PDA

View Full Version : One comic to pick up, one to drop

Crom
04-20-2007, 03:20 PM
What comic or series have you been considering picking up lately?

Maybe you have heard good things, you like the artist, or just the characters that are being used. Just tell us why you think it might be worth putting down $3.

What comic or series are you considering dropping?

Has the story gotten stale? change in artist/writer have you bummed or given you doubts?

It would be great if we could keep this to real, relatively thought-out reasons, rather than "It sux!" or "Marvel is run by Satan!" Perhaps you really think Marvel is run by Satan or that the comic sux, but what specifically has made this particular comic go down hill for you?

cblakey1
04-20-2007, 03:25 PM
How's this Neil?

Crom sux and Marvel is read by Crom.

:laugh:

mwf6171
04-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Would consider picking up JSA or I have been kicking around the idea of picking up Ant from Image.

Tetragrammaton
04-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Pick up: Marvel Adventures Iron Man - reason...well duh!

Drop: Heroes for Hire - reason, really don't see myself getting involved with the stories that much. It all seems rather pointless, which is a shame because I've long wanted to see more of the Daughters of the Dragon and the Black Cat in a team book. As it turns out, just not this team book.

Car50n
04-20-2007, 03:32 PM
i've dropped all the spidey books. i'll be picking up the nova/annihilation books. love that marvel cosmic stuff.

hawkeyethearcher
04-20-2007, 03:38 PM
i have dropped everything marvel and dc. iwill get tpb of some titles

i picked up g. i joe. just got it though so i have to track down all the back issues

Vince-Vell
04-20-2007, 03:43 PM
im down to JSA, JLA, Flash, 52 and waiting on annihilation:conquest.

only thing that sorta looked interested was this Madam Mirage i keep seeing posted everywhere. Figured i would try it to see if its any good.

Plus waaiting on Udon for more street fighter books.

Dropped Supergirl, WW and batman/Superman.

syzygy
04-20-2007, 04:47 PM
dropping: green lantern...the stories are just ho-hum

picking up: new universal...have heard good reviews, written by ellis!

LoD
04-20-2007, 05:02 PM
i have dropped everything marvel and dc

ditto. except for the short term will pick up tpb of planet hulk and then the monthly of WWH

marvelboi77
04-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Dropped Moon Knight
Picked up Black Panther for the last 3 issues.

lord odin
04-20-2007, 07:39 PM
I`ve dropped all marvel titles.

mwf6171
04-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Don't forget to pick up Jack Staff and Lone Ranger!! New Universal seems to be pretty cool too.

moon_knight1971
04-21-2007, 01:34 AM
Dropped all DC titles except Justice which is almost over. Pleasantly suprised with how good X-23's new mini series has been......

Wolverine1
04-21-2007, 03:57 AM
Im tryin the Thor book, it better be good after all this talk about Thor around here!

JDH
04-21-2007, 06:45 AM
At the minute, Marvel titles are so good, I'm trying new books left, right and centre. All the new team books, back on Hulk for World War Hulk, checking out Nova, new Thor obviously. I'm even thinking about hopping back on board the two traditional X-books for the upcoming event, though that madness might pass. Rilynil keeps making me think I should sample New X-Men, but then it looks like Magik is returning there and she was never a character I cared for, so I don't know...

I don't think there is a book I'm really considering dropping, though my time with Nova might just last as long as he is on Earth. Maybe Jack of Fables is closest to the axe - it's nowhere near the quality of Fables proper. Maybe Moon Knight too if the quality drops. I suppose I might drop Astonishing X-men too, depending on who the new creative team and new line-up (if any) are.

VaultMan
04-21-2007, 10:28 AM
i have dropped everything marvel and dc.

Ditto again.

VaultMan
04-21-2007, 10:28 AM
for the short term will pick up tpb of planet hulk and then the monthly of WWH

Ditto me again...

ant-man
04-21-2007, 11:02 AM
want to p/u: The Flash

any thoughts on this series? is it any good?

lord odin
04-21-2007, 11:44 AM

I stopped after the second issue.:thumbsdow

ABDGUY
04-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Picked up Lone Ranger..gave the boot to Moonknight

twisterred
04-22-2007, 01:38 AM
As a Marvel Zombie I grab most of their product with the exceptions of the more kid orientated materials. I had backed off from Marvel Adventures because of that fact but Jeb Wells wrote a few before moving on to Heros for Hire. I might look at the Marvel Adventure of the Avengers again. I did pick up the story where they all became MODAK's which was frick'n hilarious.

As for dropping, that would be a DC title like Detective probably or Nightwing. Detective is just not connecting for me since I have never been a Batman fan. Nightwing was great in the beginning but it's losing it's steam for me at the moment.

None of the books that I would drop sux or anything it's just that the characters are as interesting to me as they were 4 or 5 years ago. And the books that I will keep don't always knock it outta the park but they are familiar ground and I know the next great story arc is around the corner.

Teague
04-22-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm giving the boot to almost all my mainstream DC books, with the exception of JLA. I'm keeping (for now) Loveless, Jonah Hex, and a few others in that vein. I just have to cut back, and the obsession with huge convoluted events has finally gotten to me. At least Marvel's events are more down-to-earth.

Picking up? Nothing for now. Maybe the new Avengers books, WWHulk stuff. And a lot of Silver Age DC, when things were understandable and fun. :)

SD RUM
04-22-2007, 09:45 PM
The newest series I just picked up was New X-Men. I've been hearing some great things about this book. I wanted to get an idea of how the "future" X-Men are gonna be like. New characters and interesting histories to read and learn. I have been reading a lot of different Marvel titles lately. I might consider dropping Moon Knight, Ghost Rider and others just to save some money. I can just wait for the hardcovers to come out.

marvelboi77
04-22-2007, 09:47 PM
I just ordered New X-Men 37 it's the start of the Magic related mini series with Majik.

bat_collector
04-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Dropping almost all marvel books. after wasting tons of money on HoM and Civil War with their million tie ins and pointless one shots, and seeing Cap "die" (along with its tie ins and one shots) I'm not leting the hype machine persuade me again on WWH.

P/U hardly anythign. the budget is just too tight

TheJoker
04-24-2007, 10:54 AM
drop: Ultimate Spidey

Pick up: WWH

Primal
04-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Pick up: Marvel Adventures Iron Man - reason...well duh!

Isnt Marvel Adventures for the kiddies?

Vince-Vell
04-24-2007, 11:25 AM

Flash is starting to get a lot better now, turing into a CIA type of flash with bart. Seems the new writters are taking him into a kewl direction, plus i always liked Bart. If your still on the fence about it, wait for a TPB or for the boks to hit the dollar bins.

Crom
04-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Dropped Wonder Woman, duh. I would have kept up with it even without Heinberg so long as they kept the Dodsons on it.

Thinking about picking up Lone Ranger in TPB.

riderV3
04-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Dropping almost all marvel books. after wasting tons of money on HoM and Civil War with their million tie ins and pointless one shots, and seeing Cap "die" (along with its tie ins and one shots) I'm not leting the hype machine persuade me again on WWH.

P/U hardly anythign. the budget is just too tight

glad I didn't pick up any books about HOM and CW
I'm just never a fan about those " brother against brother " type of story
just hate this idea from every aspect :mad:

For now,
I'm seriously considering if I should continue getting the UFF TPB or not ... I got 1~4

the story is not that exciting, we usually have to listen to Reed talking about science stuff for about 4,5 issues straight, then we will "one" action issue... how balanced it is :stick:

all the "ultimate" villains are actually not that ultimate...
U Dr.doom , became a fifth line villain, use human zombie when he can't beat UFF face to face :thumbsdow
U Annihilus , leader of refugees. Doesn't look like he capable of doing anything. Just U Thing kicks his a$$ upside down... Where is his Cosmic Rod!!??

plus, Jae Lee's art in UFF TPB #4 totally freaked me out... This is the first time ever!! I hate someone's art styly so much, there is not much but blackness on every single pages.

probably will pick up WWH
when Hulk smashes, things can't go way wrong (hopefully...)
let's just hope it's not a " start strong!! End weak... " type of event,