PDA

View Full Version : Most Difficult Debut

VaultMan
05-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Looking at the first ten issues of the following team books, I wondered who fought the toughest villians during their first 10 issues:

Fantastic Four - MoleMan, Skrulls, The Miracle Man, Submariner, Dr. Doom, Doom and Namor together, Kurrgo from Planet X (scary), PuppetMaster, Namor and Doom again

Avengers - Loki, Space Phantom, Hulk and Namor, The LavaMen, Masters of Evil; Executioner, Loki, Zemo, and the Enchantress together!; Kang, WonderMan, and Immortus

X-Men - Magneto, Vanisher, The Blob, Brotherhood (Magneto, Toad, Pietro and Wanda, and Mastermind); Brotherhood again, Brotherhood again but add in Namor too; Magneto the Blob and Unus, The Avengers and Lucifer, and finally Ka-Zar.

Who had the toughest go of it?

And yes, I am kind of bored... :laugh:

rychehitman
05-02-2007, 09:06 AM
I choose Spiderman

Fantastic Four, Vulture, Doc. Ock, Sandman, Dr. Doom, the Lizard, the Living Brain, Flash Thompson, JJJ, Electro, and the Enforcers. AND his first annual had the Sinister Six!

That's a lot for a 16 year old to handle!

The Watcher
05-02-2007, 09:17 AM
I choose Spiderman

Fantastic Four, Vulture, Doc. Ock, Sandman, Dr. Doom, the Lizard, the Living Brain, Flash Thompson, JJJ, Electro, and the Enforcers. AND his first annual had the Sinister Six!

That's a lot for a 16 year old to handle!

Don't forget that he also battled one of the most diabolical villains of all time...the Terrible Tinkerer!

*ASM issue #2.

The Watcher
05-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Looking at the first ten issues of the following team books, I wondered who fought the toughest villians during their first 10 issues:

Fantastic Four - MoleMan, Skrulls, The Miracle Man, Submariner, Dr. Doom, Doom and Namor together, Kurrgo from Planet X (scary), PuppetMaster, Namor and Doom again

Avengers - Loki, Space Phantom, Hulk and Namor, The LavaMen, Masters of Evil; Executioner, Loki, Zemo, and the Enchantress together!; Kang, WonderMan, and Immortus

X-Men - Magneto, Vanisher, The Blob, Brotherhood (Magneto, Toad, Pietro and Wanda, and Mastermind); Brotherhood again, Brotherhood again but add in Namor too; Magneto the Blob and Unus, The Avengers and Lucifer, and finally Ka-Zar.

Who had the toughest go of it?

And yes, I am kind of bored... :laugh:

Namor was a thorn in a lot of people's sides during that era.

wktf
05-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Actually, I agree with Ryche. That's a hell of a lot for someone who just hit puberty a few years earlier.

But, given the choices, I'd take The Avengers. Loki's as powerful and mean as they get, plus the combination of Sub-Mariner and The Hulk teaming up, even when you have Thor on your side, is just brutal.

Lizard King
05-02-2007, 10:58 AM
The Avengers. They went up against Norse Gods!

Tetragrammaton
05-02-2007, 11:59 AM
The Avengers would get my vote between the three teams in the poll, but I've always thought that the one team who had the toughest baptism of fire was the New Warriors, taking on Juggernaut and then Terrax.

http://i16.tinypic.com/52zvogm.jpg

http://i16.tinypic.com/52nz66h.jpg

HalJordanFan
05-02-2007, 12:28 PM
JLA!

VaultMan
05-02-2007, 01:43 PM
JLA!

I knew you'd say that Hal! :)

How did Terrax come back from the dead anyway...?

moon_knight1971
05-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Spidey but since he wasn't a choice, the FF! Look at those powerhouse names....

marvelboi77
05-02-2007, 09:14 PM
New Warriors was one of my favorite books in junior high... I remember it well, the few kids that collected comics in my school the New Warriors beat out X-Men, Spiderman, everyone's favorite was this team.

Wolverine1
05-03-2007, 02:40 AM
I say X Men did....