PDA

View Full Version : 28 Days Later: Aftermath

bat_collector
04-23-2007, 11:27 AM
Hey guys, know I've been a rare site these days, but my life has been very busy. Not sure I'll be able to post that much still either. However, rest assured my life is currently going great and things are going very well for me.

I just started reading Fox Atomic's "28 Days Later: Aftermath." ITs a prequal to the first movie, showing the origins of the virus and some stories of survival in the intial weeks after the infection breaks out. Haven't finished it yet, but its also supposed to lead into the new movie, 28 Weeks Later.

Pretty cool, anybody else pick up this graphic novel?

twisterred
04-23-2007, 03:54 PM
I looked at it once or twice when I was in the shop the other day. I really enjoy the movie so I probably will at some point grab this but for the moment I am holding off. What do you think of it so far?

bat_collector
04-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Ok, finished it last night. I gotta say that this is NOT necessary reading for the sequal. Its more just stories that do seem to happen in the 28 days later world. I'm still trying to figure out what the "shocking revelation" that leads to 28 weeks later is.

But, if you liked the movie you may enjoy this. Not the greatest read ever, but I did enjoy it a lot. Steve Niles fans would probably love this, too. Pretty decent art, too.

Wolverine1
04-25-2007, 02:50 AM
Didnt they show the monkeys and stuff at the beginning of the first movie? Wasnt that how it started?

bat_collector
04-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Didnt they show the monkeys and stuff at the beginning of the first movie? Wasnt that how it started?

Yes, they flesh out the origins of the virus very nicely.:thumbs2:

Jackal726
04-25-2007, 10:16 AM
I enjoyed it, especially the Nat Jones drawn part. Could the "shocking revelation" be that they don't eat and end up starving? Or that they pick out normal folks by smell? Besides that I'm at a loss as to what it brought in the way of revelations.

bat_collector
04-25-2007, 11:19 AM
I enjoyed it, especially the Nat Jones drawn part. Could the "shocking revelation" be that they don't eat and end up starving? Or that they pick out normal folks by smell? Besides that I'm at a loss as to what it brought in the way of revelations.

jackal, good points. maybe that's the "shocking revelations", but I think they hinted at your first one theory in the movie. The second definately isn't bruoght up though.

Wolverine1
04-26-2007, 03:18 AM
Yes, they flesh out the origins of the virus very nicely.:thumbs2:
Cool, I need to pick up the book then....

bat_collector
04-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Cool, I need to pick up the book then....

yeah, and tell me what you think