PDA

View Full Version : Champions Forever

VaultMan
04-06-2007, 12:22 AM
Taking a page from the classic Avengers Forever...

Through his machinations, Darkseid captures the Infinity Gauntlet. His power now threatens life on two universes. Only the combined forces of the best of both worlds can save the day!:thumbs2:

The time-travelling Immortus discovers the plot and is immediately killed by Darkseid. Kang, sensing the death of his future self is infuriated at this lack of respect. He soon discovers this plot of intergalactic destruction and begins to create a team of champions to help stop this evil.

Put a six-hero team together using the heroes from the teams below that has what it takes to save two universes.

JLA – Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), The Flash (Barry Allen), Martian Manhunter

JSA – Spectre, Doctor Fate, HourMan, Atom, The Flash, Sandman, Green Lantern (Alan Scott), and Hawkman

Classic XMen – Beast, Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Iceman, Angel

Modern XMen – Colossus, Wolverine, Banshee, Storm, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Phoenix, Kitty Pryde

Avengers – Iron Man, Cap, Thor, The Vision, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, any of the Hank Pym incarnations, Wasp, Hawkeye

Fantastic Four – Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, The Thing

Defenders – Nighthawk, Silver Surfer, The Hulk, Valkyrie, Dr. Strange

moon_knight1971
04-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Wow those are some powerhouse teams!
Mister Fantastic (moreso for his noggin)
Superman
Thor
Spectre
Dr. Strange
Silver Surfer

Tetragrammaton
04-06-2007, 01:29 AM
Batman
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Dr. Fate
Iron Man
Invisible Woman
Thor

VaultMan
04-06-2007, 01:33 AM
Batman
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Dr. Fate
Iron Man
Invisible Woman
Thor

Why'd you choose Fate over Strange, Im curious...

Tetragrammaton
04-06-2007, 01:49 AM
I was always a sucker for the JLA/JSA crossovers of the 70s and 80s. Dr. Fate always seemed to be the most powerful member of those composite teams (mind you the Spectre wasn't usually around).

Spell to spell, I just think Fate is more powerful than Strange. Besides I wanted three characters from each universe.

Wolverine1
04-06-2007, 02:52 AM
Wolverine
Nightcrawler
Superman
Phoenix
Batman
The Flash Barry

Statue and Bust
04-06-2007, 04:34 AM
Cap
Thor
Silver Surfer
Superman
Iron Man
Green Lantern

wktf
04-06-2007, 09:41 AM
If you just had The Spectre I'm not sure who else you'd need. Being God's own instrument of vengeance, the physical manifestation of the Angel of Death, I just don't see any power standing against him, including Thanos.

VaultMan
04-06-2007, 09:56 AM
If you just had The Spectre I'm not sure who else you'd need. Being God's own instrument of vengeance, the physical manifestation of the Angel of Death, I just don't see any power standing against him, including Thanos.

Thats a good point. The Spectre does kinda take the fun out of the fight. :)

Babytoxie
04-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Aw damn I thought this was some new Champions miniseries!:(

Makkari1
04-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Encase you didn't read the outcome of all the battles with the Infinity Gauntlet, no one ever over powered the gems but rather the user screwed up somehow. Ultimatley, the Living Tribunal had to step in and render the gems from working together ever again. I don't care how many teams you put together, they loose before the might of the gauntlet. And if Darseid is half as smart as Thanos, he'll win the game barring some plot device.

MrYac
04-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Spectre
Vision
Beast
Hulk (mostly because i think it'd be awesome to see him fighting a few thousand Parademons at once)

Gangleri
04-06-2007, 01:25 PM
- Thor (If going toe to toe with Darkseid you'll need all the Gods you can find)
- Silver Surfer (Adam Warlock would have been my cosmic choice if the Gauntlet is involved).
- Phoenix (She's saved universes before - she'll do it again)
- Flash (Barry gave his life to save all creation - you know he'll sacifice himself if it comes to that choice).
- Fate (Mystic might on par with Dr. Strange but not a loose cannon like the New Spectre)
- Superman (If Darkseid is involved Kal-El will be leading the fight against him).

* This would be one way to bring Captain America Back!!! Darkseid could use the Gaunlet to bring back all the fallen of both universes - to protect him and battle the Chosen Six.

Roguewarrior
04-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Green Lantern,
Nightcrawler,
Kitty Pryde,
Thor,
Cap, and
Silver Surfer.

My preference for Marvel characters is showing eh?

MrYac
04-06-2007, 11:14 PM
- Superman (If Darkseid is involved Kal-El will be leading the fight against him).

agree 100%, kind of sad to see so many people leaving Clark off the team

Tetragrammaton
04-06-2007, 11:40 PM
Superman for all his immense power is simply too vulnerable to a knowledgeable and resourceful opponent. Kryptonite, red sun radiation, magic can all take him quickly out of a fight.