PDA

View Full Version : 42

Underdog07
04-15-2007, 07:42 PM
For those who know what that symbolizes, flip on the Dodgers game tonight. I am proud of the fact that a fraternity brother and alum from my alma mater made it all possible. :thumbs2:

Tony Coca
04-15-2007, 07:51 PM

http://www.veaweteach.org/images/photos/people/Jackie_Robinson.jpg

Wolverine1
04-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Well, Andruw Jones was wearing 42 tonight and homered. Who else?

fossa2
04-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Well, Andruw Jones was wearing 42 tonight and homered. Who else?

Andre Ethier.

'Nuff
04-16-2007, 06:24 PM
The entire Dodgers team donned #42...It looks cool...:thumbs2:

fossa2
04-16-2007, 06:45 PM
So did 5 other whole teams!

247 players & coaches in all!!

'Nuff
04-16-2007, 06:50 PM
So did 5 other whole teams!

247 players & coaches in all!!

Hello F2...:thumbs2: ...I read yesterday that the Astros have no Black players...How did that happen...?...I follow the team but didn't realize...Guess I really am color blind...Which is a good thing...:)

fossa2
04-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Hello F2...:thumbs2: ...I read yesterday that the Astros have no Black players...How did that happen...?...I follow the team but didn't realize...Guess I really am color blind...Which is a good thing

Hey 'Nuffster :thumbs2:
There are many reasons why there are so few African American players in baseball these days, but the one that makes most sense to me is that young Black men are more into playing basketball & football.
Of all the teams, the Atlanta Braves also do not have a Black player on their team. Go figure :confused:

...BTW, new Smallville this week...:buttrock:

'Nuff
04-16-2007, 07:50 PM
There are many reasons why there are so few African American players in baseball these days, but the one that makes most sense to me is that young Black men are more into playing basketball & football.
Of all the teams, the Atlanta Braves also do not have a Black player on their team. Go figure :confused:

I'm there...I been watching the trailer on CW...and following kryptonsite...Looks to be a good last few episodes...Who's gonna die...?...

Wolverine1
04-17-2007, 03:13 AM

I didnt realize that about the Braves....