PDA

View Full Version : Omnibus Variant's?????????????

Juggernaut
04-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Why does no one show the variant cover's for the Marvel Omnibus's?
Even Marvel Previews don't do it.

Im not sure if I should by the reg or the variant of the FF vol 2 omnibus and the SS Omnibus?

If anyone could post pics of the FF Omnibus vol 2 cover by Ladronn and the SS Omnibus cover by Esad Ribic it would be very helpfull.

patrickwm68
04-05-2007, 10:48 AM
I asked this same question and did not get an answer. I preordered the Amazing Spidey variant through Amazon and there was no picture. I keep hearing it's by Alex Ross so I figure it has to be his version of Amazing Fantasy 15.

SARPEDON
04-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Whenever Marvel Does Not Post Pics Of Variants I Get Leery Of It So I Just Stay With The Jack Kirby Cover Of The F.f Omnibus. Can't Go Wrong With Kirby

Juggernaut
04-05-2007, 05:23 PM
This one was in Marvel Previews as the Spider-Man Omnibus variant by Alex Ross.

http://i12.tinypic.com/2q9ckrn.jpg

patrickwm68
04-05-2007, 05:26 PM
This one was in Marvel Previews as the Spider-Man Omnibus variant by Alex Ross.

http://i12.tinypic.com/2q9ckrn.jpg

Thanks, that's what I thought.

Teague
04-05-2007, 06:53 PM
As much as I like Ross' work, I hate that they do these variants. It's just cheesy. Like people are going to collect both $100 books to have both covers. Give me a break.

Come out with one cover and be done with it. Stop trying to wring the last dime out of my pocket needlessly.

patrickwm68
04-05-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah, DC did it with the A.Ross Mythology hardcover. It not only had a different cover but there was something like a paper airplane bound in with it.

Teague
04-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah, DC did it with the A.Ross Mythology hardcover. It not only had a different cover but there was something like a paper airplane bound in with it.

Yeah, that was ridiculous. What really made it stupid is that they just switched the cover art for each version--on one, there was one picture on the dustjacket and the other on the binding, and it was reversed on the other version. As if the paper airplane wasn't silly enough. Sheesh.:banghead:

patrickwm68
04-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah, that was ridiculous. What really made it stupid is that they just switched the cover art for each version--on one, there was one picture on the dustjacket and the other on the binding, and it was reversed on the other version. As if the paper airplane wasn't silly enough. Sheesh.:banghead:

Sad thing is I bought the one with the Airplane just because it had the airplane.

Teague
04-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Sad thing is I bought the one with the Airplane just because it had the airplane.

Well, heck, we all do silly things. I bought Rob Liefeld's work on purpose at one point back in the dark ages. But we get wiser. :D

Juggernaut
04-06-2007, 09:22 AM
I buy either the reg or the variant.

The only Omnibus variant I have bought yet is the DD Omnibus. I think it was better than the reg and the variant realy fits in with Frank Millers style, because of the red,black and a bit of white cover, it reminds me of the Sin City trades vol 1 and 2 also red,black and a bit of white in the cover's.

The other Omnibus's I have are reg.

My FF vol 1 is reg, so Maybe I should by FF vol 2 in reg also?

I realy do like Ladronn's style though so maybe I should buy that one?

Teague
04-06-2007, 11:42 AM
I buy either the reg or the variant.

The only Omnibus variant I have bought yet is the DD Omnibus. I think it was better than the reg and the variant realy fits in with Frank Millers style, because of the red,black and a bit of white cover, it reminds me of the Sin City trades vol 1 and 2 also red,black and a bit of white in the cover's.

The other Omnibus's I have are reg.

My FF vol 1 is reg, so Maybe I should by FF vol 2 in reg also?

I realy do like Ladronn's style though so maybe I should buy that one?

My LCS apparently gets the covers randomly--I got the red and black cover for the DD Omnibus, too. It's okay--it's not like a classic cover would have fit a Frank Miller collection--but at the same time, I prefer the original art. Good thing I don't care all that much about the covers of my trades, etc.

Juggernaut
04-07-2007, 09:06 AM
It would be interesting to know why Marvel don't show/only somtime show's the variant's in Marvel Previews?

Juggernaut
04-08-2007, 04:41 PM
If anyone get some info on the variant cover's please post it.

spidey78
04-09-2007, 07:05 AM
A little off topic....does anyone know if there will be a 2nd printing of Fantastic Four Omnibus #1?

Juggernaut
04-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Why does no one show the variant cover's for the Marvel Omnibus's?
Even Marvel Previews don't do it.

Im not sure if I should by the reg or the variant of the FF vol 2 omnibus and the SS Omnibus?

If anyone could post pics of the FF Omnibus vol 2 cover by Ladronn and the SS Omnibus cover by Esad Ribic it would be very helpfull.

Any news on the variant's?

Teague
04-22-2007, 04:45 PM
A little off topic....does anyone know if there will be a 2nd printing of Fantastic Four Omnibus #1?

I doubt it. At least they haven't announced one. Is the first print sold out?

Juggernaut
04-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Are these variant cover's nowhere?

Juggernaut
04-24-2007, 07:56 AM
The variant cover's.

http://i11.tinypic.com/3yheqmb.jpg

http://i12.tinypic.com/2myp5w2.jpg

Aarrgghh!!
04-24-2007, 08:32 AM
I wish they would have used Joe Jusko's Surfer for the cover, the Landron is cool in a way.
http://www.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_1950/subcat_38282/96Surfer1.jpg

Aarrgghh!!
04-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Ok, Devil Dinosaur Omnibus?!?! I have no problem with any work being collected, but it's ONLY 9 issues....9 issues does not make an Omnibus in my opinion!! What's next?

protector2814
04-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread but I picked up the Spiderman Omnibus 1 that came out today and all I can say is "WOW". I know it costs a lot but its worth every penny. I'd checked it out on Amazon and planned on paying the $67 and change they were charging, but after seeing it at my comic shop, I just couldn't wait. I'm traveling on Tuesday and wanted the book for the train. The book is beautiful. Reproduction quality, simply top-notch. I've purchased a few of the Marvel MasterWorks in the past - The Kirby book1 and The Golden Age V1 & 2, but I'm glad I held off on the Spideys ' for this omnibus. The bonus cover illustrations in the back of the book will blow your mind. 43 classics plus some pretty insightfull essays and some hard to find, never published covers and artwork make this a hell of a book. Got my subscribers 10% discount, so at least I feel a little better about missing the Amazon deal. If your on the fence, take a look. You'll be blown away.

patrickwm68
04-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread but I picked up the Spiderman Omnibus 1 that came out today and all I can say is "WOW". I know it costs a lot but its worth every penny. I'd checked it out on Amazon and planned on paying the $67 and change they were charging, but after seeing it at my comic shop, I just couldn't wait. I'm traveling on Tuesday and wanted the book for the train. The book is beautiful. Reproduction quality, simply top-notch. I've purchased a few of the Marvel MasterWorks in the past - The Kirby book1 and The Golden Age V1 & 2, but I'm glad I held off on the Spideys ' for this omnibus. The bonus cover illustrations in the back of the book will blow your mind. 43 classics plus some pretty insightfull essays and some hard to find, never published covers and artwork make this a hell of a book. Got my subscribers 10% discount, so at least I feel a little better about missing the Amazon deal. If your on the fence, take a look. You'll be blown away.

So is the variant cover by Alex Ross?

protector2814
04-25-2007, 06:09 PM
Didn't get the variant. Didn't see it. Just wanted to share thoughts on the book. Should have started a new thread and not piggy-backed on the variant.