PDA

View Full Version : What if Marvel Comics didn't suck?

VaultMan
04-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Well for starters, there never would've been a clone Thor.

Bill Foster would still be alive.

Peter Parker wouldn't have unmasked...

How many more ya got?

Babytoxie
04-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Well, we'd be all the way back in the '60s - that's for sure.:D

TheJoker
04-10-2007, 02:34 PM
CAP WOULD DEFINATELY NOT BE DEAD!!!

The symbote costume would never have left eddie brock.

O and there would have been no such thing as the House of M.

Lizard King
04-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Wolverine would still be a bad@ss psycho and spiderman would never have been cloned.

Vince-Vell
04-10-2007, 02:59 PM
X-Man would still be alive.

Genis-Vell would still be alive and called Captain Marvel.

Agree on the whole no such thing as House of M.

More EarthX type stories.

More well written and enjoyable stories like Avengers Forever.

Barbarian
04-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, this bogus thread would have never been. :wink2:

bjread
04-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Then there would be no Marvel :p

I don't think Marvel sucks...it only sucks if you are dead set on things staying the same. In order for Marvel to meet the requirements of Un-suck-i-ness it would have died a long time ago. I for one have no problem with ANY of these things that are going on other than the following:

I don't like the way Bendis is currently doing Spidey...it doesn't accurately reflect the character as he is now.

Sentry...could be something...they just aren't doing anything with him...kill him off already.

HoM...not much different than AoA. New universe...we know it couldn't last...has had/will have a BIGGER impact on the MU than AoA. AoA was only better because of all the different books involved.

Wolverine not being a bad@$$...not so sure. The character has to grow. He grew from an unknown character into a greatly loved character with VERY INTERESTING back story...to a man taking on more responsibility and handling it different.

Cloned Thor...it was a ploy to make $$$. It didn't last...it's okay.

Cap's Death...I think we all have to with-hold a decision until we see how this plays out.

Symbiote on Eddie Brock...okay I agree...that wasn't a good idea.

Spidey unmasked...it has created a great story potential...we'll see.

Bill Foster...not that important in my world.

Storm and Black Panther on the FF...not a big fan...can't wait until Storm is back in the X-family.

Ink
04-10-2007, 03:15 PM
The symbote costume would never have left eddie brock.

whose screw up was this?:mad:

moon_knight1971
04-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Wazzup with a female Doc Ock?

VaultMan
04-10-2007, 03:20 PM
X-Man would still be alive.

Good call! I loved XMan. Maybe I was a little bit of a Marvel zombie following AoA, but I thought his character was pretty cool. and Threnody was a very hot supporting character.

TheJoker
04-10-2007, 03:23 PM

i dunno/ dont remember... but i know that venom is eddie brock not mac gargan (he's scorpion)

moon_knight1971
04-10-2007, 03:23 PM
Bring back the original White Tiger. Maybe its the writing but I'm not diggin' the new White Tiger......

imthkman
04-10-2007, 03:24 PM
I enjoyed Marvel right up until Avengers Dis-Assembled. After that, I basically stopped buying Marvel. It's OK though, it gave me more money to buy statues. :thumbs2: A few things that come to mind are Cap's death, Avengers re-shuffling, Hawkeye's death, Scott & Jean apart, Scarlet Witch going psycho.

moon_knight1971
04-10-2007, 03:35 PM
All those things made sense though. Scarlet Witch married an android and created children. I think most people would consider that not quite being on the same playing field.....

wktf
04-10-2007, 04:42 PM

Mark Millar was the writer and the Dodson's were the artists. First MK Spider-Man arc called Down Among the Dead Men.

Brock was dying of cancer and auctioned off the Venom symbiot to the highest bidder. Mac Gargan, The Scorpion, ended up with the symbiot in the end.

moon_knight1971
04-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Scorpion becoming Venom was a bad move....

Makkari1
04-10-2007, 04:55 PM
If Marvel didn't suck then we wouldn't be having this conversation!

MiamiLoco
04-10-2007, 04:56 PM
If Marvel didn't "Suck" then there would be less TROLLS on the internet ;)

Makkari1
04-10-2007, 05:02 PM
If Marvel didn't suck, Joe Q wouldn't have a job.

hawkeyethearcher
04-10-2007, 05:38 PM
i would have to go to target for toilet paper instead of my LCS

marvelboi77
04-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Marvel has some stories that I have not dug. But I enjoy more Marvel comics then DC. That being said I think I have enjoyed the DC crossovers more. But not by much I liked Identity Crisis. 52 was and still is just ok. Infinite Crisis sucked.

The last 3 crossovers at Marvel had not been very good. However, Speedball becoming Penance, and Cap dying have me forgetting a little how much Civil War sucked.

The DC titles I get I like them all, but I like more of the Marvel ones I get.

So I don't think Marvel sucks except in the big event department.

VaultMan
04-10-2007, 06:05 PM
I got a few more...

Gwen Stacy would've never had an affair with Norman Osborne.

Tony Stark wouldn't have become a complete tool.

Elektra would have stayed dead after Bullseye killed her ( I know thats an old one, but the wound is still fresh!)

Gangleri
04-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Storm and Black Panther on the FF...not a big fan...can't wait until Storm is back in the X-family.

That has story potential...Would Panther and Storm Divorce?? Would there be Divorce by Combat?? If Storm could not fight...who would her champion be or would the X-men invade Wakanda to get her back??

Reed and Sue Richards toyed with the idea of going separate ways...but they always got back together. Since the Panther/Storm backstory was wedged into the MU history to give them a reason to marry...do you think they would Divorce??

JMO...The Panther/Storm stories are interesting and give the diminished mutant population a strong connection/beachead into the post Civil War Marvel Universe (much like Magneto/Genosha did). Besides if Storm didn't want to be with Panther....he would not want her with him (and I don't know if he could stop her leaving --maybe a inhibitor collar -- and she still might be able to fight/sneak out of the country.).

Makkari1
04-10-2007, 06:07 PM

Ouch isn't that a little hard on the skin?

lord odin
04-10-2007, 06:14 PM
I enjoyed Marvel right up until Avengers Dis-Assembled. After that, I basically stopped buying Marvel. It's OK though, it gave me more money to buy statues. :thumbs2: A few things that come to mind are Cap's death, Avengers re-shuffling, Hawkeye's death, Scott & Jean apart, Scarlet Witch going psycho.

Ditto after the Avengers Dis-respected Marvel became a trainwreck to me and now i`ve dropped every single book they put out.
Good job Joe Q. and company:thumbs2:

fenix v.2.0
04-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Scorpion becoming Venom was a bad move....

Brock will be back as Venom...

Ink
04-10-2007, 09:28 PM

:laugh: :laugh:

VaultMan
04-10-2007, 10:05 PM
toilet paper instead of my LCS

Watch out for the staples.

Gatekeeper2Hell
04-11-2007, 05:16 AM

Brock is dead. I don't see a plausable way of bringing him back. The symbiote is hundreds of years old. Hosts die. It would just move to someone else rather than try to resurrect him.

And I believe that Paul Jenkins was the idiot that decided Brock had Cancer in the first place.

If Marvel didn't suck, Jenkins and Bendis would be on the street.

Wolverine1
04-11-2007, 05:21 AM
Brock is dead. I don't see a plausable way of bringing him back. The symbiote is hundreds of years old. Hosts die. It would just move to someone else rather than try to resurrect him.

And I believe that Paul Jenkins was the idiot that decided Brock had Cancer in the first place.

When did Brock die?

Gatekeeper2Hell
04-11-2007, 06:04 AM
Marvel Knights Spider-Man issue 8

Brock auctioned off the symbiote in number 6. The idea was that he saw The Passion of the Christ, and wanted to change. The symbiote was keeping his Cancer at bay. He decided to atone by giving up the suit in an auction and donate the money to charity. At the end of issue 8, Spidey noted that Brock had slit his rists. Which would make his atonement pointless.

Vince-Vell
04-11-2007, 09:10 AM

If Marvel didn't suck, Joe Q wouldn't have a job.

Quoted for the truth! :buttrock:

Ink
04-11-2007, 09:24 AM

well, then they need to invent sombody equally as psychotic as brock to take the symiote

VaultMan
04-11-2007, 10:37 AM
Brock is dead. I don't see a plausable way of bringing him back.

And since when in 2007 has a "dead character" gotten in the way of Marvel's story-telling?:banghead:

Maybe Brock's death would mean something if Joe Q gave two sh!ts about continuity.

whd
04-11-2007, 10:43 AM

I believe fenix is correct. I remember reading somewhere that the second Mighty Avengers arc would be about an invasion of Venom symbiotes and that Brock would be featured as Venom. Whether there would be a plausible explanation for it is another matter entirely. :)

bjread
04-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Eddie Brock isn't dead....there is currently a story going on in one of the Spider-man titles called the Last Temptation of Eddie Brock. He is in the same hospital (dying) that Aunt May is in. So he isn't dead yet.

Vince-Vell
04-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Aunt May will become venom!

Teague
04-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Aunt May will become venom!

You heard it here first! And hopefully last. :D

Psylocke
04-13-2007, 06:02 AM
Psylocke would get the recognision she deserves,and finally get out from behing Emma,Jean,Storm,Electra and loads of other lesser bad asses.

rilynil
04-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Jeez, I'm glad I'm not as hard to please as you guys. Half-full is the way to go, guys, not half-empty!!!! :thumbs2:

Bartholomew
04-13-2007, 12:33 PM
my precious jean will still be alive!

Gatekeeper2Hell
04-13-2007, 10:44 PM
Jeez, I'm glad I'm not as hard to please as you guys. Half-full is the way to go, guys, not half-empty!!!! :thumbs2:

Generally that's true, but we're looking at the hole in the bottom of the glass and all the liquid pouring into our laps. :banghead:

VaultMan
04-14-2007, 12:41 PM
my precious jean will still be alive!

Yeah, but you know she's been dead before. She'll be back, and she'll be kicking Emma's @ss all through Westchester County.:buttrock:

And Spidey would never have unmasked on TV. I so hate that he did that...

tigertank1225
04-14-2007, 02:59 PM
thanos would be alive. :mad:

lord odin
04-14-2007, 04:22 PM
thanos would be alive. :mad:
He`ll be back.:thumbs2: