PDA

View Full Version : The Cap Controversy

Roguewarrior
03-20-2007, 05:43 PM
This was some ideas from someone outside of group. I thought that these were worthy of posting here. Not to get a conversation going, just some things to consider. I know I did not think about this (as I am not a big Cap America reader myself, it may be more obvious to the regular readers.) For the non reader, these may be some interesting ideas. If not, oh well.

The question I ask over this is--------
1) From Winter Soldier on after the Red Skull (died?)
I think from the get go that Shield and Capt. America
had to question the Skull's demise-----
this is an enemy who has withstood 40+ years of
popping back up as all villains do-----
this scenario of having the Capt die would bring
the Skull out in the open.
the Red Skull out lives Capt America---
I don't think so
2) it seems real strange to me that FURY was virtually invisible during the
CIVIL WAR STORIES ----
he was using this to his benefit--
Capt America kept Stark and Shield off his back while he planned for the Red Skull
3) we see the Capt on a hospital gurney partially
covered with a sheet ----I do not recall anyone
surrounding that gurney in tears --or grief---
4) we see the Capt getting shot point blank by Sharon
NO ONE IN THE CROWD SAW OR RESPONDED
TO THIS ---TV cameras and the ever vigilant
SHIELD-----
5) The Cosmic Cube is going to be a factor in this
story line ------
that's a start----if I really think about this I probably will come up with some more----
I AM IN DENIAL

goodydog12
03-20-2007, 06:03 PM
I just read the last few issues of cap. Red Skull met up with Doom and Doom made something for him. He said it would only be good for 1 use. I don't recall seeing it anywhere else in comics yet (I just started reading again). I think that it will be an amplifier for the cosmic cube to be used 1 more time as all the power of the cube was used up to my knowledge.

goodydog12
03-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Heres more possible controversy. In the June previews for New Avengers (while the cover shows Elektra being killed possibly)...the text says that the last page holds the most important event im Marvel comics this year (or something like that). How could anything else Marvel do this year be more important than what they did to Cap? Also on the preview for Cap in June it says something like nothing is as what it seems...not even the cover (which has Bucky holding the shield.

Roguewarrior
03-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Just got a first edition Captain America #25 and read it tonight. Cap is soo alive. There were so many loopholes bends and twists in the plot it is screaming Cap return.

mwf6171
03-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Well, when Cap comes back, I MAY start reading Marvel again.........

Jack8022
03-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Between the whole Civil War thing, Cap being "killed" as he was and what's going on with Spiderman, Marvel is basically killing the fun I used to get from their titles.

VaultMan
03-22-2007, 12:28 PM
Well, when Cap comes back, I MAY start reading Marvel again.........

I agree on some level. But I am all over World War Hulk in a few months. :thumbs2:

Leon
03-22-2007, 03:24 PM
I agree on some level. But I am all over World War Hulk in a few months. :thumbs2:

:buttrock: :buttrock: Captain who?

Car50n
03-22-2007, 03:30 PM
keep your eyes and ears peeled for a this date:

July 4th, 2008

my 2 cents...or the rumor mill at work. i'll let you decide.

lord odin
03-22-2007, 04:40 PM
keep your eyes and ears peeled for a this date:

July 4th, 2008

my 2 cents...or the rumor mill at work. i'll let you decide.

I was thinking sometime around easter.:)

mwf6171
03-22-2007, 07:56 PM

Cake eater!!:stick: :thumbsdow