PDA

View Full Version : Stan Lee signed my Stan Lee Pernatar!

rilynil
04-01-2007, 02:17 AM
Man, I'm so thrilled to be posting this! Thanks to Max (redspider), who is easily one of the most generous guys I've ever known, Stan "the Man" Lee recently signed my Stan Lee Pernatar! (the same image as the one in my signature between Domino and Rockslide) WOW! I can't wait to take Tony Perna's exquisite original art and this way-cool photograph of The Man and get them framed together! No Wal-Mart frames for these two treasures, no sir! -- I may have to find some kind of crystal display! :laugh:

I can't express how grateful I am to Tony Perna for doing such a phenomenal job on my Stan Lee Pernatar. And the same goes for Max, who -- not once but twice -- has done such an incredible favor for this humble Southern boy, who probably will never have the good fortune to be in the same room as Stan Lee, much less have a chance to ask for his autograph.

Tony and Max: You guys rock unbelievably hard. :buttrock: I owe you guys BIG-TIME!

(Any time you guys want a print of "Chrome Faucet Kitchen Sink Man with Cosmic Scrubbing Bubbles" signed by me, just let me know! ;))

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/StanandPernatar2.jpg

JadeGiant
04-01-2007, 02:24 AM
AWESOME Neil!!!!!!

JLM
04-01-2007, 05:07 AM
Very cool indeed!

Wolverine1
04-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Dang, that is so awesome, Id like to meet Stan one day....

High Lord Apocalypse
04-01-2007, 10:40 AM
congratz neil!!! i can just hear that banjo playin from you front porch!:)

Underdog07
04-01-2007, 10:59 AM
That really is cool. And very funny that his outfit almost matches what he is wearing in the pic.

JDH
04-01-2007, 11:00 AM
That's brilliant!

wktf
04-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Just outstanding!!! I'd love to meet The Man someday, too!

JadeGiant
04-01-2007, 11:38 AM
I'd love to meet The Man someday, too!

agreed, that would be very cool:thumbs2:

Jesse321
04-01-2007, 12:27 PM
You lucky rat bastardo! :laugh:

Seriously though, congrats Neil. :thumbs2:

Alex655321
04-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Neil that is really cool:thumbs2:
Congrat!!!

Primal
04-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Awesome Neil! Congrats amigo.

If Stan Lee uses AOL then it cant be all bad. :D :buttrock:

Perna
04-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Man, I'm so thrilled to be posting this! Thanks to Max (redspider), who is easily one of the most generous guys I've ever known, Stan "the Man" Lee recently signed my Stan Lee Pernatar! (the same image as the one in my signature between Domino and Rockslide) WOW! I can't wait to take Tony Perna's exquisite original art and this way-cool photograph of The Man and get them framed together! No Wal-Mart frames for these two treasures, no sir! -- I may have to find some kind of crystal display!

I can't express how grateful I am to Tony Perna for doing such a phenomenal job on my Stan Lee Pernatar. And the same goes for Max, who -- not once but twice -- has done such an incredible favor for this humble Southern boy, who probably will never have the good fortune to be in the same room as Stan Lee, much less have a chance to ask for his autograph.

Tony and Max: You guys rock unbelievably hard. I owe you guys BIG-TIME!

(Any time you guys want a print of "Chrome Faucet Kitchen Sink Man with Cosmic Scrubbing Bubbles" signed by me, just let me know! ;))

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/StanandPernatar2.jpg

Your very welcome Neil. That was one of my favorite Pernatars to draw. I'm flattered that Stan held it in his hands and signed it.

But I'll do you one better. :D

http://www3.sympatico.ca/tmontana/tonystan1.jpg

rilynil
04-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Your very welcome Neil. That was one of my favorite Pernatars to draw. I'm flattered that Stan held it in his hands and signed it.
But I'll do you one better.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/tmontana/tonystan1.jpg
:buttrock: :buttrock: You better explain to everybody the deal with this one, Tony. They may think that's the same Pernatar I requested.
But it's not, folks! Tony has a fantastic story to tell, but he's keeping y'all in suspense for the moment. :)

Avenger
04-01-2007, 03:44 PM
:buttrock: :buttrock: You better explain to everybody the deal with this one, Tony. They may think that's the same Pernatar I requested.
But it's not, folks! Tony has a fantastic story to tell, but he's keeping y'all in suspense for the moment. :)
I know the story.

I really do hope that this pans out for Tony. He deserves it. :thumbs2:

Perna
04-01-2007, 05:30 PM

Too true. Lets clear it up. The Pernatar that Stan is holding is the one that I did for rilynil way back when he requested it. That one is going back to rilynil signed by me and Stan. The one that I'm holding is a second Stan Lee Pernatar that Stan Lee requested himself. Seems he liked the Pernatar so much that he asked redspider to contact me and ask if I could draw up another one. Stan also wants to use that image in his future projects as part of the promotional image. How can I say no to Stan Lee? I drew one up (the one I'm holding) and it should be mailed out this week to him. I'm still blown away by this.

Alex655321
04-01-2007, 05:36 PM
That is amazing news Tony:buttrock:
Thanks for sharing the story with us not in the know:thumbs2:

rychehitman
04-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Perna rocks!

