PDA

View Full Version : You get to bring a favorite character back...

Gangleri
03-15-2007, 09:57 PM
but you have to kill a favorite character to do it.

Marvel...Bring back Banshee, the X-men could use his Interpol contacts as mutants can't trust the Goverment and his teaching and leadership skills and bringing him back would awaken abilities (secondary mutation) closer to the banshee of myth and legend. Hear the banshee and know Death is near....
..... and I would kill ArchAngel to get him back....but it's kind of a cheat because @ the moment of his death he would be transformed by the embodiment of Death to be her champion...yes he would be the chosen champion/lover (and a fitting replacement for Thanos) of she who is DEATH (who looks like Candy Southern:) ) . He would roam the spaceways doing the bidding of his new love.

DC - Helena Wayne/Huntress is back and the New Warlord is put out of his misery (and ours - I like the character but the no the new take/series)

ON the Independent publisher front I would kill off favorite GrimJack just to get a few more stories of Mike Grell's StarSlayer

What dusty under used character would you love bring back and what favorite would you kill to do it.....and of course how would you do it.

Underdog07
03-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Captain America and I'd kill Iron Man

rilynil
03-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Oooo, this is a tough one. I'm going to have to think about this.

Gatekeeper2Hell
03-15-2007, 11:37 PM
I'd kill off Mar-Vell to bring back Genis-Vell, putting each back where they belong. I'd also give Genis back to Peter David for as long as he wants to write about him.

nightstar1441
03-16-2007, 12:06 AM
I'd bring back Jack of Hearts, a character whose death was completely menaingless and biased and kill Green Goblin. Norman Osbourne is just so played out.

marvelboi77
03-16-2007, 12:08 AM
All my favorites are alive.

Meteor Man
03-16-2007, 12:21 AM
I'd bring back all of the Imperial Guardsmen who were just wiped out by a Sentry like "lame" character (who's been around for along time, but everybody forgot he was around) whatever, called Vulcan in Uncanny #480.

Smasher, Hobgoblin, Neutron, and Titan should be brought back, and along with the other Guard members (Gladiator, Oracle, Starbolt, Flashfire, Electron, Nightside, Astra, Mentor, Impulse, Fang, Scintilla, Magique, Manta, Warstar, Hussar, and Earthquake), should get their own series with some great writing and art. That's my two cents...:buttrock:

malkii
03-16-2007, 06:19 AM
I would bring back Ant-Man, and Kill the Sentry to do it...

Vince-Vell
03-16-2007, 09:50 AM
I would Bring back Genis-Vell, but with a twist.

A unknown character with a glowing eye in the shadows is going thru all the places that Genis was scattered too. he is collecting what seems to be floating Star Gems.

Once all the gems are collection we see a huge star/explosion in space in front of earth, and Genis is back in full force in his CM outfit. He uses his cosmic awareness to see that Sentry has gone ape **** and Phyla and Marv are the last ones standing again Sentry and not going to make it.

Genis goes in and whoops ass and saves the day. Then Genis goes off with his father and sister to have some good family quality time before Marv is sent back to his time,. Now the marvel universe finally respects Genis as Captain marvel.

but before Genis goes off with his family he finds the person who brought him back, to find out it was Nate Grey (in his old AoA outfit) still being a shaman protecting earth 616. Thus leading to a team book between them on some Cosmic Adventures like Cable Deadpool series in space!!!

Ahh i know corny, but would be fun if a good writer was on the book.

Aarrgghh!!
03-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Kill Sentry and not worry about bringing anybody back.

Aarrgghh!!
03-16-2007, 09:53 AM
I'd kill off Mar-Vell to bring back Genis-Vell, putting each back where they belong.
I like this idea a lot!

VaultMan
03-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Kill Norman Osborne, Mar-Vell, Colossus, Magik, Elektra, Jean Grey...

Just bring back Genis...

ant-man
03-16-2007, 10:38 AM
I would bring back Ant-Man, and Kill the Sentry to do it...

i would do the same......perfect choice:thumbs2:

Gangleri
03-16-2007, 11:07 AM
I would Bring back Genis-Vell, but with a twist.

A unknown character with a glowing eye in the shadows is going thru all the places that Genis was scattered too. he is collecting what seems to be floating Star Gems.

Once all the gems are collection we see a huge star/explosion in space in front of earth, and Genis is back in full force in his CM outfit. He uses his cosmic awareness to see that Sentry has gone ape **** and Phyla and Marv are the last ones standing again Sentry and not going to make it.

Genis goes in and whoops ass and saves the day. Then Genis goes off with his father and sister to have some good family quality time before Marv is sent back to his time,. Now the marvel universe finally respects Genis as Captain marvel.

but before Genis goes off with his family he finds the person who brought him back, to find out it was Nate Grey (in his old AoA outfit) still being a shaman protecting earth 616. Thus leading to a team book between them on some Cosmic Adventures like Cable Deadpool series in space!!!

Ahh i know corny, but would be fun if a good writer was on the book.

Fun Ideas....Maybe in thier quest/cosmic roadtrip they could check in with members of the Warlock extended family... Adam, Her and could someone find something for Adam jr.(the AW clone/MarkII) to do...(maybe the Magnus could take him under his wing}.

Collection King 13
03-16-2007, 11:13 AM
I'd kill Spider-Woman & Superman to briing back Captain America! :)

SirConor
03-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Kill the entire DC universe, bring back Jean Grey & Thor!!

Bartholomew
03-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Jean Grey!

Tetragrammaton
03-16-2007, 04:38 PM
I'd bring back the Hulk (after he dies at the end of WW Hulk).:)

moon_knight1971
03-16-2007, 05:35 PM
Bring back Darkstar and kill off Sentry or the new White Tiger.

Gangleri
03-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Dr. Pym( Antman/Giantman and Yellowjacket) tries to contact Thor using a combination of Science and an Asgardian Orb he found in the ruins of Avengers Mansion ...he is sucessful, but feedback from his equipment puts him in a coma . A pi$$ed off Odin or Thor would transport Bill Foster to Asgard and using Norse and Frost Giant Magic to reanimate/empower him send him back to Midgard to kick Tony Stark and Reed Richards butts before tearing what's left of Clor (Clone Thor) in to tiny pieces....(I'll get down from my soapbox now.:) ) With his Norse based power he could go toe to toe with the Hulk and atleast have a hero's death... then he could spend time in Odin's Hall of fallen warriors...til he's needed again....and as he falls Scott Lang the old...New Ant-man is brought back by the Fates to balance the scales of Life.

Short version...Give Giantman Bill Foster a Hero's death and bring back Scott Lang ... Ant man.

VaultMan
03-16-2007, 07:28 PM
I'd bring back the Hulk (after he dies at the end of WW Hulk).:)

Youre starting kinda early with this Iron Man/WWH stuff arent you Tet? :laugh:

Gangleri
03-16-2007, 11:50 PM
If the past is any indication of the future, maybe....

I must see him...he's escaped me time and time again...if any one can do the impossible it is he. Stealthily entering the morgue ... I thought he would never die the, bane of my existence ... the General reaches to slap the Captain's face...you won't ever trouble me again Herr... (hours later) His identification says he's a Russian National...How long has he been dead...that's not important...Rogers body is Gone.

First there was a melding of Xavier and Lehnsherr, the Marvel universe almost didn't defeat the enemies who became OnSlaught....now they will know true fear( and bad writing) the coming of HERR KAPTAIN. Boy is Tony Stark in Trouble Now....:)

sketch515
03-16-2007, 11:59 PM
bring back jean grey as the dark phoenix and kill off lilandra as part of the story to bring jean back

bat_collector
03-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Marvel: I don't care who yo ubring back, just kill of sentry to do it.

DC: Bring back Isis and Osiris and kill Supergirl to do it.

Gangleri
03-17-2007, 01:09 AM
bring back jean grey as the dark phoenix and kill off lilandra as part of the story to bring jean back

Well the Shiar artificially grew Vulcan (the third Summers brother) and cloned a body for Xavier .... they could have prepared a engineered body for Jean Grey's consciousness @ the the battle with the X-men on the moon where Jean originally died.... they had planned to transfer her mind into a powerless body.

But suppose mutations are based somewhat on the persons enviroment...the mutation helps a person survive....it developes like a talent. Everyone has physical gifts...but you decide to use or ignore them....
The Jean clone or hybred (if they wished to breed a Mutant/Shiar combination) does not have access to Psi based abilities...What mutant power would she manifest??

The Shiar Jean would be allowed to mature at a excelerated rate...Now that Vulcan has killed so many of the Imperial Guard .... replacements will be needed. They have no choice but to use the young mutant to guard ilandra. What would happen if Vulcan/DeathBird or the X-men on the scene discover...what the Shiar/ilandra has done. Would Shiar Jean want to extract vengence or defend ilandra to the death???

Gangleri
03-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Marvel: I don't care who yo ubring back, just kill of sentry to do it.

DC: Bring back Isis and Osiris and kill Supergirl to do it.

Just wait until the Hulk returns...I think Marvel will use him(Banner) much the same way DC used Superboy Prime to clear out the superhero failures that they can't think of a good way to get rid of (or re-imagine) them(Hence Avengers Teams in all fifty states) . I suppose fighting a raging Hulk might change him .... if he survives. He may have the power of a million suns but if Hulk beats the Kr@. out of him...he may never want/ be able to leave his tower again.

Gangleri
03-17-2007, 02:49 AM
I'd kill off Mar-Vell to bring back Genis-Vell, putting each back where they belong. I'd also give Genis back to Peter David for as long as he wants to write about him.

The potential to bring back Genis and cure Mar-Vell lies with the fact that the Kree are a spacefaring race @ a genetic roadblock and interested in genetic (Inhiumans) manipulation.

The Kree may require depository for genetic material and a Bio-scan that would act as a template to be used to grow replacement parts in case of injury during battle or accident off planet (space radiation).
If you go to a Kree settlement/ship any information on the citizen is updated(Mar-vell) and any genetic oddities (Genis' unique parentage) would he recorded by the Supreme Intelligence. With enough energy, genetic material (Genis mother or sister may have access to her son/brother's material in Lab storage) and with body templates both men could be made healthy again. Depending on the age of the template there may be physical differences...Mar-vell could come back with silver hair (pre-cancer...ala Gil Kane).

VaultMan
03-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Im bringin' sexyback! -cue music

SD RUM
03-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Kill off Sentry and bring back the Alpha Flight team that was killed by the Collective.