PDA

View Full Version : The Avengers need a Tall Man!

Batwing
04-26-2007, 12:38 AM
OK, here's the situation.

Hank Pym apparently died in the comics recently.
No YJ, no Goliath, no Giant-man.

Bill Foster also died.
No Black Goliath.

As a Founder, the "Tall Powerhouse" role that Hank Pym created has been iconically crucial in the Avengers. Even Clint Barton took on this role. And the Wasp, to some extent, though very temporary. And Bill Foster, although he was never an Avenger.

The Avengers have gone through changes--some not so positive. So I figured, why not something that an Avengers fan may appreciate.

And an idea came to me...

Luke Cage IS the NEW Black Goliath.

With steel-hard skin and incredible strength to begin with, wouldn't a Pym particle enhanced Cage be taking power levels to new heights (sorry, couldn't resist!).

Luke Cage is already a well established and loved superhero, but I'm putting forward an idea here. Any Avengers fans have any thoughts on this?

whd
04-26-2007, 12:40 AM
I'd rather he went back to calling himself Power Man than taking name of a less popular character.

Tetragrammaton
04-26-2007, 12:50 AM
Pym is dead?

metfan923
04-26-2007, 01:29 AM
Pym is dead?

i was going to ask the same question...

hawkeyethearcher
04-26-2007, 02:55 AM
Pym is dead?

unless something happened since mighty avengers #2 pym isnt dead

Wolverine1
04-26-2007, 03:13 AM
Nah, Cage is Cage period. No need for tallness....

Tetragrammaton
04-26-2007, 03:24 AM
How about the Green Goliath!

Doctor Pym
04-26-2007, 04:26 AM
SPOILERS BELOW....

It's in an upcoming, sneaked issue of The Initiative... Pym (as Giant-Yellowjacket) is whaling the tar out of a Hydra Terror Carrier, and saying something like, "THIS is what they'll think of from now on when they think of me... trashing the bad guys in the defense of the leader of the free world!" (Yes, folks, he dies protecting George W. Bush!!!) His fellow Initiates are howling, "Pym, you're clear!" "What the Hell is he waiting for?"

A martyr's death, Quesada style, apparently... YJ rides the ship into the sunset, and BOOM!

The inset at the bottom says, "We are assembled here to remember Henry Pym... adventurer, scientist, humanitarian..."

Yeah, I know... no corpse, no death. But my guess is, since YJ has been the Avengers' whipping boy for decades (never mind Quicksilver trying to kill the whole damn team, the Vision defecting to Ultron I don't know how many times, or how many Avengers Iron Man and Thor offed on various occasions, Wanda wigging out, etc.), there may be another Goliath or YJ eventually, but it probably won't be Hank.

Oh, well... there's always "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" Vol. 3, and Classic Avengers...

Meanwhile, I agree with Batwing that the Avengers need a tall guy. It just better as Hell not be Atlas.

Batwing
04-26-2007, 04:34 AM
Nah, Cage is Cage period. No need for tallness....

I'd rather he went back to calling himself Power Man than taking name of a less popular character.

Well, Hawkeye is Hawkeye and he eventually went back to being Hawkeye but he was also Goliath when the Avengers needed it. Just sayin.'

I've always liked Luke Cage, Power Man--it's just the concept of how immensely powerful Luke Cage could be at Goliath proportions. Hank Pym and Clint Barton are normal humans--so imagine Luke Cage after the Pym Particle treatment!!!

JDH
04-26-2007, 05:36 AM
The text actually reads 'we are here today to honour Dr Henry Pym', not remember. (Well, it actually says 'honor', but that's not important...) Someone on Newsarama posted how the line at the bottom read more like an awards ceremony than a eulogy. I don't expect Hank to die.

Immovable Blob
04-26-2007, 06:50 AM
I do not see the need for a giant character in Avengers, looks good visually but when you already have superstrong near invulnerable members what is the point. I think the team misses Hank's genious more than his size.

twisterred
04-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Atlas might be a good fit into the Avengers now.

wktf
04-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Atlas might be a good fit into the Avengers now.

As Pym himself once said early on when he first resigned from the Avengers, being tall in and of itself isn't that great a power. Atlas super strength (though he's been taken down by Wonder Man before who's already on the team, and they have [yawn] Sentry) would make him more interesting.

MiamiLoco
04-26-2007, 01:04 PM
A Tall Man? Really?? I don't think he would fit in very well:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c259/DeimoSpherE/PhoboSpherE/Phantasm-TheTallMan.jpg

rilynil
04-26-2007, 03:00 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/nadams65/INitiative02_Pym.jpg

Leon
04-26-2007, 03:00 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q265/rychehitman/INitiative02_Pym.jpg

Leon
04-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Neil! dude! we posted it at the same time :thumbs2:

rilynil
04-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Neil! dude! we posted it at the same time :thumbs2:
Well, that just confirms that great minds think alike! :buttrock:
:laugh:

Doctor Pym
04-27-2007, 12:34 AM
As Pym himself once said early on when he first resigned from the Avengers, being tall in and of itself isn't that great a power. Atlas super strength (though he's been taken down by Wonder Man before who's already on the team, and they have [yawn] Sentry) would make him more interesting.
As far as I know, ALL the Giant-Man / Goliath characters have had super-strength. As Goliath, Pym could hold his own (at least, for a while) in a slugfest with Hercules, and when Barton became Goliath, his strength tested out at Hercules levels, too.

Batwing
04-27-2007, 01:51 AM
As far as I know, ALL the Giant-Man / Goliath characters have had super-strength. As Goliath, Pym could hold his own (at least, for a while) in a slugfest with Hercules, and when Barton became Goliath, his strength tested out at Hercules levels, too.

That would suggest that Luke Cage at Goliath size would have more than Hulk level strength!!!

rychehitman
04-27-2007, 01:58 AM
Luke Cage is Luke Cage! No need to make him grow,

Atlas could be interesting with his ties to Wonderman

Doctor Pym
04-27-2007, 08:21 AM
That would suggest that Luke Cage at Goliath size would have more than Hulk level strength!!!
It would be worth having Cage pull a stint as Goliath, just to see him kick some Atlass (in revenge for Josten's pitching him three miles out to sea.)

JDH
04-27-2007, 08:25 AM
But do you really want to see a shirtless Goliath?

Tetragrammaton
04-27-2007, 10:54 AM

I've never seen Giant-Man or any of the various other incarnations of the character possessing anywhere near Hercules' level of strength.

As for Cage becoming the new Goliath (I think we can leave out the Black part of the name), it might be interesting. After all, Atlas went from being called Power Man to Goliath.

JDH
04-27-2007, 11:03 AM
One other thought - isn't Jan Giant-Woman in that kiddie friendly Avengers title? Maybe they might consider making her a 50 Foot Woman as readers start to graduate to the proper Avengers books.

Crom
04-27-2007, 11:03 AM
I realize it could just be nothing, but I find it interesting that Yellowjacket refers to himself in the third person when he is hanging onto that ship. "This is how they will remember you..."

I wonder if this is another clone? Like Thor perhaps?

Long shot, I know.

Tetragrammaton
04-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Well, Pym's personality is a little fractured which may explain the referring to himself in the third person.

I'll wait for the issue to come out before getting too excited, somehow I doubt he really dies.

imthkman
04-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Well, Pym's personality is a little fractured which may explain the referring to himself in the third person.

I'll wait for the issue to come out before getting too excited, somehow I doubt he really dies.

I hope he isn't really dead. That's just suicide from the way I read it. If he is, Marvel is soooo lame. Oh, and I've heard several professional atheletes (Koby comes to mind) that refer to themselves in 3rd person from time to time. Probably just an over-inflated ego thing. :)

twisterred
04-27-2007, 01:33 PM
In the Dissassembled arc and before couldn't Jan grow large as well as small? That would take it in a entirely new direction (for Marvel but not DC).

Makkari1
04-27-2007, 02:33 PM

Bill Foster also died.
No Black Goliath.

As a Founder, the "Tall Powerhouse" role that Hank Pym created has been iconically crucial in the Avengers. Even Clint Barton took on this role. And the Wasp, to some extent, though very temporary. And Bill Foster, although he was never an Avenger.

The Avengers have gone through changes--some not so positive. So I figured, why not something that an Avengers fan may appreciate.

With steel-hard skin and incredible strength to begin with, wouldn't a Pym particle enhanced Cage be taking power levels to new heights (sorry, couldn't resist!).

Luke Cage is already a well established and loved superhero, but I'm putting forward an idea here. Any Avengers fans have any thoughts on this?

