PDA

View Full Version : Civil War Trade Question

Doc Sonic
04-15-2007, 06:46 PM
I've been out of comics for awhile. I do want to read the Civil War storyline and it has just been released in Trade Paperback format.

I'm confused. There seems to be several differentTrades and I don't know what to get to read the whole story.

Any suggestions?

needanewcap
04-15-2007, 07:14 PM
You just want the main Civil War trade. Not "Road to" etc.

Doc Sonic
04-15-2007, 11:33 PM
Ok, good. The "Road To" stuff was confusing me. There's different covers for the main trade too?

lord odin
04-15-2007, 11:34 PM
Save your money and read a newspaper it`s the same thing.

rilynil
04-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Save your money and read a newspaper it`s the same thing.
:laugh: Good one!

Teague
04-16-2007, 12:48 AM
They're all good reads...but the main story is all you need. Also, the Front Line books are good.

Toy Machine
04-16-2007, 06:53 AM
I did pose the same question earlier

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=45958

Gatekeeper2hell provided the valuable info

Critical or rather essential books to read

1. civil war tpb
2. civil war - frontline 1 tpb
3. civil war - frontline 2 tpb
4. civil war - fantastic 4 tpb
5. civil war - amazing spider-man tpb

The rest of the civil war trades are independent stories

Babytoxie
04-16-2007, 07:49 AM
I've been out of comics for awhile. I do want to read the Civil War storyline and it has just been released in Trade Paperback format.

I'm confused. There seems to be several differentTrades and I don't know what to get to read the whole story.

Any suggestions?

I"m in the same boat and am only buying the main Civil War trade (for the central story) and the Captain America trade (just 'cause I like Brubaker and Epting's work). No interest in buying the others. After wasting considerable time and $ with DC's Infinite Crisis tie-ins, I've wised up and am sticking with the basics.

But that main trade is the thinnest $25 book I've ever seen. Damn you Marvel.

Vince-Vell
04-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Dunno why you are bothering buying them, prob could find them all in the 50¢ bins.... HA!

check out this guy on ebay, cheap trades with free shipping over $25

gothamcitycomix

I buy all my TPB from him and havent been let down yet.

lord odin
04-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Dunno why you are bothering buying them, prob could find them all in the 50¢ bins.... HA!

check out this guy on ebay, cheap trades with free shipping over $25

gothamcitycomix

I buy all my TPB from him and havent been let down yet.
Come on now you know damn well they aren`t worth that much maybe .25:thumbsdow

Vince-Vell
04-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Come on now you know damn well they aren`t worth that much maybe .25:thumbsdow

My mistake! Never bothered to look in the 25¢ bin. Cause at my LCS that bin has all old leifeld, image and HoM books.:banghead:

Doc Sonic
04-16-2007, 05:27 PM
1) Thanks for all the info everyone.

2) I thought Civil War was the "hot" story of last year. I'm getting the impression that it isn't all that good.

Vince-Vell
04-16-2007, 06:31 PM
2) I thought Civil War was the "hot" story of last year. I'm getting the impression that it isn't all that good.

Well Joe Q and his lackeys made it out to be the biggest event since HoM, and dropped the ball once again. I personaly passed on every event Joe Q talks about since HoM Debacle. But the guys at my LCS were very unhappy with the event who read it.

If you want a good story, get Annihilation. Now is a kick ass story line!

rilynil
04-16-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm looking forward to reading the TPB. :)

lord odin
04-16-2007, 09:18 PM
1) Thanks for all the info everyone.

I kid you not civil bore was one of the worst stories i`ve ever read check out other comic book forums and you`ll see i`m not alone saying that.:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow