PDA

View Full Version : Ego versus Mogo

Tetragrammaton
03-29-2007, 03:57 AM
Another classic DC versus Marvel battle...of the planets.

Ego, the Living Planet

http://i11.tinypic.com/2ic09r5.jpg

Mogo, the Green Lantern

http://i14.tinypic.com/3zl80gg.jpg

Wolverine1
03-29-2007, 04:04 AM
Never heard of Mogo....

Does Ego have any powers?

Tetragrammaton
03-29-2007, 04:17 AM
Ego: Superhuman physical powers: Ego is a "living planet" with total control over its entire mass down to the molecular level. It is able to use its own substance to extrude tentacles, organic sensors, plant-like growth and to create humanoid vessels for its consciousness. It can shape its surface into the appearance of a gigantic face, to appear as a dead inhospitable world, or into an idyllic paradise to lure unwary space travelers to it surface, which it then absorbs. Ego possesses various internal features analogous to a living organism, such as gigantic tunnels which have been compared to arteries, and a gigantic brain-like organ deep below its surface, Ego possess both digestive organs which it uses when absorbing living beings, and an immune system which creates powerful antibodies to destroy beings which resist absorption.
Superhuman Mental Powers: Ego possesses vast psionic powers, which enable it tap energy sources such as stars or to absorb the life energies of living beings, and channel that energy for its own uses. Ego has vast telepathic powers, which appear to be effective over interstellar distances.

Mogo: All Green Lanterns wield a power ring that can generate a variety of effects and energy constructs, sustained purely by the ring wearer's strength of will. The greater the user's willpower, the more effective the ring. The limits of the power ring's abilities are not clearly defined and it has been referred to as "the most powerful weapon in the universe" on more than one occasion. Across the years, the ring has been shown capable of accomplishing anything within the imagination of the ring bearer. Often the rings are used to form solid-light constructs, the power and size of which are limited only by the ring-bearer's willpower. Stories in 2006 retconned the ring's longtime lack of effect on yellow objects, stating that the ring-bearer need only feel fear and overcome it in order to affect yellow objects.

Power rings of various wielders have exhibited (but are not limited to) the following:

Plasma based constructs limited to the willpower of the bearer
Semi-sentient computers, including Book of Oa reference, from laws to the history of the universe
Flight across the cosmos through wormholes
Finite power source, but no longer limited to 24 hours. Kyle Rayner's ring was the first ring to absorb more power than originally thought, having stored the main power battery's energy following its explosion on Oa.
Force field generation
Radiation simulation, including Kryptonite

Plus he's a planet.

Wolverine1
03-29-2007, 04:54 AM
Meh, Id have to go with the Lantern....

Ego seems he likes to eat people, but he can absorb other stars energies....

whd
03-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Ego vs Mogo. No matter who loses everybody wins. :)

HalJordanFan
03-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Ego has almost taken Galactus out himself. If I remember correctly Reed had to help and put thrusters on Ego and sent him into orbit. Until at a later date he took control over the thrusters. He's pretty powerful.

As for Mogo, he's pretty much a putz.

TheJoker
03-29-2007, 09:16 AM
Ego vs Mogo. No matter who loses everybody wins. :)

nice..LOL

HalJordanFan
03-29-2007, 09:27 AM
What was the vote based on Joker?

hawkeyethearcher
03-29-2007, 12:50 PM
anyone with a ring has a chance to beat anybody. i would give it to mogo. he needs his own series

HalJordanFan
03-29-2007, 03:29 PM
anyone with a ring has a chance to beat anybody. i would give it to mogo. he needs his own series

Not true at all. The Lantern's are powerful, but not to the point that they could take down anyone.

Makkari1
03-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Ego is pretty nasty I'd vote him.