PDA

View Full Version : Eternals versus New Gods

Tetragrammaton
04-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Marvel's Eternals (Zuras, Ikaris, Thena, Makkari, Sprite, Ajak, Sersi)

http://i15.tinypic.com/29fzeip.jpg

New Gods (Highfather, Orion, Mister Miracle, Big Barda, Forager, Lightray, Metron)

http://i18.tinypic.com/33ms74h.jpg

lord odin
04-18-2007, 12:19 PM
New gods because they know Batman.

Tetragrammaton
04-18-2007, 12:21 PM
:laugh:

True, but the Eternals know Thor.

lord odin
04-18-2007, 12:23 PM

True, but the Eternals know Thor.
True but Thor is on extended vacation.:)

Makkari1
04-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Jack Kirby created both The Eternals and the New Gods. I'm not sure who came first but I see no clear winner in this. I of course like the Eternals better but their are some interesting characters from the New Gods as well. If a fight broke out between the two it would be like Jack Kirby fighting Jack Kirby.:sly2:

twisterred
04-18-2007, 01:12 PM
The Uni-Mind reigns supreme!

HalJordanFan
04-18-2007, 01:14 PM
The New Gods would wipe the floor with them!

Makkari1
04-18-2007, 02:35 PM
New gods because they know Batman.

Eternals win because they were created by the Celestials so Batman can't trump that. :tounge: Besides I think the Uni-Mind is too much for the New Gods.

lord odin
04-18-2007, 03:52 PM
Eternals win because they were created by the Celestials so Batman can't trump that. :tounge: Besides I think the Uni-Mind is too much for the New Gods.
Batman knows the Spectre and has him on speed dial.:)

VaultMan
04-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Gotta go New Gods.

But if you listed Ransak the Reject with the Eternals, Tet, I mighta gone the Marvel route.

Babytoxie
04-18-2007, 07:13 PM
This is the only "versus" thread so far that I'd like to see on paper. This would be one crazy book.

If just the heroes (no Darkseid or Black Racer), then I'd still go with the New Gods. The Eternals are genetically-modified humans, or pre-humans, with a fairly limited spectrum of powers, while the NGs are... well... gods! Plus, during the Old Gods' version of "ragnarok", just a small bit of residual energy hit the Earth and created the Greek pantheon of the DC Universe. So the NG's are packing some awesome power.

VaultMan
04-18-2007, 07:30 PM
This is the only "versus" thread so far that I'd like to see on paper. This would be one crazy book.

If just the heroes (no Darkseid or Black Racer), then I'd still go with the New Gods. The Eternals are genetically-modified humans, or pre-humans, with a fairly limited spectrum of powers, while the NGs are... well... gods! Plus, during the Old Gods' version of "ragnarok", just a small bit of residual energy hit the Earth and created the Greek pantheon of the DC Universe. So the NG's are packing some awesome power.

A fun one might be the New Gods vs. The Asgardians! (or at least a handful of Asgardians) :buttrock:

Makkari1
04-19-2007, 12:41 PM

I'd have to go with the Eternals because even though they are modified humans, they were modified by the Celestials who are very uber. To me it would be like a race of Heralds for the Celestials. The powers of the Eternals are not limited by any stretch of the imagination. Zuras has stalemated the Marvel Zeus even after being struck down by the Celestials and holding the Uni-Mind together. Sersi is a molecular rearranger of the first order. Thena has but down Iron Man with one blow. Makkari is as fast as the Flash and dosen't get tired. Ikaris and Ajak are top fighters as well as Gilgamesh. Thanos, Mentor and Eros also are Eternals so I think they are also packing some serious power.

bat_collector
04-19-2007, 01:47 PM
new gods all the way

moon_knight1971
04-19-2007, 02:23 PM
THANOS!!!!!:)

Babytoxie
04-19-2007, 02:36 PM
I'd have to go with the Eternals because even though they are modified humans, they were modified by the Celestials who are very uber. To me it would be like a race of Heralds for the Celestials. The powers of the Eternals are not limited by any stretch of the imagination. Zuras has stalemated the Marvel Zeus even after being struck down by the Celestials and holding the Uni-Mind together. Sersi is a molecular rearranger of the first order. Thena has but down Iron Man with one blow. Makkari is as fast as the Flash and dosen't get tired. Ikaris and Ajak are top fighters as well as Gilgamesh. Thanos, Mentor and Eros also are Eternals so I think they are also packing some serious power.

You know, you're right. I forgot about Makkari's speed (you'd know, wouldn't you?:D ). Maybe I was thinking of Kirby's Silver Star, in which most of the characters have the same energy and molecular rearrangement powers - maybe i got that confused with Sersi's powers. And anyway, Metron is a douche and is always getting his @$$ handed to him. But hey, if we're bringing Thanos into it, then we have to include Darkseid and Black Racer with the New Gods, and then it's New Gods all the way baby!:buttrock:

Makkari1
04-19-2007, 02:56 PM
You know, you're right. I forgot about Makkari's speed (you'd know, wouldn't you?:D ). Maybe I was thinking of Kirby's Silver Star, in which most of the characters have the same energy and molecular rearrangement powers - maybe i got that confused with Sersi's powers. And anyway, Metron is a douche and is always getting his @$$ handed to him. But hey, if we're bringing Thanos into it, then we have to include Darkseid and Black Racer with the New Gods, and then it's New Gods all the way baby!:buttrock:

I'm only familar with a few of the New Gods and I'm not sure how many of them that there are. If you compare the populations of both New Genesis and Apocalypse and they will probably out number the Eternals and would win in any fight just through sheer numbers. But if we're just takling about the Main characters then I'd go with the Eternals. Plus I don't think the New Gods have an answer for the Uni-Mind which is enough to challenge any being short of a Celestial. I do know that most Eternals have left for deep space so there is only about a hundred or so left on Earth. I also heard that Hyperion is an Eternal just from a different dimension. Pretty tough to beat.

SirConor
04-19-2007, 04:07 PM
True but Thor is on extended vacation.:)

Not for long :buttrock:

I voted Eternals. I don't read DC, and I don't like the characters, so Marvel always wins for me :thumbs2:

VaultMan
04-19-2007, 04:21 PM

I voted Eternals. I don't read DC, and I don't like the characters, so Marvel always wins for me :thumbs2:

Not a completely bad perspective. :thumbs2:

Babytoxie
04-19-2007, 05:10 PM

You guys...:rolleyes2

HalJordanFan
04-19-2007, 09:10 PM

:puke2: Your opinion! :thumbs2:

bat_collector
04-19-2007, 09:21 PM

Oh my god, whatever!

Makkari1
04-20-2007, 10:39 AM
:puke2: Your opinion! :thumbs2:

Ditto:thumbs2: