline rulez! :thumbs2: :buttrock:

lord odin
11-11-2007, 11:33 PM
I couldn`t agree more when I read them they were boring so I skipped page after page except the parts with Surfer,Galactus and Thanos.

tuv1305
11-12-2007, 09:41 AM
In all I'd say the Conquest prequels have been a LOT more satifying than the previous ones. Art & storywise. :buttrock:

I would have to agree. In art and story both the Conquest prequels are worlds beyond what the Annihlation prequels were. The only one I couldn't get into was Wraith, couldn't make it past the first issue. What was the big reveal behind the character?

JDH
11-12-2007, 09:49 AM
They've been great reads bro! You wont regret it when you get around to reading the collected editions.

Then you missed out on quite a bit for Conquest. The new Wraith character has been cool as hell especially with his revealed origin; the Starlord book has been lots of fun with the ensemble cast of wackos lol (i.e. Groot & Rocket Raccoon's odd-couple relationship, Starlords sarcasm); Quasar & Moondragon's quest to find the savior & battles with the Super-Adaptoid; Nova's "death", replacement & resurrection vs a brainwashed Destroyer & Gamora.

I was tempted by Starlord. Seeing the recommendations here, I might go back and see what I missed, maybe in the trades. So many comics, so little money, you know how it is. :)

mad titan
11-12-2007, 02:40 PM
maybe now warlock can get his own series leading out of annihilation conquest.tom raney at yhe helm would be great.a perfect artist for cosmic events.its about time marvel gets back to its old roots seventies great cosmic story lines.annihilation conquest 1 stands above the rest of the story lines so far,i cant imagine what else marvel has up its sleeves.this series is a perfect jumping on point for new readers.lets make 2008 the cosmic year of marvel.

JDH
11-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Teen Warlock has one of the best costume redesigns of recent years - nice, simple, sleek.

Primal
11-22-2007, 10:29 PM
What was the big reveal behind the character?

Just the way he got his powers. Very distressing.

Teen Warlock has one of the best costume redesigns of recent years - nice, simple, sleek.

I dont know if it's the best redesign although it's certainly different. Well...I should say it reminds me of Mary Marvel's current look. :laugh:

Primal
11-22-2007, 10:42 PM
Guys, if you enjoyed Annihilation & currently Conquest, you HAVE to pick up "What if Annihilation Reached Earth?" which came out yesterday.

It's a great read and certainly enough for your money's worth. And the ending was very poignant.

The Annihilation Wave arrives in the midst of the Superhero Civil War...

http://i12.tinypic.com/86hxxg8.jpg http://i2.tinypic.com/6txbng0.jpg http://i14.tinypic.com/866ve5s.jpg http://i17.tinypic.com/6ljbjv9.jpg

fenix v.2.0
11-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Guys, if you enjoyed Annihilation & currently Conquest, you HAVE to pick up "What if Annihilation Reached Earth?" which came out yesterday.

It's a great read and certainly enough for your money's worth. And the ending was very poignant.

The Annihilation Wave arrives in the midst of the Superhero Civil War...

http://i14.tinypic.com/866ve5s.jpg
Was this also "What If Spawn was in Civil War"? :)

SD RUM
11-23-2007, 02:37 PM
I might check this issue out!!

tuv1305
11-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Just the way he got his powers. Very distressing.

I dont know if it's the best redesign although it's certainly different. Well...I should say it reminds me of Mary Marvel's current look. :laugh:

Just got done reading the Wikipedia entry for Wraith...sounds pretty good, although it mentions him meeting Spoilers the Kree Supreme Intelligence. I thought the Kree Supreme Intelligence was already dead? End Spoilers At any rate, sounds like pretty interesting stuff, I might check it out once it hits a collected format.

For the most part I like the new look for Warlock, although I agree it does resemble the new Mary Marvel look.

mad titan
12-11-2007, 08:33 PM
different, Ill say that

pmpknface
12-12-2007, 12:41 PM
What you read about Wraith was correct. He is very cool, and I forget the details but yes it happened.

I'm totally loving ANNIHILATION and it's at the top of my reading every time it comes out! :)

Eye of Agamotto
12-12-2007, 01:13 PM
I am enjoying Annilihation but am a bit dissapointed that Ultron is behind it all, I say enough with Ultron, his ass has been kicked a gazillion times already and will be kicked again, they should have been a bit more creative. Same goes if they would have used Doctor Doom or Kang as the force behind it all, enough already, come up with something new. This is the only gripe, everything else has been good. :confused2

Vince-Vell
12-12-2007, 02:34 PM
I got the what if story and didnt like it much. They just had to throw the civil war stuff in it. Sick as it may sound, i sorta wanted the wave to just come and wipe out earth due to the CW crapfest.

Would be nice to see a story like that, where earth was just destroyed!!!!!

Ink
12-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Was this also "What If Spawn was in Civil War"? :)

I noticed that too lol

Eye of Agamotto
12-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Would be nice to see a story like that, where earth was just destroyed!!!!!

I agree, just destroy the whole place, the one main gripe I have with Marvel or Superhero comics in general that a lot always happens but nothing ever changes. this applies to Annilihation in that now that Ultron is involved I just see his ass getting handed to him only for him to be blown up and reapear later. Characters die but they come back, world's are destroyed but then saved by explaining away what happened. Can't they just let the terrible stuff happen, kill the heroes, let the bad guys win and then end the story with no epilogue, sheesh.... btw, moondragon will be back, if they previously cloned her using only her ear they can do anything. WWH was another big let down, a lot happens and at the end of the day what really changed? Off the soapbox now LOL

mad titan
12-20-2007, 12:27 AM
any one check out marvels solicitation for march.the cover for annihilation 4 is simply the best so far,all i can say is awsome,this cosmic event gets better with each issue and brings in more players from all corners of the universe.as for captain marvel please tell me hes not a skrull.lets here what other fans have to sat,mad titan signing off.

mad titan
12-23-2007, 02:47 PM
I am hoping annihilation conquest leads into a more complex series following this great event.warlock needs his own series,hint hint,as well as guardians of the galaxy.I will say this annihilation conquest caught me totallly off guard with all the great charactors coming out of the wood works.

twisterred
12-23-2007, 09:21 PM
I fell the Annihilation series has been one of the best mega events in recent times. Better than Civil War and World War Hulk IMO. Some these characters need to get a regular book in the near future.

Enik
12-27-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm really enjoying the Annihilation Conquestion story... I still wasn't sure about the new Quasar after finishing the original Annihilation series but I really like the character now. Wraith totally rocks (he's like a cross between Michael Moorc0ck's Elric of Melnibone, Ghost Rider and Spawn). Super-Adaptoid is an alltime favorite villain for me. Nice to see bug again too :D ... the WOW factor of both Annihilation series has totally hooked me back into reading Marvel comics after a 15-20 year break. :buttrock:
I finally took the risk and read issues 8 and 9 of Nova last night (I was afraid it might be a spoiler for the AQ series but it was a great read without giving anything big away imo)... I'm totally hooked on the Nova series too now *sigh* :p

lord odin
12-27-2007, 01:06 PM
I like it so far except alot of the characters have different looks and powers.

Primal
12-27-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm looking forward to more High Evolutionary goodness and next issue's got him on the cover. :buttrock:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5535/annihilationconquest3ft3.jpg http://i6.tinypic.com/8g5isn5.gif

Enik
12-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Awesome cover - can't wait!
I've always loved High Evolutionary... he would make a really sweet statue or MB too :buttrock:

moon_knight1971
12-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Help!!!!

Ok, I want to check out this series but haven't the slighest idea where to start & what's essential to pick up for the storyline. Annihilation itself was a mini series right? There were individual mini series leading up to it but are they necessary to get the whole story? Then there's Annihilation: Conquest with it's prequels & offshoot individual series plus the 6 issue mini itself. What of that is essential to grasp the story?

Enik
12-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Just my opinion since I loved the entire Annihilation series...
check out amazon.com (or your favorite source)
and search on Annihilation... buy book 1, 2 & 3 (around $16.50 each on amazon - and that's the first Annihilation saga)

I was going to wait for the trade paperback to come out but my LCS owner loved it & told me a little about it so I picked up: (order listed here based on checklist in the prologue)

Annihilation Conquest Prologue (a one-shot)

Wraith #1
Nova #4
Quasar #1
Star-Lord #1

Wraith #2
Nova #5
Quasar #2
Star-Lord #2

Wraith #3
Nova #6
Quasar #3
Star-Lord #3

Wraith #4
Nova #7
Quasar #4
Star-Lord #4

Annihilation Conquest #1
Annihilation Conquest #2

... or you can wait for the trade paperbacks :D

moon_knight1971
12-28-2007, 01:37 AM
Just my opinion since I loved the entire Annihilation series...
check out amazon.com (or your favorite source)
and search on Annihilation... buy book 1, 2 & 3 (around $16.50 each on amazon - and that's the first Annihilation saga)

I was going to wait for the trade paperback to come out but my LCS owner loved it & told me a little about it so I picked up: (order listed here based on checklist in the prologue)

Annihilation Conquest Prologue (a one-shot)

Wraith #1
Nova #4
Quasar #1
Star-Lord #1

Wraith #2
Nova #5
Quasar #2
Star-Lord #2

Wraith #3
Nova #6
Quasar #3
Star-Lord #3

Wraith #4
Nova #7
Quasar #4
Star-Lord #4

Annihilation Conquest #1
Annihilation Conquest #2

... or you can wait for the trade paperbacks :D

So there's no trades out yet? :peoples:

Enik
12-28-2007, 09:47 AM
not for Annihilation Conquest

fossa2
01-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Yeah & I'm late to this party too, but ULTRON?!?!?!? WTF!?!?!?! COOL!!! :buttrock:

bjread
01-18-2008, 01:32 PM
okay...i picked up ALL of annihilation and most of annihilation: conquest from eBay (the Nova parts, the other three minis, and the prologue)

my thoughts:

Annihilation: Prologue....some of the WORST art I've ever seen. it actually looked to me like it was drawn by a 5th grader

Annihilation Mini's....i enjoyed them, that art wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't as bad as the prologue

Annihilation Main Series....loved it

Annihilation: Conquest (I've only read the prologue and the Quasar and Nova parts of the story line)...I REALLY like this so far...I saw what was going to happen from the get go...i just didn't think it was going to be the Phalanx

Query: Is this the same Phalanx from the Phalanx Covenant crossover in the X-books back in the 90's?

If so, it is peculiar that the Phalanx can assimilate every being in the universe except for humans gifted with the X-gene....and maybe they should bring in some mutants to help fight them....i would personally LOVE it if the X-men got to play a part in Annihilation: Conquest

Primal
01-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Query: Is this the same Phalanx from the Phalanx Covenant crossover in the X-books back in the 90's?

If so, it is peculiar that the Phalanx can assimilate every being in the universe except for humans gifted with the X-gene....and maybe they should bring in some mutants to help fight them....i would personally LOVE it if the X-men got to play a part in Annihilation: Conquest

I'm pretty sure they're the same Phalanx as that series if I remember correctly. They're just constantly adapting as they assimilate accounting for their different look. The X-men have their hands full with the Messiah Complex storyline besides, these Annihilation stories should concentrate on cosmic characters that dont get as much exposure as the X-men.

bjread
01-20-2008, 11:27 PM
i know....but there are several x-men in Shi'Ar space right now....it would be kool if they brought them over.

Primal
03-15-2008, 10:11 AM
Even though Nova doesnt have the Conquest subtitle, it still is & will be VERY relevant to the main storyline.

The last issue rocked because of who Nova encountered on the Phalanx homeworld! :buttrock: :buttrock:

SPOILERS

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/3353/conquestwarlock0sy6.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5235/conquestwarlock1nw3.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/302/conquestwarlock2nc4.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6394/conquestwarlock3xe8.jpg

mad titan
03-22-2008, 10:35 PM
marvel is on a roll for sure, spinning out of annihilation is the new guardians of the galaxy and out of planet hulk comes skaar son of hulk.the nova series just keeps getting better with each issue.I realy enjoyed the wraith mini series,make that all the minis associated with annihilation series,much better than civil war.x force is looking red hot, also lwondering whats in store for uncanny x men 500 and beyond.lets see a new direction with different villians instead of repeating same villians every 2 to 3 years.a cosmic event without the shiar would be great.we have seth the death god thanos magus the evil warlock.lord charon abyss.marvel needs to think outside the box for a change to keep us readers on edge.to much magneto hellfire club and sentinels over and over,lets stir the pot up in 2008.

Gatekeeper2Hell
03-24-2008, 04:46 AM

They aren't quite the same species. The Phalanx from the X-Men book were supposed to be considered an abomination by the space Phalanx. The Earth version only existed because the Genoshian scientists experimented with the remains of Warlock (from New Mutants, who was dead at the time). The resulting Phalanx were only only able to bond to human DNA.

In the crossover between Excalibur, X-Factor, and X-Force, a portion of the humans who had been turned into Phalanx were erecting a spire to make contact with the homeworld. This was a subconscious effort in the collective's mind. If they had been successful, the space Phalanx would have come and destroyed their group, along with the rest of the Earth.

There was also supposed to be a taboo among the space Phalanx about infecting an object or living thing and discarding it rather than consuming it. You simply can't have your food evolving to a point where it competes with you for more food. Hence, the program to make such a developing collective call the homeworld.

The space Phalanx also plagued the Shi'ar a few years after the Phalanx Covenant crossover. They were supposed to be much more advanced and could absorb any species.

Now, how could this affect X-Force #2 and Bastion's plans for the Magus (Warlock's father) remains on the ocean floor?

tuv1305
04-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Just finished #6 and thought it was great enough to warrant a bump for the thread. Words can't describe how great this event was, and I'm kind of sad to have it over, but not because the end in any way failed to deliver.

Primal
04-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Spoilers...

Agreed! Loved the last issue and seeing the New Mutants Warlock go head to head with Ultron in Warlock's body! :buttrock:

Warlock vs Warlock lol Who'd have thought?

Another very satisfying Annihilation series with top notch writing & artwork throughout. Cant wait for the Guardians of the Galaxy and the eventual 3rd Annihilation series that was hinted at. :buttrock:

CA35
04-18-2008, 04:42 PM
I thought Conquest was ok. Star Lord was my favorite of the mini's.

tuv1305
04-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Spoilers...

Agreed! Loved the last issue and seeing the New Mutants Warlock go head to head with Ultron in Warlock's body! :buttrock:

Warlock vs Warlock lol Who'd have thought?

Another very satisfying Annihilation series with top notch writing & artwork throughout. Cant wait for the Guardians of the Galaxy and the eventual 3rd Annihilation series that was hinted at. :buttrock:

Yup, I've always thought Warlock (not Adam) was kind of a goofy character but I loved the stuff with Tyro and him in the Nova books.

I thought Conquest was ok. Star Lord was my favorite of the mini's.

I was surprised how much I ended up liking the Star Lord series. That mask is kinda goofy looking, Bug's speech patterns are kinda annoying, and I had no expectations for a space raccoon. Boy, am I glad I went ahead and read them. The art was great and the stories delivered every issue. Great interaction between the characters and I'm really looking forward to seeing them continue in Guardians of the Galaxy.

JDH
04-18-2008, 05:22 PM
I enjoyed this overall (surprising for someone who never liked the Infinity series and most other cosmic stories) though the ending suffered from 'Hulk Movie' levels of incomprehensibility, a common flaw for resolving battles with nigh-omnipotent cosmic threats.

The Nova series has been great, so I'm on-board for Guardians of the Galaxy to begin with. I have no real affection for any of the cast though, and most of the designs are too fussy for my taste. I'd love to see Starlord back in his original outfit, and Quasar in a female version of Wendell Vaughn's original outfit. They gave Warlock his best outfit ever, then took it away in a couple of issues! I'm hoping there's enough humour to hook me in the Guardians book.

heirtoasguard
04-18-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm just glad that it's finally over. now I can save that $2.99.

lord odin
04-20-2008, 09:37 AM
A great ending to a great series.:thumbs2: