PDA

View Full Version : Batcave - How the deuce did he do it?

protector2814
04-24-2007, 09:52 AM
:confused: Has a Batman book or mini-series ever been devoted to the logistical nightmare the outfitting and construction (support, shoring-up, expanding, cleaning, powering, secret-door making, welding, etc...) of the batcave must have caused?
How did Bruce do it? We're talking tons of bat-boop to clear out, tens of tons of hardware, batboats, equipment, super-computers, police equipment, nuclear reactors, machines, to have delivered, somehow. How long did it take?
I realize that as a billionaire, he has clout, but you'd still hear or see trucks headin' up the ol' driveway.
Has a writer ever tackled this subject and if so, when and what issues?

lord odin
04-24-2007, 09:55 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Ultimate-Guide-Dark-Knight/dp/078947865X

Babytoxie
04-24-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure if this upcoming book specifically tackles the subject, but:

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic_novels/?gn=7616

Also, DC is releasing a reprint of a pre-Crisis Batman guide sometime next month. I can't recall the title.

VaultMan
04-24-2007, 11:59 AM
I just wanna know how he got that big @ss penny down there.

protector2814
04-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Thanks, Lord Odin for the Ultimate Guide tip. I'll check out the Batcave section. Has the comic ever tackled the logistics? I remember in Miller's Batman,Year One, the making of the 1st costume was explained and I remember enjoying the tidbit. However, I've yet to see a storyline which explains the logistics behind the cave. The most recent film tackled the secret entrance from the house well; smuggler's secret doors. But the actual comics? Not that I can remember, at least not in depth. Alfred and a few others "in the know" would not explain it all.

wktf
04-24-2007, 12:37 PM
I own that Ultimate Guide book and I don't believe it gets into the logistics of how Batman created the Batcave. It gives a guide to what's in the Batcave but doesn't go beyond that. I've often wondered how he could get all that heavy equipment, not to mention any girders to shore up the walls, etc., without attracting notice. A storyline that has the creation of the batcave as a backdrop to the story would be very, very cool.

lord odin
04-24-2007, 01:01 PM
All I remember is there was a tunnel or something and that was how he brought somethings down.

Babytoxie
04-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Also, DC is releasing a reprint of a pre-Crisis Batman guide sometime next month. I can't recall the title.

Aha, here it is:

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=7135

There are volumes for Superman and Wonder Woman on the way, as well.

thecallahan
04-24-2007, 03:41 PM
Well for moving the heavy equipment in there I'm sure Supes has helped on occasion. Speaking of the batcave, I know Superman knows where it is and know's who Batman is. Anyone else know the Bats secret? WW?

CessnaDriver
04-24-2007, 04:24 PM
How did he do it?

Pure obsession and will of a billionaire obsessed with vengeance.

Money ceases to be money after a certain point and becomes an engine.

Plenty of ways to cover the story with "renovations" some legit workers could be doing for appearance. Leaving heavy equipment about. Waynes own secret work could go on relatively unnoticed.

Look at that Coral Castle guy that built that huge place. Nobody ever saw him working. Yet he moved blocks of coral that weighed TONS. And he was far from rich.

Plus Wayne had Alfred. A force multiplier in ways beyond muscle.

Babytoxie
04-24-2007, 04:53 PM
I think Bruce Wayne killed all the contractors once the job was done. They're buried on the estate.

wktf
04-24-2007, 05:05 PM
Well for moving the heavy equipment in there I'm sure Supes has helped on occasion. Speaking of the batcave, I know Superman knows where it is and know's who Batman is. Anyone else know the Bats secret? WW?

Black Lightning's been in the Batcave recently with Batman in JLA.

Ink
04-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Black Lightning's been in the Batcave recently with Batman in JLA.

doesn't the members of the JLA know each others identity?

protector2814
04-24-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm pretty certain that the Batcave was there even before Batman joined the JLA or met any other heroes. I remember from reading reprints of the 1st couple issues of Detective, or at least the 1st one, that he just used to change in his apartment (this was before Wayne Manor was even established)
Its logical and makes perfect sense that Superman or some other heavy-hitter helped move things, but I think the Batcave was well established before Bats could have asked for help. A "renovation" could make sense but it would have to be one giant renovation. Alfred's a man with many talents but not even he can reasemble nuclear reactors. Think about everything he has down there. The guy can whip up plexiglass memorial cases like they're shirt-boxes. Sorry, anyway you stack it this is a big flaw in the Dark Knight's mythos. It would take every waking moment to outfit that cave plus he also has a corporation to run (which is a whole other issue). OR a 12 issue mini-series.

Wolverine1
04-25-2007, 02:42 AM
Id like to see how, could be interesting....

lord odin
04-25-2007, 09:36 AM
There are so many people good and bad that know Bruce is Batman.
Ra`s al ghul,Bane,Talia,members of th JLA,teen titans the list goes on and on.
Even commisioner Gordon and Joker may know.