I hope you are getting paid every time he uses that image!!!

rilynil
04-01-2007, 06:18 PM
I don't know who I'm happier for: me or Tony! :laugh: Well, I think it's me! Um, no, I'm happier for Tony. Err, well now, I think it's me! No, no, I'm probably much happier for Tony. Nope, it's definitely ME! :buttrock:

Well, I just know I'm happy for both of us. :) Yay!

:confused2

Jesse321
04-01-2007, 06:40 PM
Too true. Lets clear it up. The Pernatar that Stan is holding is the one that I did for rilynil way back when he requested it. That one is going back to rilynil signed by me and Stan. The one that I'm holding is a second Stan Lee Pernatar that Stan Lee requested himself. Seems he liked the Pernatar so much that he asked redspider to contact me and ask if I could draw up another one. Stan also wants to use that image in his future projects as part of the promotional image. How can I say no to Stan Lee? I drew one up (the one I'm holding) and it should be mailed out this week to him. I'm still blown away by this.

DUDE THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

MAJOR MAJOR CONGRATS !!!! :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

Primal
04-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Awesome news Tony! :buttrock:

Couldnt have happened to a nicer Logan look-a-like!
Congrats!

JadeGiant
04-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Tony, that is the coolest story I have read on this board hands down. I am so happy for you and proud that one our own is so honored by Stan!:buttrock:

High Lord Apocalypse
04-01-2007, 07:43 PM
excellent news tony!! thanks for sharing that with us.

Perna
04-01-2007, 11:52 PM
DUDE THAT IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!

MAJOR MAJOR CONGRATS !!!! :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

Are you coming on to me?:stick:

LOL!!! Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your support. A big thanks goes out to rilynil who requested the Stan Lee avatar in the first place.:thumbs2:

Meteor Man
04-02-2007, 01:32 AM
Are you coming on to me?:stick:

LOL!!! Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your support. A big thanks goes out to rilynil who requested the Stan Lee avatar in the first place.:thumbs2:

WOW!!! Congratulations Tony!!! You deserve it man...you are so talented! Way to go on this Rylinil, major props to you for getting Tony's amazing work into Stan the man's hands!!!:buttrock:

Wolverine1
04-02-2007, 02:05 AM
Congrats P! You rock!

rilynil
04-02-2007, 02:19 AM
And I'll offer one more heartfelt round of thanks to redspider. I think it's exceptionally cool that, from his home in Los Angeles, he brought so much excitement to my house in Alabama and Tony's home in Canada. Hey, we are the world, people! :)

Seriously, Max, you're the best! :buttrock:

Sniper
04-02-2007, 03:25 AM
man I so want the picture of the silver surfer behind him!

JDH
04-02-2007, 05:18 AM
Congratulations Tony - that's great!

JLM
04-02-2007, 05:58 AM
Awesome news Tony. Congratulations!

Primal
04-02-2007, 06:13 AM
Congrats P! You rock!

Thanx! :)

whd
04-02-2007, 08:57 AM
Great news all around! Congrats! :thumbs2:

madjazz
04-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Congrats, Tony!

Rogue
04-02-2007, 01:24 PM
This has made Tony sooooooooooooo happy! Congrats Shugah!! :)

endsongjen
04-02-2007, 02:46 PM
thats awesome neil!!!! congrats

armitage
04-02-2007, 06:37 PM
SweeeeeeeeeeeeT!!!
Congrats!

madjazz
04-03-2007, 04:40 AM
I have no idea why I am up so early and I want to go back to bed. Oh well.

I was traveling yesterday and didn't get a chance to post additional details. I was actually in an airport, talking to Tony on my cell, and doing the one-handed internet surfing thing (isn't that a disturbing image? :) ).

It has got to be pretty damn cool to have someone of the reputation of a Stan Lee showing an interest in your art.

I was telling Tony that I have a couple of pretty cool Stan Lee signed things in my collection. My brother was in investor relations back when the Revlon guy owned (and drove into the ground) Marvel. He was actually on Stan's Christmas card list and one of those cards is in my possession and is a cool piece. I also have a nice b&w promo photo of Stan and Spiderman, complete with personalized word balloons. I have a copy of the X-Man -1 issue Stan wrote signed.

The coolest thing I have though is a framed cinema-sized poster from Mallrats (the one with the picture of Stan in the lower corner). This is signed by Stan and I have this hung in my basement by my DVDs and on the path into my statue/bust/comic room. I've posted a picture of this before. When I get home I'll try to repost that photo here.

Congrats again, Tony. Stan is a major talent who has always stayed true and faithful to us fans. Not only is this cool as hell, but every time I look at my original Pernatars I will remember the fact that Stan has one of these unique pieces hanging in his collection as well.

Wolverine1
04-03-2007, 04:48 AM
Thanx! :)
What did you do? Get your AoA Sunfire signed by the Man?

cyberpunk12
04-03-2007, 12:28 PM
That's great Tony! :thumbs2: Congrats!

fossa2
04-04-2007, 10:27 PM
congrats TP & rily :thumbs2:

rilynil
04-04-2007, 11:02 PM
congrats TP & rily :thumbs2:
Thanks, Fossa :thumbs2: