PDA

View Full Version : Whats The status of Jean Grey now?

Garrett
04-20-2007, 01:19 PM
Last time I read the X-Men proper was issue 150 where Grant Morrisons SPOILER FOLLOWS.

He killed both Jean Grey off and Magneto. Now I see on the cover of issue 200 there someone with long red hair in the classic green Phoenix costume, has Jean come back or is this Rachel Summer.

bjread
04-20-2007, 02:03 PM
I know Jean isn't back yet...but I saw the cover and wondered the same thing...maybe they just put her on there because it's issue 200

Babytoxie
04-20-2007, 02:46 PM
"What's The status of Jean Grey now?"

Dead, no wait... alive. Aaaand, dead again. Alive. Dying, dyingggg....

Meta Jon
04-20-2007, 03:09 PM
"What's The status of Jean Grey now?"

Dead, no wait... alive. Aaaand, dead again. Alive. Dying, dyingggg....

:laugh:

Bartholomew
04-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Last time I read the X-Men proper was issue 150 where Grant Morrisons SPOILER FOLLOWS.

He killed both Jean Grey off and Magneto. Now I see on the cover of issue 200 there someone with long red hair in the classic green Phoenix costume, has Jean come back or is this Rachel Summer.

That's Jean alright on the cover, but it's a cover of almost everyone who has been an X-Man, so it doesn't mean she'll be in the issue.
Jean was last seen in the white hot room off to gather her missing pieces, so she technically isn't "dead" in the truest sense of the word.

I miss my favorite character...:( Hope she comes back soon.

Vince-Vell
04-20-2007, 04:38 PM

I wouldnt count on it with joe Q EIC, seems as tho hes killed off every character i ever liked. :bawling:

Not sure but wasnt she one of the characters he didnt like and wanted out of the MU? I know he listed a few he wasnt found of.

Bartholomew
04-20-2007, 04:41 PM
I wouldnt count on it with joe Q EIC, seems as tho hes killed off every character i ever liked. :bawling:

Not sure but wasnt she one of the characters he didnt like and wanted out of the MU? I know he listed a few he wasnt found of.

Not sure, I tend not to pay attention to what Joey says. A lot of it is just fluff anyhow. :)

Relic Reaper
04-20-2007, 04:47 PM
They're supposedly killing off one of the X-Men in or around #200 and in the current Astonishing storyline they've stated that one of the X-Men "won't be coming back" from their latest mission. I'm pretty sure that Cyke, Colossus, Kitty and Wolverine will all be around for X-Men #200 (check out the Bachalo variant cover), but I have a strong suspicion that they might bump off Emma (:mad: :banghead: ) and if they do that, it might open the door for Jean to come back.

Vince-Vell
04-20-2007, 04:52 PM
I thought the rumors was that beast was going to be the one whos killed off, at least what i read on some message boards.

SirConor
04-20-2007, 04:53 PM
The cover if X-men 200 is interesting indeed... I doubt Jean will be back in it, but I'd be happy if that was the case. If you look at the cover, Beast doesn't look "feline" anymore on it either, so maybe he'll be changing back shortly too.

Regarding the death of an X-Man, it just better not be Colossus. It would have been a cruel trick indeed to bring him back for a year or so, just to kill him again on the Breakworld.

Bartholomew
04-20-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm sick of this "death of an x-man" and "one x-man won't be coming back" crap

sigh

Vince-Vell
04-20-2007, 04:56 PM
New X-men is dealing with beast going back to the way he was, least what i sorta got from skimming thru it at my LCS this week.

Vince-Vell
04-20-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm sick of this "death of an x-man" and "one x-man won't be coming back" crap

sigh

Only one X-man i want coming back for good and thats Nate Grey, all the others can go suck a lemon! :thumbs2: :wink2:

Bartholomew
04-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Only one X-man i want coming back for good and thats Nate Grey, all the others can go suck a lemon! :thumbs2: :wink2:

lol. How about Jean and X-Man both come back and we'd both be happy?:buttrock:
No more pointless deaths!!

Vince-Vell
04-20-2007, 05:01 PM
lol. How about Jean and X-Man both come back and we'd both be happy?:buttrock:
No more pointless deaths!!

Ok you got a deal! :thumbs2: :buttrock:

Bartholomew
04-20-2007, 05:03 PM
Ok you got a deal! :thumbs2: :buttrock:

We should start a campaign. :D

Since X-Man is your favorite, have you conisdered customizing him from a premade statue? Because you have mad customizing skills. :buttrock:

marvelboi77
04-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah it's just a cover of everyone... Because Psylocke is in another reality with Exiles, so she is not in it.

Relic Reaper
04-20-2007, 05:08 PM
I thought the rumors was that beast was going to be the one whos killed off, at least what i read on some message boards.

Ah, I hadn't heard that. Maybe I'm just paranoid because Emma's one of my favorite characters and I want her to stick around.:confused2

Vince-Vell
04-20-2007, 07:00 PM
Since X-Man is your favorite, have you conisdered customizing him from a premade statue? Because you have mad customizing skills. :buttrock:

Already in the works! :thumbs2:

Garrett
04-20-2007, 07:08 PM
That's Jean alright on the cover, but it's a cover of almost everyone who has been an X-Man, so it doesn't mean she'll be in the issue.
Jean was last seen in the white hot room off to gather her missing pieces, so she technically isn't "dead" in the truest sense of the word.

Ditto, it pains me she been killed again. I was there at 137 and waited going on a decade for a return. I always looked as Jean and Scot as Mr & Mrs X-Men, and should be there as you expect Sue and Reed in the FF.

Garrett
04-20-2007, 07:09 PM
They're supposedly killing off one of the X-Men in or around #200 and in the current Astonishing storyline they've stated that one of the X-Men "won't be coming back" from their latest mission. I'm pretty sure that Cyke, Colossus, Kitty and Wolverine will all be around for X-Men #200 (check out the Bachalo variant cover), but I have a strong suspicion that they might bump off Emma (:mad: :banghead: ) and if they do that, it might open the door for Jean to come back.Good the slut:laugh: taking Scott from Jean.:thumbsdow

Psylocke
04-20-2007, 08:40 PM
If Emma dies,that might people wake up and remember Psylocke was always the x-hottie before mz silicone and bleach came along

bjread
04-20-2007, 08:56 PM
I can't believe everyone is buying this hype about an X-man dying. Does anyone NOT know the formula? Think Star-Trek. Who ALWAYS died. The guy who wasn't a main character. In AXM Armor is gone with them. She is wearing one of Kitty's suits. Even Wolverine calls her a X-man. SHE is going to die and not come back. I can't believe no one figured that out yet.

Vince-Vell
04-20-2007, 09:01 PM
I can't believe everyone is buying this hype about an X-man dying. Does anyone NOT know the formula? Think Star-Trek. Who ALWAYS died. The guy who wasn't a main character. In AXM Armor is gone with them. She is wearing one of Kitty's suits. Even Wolverine calls her a X-man. SHE is going to die and not come back. I can't believe no one figured that out yet.

HALF TRUTHS AND GORRILA DUST!!!! :confused:

Gangleri
04-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Jean will come back...she'll need a body with psychic abilities, to anchor her.
Who would she/you pick??
White Queen
Psylocke
Marvel Girl
A Sinister clone (ala M. Pryor - Goblin Queen)
Cyclops(has a link with her)
Prof. X
Other??

XSE
04-21-2007, 12:53 PM

This is what I decided to...they made a big point of Wolverine saying your an X-man now...so she is definitely gonna sacrafice herself some way to save them.

Now Uncanny is also calling for a death.... I can only assume that it will be Darwin or Warpath.... I know it is not Xavier...he has to face the Hulk this summer in WWH: X-Men....and I remember an interview somewhere saying that some artist was excited about getting to draw Nightcrawler this summer... I thought the X-Man left in space would be Rachel...but I am not so sure that it might not be Alex and Lorna....maybe they will stay with Corsair to fight the new evil Shi'ar empire

VaultMan
04-21-2007, 01:03 PM
How about this novel idea...

KILL A CHARACTER? LEAVE 'EM DEAD! Jean should have been dead from XMen #137 as far as I'm concerned.

Colossus should still be dead from the legacy virus.

Magick should still be dead because of...whatever it was... :)

I hope Thunderbird and Banshee stay in the earth.

Just a little consistency would be great.:thumbs2:

(Unless they somehow are omnipotent and has the power over life and death...)

Gangleri
04-21-2007, 02:25 PM

KILL A CHARACTER? LEAVE 'EM DEAD! Jean should have been dead from XMen #137 as far as I'm concerned.

I understand you frustration...but unlike Ironman's armour,Mar-Vell's Nega-bands or the speed force of Flash...Marvel's mutant population has a problem passing the torch. Characters like Rachel Summers or Cable work because of a solid backstory with existing characters...but if you kill of Colossus and replace him with another mutant with similar powers (Lifeguard??) or name (Thunderbird - again from Xtreme Xmen series), most times they don't last (Syrn replacing Banshee is one exception).

Let's face it it's eaiser to revise and revamp a character than create a new character from scratch....That's what made The All New, All Different X-men(and later books like New Mutants or X- Force) so special.

IMO Comics tend to build on existing idea's/characters...all the characters you mentioned died a Good Death .... but a good character will never stay dead for long. Maybe Marvel needs to do a X-Next book like they did with Spider-girl and Avengers (A-next).

Bartholomew
04-21-2007, 03:05 PM

How about not. They all have their fans, and I'm sure your're fans of certain characters that died too.

Would you have wanted Magneto to stay dead or Superman, or Captain America?

Add to that Storm, Psylocke, Reed Richards, and tons of characters that have "died" before.

VaultMan
04-21-2007, 03:11 PM
How about not. They all have their fans, and I'm sure your're fans of certain characters that died too.

Would you have wanted Magneto to stay dead or Superman, or Captain America?

Add to that Storm, Psylocke, Reed Richards, and tons of characters that have "died" before.

It depends. If the death was a good one, leave 'em dead. I was mortified when Bullseye killed Elektra...but it was a cool death. She should stayed that way. hawkeye getting killed in Dissasembled is another not so good death...so he oughtta be brought back (well, he is back actually).

This Cap thing is a swerve, I maintain. He's not really dead in the truest sense of storytelling.

Bartholomew
04-21-2007, 03:14 PM
It depends. If the death was a good one, leave 'em dead. I was mortified when Bullseye killed Elektra...but it was a cool death. She should stayed that way. hawkeye getting killed in Dissasembled is another not so good death...so he oughtta be brought back (well, he is back actually).

This Cap thing is a swerve, I maintain. He's not really dead in the truest sense of storytelling.

In terms of the story telling none of the characters I listed are ever dead in the truest sense given that they live in a world with healers, cosmic powers, resurrections, and healers. There's always a loop hole.

And whether a death is good or not is quite subjective. I'm sure there are many who would contend that Captain America's death was "good" because it had impact. That doesn't mean he shouldn't come back.

Same with other characters.

VaultMan
04-21-2007, 03:34 PM
In terms of the story telling none of the characters I listed are ever dead in the truest sense given that they live in a world with healers, cosmic powers, resurrections, and healers.

Thanks for that clarity. I wasnt sure about that. :laugh:

Teague
04-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Any character with the name Phoenix can never be counted out. Seriously. :thumbs2:

rychehitman
04-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Does anyone else remember the PHOENIX that appeared in the later issues of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY????

rilynil
04-22-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm dreading to see who Whedon kills off in Astonishing. I don't want to see any of them go, not even Armor. She's a really cool character with lots of potential.

VaultMan
04-22-2007, 07:06 PM
Any character with the name Phoenix can never be counted out. Seriously. :thumbs2:

Oh yeah? Baron Zemo had a son named The Phoenix and he NEVER came back! :laugh:

SirConor
04-22-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm dreading to see who Whedon kills off in Astonishing. I don't want to see any of them go, not even Armor. She's a really cool character with lots of potential.

Seriously? I'd rather see Jubilee back in the X-Men than have to have Armor or someone of similar calibre (X-23 would be the only thing worse) sticking around, and thats not a compliment for Jubilee. Seems to me her potential is "expendable and forgettable mutant on par with Sammy the Squid boy that will ultimately die a pointless death in an attempt to dramatize a story arc."

Ah these kiddo mutants are dime a dozen.

rilynil
04-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Seriously? I'd rather see Jubilee back in the X-Men than have to have Armor or someone of similar calibre (X-23 would be the only thing worse) sticking around, and thats not a compliment for Jubilee. Seems to me her potential is "expendable and forgettable mutant on par with Sammy the Squid boy that will ultimately die a pointless death in an attempt to dramatize a story arc."

Ah these kiddo mutants are dime a dozen.
I disagree. :) I see a lot more in these newer mutants than that. Writers such as Whedon, Kyle and Yost have been injecting quite a bit of personality into the younger mutants.

Teague
04-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Oh yeah? Baron Zemo had a son named The Phoenix and he NEVER came back! :laugh:

Not YET. :D

bjread
04-22-2007, 08:29 PM

Colossus...that back from the dead storyline is pretty good...especially considering the psyche that he now has.

Magik died from the Legacy Virus...she is still dead...the one they are bringing back isn't the same one...she is the one from the House of M reality. It's in an article and you can tell in the prologue in New X-men.

Thunderbird and Banshee don't have a big enough following really to bring back, IMO.

Teague
04-22-2007, 08:49 PM
Colossus...that back from the dead storyline is pretty good...especially considering the psyche that he now has.

Magik died from the Legacy Virus...she is still dead...the one they are bringing back isn't the same one...she is the one from the House of M reality. It's in an article and you can tell in the prologue in New X-men.

Thunderbird and Banshee don't have a big enough following really to bring back, IMO.

To follow the argument, though, Colossus' death wasn't a "good" one, so his return was made even easier. A good death story makes it tougher for that character to come back, since it cheapens that better-deserving story.

Justin
04-23-2007, 02:19 AM

agreed 100% mate, I'm afraid she is going to be the one to go though! :thumbsdow

Kdawg59
04-23-2007, 09:00 AM
I miss Jean!

:(

Devils Drifter
04-24-2007, 12:04 AM

I agree, my favorite character was Iron Fist back in the days and I thought that he had died a really good death in his series Power Man and Iron Fist.

Then John Bryne comes in and wrecks everything, he re-wrote the whole thing and it turned out that it wasn't even Iron Fist that died in the first place. It really pissed me off at the time, I was glad of having IF running around again but I hated the fact that they let Bryne take away the meaning of his death.

Also got to point out that although he didn't technically die I hate that Archangel is back to plain Angel. I really liked the charchter a lot and hated when they shed his metal wings and gave him secondary mutation crap. God I hate comics now.

- DD

risingstar
04-24-2007, 02:09 AM
The only Marvel character that stayed dead was Uncle Ben.

whd
04-24-2007, 11:39 AM
I agree, my favorite character was Iron Fist back in the days and I thought that he had died a really good death in his series Power Man and Iron Fist.

Then John Bryne comes in and wrecks everything, he re-wrote the whole thing and it turned out that it wasn't even Iron Fist that died in the first place. It really pissed me off at the time, I was glad of having IF running around again but I hated the fact that they let Bryne take away the meaning of his death.

Also got to point out that although he didn't technically die I hate that Archangel is back to plain Angel. I really liked the charchter a lot and hated when they shed his metal wings and gave him secondary mutation crap. God I hate comics now.

- DD
I totally disagree with you on the Iron Fist resurrection (love it), but I completely agree with you on the reversion to Angel (hate it). :)

rilynil
04-24-2007, 11:44 AM
I totally disagree with you on the Iron Fist resurrection (love it), but I completely agree with you on the reversion to Angel (hate it). :)
I go completely the other way on the Angel reversion. I never thought Angel should have metal wings and be so grim and deadly, so the return to his true form was a relief for me.

riderV3
04-24-2007, 11:53 AM

now that's a good one :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

lord odin
04-24-2007, 11:59 AM

Sorry he`s back too early next year you`ll see his story.:thumbsdow

Psylocke
04-24-2007, 09:00 PM
For Phoenix too come back,somone has to replace her in the white room right?

have a feeling Rachel will be replacing her mother in the future.Or maybe Emma.

risingstar
04-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Sorry he`s back too early next year you`ll see his story.:thumbsdow

Don't even joke around about that...

Bartholomew
04-25-2007, 12:45 AM
For Phoenix too come back,somone has to replace her in the white room right?

have a feeling Rachel will be replacing her mother in the future.Or maybe Emma.

No, no one has to replace her in the white hot room for her to comeback. Technically she's already back, she's just out gathering her missing pieces to become whole again.