PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read Hulk #104 yet?

cblakey1
03-13-2007, 06:06 PM
.. the buildup to WW Hulk begins! :buttrock:

Jameshowlett
03-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Yup. Loved it.Hulk is gonna kick some registered heroes butts.

sketch515
03-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Hulk Smash Puny Registered Heroes!!!!!

lord odin
03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
I`ll be the first one to say this will be incredibly lame with lamer characters aka canon fodder.

MONSTER
03-13-2007, 10:11 PM
I`ll be the first one to say this will be incredibly lame with lamer characters aka canon fodder.

I disagree. When the Hulk loses his wife and unborn child because of one of the Marvel Heroes, hell on earth will have a whole new meaning.

Underdog07
03-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Thankfully the forum members who believe you can win any "Vs." fight by simply teleporting your opponent away are not writing this storyline or it would begin and end in 3 pages with Dr Strange sending Hulk away. :)

Should be a good read. And afterwards we'll have a Punisher-Hulk!:thumbs2:

Statue and Bust
03-14-2007, 01:34 AM
I can't wait for WW HULK!!!!!!!!

tuv1305
03-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Am I the only one who wishes they could have continued with Planet Hulk longer? You know they're not going to let Hulk get too crazy on the big guns, and I fear Sentry's going to end up being the solution to Hulk's rage.

Statue and Bust
03-14-2007, 09:48 AM
I hope you're wrong about the Sentry.

lord odin
03-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Am I the only one who wishes they could have continued with Planet Hulk longer? You know they're not going to let Hulk get too crazy on the big guns, and I fear Sentry's going to end up being the solution to Hulk's rage.
I liked planet Hulk and I think the book will go down fast when he gets back to earth and Sentry.

cblakey1
03-14-2007, 10:00 AM
I hope you're wrong about the Sentry.

Agreed. But the way they're writing Sentry now makes him look like some big dummy and not the most effective Hero..

I think what they'll do is have that postal worker dude (Michael from New Avengers - pre Civil War) who was enlisted for Alpha Flight open a can of whoopass on Hulk, thereby releasing all the mutant powers and miraculously, Hulk is defeated and the Mutants all have their powers back!

Jack8022
03-14-2007, 10:24 AM
Good issue but talk about taking it all away from him. Can't wait until next issue.

cblakey1
03-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Good issue but talk about taking it all away from him. Can't wait until next issue.

No crap. The Hulk can't ever catch a break!

wktf
03-14-2007, 11:08 AM
.. the buildup to WW Hulk begins! :buttrock:

Absolutely we've read Hulk #104! Kdawg reviewed it last week, too. Click the link at the bottom if you want to catch the review.

The whole Planet Hulk arc has been fantastic and I cannot wait for World War Hulk! :buttrock:

Makkari1
03-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Well I can see no good coming from this arc. The only way for Hulk to get revenge for the death of his wife and child (if they're dead) is to kill members of the Illuminati, unless Marvel is planning to have the Hulk wimp out and quit fighting like Cap did. Of course Marvel may have him bring down Stark Enterprises, destroy the Baxter building and ruin Reed finances, and maybe steal the Eye of Amagotto from Dr. Strange.

With the climate in the country after Civil War its not safe to have super powers, you might get arrested and sent to the negative zone if you don't play ball with S.H.E.I.L.D. and the government. But one thing does puzzle me and that is the reason why Annihilus attacked the positive universe in the first place. Wasn't it because of the encroachment into the negative zone? Wouldn't this prison draw their attention and cause them to attack it? Just wondering? Maybe this is how Marvel gets rid of the prison. You wouldn't want Marvel heroes who were arrested for not joining pro registration siding with a bunch of negative zone monsters who are mad as hell. Just a thought.

lord odin
03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Well I can see no good coming from this arc. The only way for Hulk to get revenge for the death of his wife and child (if they're dead) is to kill members of the Illuminati, unless Marvel is planning to have the Hulk wimp out and quit fighting like Cap did. Of course Marvel may have him bring down Stark Enterprises, destroy the Baxter building and ruin Reed finances, and maybe steal the Eye of Amagotto from Dr. Strange.

With the climate in the country after Civil War its not safe to have super powers, you might get arrested and sent to the negative zone if you don't play ball with S.H.E.I.L.D. and the government. But one thing does puzzle me and that is the reason why Annihilus attacked the positive universe in the first place. Wasn't it because of the encroachment into the negative zone? Wouldn't this prison draw their attention and cause them to attack it? Just wondering? Maybe this is how Marvel gets rid of the prison. You wouldn't want Marvel heroes who were arrested for not joining pro registration siding with a bunch of negative zone monsters who are mad as hell. Just a thought.
There are huge plot holes with annihilation and civil bore and I guess we are supposed to forget that we read them.:thumbsdow

cblakey1
03-14-2007, 12:37 PM
There are huge plot holes with annihilation and civil bore and I guess we are supposed to forget that we read them.:thumbsdow

Hey Odin.. Is there anything you read that you like? :confused: :wink2:

Immovable Blob
03-14-2007, 01:05 PM
I want to see the Hulk take on and defeat all mainstream MU heroes, and then do the same to Sentry.

Tetragrammaton
03-14-2007, 01:57 PM
An enraged as never before, combat-seasoned Hulk leading an army of extra-terriestrial gladiators versus Iron Man should be a good fight.

cblakey1
03-14-2007, 01:58 PM
An enraged as never before, combat-seasoned Hulk leading an army of extra-terriestrial gladiators versus Iron Man should be a good fight.

Yeah.. Tony better pull out the Hulkbuster armor. Not that that will help.

Makkari1
03-14-2007, 02:12 PM
I want to see the Hulk take on and defeat all mainstream MU heroes, and then do the same to Sentry.

Preach on brother preach on.:thumbs2:

lord odin
03-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Hey Odin.. Is there anything you read that you like? :confused: :wink2:
Sure lots of things from DC.:buttrock:
Now I read make that used to read Captain america,dd,hulk,wolvie and ff
Now that hulk is coming back I stopped and i`m not about to read cap with that lame story.
Wolverine isn`t the same anymore now he`s superman with claws and Fantastic four is now 2 plus a couple with made up history.Daredevil is about the only book from marvel that holds any interest but this civil bore crapfest thru all the books is IMO horrible.
I said house of m would be crap ditto for civil bore and with the Hulk I see a hat trick.:thumbsdow

Makkari1
03-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Sure lots of things from DC.:buttrock:
Now I read make that used to read Captain america,dd,hulk,wolvie and ff
Now that hulk is coming back I stopped and i`m not about to read cap with that lame story.
Wolverine isn`t the same anymore now he`s superman with claws and Fantastic four is now 2 plus a couple with made up history.Daredevil is about the only book from marvel that holds any interest but this civil bore crapfest thru all the books is IMO horrible.
I said house of m would be crap ditto for civil bore and with the Hulk I see a hat trick.:thumbsdow

Civil Bore I like it, it has a ring of truth to it. Although I am anticipating World War Hulk, I don't like the choice of artist. John Romita's work is good but I don't think he is the right artist for this series. Hulk's current artist has really captured his new persona, damn shame he won't draw this series.

Jameshowlett
03-14-2007, 05:12 PM
I disagree. When the Hulk loses his wife and unborn child because of one of the Marvel Heroes, hell on earth will have a whole new meaning.

Is that what happened? It what I feared would happen at the end when he's standing there with his wife and he throws the ship in the sky, it explodes, and you see Hulk and the his wife just standing right there.
I thought, Oh NO!

Jameshowlett
03-14-2007, 05:16 PM

But one thing does puzzle me and that is the reason why Annihilus attacked the positive universe in the first place. Wasn't it because of the encroachment into the negative zone? Wouldn't this prison draw their attention and cause them to attack it? Just wondering? Maybe this is how Marvel gets rid of the prison. You wouldn't want Marvel heroes who were arrested for not joining pro registration siding with a bunch of negative zone monsters who are mad as hell. Just a thought.

I had forgotten all about it. So in a sense, Tony and Reed are responsible for millions of lives lost and the home world of Nova Corps being destroyed, not the mention the other worlds and like half the Kree armada? So Nova will come looking for revenge from Stark, and Annihilus will go after Reed maybe?

wktf
03-14-2007, 06:09 PM

Depends on how you feel about the outcome. Iron Man getting pounded into metallic toothpaste in less than 5 seconds might be a good fight for some... :)