PDA

View Full Version : the anime season

Car50n
04-16-2007, 02:03 PM
new season, lots of new show, waaay too much Mecha for my taste. any one catching the following shows:

Sola
Kaze no Stigma
Darker then Black
Heroic Age
Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny(new)
Koutetsu Sangokushi
Gigantic Formula
El Cazador de la Bruja
Bokurano
Claymore
Seirie no Moribito
Reideen
Moonlight Mile
Getsuma to Heiki Miina

and then there's last season's new shows:

Death Note
D.Gray Man
Busou Renkin
Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou
Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi

and of course, NO MORE FILLERS for Naruto and Bleach :buttrock:

Collection King 13
04-16-2007, 02:44 PM
So whats good on that list? and time and dates do they show?

TheJoker
04-16-2007, 02:44 PM
new season, lots of new show, waaay too much Mecha for my taste. any one catching the following shows:

Sola
Kaze no Stigma
Darker then Black
Heroic Age
Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny(new)
Koutetsu Sangokushi
Gigantic Formula
El Cazador de la Bruja
Bokurano
Claymore
Seirie no Moribito
Reideen
Moonlight Mile
Getsuma to Heiki Miina

and then there's last season's new shows:

Death Note
D.Gray Man
Busou Renkin
Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou
Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi

and of course, NO MORE FILLERS for Naruto and Bleach :buttrock:

i have been meaning to check out death note for a while now... i havent got around to it yet... and the rest i actually haven heard of... but i will check them out... Dragon Destiny sounds like it could be cool.

riderV3
04-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Reideen will be horrible horrible, probably one of the worst re-make robot anime...:thumbsdow
what a waste...It was an awesome show.

And there's no such thing as "waaay too much mecha", the reason you said that is because you never got the right one.

Juggernaut
04-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Do these shows have an american lisence?

Or do you guys get your anime from other places (download)?

riderV3
04-17-2007, 05:07 AM
Just finished first three episodes of the new released "GurrenLagann"...

Oh it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good, very well made and gotta LOVE the character and Mecha design.:buttrock:

Here's a link if you're interested in early 90's robot anime, this is definitely a new release with retro feeling in it, perfect blend.

http://www.gurren-lagann.net/mecha/index.html

TheJoker
04-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Just finished first three episodes of the new released "GurrenLagann"...

Oh it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good, very well made and gotta LOVE the character and Mecha design.:buttrock:

Here's a link if you're interested in early 90's robot anime, this is definitely a new release with retro feeling in it, perfect blend.

http://www.gurren-lagann.net/mecha/index.html

RiderV3 you seem like a big mech guy... i was never really into the big robots (more of a samurai and vampire guy or gunslinger ie trigun) except for the gundum series (wing and g) but maybe i will try this out.

riderV3
04-17-2007, 01:01 PM
RiderV3 you seem like a big mech guy... i was never really into the big robots (more of a samurai and vampire guy or gunslinger ie trigun) except for the gundum series (wing and g) but maybe i will try this out.

you have no idea, Joker :thumbs2:
giant robot is actually the vary reason that drove me to watch anime :buttrock:
here is a promotion art of GurrenLagann

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o243/acgwang/gurenlagan.jpg

GUNDAM is more of a realistic taste robot anime, which doesn't interest me that much...
but the plot and the entire story structure of 0079 is just unbeatable :thumbs2:
check it out when you get a chance. You won't regret it!!

TheJoker
04-17-2007, 03:51 PM
you have no idea, Joker :thumbs2:
giant robot is actually the vary reason that drove me to watch anime :buttrock:
here is a promotion art of GurrenLagann

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o243/acgwang/gurenlagan.jpg

GUNDAM is more of a realistic taste robot anime, which doesn't interest me that much...
but the plot and the entire story structure of 0079 is just unbeatable :thumbs2:
check it out when you get a chance. You won't regret it!!

i actually have watched it... it was good but i wasnt like wow (wing and G gundum got that wow factor from me)... ya know what i mean... i know this weird but does voltron count as mech.... i used to luv that show as a kid.... that is classic stuff....

I have the funamation chanel now and i see some mech shows that i actually want to watch... i do however like neogenesis evangelion (just picked up the full run of eps) but i dunno if that counts as mech either.

riderV3
04-17-2007, 05:18 PM
i actually have watched it... it was good but i wasnt like wow (wing and G gundum got that wow factor from me)... ya know what i mean... i know this weird but does voltron count as mech.... i used to luv that show as a kid.... that is classic stuff....

I have the funamation chanel now and i see some mech shows that i actually want to watch... i do however like neogenesis evangelion (just picked up the full run of eps) but i dunno if that counts as mech either.

If Gundam Wing can get the WOW from you means you really need to watch more robot stuff..
Gundam wing is actually one of the worst gundam show I've ever had...Gundam 0079, Z, ZZ, 0083 and other gundam are much better, gundam G is pretty decent though.
I LOATHE fancy looking gundam, hat's probably why Wing didn't do anything for me.

And if you want to revisit Voltorn, go for the original Japanese ver that's going to be released soon on DVD, English dubbed one is seriously a damn piece of sh!t if you excuse me.

This GurrenLagann too good.

Sskaaar
04-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Looks like Zambot 3

riderV3
04-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Looks like Zambot 3

Only the crescent on the head looks similar.

GurrenLagann has human facial feature while Zombot 3 has only a face plate.

moon_knight1971
04-17-2007, 06:36 PM
i have been meaning to check out death note for a while now... i havent got around to it yet... and the rest i actually haven heard of... but i will check them out... Dragon Destiny sounds like it could be cool.

That title caught my eye too. Any relations to Tenjho Tenge (I might have butchered the spelling)?

TheJoker
04-17-2007, 06:49 PM
That title caught my eye too. Any relations to Tenjho Tenge (I might have butchered the spelling)?

i dunno...

yeah man i looking for good versions on youtube... no luck of yet :banghead: but i might just bite the bullet and watch a crappy version of it:redface: .... RiderV seems to know more about this though.... hes your regular anime guru well the statue forum anime guru anyway

riderV3
04-17-2007, 07:07 PM
i dunno...

yeah man i looking for good versions on youtube... no luck of yet :banghead: but i might just bite the bullet and watch a crappy version of it:redface: .... RiderV seems to know more about this though.... hes your regular anime guru well the statue forum anime guru anyway

Just when did I become the guru...:laugh:

At any rate, Death Note is fairly popualr in Japan, it first appeared as manga then got anime treatment later due to high popularity.

The same artist who did the "Hikari no Go" series, Death Note also attracted vast amount of female audience, though I kinda know what Death Note is about but never interested on watching it.

It's about a note book from the god of Death and if you write a person's name on it, he/she will die. The whole story is based on someone who picked up the note book and blah blah blah...

But still, if you're interested, watch it and find out what makes this anime so ppopular.
BTW, Japanese is going to make a movie out of it if I'm not mistaken.

moon_knight1971
04-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah Car50n reccommended Death note already but can you give us some info on Dragon Destiny?

riderV3
04-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Yeah Car50n reccommended Death note already but can you give us some info on Dragon Destiny?

I personally don't watch Ikki Tousen or Tenjho Tenje...

One thing for sure is I enjoyed the character design a lot, but that's about it.
Not too crazy about hot girls fighting but the torn shirts is sure an eye candy.

I've read some original Tenjho Tenje mangas and there're quite a few volumes that contain adult material which is utterly redundant for the whole storyline...After that I pretty much lost my interest on this type of comics or anime.

So...sorry I couldn't help on this one.:(

P1X4R
04-18-2007, 09:04 AM
i'll probably watch some of these in 2 or 3 years time. :)

TheJoker
04-18-2007, 09:32 AM
i'll probably watch some of these in 2 or 3 years time. :)

:laugh:

Car50n
04-18-2007, 11:31 AM

it's a sequel to Ikki Tousen. the lords and general of ancient china(romance of the three kingdoms) are reborn into this generation and they are destined to repeat history...only in high school with tons of brawling and of course, tons of fan-service..panty shots galore. lots of torn school uniforms. so mind the kids while viewing.

as for Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann i started watching the first episode but decided to save it for another day. the biggest attraction for me was Gainax. they make quality shows whether they're mecha or not. and yes i have watched a lot of mecha, but the only ones that stand out, putting nostalgia aside (sorry voltron and gunbusters) were Neon Genesis(gainax again,) and gunsword. i'm probably forgetting another that i liked. Gundam never did it for me, i've seen the big ones, lots of the original, and endless waltz was pretty cool. but the deep space, sci-fi soaps never got me hooked.

ps. i'm not big on star trek or star wars either. so i guess it's the deep space thing.

Car50n
04-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Do these shows have an american lisence?

Or do you guys get your anime from other places (download)?

these shows are currently airing in Japan are fansubbed for download. most aren't licensed, but a couple have been.

chezzrok
02-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Claymore is a MUST-FOLLOW series!!!