PDA

View Full Version : What Scale are Attakus Star Wars Statues?

The_One
03-25-2007, 01:54 AM
Was thinking about getting into them and wanted to know if they can be displayed with a few Gentle Giant ones I have.

Hellboy
03-25-2007, 01:59 AM
Attakus SW statues are 1/5 scale while GG's are 1/6 scale. :)

I had some GG 1/6 statues but eventually sold them. After my first few Attakus pieces I realized I liked the larger scale and Attakus' attention to detail more. So for me personally I didn't like them displayed together.

The_One
03-25-2007, 02:11 AM
thanks, I had to take a look at Attakus after I was really waiting for the Obi-Wan statue from GG and it came out looking terrible.

Hellboy
03-25-2007, 02:23 AM
Yeah its to bad about the Clone Armor Obi-Wan. I was even considering getting it after seeing the proto pics. Glad I waited.

Attakus has the best SW statues on the market IMO but unfortunately I don't like their Obi-Wan that much. Its a beautiful sculpt with some great detail but the likeness is way off and really hurts the overall appearance.

The_One
03-25-2007, 02:32 AM
Well they have some many good statues out there it would take me a loooong time to even get to that point to worry about him. Besides they may make a new trilogy Obi.

Hellboy
03-25-2007, 02:48 AM
Besides they may make a new trilogy Obi.

Hopefully they do make a prequel Obi-Wan. I'd also love to see Count Dooku at some point too. Attakus has improved on their human likenesses and even some of the older releases like Han and Padme look great IMO.

ump
03-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Was thinking about getting into them and wanted to know if they can be displayed with a few Gentle Giant ones I have.

Check this link:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=41700&highlight=vader+attakus

:thumbs2:

PitViper
03-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Still one of the best pics ever :buttrock: :buttrock:

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/8949/statuesvadercomparaisonlv8.jpg

Hellboy
03-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Still one of the best pics ever :buttrock: :buttrock:

Yeah its a great comparison shot. It just confirms to me though that the Attakus Vader I is still THE definitive Vader.

The_One
03-25-2007, 11:40 PM
that sideshow statue is huge

Hellboy
03-25-2007, 11:46 PM
the very right is sideshow and the one next to it is attakus vader 1 correct?

From left to right:

Gentle Giant: 1/6 scale Vader I Mini-Bust
Gentle Giant: 1/6 scale Vader Statue
Attakus: 1/5 scale Vader I Statue
Sideshow: 1/4 scale Premium Format Figure

Darth Torment
03-26-2007, 12:26 AM
Great Comparison photo!

Thanks! Always curious to see how they would look all together in a collection, and it looks SWEET!! (minus the Sideshow one, I think it stinks)

Shangrilien
03-26-2007, 01:37 AM
Great Comparison photo!

Thanks! Always curious to see how they would look all together in a collection, and it looks SWEET!! (minus the Sideshow one, I think it stinks)
Sorry but I completely disagree with you (including the way you said it). And I must say SS Vader smells pretty good every time I take it out of the box to watch it :D
Now back on topic : Attakus SW statues scale. ;)

Darth Mystery
03-26-2007, 04:06 AM
...... And I must say SS Vader smells pretty good every time I take it out of the box to watch it :D

:p Depends where you put your nose :laugh:

bruceb
03-26-2007, 05:44 AM
thanks, I had to take a look at Attakus after I was really waiting for the Obi-Wan statue from GG and it came out looking terrible.

......as much as i like attakus...i really don't like most of their human sculptures.....attakus obi-wan have a terrible likeness.....

Darth Torment
03-29-2007, 08:28 PM
......as much as i like attakus...i really don't like most of their human sculptures.....attakus obi-wan have a terrible likeness.....

Yeah the Obi Wan is not pretty...

Hellboy
03-29-2007, 10:04 PM
The thing is Obi-Wan is a great sculpt with the exception of the likeness. I love the neutral pose and the details on him are fantastic. Its a shame the face is so off because I'd love to own it. :(

Darth Torment
03-30-2007, 12:20 AM
The thing is Obi-Wan is a great sculpt with the exception of the likeness. I love the neutral pose and the details on him are fantastic. Its a shame the face is so off because I'd love to own it. :(

There is definately a high level of craftsmanship in all the Attakus statues, that is clear, but I don't think the sculpt is good BECAUSE the likeness is off. Attakus doesn't seem to do human likeness very well which is too bad, because their other statues are fantastic.

just MO though :)