When did Pym die? He was in The Eternals recently and was in giant form standing next to the Celestial

JDH
04-27-2007, 04:40 PM
I realize it could just be nothing, but I find it interesting that Yellowjacket refers to himself in the third person when he is hanging onto that ship. "This is how they will remember you..."

I wonder if this is another clone? Like Thor perhaps?

Long shot, I know.

I think that's a whimsical reflection to himself, kind of fitting to the character (who is more than just a wife-beating nutjob. Says so right there on his business card: 'Dr Henry 'Hank' Pym - scientist, adventurer, more than just a wife-beating nutjob')

But I still say he doesn't die. No way, no how. He gets an award for outstanding achievement in the field of superheroics, right there on the next page.

VaultMan
04-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Bah!

That sinks it. If Pym dies, consider me gone.:thumbsdow

At least until WWH. :laugh:

VaultMan
04-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Actually you know what they REALLLLLY need?

Cap.

The true golden avenger, Iron Man.

The VISION (the real one!)

Thor.

and sprinkle in anyone else you want.

Oh they also need the real ULTRON back (though maybe this current story will turn out good, who knows).

rilynil
04-27-2007, 05:51 PM
Actually you know what they REALLLLLY need?
Cap.
The true golden avenger, Iron Man.
****The VISION (the real one!)****
Thor.
You got that right, VM! I like the Young Avengers Vision, but they NEVER should have killed off the original. :banghead:

Batwing
04-27-2007, 09:18 PM
The real nutcases are the Marvel editors who approve some of these stories and characterisation--yes, Marvel superheroes are flawed and therefore interesting but come on!

Hank Pym IS a hero, true and true.

As a Founding Member of the Avengers, he has often not been accorded respect. Wife beater?! What a crock....

rilynil
04-27-2007, 09:21 PM

As a Founding Member of the Avengers, he has often not been accorded respect. ***Wife beater?!**** What a crock....
When was this? Dang, I'll have to add this into my list of character screwups such as Black Cat/rape victim, Mysterio/sexual abuse victim and She-Hulk/big ho categories.

VaultMan
04-27-2007, 09:33 PM
The real nutcases are the Marvel editors who approve some of these stories and characterisation--yes, Marvel superheroes are flawed and therefore interesting but come on!

As a Founding Member of the Avengers, he has often not been accorded respect. Wife beater?! What a crock....

I buy the Hank Pym storyline from years back... He didn't forget how to be a hero, he just became unhinged from too much pressure, too many costume changes, and too many Pym particles. He's still a hero in my book (even though the dummy sided with Tony in the war :banghead:)

He's still a favorite of mine, and an immortal in the Avengers HOF.

twisterred
04-27-2007, 11:46 PM
Micromax would fit the bill and he's already work'n for the government on loan.

Doctor Pym
04-28-2007, 12:02 AM
I've never seen Giant-Man or any of the various other incarnations of the character possessing anywhere near Hercules' level of strength.
In the "Galactic Storm" series, when Pym re-supplied a pissed-off Hawkeye with Pym Particles and Clint resumed the Goliath II identity, Clint-as-Goliath specifically mentioned to Cap that he'd just tested out at Hercules-strength levels.

Pym as Goliath fought Hercules at least once (I haven't gone back to check the issue number), and while Hercules ended up decking him, it took awhile, and even Herc admitted that "this giant" had lasted far longer against him than he would have expected: though it was as much due to stamina and valor as strength.

Tetragrammaton
04-28-2007, 01:08 AM
and I stand by my previous statement.

Giant-Man (Goliath or Yellowjacket) simply isn't that strong.

In the "Galactic Storm" series, when Pym re-supplied a pissed-off Hawkeye with Pym Particles and Clint resumed the Goliath II identity, Clint-as-Goliath specifically mentioned to Cap that he'd just tested out at Hercules-strength levels.

http://i19.tinypic.com/4d1tu1l.jpg

Clint had been taken off a critical assignment by Cap because it was felt he didn't have enough power as Hawkeye. It isn't difficult to believe that he was exaggerating the results of his tests especially if he was stronger now than during his previous period as Goliath.

Pym as Goliath fought Hercules at least once (I haven't gone back to check the issue number), and while Hercules ended up decking him, it took awhile, and even Herc admitted that "this giant" had lasted far longer against him than he would have expected: though it was as much due to stamina and valor as strength.

http://i19.tinypic.com/486bl1y.jpg

Even by your own admission, Goliath never matched Hercules in terms of strength during this fight. The only Goliath who ever was in the same strength class as Hercules was Eric Josten currently Atlas of the Thunderbolts. In addition to his giant-size he also possessed ionic strength similar to Wonder Man. Later during the WCA days, when Clint Barton as Goliath fought Josten, he simply did not equal him in strength even at the same giant size.

The Handbooks (while not 100% reliable in all cases) have been fairly consistant when it has come to Pym's strength level.

http://i13.tinypic.com/4500zfd.jpghttp://i16.tinypic.com/4cttqib.jpg

Given what I've seen of Giant-Man in the books, I find these numbers reasonable.

That having been said, there should be a difference between two characters of the same strength but of significantly diffferent sizes. As a giant, Pym should more durable and be able to absorb far more damage during combat. It it also interesting that currently his stated maximum size is 300', but they only list his strength up to 100'.

Doctor Pym
04-28-2007, 01:42 AM
The Handbooks (while not 100% reliable in all cases) have been fairly consistant when it has come to Pym's strength level.
This brings us to the interesting question of what is 'canon' when handbooks contradict what happens in the comics panel, or (in the case of Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.), what's onscreen. My inclination is usually to go with what actually happens in the stories.

Clint had been taken off a critical assignment by Cap because it was felt he didn't have enough power as Hawkeye. It isn't difficult to believe that he was exaggerating the results of his tests especially if he was stronger now than during his previous period as Goliath.

It isn't difficult to believe he's telling the truth, either. Cap normally pays very close attention to what each member of his team is capable of doing, and I doubt Barton would dare try to B.S. him about what a Goliath is capable of. Cap accepted the statement as factual, apparently based on what he knew of past Pym Particle-fortified performance.

Even by your own admission, Goliath never matched Hercules in terms of strength during this fight.
True. But given that he was able to knock Herc off his feet, he can't be that far away. Think Rocky Balboa to the first movie's Apollo Creed.

I suppose one could argue that a giant's ability to topple Hercules has as much to do with leverage as it does with raw strength, though... two Yellow-Crested Titans handily disposed of Hercules altogether, but I don't think we're supposed to assume they were actually stronger than he was.

You do have a point, too, about the Erik Josten Goliath. He cleaned Hercules' clock, and I was thinking of that, as well... but the Josten Goliath did have ionic power backing up his physical strength (though what that actually means in terms of comic book physics is anyone's guess.)

Roguewarrior
04-28-2007, 01:47 AM

Bill Foster also died.
No Black Goliath.

Pym did not die I think it was Blk Goliath that you were thinking of. He is just been busy with Tony, Reed and the others. But I like the Idea of Luke cage with growth powers. Pym had only normal strength and was pretty tough as 'high-pockets' imagine adding super strenth and invulnerable skin to the mix. That would be enough to make even Annihilus to run back to the Negative Zone. :thumbs2:

Roguewarrior
04-28-2007, 01:51 AM
You do have a point, too, about the Erik Josten Goliath. He cleaned Hercules' clock, and I was thinking of that, as well... but the Josten Goliath did have ionic power backing up his physical strength (though what that actually means in terms of comic book physics is anyone's guess.)

I have always thought that Thunderbolt's Josten was a more accurate version of the strength level for a giant then Hank Pym in Avengers. A 40 or 50 foot man should be pretty tough (laws of physics not withstanding).

I liked Hank in the resent Earths Greatest Heroes II run, where he took out all those androids. That was some power.

Tetragrammaton
04-28-2007, 01:55 AM
There's also one more advantage/disadvantage that goes beyond just strength for Goliath (well. any giant-sized character).

While comics have touched on it a little, they never really put much attention to the massive increase in weight of these characters. Part of the reason these guys have maximum sizes they can assume has to do with the fact that their weight is dependant on their new volumes.

At 6 feet, Hank weighs 185 lbs.

At 12 feet (or twice his height), Hank now weighs 1,480 lbs (or eight times his original weight). His strength however, is only four times what it was at 6 feet. While I don't expect comics to follow physics accuractely, this is basicly the laws that govern mass of objects.

So therefore at 100', Hank is said to be able to lift (press) 50 tons, but he's already supporting his new weight of 390 tons (!) because he is 17 times his original height. So his most powerful attack then wouldn't be a punch, but he can stomp or body-slam even the strongest of Marvel characters.

At his new maximum of 300', he'd weigh 10,500 tons or as much as a pre-World War I battleship.

Wolverine1
04-28-2007, 02:58 AM
Bah, freaking wife beater :stick:

Doctor Pym
04-28-2007, 03:04 AM
There's also one more advantage/disadvantage that goes beyond just strength for Goliath (well. any giant-sized character). While comics have touched on it a little, they never really put much attention to the massive increase in weight of these characters.

So therefore at 100', Hank is said to be able to lift (press) 50 tons, but he's already supporting his new weight of 390 tons (!) because he is 17 times his original height. So his most powerful attack then wouldn't be a punch, but he can stomp or body-slam even the strongest of Marvel characters.
That's a good point.
But it can't ALL be weight / mass, either.

I'm not sure how many times Pym pounded the Hulk (and vice versa), but I do remember a Hulk annual a few years back in which Jade Jaws was trying to show off to impress the She-Hulk, and Pym as Goliath waded into him. I recall Goliath as being under 20 feet in that encounter, and he still took on Marvel's strongest character.

If Goliath were no more powerful than the Handbook says he is (at that height), fighting the Hulk would have been suicide. It's not like he has Pietro's (or even Spider-Man's) speed to save him.

This is another reason I would speculate that Goliath (at least sometimes) is not far from Hercules in strength.

Notice, though, that this whole debate started over the question of whether "tallness" is Goliath's only power. Even the Handbook admits it isn't. Giant-Man / Goliath has always had super-strength... the only thing in question is just how much.

Doctor Pym
04-28-2007, 03:06 AM
Bah, freaking wife beater :stick:
Says the guy whose favorite character has sliced / skewered any number of his friends and teammates, including Vindicator and Spider-Man.

Whoops, they're not girls... I guess it doesn't count.

rilynil
04-28-2007, 03:07 AM
In what comics was Pym shown to be a wife beater? I'm sure I'll hate it, but I'd like to read it.

Wolverine1
04-28-2007, 03:09 AM
Says the guy whose favorite character has sliced / skewered any number of his friends and teammates, including Vindicator and Spider-Man.

Whoops, they're not girls... I guess it doesn't count.
So, beating a wife is cool?? Cant compare slicin and fighting among heroes to wife beatin....

Doctor Pym
04-28-2007, 03:56 AM
So, beating a wife is cool?? Cant compare slicin and fighting among heroes to wife beatin....
Neither one of them is cool.
Sucker-punching (or sucker-slicing) a friend/ally sucks, whether the ally has a Y chromosome or not.

hawkeyethearcher
04-28-2007, 05:28 AM
In what comics was Pym shown to be a wife beater? I'm sure I'll hate it, but I'd like to read it.

for the most part read around avengers 213. pym is a real a-hole at this point and janet has a black eye. 213 is when he is thrown out of the avengers. he has always had an inferiority complex add in the size changing causing strain on his nervous system and then he goes overboard into wackko land after he inhales fumes in an accident in his lab.

pym is a great character to follow and if you read his early stuff on through you really get to know him. probably the most character development you will ever find in a comic.

Wolverine1
04-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Neither one of them is cool.
Sucker-punching (or sucker-slicing) a friend/ally sucks, whether the ally has a Y chromosome or not.
No suckering, they deserve it, poor Jan doesnt....

Wolverine1
04-28-2007, 07:59 AM
RUN 50 FOOT Woman, Pyms coming for you! http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/8f/Giant_Women_3.jpg/200px-Giant_Women_3.jpg

:stick:

VaultMan
04-28-2007, 09:40 AM
There's also one more advantage/disadvantage that goes beyond just strength for Goliath (well. any giant-sized character).

While comics have touched on it a little, they never really put much attention to the massive increase in weight of these characters. Part of the reason these guys have maximum sizes they can assume has to do with the fact that their weight is dependant on their new volumes.

At 6 feet, Hank weighs 185 lbs.

At 12 feet (or twice his height), Hank now weighs 1,480 lbs (or eight times his original weight). His strength however, is only four times what it was at 6 feet. While I don't expect comics to follow physics accuractely, this is basicly the laws that govern mass of objects.

At his new maximum of 300', he'd weigh 10,500 tons or as much as a pre-World War I battleship.

This is a really cool breakdown of Hank Pym's ability. Its a wonder he doesnt fall through the street weighing that much. :)

Doctor Pym
04-28-2007, 09:48 AM
No suckering, they deserve it, poor Jan doesnt....
I don't know what you're reading, but you might want to read more comics with Wolverine in them.
Three examples out of dozens...

Wolverine tried to take Nightcrawler's head off...literally... for kissing Mariko under the mistletoe. Logan ripped all three claws through the space where Nightcrawler had been an instant before he bamf'ed. If Kurt hadn't teleported in time, he'd be DEAD. Did Kurt deserve it?

Wolverine tried to steal Mary Jane, then buried three adamantium claws in Spider-Man's gut because Pete called him on it.
Did Pete deserve it?

Guardian went to check on Wolverine after a training exercise, but Wolvie was having a bad "berserker rage" day, and put three claws in Hudson's gut and out his back.
Did Mac deserve it?

You haven't got an (adamantium-reinforced) leg to stand on.

Tetragrammaton
04-28-2007, 10:16 AM
This is a really cool breakdown of Hank Pym's ability. Its a wonder he doesnt fall through the street weighing that much. :)

Well, all of this assumes his density stays the same. It may not. It's easy to forget that all that extra mass is coming from the microverse; extra-dimensionally drawn in by the Pym Particles.

Given how quickly his weight increases, you can see why he normally fought at 12-25 feet in height.

rilynil
04-28-2007, 11:21 AM
for the most part read around avengers 213. pym is a real a-hole at this point and janet has a black eye. 213 is when he is thrown out of the avengers. he has always had an inferiority complex add in the size changing causing strain on his nervous system and then he goes overboard into wackko land after he inhales fumes in an accident in his lab.
Thanks, hawkeye! I've got the Avengers run on DVD so I'll be sure to look that up. :)

Wolverine1
04-30-2007, 04:26 AM
I don't know what you're reading, but you might want to read more comics with Wolverine in them.
Three examples out of dozens...

Wolverine tried to take Nightcrawler's head off...literally... for kissing Mariko under the mistletoe. Logan ripped all three claws through the space where Nightcrawler had been an instant before he bamf'ed. If Kurt hadn't teleported in time, he'd be DEAD. Did Kurt deserve it?

Wolverine tried to steal Mary Jane, then buried three adamantium claws in Spider-Man's gut because Pete called him on it.
Did Pete deserve it?

Guardian went to check on Wolverine after a training exercise, but Wolvie was having a bad "berserker rage" day, and put three claws in Hudson's gut and out his back.
Did Mac deserve it?

You haven't got an (adamantium-reinforced) leg to stand on.

Matters came to a head when the Avengers battled the so-called Elfqueen. Suspecting that the Elfqueen was not acting from evil motives, Captain America attempted to calm her down. Yellowjacket, however, who was edgy because of his personal matters, blasted Elfqueen from behind without stopping to consider what Captain America was trying to do. As a result Elfqueen resumed fighting. Afterwards, Captain America felt forced to bring charges against Yellowjacket of acting recklessly, since innocent people could have been killed in the battle that Yellowjacket's action had started again. An Avengers court martial meeting was set to examine the charges. Now beginning to undergo a nervous breakdown, Pym built a robot to attack the Avenger during the court martial. Pym designed the robot to have a secret weak point which he would use to defeat it. Pym fantasized that his defeat of the robot would make him a hero in the Avengers' eyes and lead to the dismissal of the charges. When his wife protested his plan, he brutally struck her. But Pym's plan went awry, and it was the Wasp who ended up defeating the robot. Pym was expelled from the Avengers. Moreover, his wife Janet initiated proceedings that ended in their divorce.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2247/198408-hank-pym_400.jpg

GREATEST HERO EVER! :rolleyes:

Batwing
04-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Enough already!

They're both heroes.

rychehitman
04-30-2007, 11:40 AM
nah, they are both bums! Keep going guys!:)

Batwing
04-30-2007, 08:48 PM
You troublemaker!

I'm going to send a Pym particle enlarged adamantium ball peen hammer your way!!!

Tony Coca
04-30-2007, 08:56 PM
They can always get Atlas to join the Avengers.

Batwing
04-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Hi Coca, welcome back!

Tony Coca
04-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi Coca, welcome back!

Thanks.Hey do you know where Thor is.

Batwing
04-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Thanks.Hey do you know where Thor is.

nbr3 still has him--yeah, we ought to get Thor going on more globe trekking adventures.