PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about the wii??

goodydog12
05-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Ive got psp, dreamcast (boxed up), ps2, ps3, and xbox 360. Im thinkin about tradin in a bunch of stuff for the wii. you guys think the wii is worth it? ive been burned by gamecube before!

JM28Cardiff
05-06-2007, 03:55 PM
I had a go on my friends wii the other week, and it was loads of fun, but for days afterwards my arm and shoulder were killing me!

Sgt Taz
05-06-2007, 04:01 PM
I think it's one of those things that's extremely fun...for awhile. An impuls buy so to speak.

Spatial.Archite
05-06-2007, 08:59 PM
I love the Wii, I've had it since the day it was released and, in general, it sees more playtime than my Xbox 360. The surprising part is that the games I bought the Wii for (Metroid Prime 3, Smash Bros., etc...) largely haven't been released yet.

I'm also fairly certain the market will be overflowing with Wii games shortly, it's way too popular for game publishers to pass up.

cougartrace
05-07-2007, 08:40 AM
I finally got my son the Wii. I think it depends on what you like about gaming. For me, I like graphics and sound. For me, it's the XBOX 360 all the way.

Plus, the Wii has along way to go match the online community.

Spatial.Archite
05-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Personally I'm more into playing the games themselves, and don't get me wrong, I love my Xbox 360, but Nintendo's done something that fresh and new. Though I love video games, in general they've gotten very stale. Nintendo didn't reinvent the wheel, they just found a different way to get it rolling.

As far as Microsoft's online community, I don't think anyone will ever match it, but it's only logical. I doubt any company will be willing to lose the money like Microsoft is.

El Diablo
05-07-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm also fairly certain the market will be overflowing with Wii games shortly, it's way too popular for game publishers to pass up.

I`m sure it will but how many of those games will be worth buying? probably only the ones released by nintendo as usual for a nintendo console. There`s no getting away from the fact the wii has an extremely poor line up for the year bar a few first first party titles. That said i`m sure the wii does make a great second console :)

Spatial.Archite
05-10-2007, 11:24 AM
Well, there's the two Resident Evil games, Knights, Manhunt 2, Guitar Hero III, Spider-Man: Friend or Foe is almost a definite, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Soul Calibur 4... that's just a few third-party titles coming to the Wii this year. Not to mention Nintendo's first-party offerings. The Wii will have a much better first year of games than the Xbox 360.

The fact is that in a little over half a year Nintendo's sold almost 7 million Wiis compared to Microsoft's 9.5 million Xbox 360s. Publishers want to make money, and the easiest way to do so is to expose yourself to the widest audience. It's basically a given that by the end of this year the Wii will be the best selling console by far. Compound that by the fact that there's still massive hardware shortages and you have a potentially massive audience with any Wii game.

Far more likely is you'll have the majority of the audience owning a Wii, with possibly an Xbox 360 or a PS3 as a second console. :thumbs2:

twinzs
05-10-2007, 11:05 PM
I love the Wii. I got mine for christmas from my dad. The only game I've played that I didn't like was the sonic game. Some games are very interactive, and some are not. I just finished super paper mario (really fun) and you play it more like a normal game. I would say pick one up for sure.

Justin
05-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I have a Wii & a 360. IMO the Wii is hands down the better of the two. If I had got the Wii first I would not have needed another console

xreynoldsxcorex
05-15-2007, 04:46 AM
I like the Wii way better because you can have alot of people over and play it and it is fun even if you arent playing. Rayman and Wario are great party games and Zelda and Paper Mario are way epic and you cant go wrong with Metal Slug anthology. 360 is good for online and hey have some great games right now, Oblivion! But wii is good for pick up and play and buying those classics like f zero.
PS3 is useless!

Merlose
05-17-2007, 09:05 PM
If i can be honest, i'm not that happy with it yet. Zelda was great but there hasn't been that many great 1 player games for it yet. I'm pissed that Ultimate Alliance isn't getting the upgrade on wii, and I was anticipating the next Super Mario RPG with the new Paper Mario but it was just a big let down. I'd enjoy the virtual console more if the games were cheaper, paying up to 8 dollars for old games which i once owned is crazy. I hope the summer brings about a ton of new wii games so that I can feel better about standing 8 hours in line.

cougartrace
05-18-2007, 08:31 AM
Yeah, the good games aren't coming out for the Wii yet.

As far as games like COD3, I much rather play it on my XBOX 360.

To be honest, I prefer PC gaming to all.

Razkiel
05-28-2007, 07:06 AM
Well, I tried Wii on Sunday at my best friend's house, Wii is undeniably fun and creative way to play, but the softwares still hamper me to advance my purchase towards Wii, for now

Primal
05-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Love it for Zelda & Wii Sports. My bro's enjoying Warioware.

Cant wait til the new Super Smash Bros comes out. Pit from Kid Icarus is back! :buttrock:

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/3627/pit070528atm5.jpg http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6351/pit070525dhw5.jpg http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6016/pit070525aec6.jpg

Waiting for the new Metroid too.

rric528
05-28-2007, 12:35 PM
I love to play with my Wee.

I sit in the dark and touch my wee, and play with my wee.

Now if I could find someone to play with my Wee for me, I'd be set.

Merlose
05-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Now if I could find someone to play with my Wee for me, I'd be set.

You and most everyone else :laugh: