PDA

View Full Version : What online comic retailer would you recommend?

Duke
04-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi, I'm looking for some recent back issues (issues released within the last six months or less) but all the store around me are out of stock of the titles I'm looking for and tell me they are not able to order the issues I want, and recommended trying an online retailer. My problem is however, I don't know what would be the best online retailer. Any suggestions? I much rather use an online retailer then Ebay so I can try to get all the issues I want at once if possible. Anyone ever used Comic-Central.com? If so, how would you rate them? I noticed they had almost all the issues I'm looking for except one. Thanks a lot for any info, I appreciate it! :thumbs2:

VaultMan
04-10-2007, 08:40 PM
I've used www.mycomicshop.com for back issues. They've been pretty good when I've bought from them in the past, but sometimes their recent issues have damaged spines. Good selection. They are worth a shot though, and their website is pretty user friendly.

For recent issues, I also shop www.midtowncomics.com. They are the local favorite, but the website is not as easy to use. Also, since they have such massive volume, sometimes they run out of stuff pretty quick.

Happy hunting.

madjazz
04-10-2007, 09:12 PM
I've used www.dcbservice.com. They've been fantastic at preorders. I don't think they do back issues, though.

VaultMan
04-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I've used www.dcbservice.com. They've been fantastic at preorders. I don't think they do back issues, though.

Ive browsed their site. I've always intended to order some stuff from them. Their pre-order prices are excellent.

patrickwm68
04-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Duke, I sent you a PM.

Underdog07
04-10-2007, 09:49 PM
try www.iwillsellyoumycomicsforahellofalotamoney.com ask for Underdog.

VaultMan
04-10-2007, 09:58 PM
try www.iwillsellyoumycomicsforahellofalotamoney.com ask for Underdog.

UD, hows it going? You seem cranky today. :)

wktf
04-10-2007, 10:09 PM
I've always found www.mycomicshop.com to be extremely reliable, provide great service, and I like there regular customer emails.

Occasionally I go to www.milehighcomics.com but not all that often as their prices seem to be higher than most others.'

Underdog07
04-10-2007, 10:13 PM
UD, hows it going? You seem cranky today. :)

I actually am rather cranky. I spent a good portion of the day arguing with UPS and "tracking down" a USPS package which apparently the sender never sent but insisted was at my local post office. But I'll be very happy if Duke decides to use my new comic shop:thumbs2:

Actually I was thinking of snapping pics of my new displays for the benhefit of Al's thread. I think that may put a smile back on my face.:buttrock:

VaultMan
04-10-2007, 10:15 PM
I actually am rather cranky. I spent a good portion of the day arguing with UPS and "tracking down" a USPS package which apparently the sender never sent but insisted was at my local post office. But I'll be very happy if Duke decides to use my new comic shop:thumbs2:

Actually I was thinking of snapping pics of my new displays for the benhefit of Al's thread. I think that may put a smile back on my face.:buttrock:

Go for it UD. After all, everyone should be happy! :thumbs2:

Underdog07
04-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Pics posted and I am now in a better mood.

Gatekeeper2Hell
04-11-2007, 05:04 AM
I've always found www.mycomicshop.com to be extremely reliable, provide great service, and I like there regular customer emails.

They also have flat shipping rates. I've had a few orders through them where the shipping cost twice as much as I was charged.

And once I got a Thunderbolts Annual from them that had a water stain on the cover. I was told to keep it and they sent me a new copy. The replacement came in a shipping box that cost them more in postage than I paid to buy the comic.

Teague
04-11-2007, 12:21 PM
They also have flat shipping rates. I've had a few orders through them where the shipping cost twice as much as I was charged.

And once I got a Thunderbolts Annual from them that had a water stain on the cover. I was told to keep it and they sent me a new copy. The replacement came in a shipping box that cost them more in postage than I paid to buy the comic.

Nice. It's good to see customer service like that. This industry gets away with too damn much in that regard.

Duke
04-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks a lot guys for all the replies. I'll definently check out all the ones recommended. Appreciate it! :thumbs2:

TheJoker
04-11-2007, 04:29 PM
sad but i would actually recomend Midtowncomics

VaultMan
04-11-2007, 07:48 PM

Have you had a bad experience with Midtown? They've always treated me well, and Ive bought all kinds of stuff from them for about 3 years now.

if you buy toys though, watch out. They use really crappy price stickers and they are a b!tch to get off without damaging the box.

Underdog07
04-11-2007, 08:18 PM

That is who I use for my subscription service and I have been very happy with them. They ship the books out on Weds and I get them on Thursday - bagged and boarded for free.

ANGRYCOMICMAN
04-11-2007, 08:21 PM
I switched everything from my LCS to mailordercomics.com
Great pricing, fast monthly delivery. I save about $50 a month on my pull list.