PDA

View Full Version : PAINTING CLEAR OR COLORED RESIN

moon_knight1971
04-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Need some advice from the paint masters! I have a few kits that have either colored or clear resin parts. Do they get primered like regular resin? Do you have to buy a special type of primer for clear or colored resin? Do you go over the colored resin with transparents? What exactly is the technique for clear or colored resin parts? Thanks in advance.....

fenix v.2.0
04-26-2007, 02:15 AM
While we're at it; is a 18/0 brush smaller/larger/equal to a 00?

Danno
04-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Need some advice from the paint masters! I have a few kits that have either colored or clear resin parts. Do they get primered like regular resin? Do you have to buy a special type of primer for clear or colored resin? Do you go over the colored resin with transparents? What exactly is the technique for clear or colored resin parts? Thanks in advance.....

Hey MK,

When painting clear resin (and you want it to maintain a translucent or semi-translucent feel), prime the piece with Testors Dullcote. This will fog your clear resin parts, but once the sheen from the transparent paints is applied over, the fog will fade away. You can still paint opaque paints over it too, it just depends on the effect you are going for.

With regards to colored resin, I just treat that like any other resin. Just prime and paint away.

While we're at it; is a 18/0 brush smaller/larger/equal to a 00?

Hey Fenix,
The 18/0 is thinner than a 00

moon_knight1971
04-26-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks Danno! Experimenting this weekend!:)