PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, March 17th...Cap's Funeral

rychehitman
03-17-2007, 01:36 AM
Just a Reminder!

As reported in the Daily Bugle by Betty Brant and Ed Brubaker...

TODAY, Saturday March 17, 2007. Steve Rogers aka. Captain America will be laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetary, where in spite of the recent controversy, he will receive full military honors. Memorials are scheduled around the country throughout the month. President Bush has declared todays funeral for Rogers as a National Day of Mourning.

R.I.P.Cap! Until we see you again!:thumbs2:

Tetragrammaton
03-17-2007, 01:37 AM
I wonder if Tony will be there and if he's going to be wearing the black armor?

Alex655321
03-17-2007, 01:41 AM
will he be buried next to stiltman?

Gangleri
03-17-2007, 01:55 AM
Has Marvel set up a memorial web page for fans to leave comments/best wishes for Cap's family and friends??? I don't think Steve was a orphan when he became Captain America...was it ever discussed in a story. I bet all the internet traffic on a page like that would mess up/overwhelm Marvel's server.

tuv1305
03-17-2007, 02:20 AM
will he be buried next to stiltman?

Let's just hope he doesn't get the same burial treatment poor Goliath did.

"Well, Steve was the absolute peak of what the human body can become, and we don't make coffins for that as the average citizen is the lowest point of what we can become. However, we did arrange for a authentic WWII tarp to wrap him in."

bat_collector
03-17-2007, 09:33 AM
Oh god you got to be kidding me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told this isn't the first time he died. This is almost as lame as DC putting in those armbands in the superman death issue.

CompEng1
03-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Oh god you got to be kidding me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've been told this isn't the first time he died. This is almost as lame as DC putting in those armbands in the superman death issue.

For Cap's death they put an MRE in each comic, you may get the turkey, you may get the pot roast, there is a surprise in every book.

Gatekeeper2Hell
03-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Has Marvel set up a memorial web page for fans to leave comments/best wishes for Cap's family and friends??? I don't think Steve was a orphan when he became Captain America...was it ever discussed in a story. I bet all the internet traffic on a page like that would mess up/overwhelm Marvel's server.

His parents would have been in their mid-30's when he became Cap in WWII. And it's been 65 years since then. IF they're still alive, they would be pushing 100 by now.

Tony Coca
03-17-2007, 11:59 AM
This is so stupid.

VaultMan
03-17-2007, 12:04 PM
This is so stupid.

You said it Coca.

'Nuff
03-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Just a Reminder!

As reported in the Daily Bugle by Betty Brant and Ed Brubaker...

TODAY, Saturday March 17, 2007. Steve Rogers aka. Captain America will be laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetary, where in spite of the recent controversy, he will receive full military honors. Memorials are scheduled around the country throughout the month. President Bush has declared todays funeral for Rogers as a National Day of Mourning.

R.I.P.Cap! Until we see you again!:thumbs2:

If this is a National Day of Mourning...I shouldn't be working...Them bastids at the Post Office didn't tell us...:stick:

Gangleri
03-17-2007, 12:18 PM
His parents would have been in their mid-30's when he became Cap in WWII. And it's been 65 years since then. IF they're still alive, they would be pushing 100 by now.

Got all that ...but I finished reading The Axis of Time Trilogy by John Birmingham about a International Battle Group (including Super Carrier USS H. Clinton - named for the former President) droped ito the middle of the 1940's .... a U.S. Battle Fleet, the USSR and Axis powers also race for access to future history and technology....anything to cheat history and fate. Anyway even though thier close family members might not have been born yet...the displaced visitors made contact with the extended family present alive in the 40's.

I can't believe that with Cap's identity known there arn't any people related to Steve Rogers and that he/or they would not have made contact over the years. If people claim Presidents and Pilgrim's six times removed...I/They would be happy claim a veteran and hero like him...